OtakuBoards

What are you going to be for halloween?

Starr112

I plan on slipping into some rollerblades, wear all black, and put on some scary mask from Walgreens and go around stealing candy from the innocent children.

It 'oughta be a lot of fun my brothers did that when they were 16 and well.. they got alot of free candy. @__@; MmMmMm....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lore]Bah! Like you need a [i]party[/i] to dress up for Halloween! [i]Please[/i'], James. Think about that. :p[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]So...are you suggesting I just sit around drinking coffee at home, dressed up entirely as Willy Wonka? Hm, maybe that's a good idea...

I can use my cane to change TV channels, too. :animesmil [/font]

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium]So...are you suggesting I just sit around drinking coffee at home, dressed up entirely as Willy Wonka? Hm, maybe that's a good idea...

I can use my cane to change TV channels, too. :animesmil [/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Indigo]Sounds like a good idea to me. Even if I don't have a party to attend I always dress up. Usually I end up finding excuses to run errands though as I love walking around dressed up. Won't be to much of an issue this year as I have classes on Halloween. So I will be dressed up for school and for the party later in the evening.

As for the actual costume, well I'm still not sure so I'll proably fall back on my vampire outfit from last year.
[/COLOR]

I've had a pretty interesting history of Halloween costumes. I'm probably the only person in history to have ever gone trick-or-treating as Leonardo Da Vinci. My personal favorite costume I've had was when I was Cosmo from The Fairly OddParents, with Shigure Sohma from Fruits Basket (of whom I was at Anime Boston as well) also being up there (I was talking in-character for both of them all day long on those respective Halloweens, which managed to both entertain and disturb anyone brave enough to come near me). This year I'm being Beast Boy from the Teen Titans, and my younger sister is being Raven (I'm trying to convince my dad to be Mad Mod, though he's reluctant for some odd reason). Every year for the past 5 years my mom has been Professor Trelawney from Harry Potter (often dressing up while giving out candy to trick-or-treaters and singing various self-written song parodies such as "Voldemort is Coming to Town"). I'm probably going to go with a bunch of my friends who are all dressing up as insurance salesmen.

And now, I'll post the new, book 6-friendly lyrics to "Voldemort is Coming to Town" (please sing along to the tune of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"):

You better not breathe, you better not move,
You're better off dead, I'm telling you, dude,
Voldemort is coming to town!

He's drinking Unicorn blood, he's drinking it twice!
He's never good and he's never nice!

He likes to talk to snakes
And he likes to drink their venom!
He makes a lot of Horcruxes,
And he doesn't look good in denim! (don't ask me what that line's about)

Voldemort is coming to TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=EVA Unit 100]

Voldemort is coming to TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]Flipping hillarious ^_^

I think I may go as Billie Joe (Lead singer/guitarist from Green Day). I'm not totally into cross-dressing, but I've definitely got the outfit and the colored hair-spray... I might think about getting a wig, though, because my hair is shoulder-length. It's kinda too late to be thinking about buying abything with Halloween just a skip hop and a jump away, but whatever. Too bad I have to work, lol.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/CENTER]

That Voldemort song is so obviously superior to the original.

Thanks to [url=http://www1.funimation.com/f_index.cfm?page=news&id=287][u]FUNimation's[/u][/url] quick-and-dirty guide, maybe I'll just take the easy way out and go as Hazuki from [url=http://moonphase.tv/][u]Moon Phase[/u][/url]. This doesn't change the fact that cosplaying isn't my thing... but who can resist the siren call of[I] nekomimi mode[/I]? Not I. And she does have the hair. :catgirl:

I saw two spot-on costumes today: Harriet Miers and Valerie Plame (the latter was done by a man, actually). They were hilariously good.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=EVA Unit 100]
And now, I'll post the new, book 6-friendly lyrics to "Voldemort is Coming to Town" (please sing along to the tune of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"):

Voldemort is coming to TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I just choked on my Lays Stax! That was hilarious! I almost literally died laughing![/color]

This year I had a revelation. Why not dress up as Little Slugger. I mean all I have to do is paint my rollerblades, pick up a bent up baseball bat, and get a baseball cap, but then I decided against it I think I could pull of a tree succsefully though....

A buddy of mine is going as Naruto....wonder how good his temptation no jutsu is....

[color=darkviolet]Oh, I almost forgot! I'm going as a car part inspector for Halloween.

I have to work from 3:30PM-2:00AM on Samhain (too ansty and in need of money to ask for it off) So I can't even take my daughter out trick-or-treating *Sigh* Oh well.

I may wear my track suit- or get a sash that says: this is my costume!

But hey, like I said in earlier posts: What's scarier than me?[/color]

[color=DarkSlateBlue][font=Trebuchet MS]At my university's Hallowe'en night, I saw someone dressed as a [b]dead cheerleader. [/b]It was ace. She'd worn her cheerleading uniform, and then cut a rugby ball in half and stuck one half to either side of her head, and covered herself in fake blood. So it looked like she'd been cheerleading and the ball had hit her and gone [b]through [/b]her head.[/font][/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I went to my sister Harvest Party yesterday, and I went as an angel who helps the poor and needy, the 'Homeless Angel'. They said I actually looked like I was off the streets. I even wore a Halo.

I went to the supermarket with my sister who was dressed as my opposite, the angel who attends to the Rich and the Famous, a 'Haute Cotaure Angel', my cousin who was dressed up as 'Rhea', and my other cousin, who dressed up as 'The Tree of Knowledge' along with a stuffed animal, brown snake and kept trying to temp me with her apple! :animeswea People kept staring at us. But, it's all good. Maybe, I'll go to school like that tomarrow.

But, the funniest costume I had seen so far, was my sister's friend. Ok, her pose was that her head was down, she was wearing her hood and her arms spread out. She was dressed in pink, had two pink wash puffs attached to her wrists, and two white plates attached to her wrists too, that she held up in her hands.

She was a uterus, of someone in the bible who had twins! :rotflmao: [/COLOR]

My costume this year isn't quite as imaginative as last year's. I'm going as Charlie from Lost. I've been keeping my face and hair suitably scruffy for the past few days, and I've got my supplies all ready (white tape to wrap around my fingers, sugar to use in lieu of actual heroin, etc.). I also plan to stay up very late tonight in order to simulate that drugged out look that Dominic Monaghan has on in Lost. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the right type of jacket. Mine is black, but there's no zipper on it. Oh well.

I'll definitely be attending class tomorrow in costume, and like last year I'll be throwing myself completely into character. Yep, terrible British accent, incessant twitching and paranoia, the works (not the only aspects of Charlie's character, but the most fun to work with lol). It'll also be so much fun to walk around screeching "You All Everybody". And maybe I'll give the neighbors the whole Charlie spiel along with that. By the time the night is over, everyone shall know that [i]I[/i] was in Drive Shaft! :D

I'm going to give this thread a swift kick square in the groin. The way I see it, the other thread, "Costumes of Halloweens Past", isn't really relevant yet. Plus, earlier in this thread, I posted a teaser of my costume for this year, so all the more fitting to link the pics!

[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/madsatirist/AlexMelissaHalloweenParty1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/madsatirist/AlexMelissaHalloweenParty2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/madsatirist/AlexMelissaHalloweenParty3.jpg[/img]
[/center]

Hopefully you aren't terribly scarred. Yes, I had been drinking...a bit that night. I've got a nice pic of Elwood stored on another computer here, but I can't access it right now...grr...

EDIT: Found it

[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/madsatirist/HPIM0966.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/madsatirist/HPIM0964.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/madsatirist/HPIM0967.jpg[/IMG]
[/center]

[QUOTE=Brasil]The way I see it, the other thread, "Costumes of Halloweens Past", isn't really relevant yet.

Hopefully you aren't terribly scarred.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet] Don't be hatin'. Gah! I can't believe I typed that! Oh well. I think that thread is very relevant since it discusses past halloween costumes. What do you want, a thread called costumes of Halloween yet to come ? Don't tempt me.

No, I'm not [i]that[/i] scared, but for some reason I always thought you looked like Mo Rocca. And no that was [i]not[/i] an insult.

I'm going to go beat at the shadows on my wall.

Chibi Horsewoman.[/color]