OtakuBoards

What are you going to be for halloween?

Starr112

[COLOR=#656448][SIZE=1]^ The runaway bride, hmm? I suggest you ditch the blanket and use that multi-colored towel of hers instead. Then you can dress your daughter up in a police costume and have her walk you around the neighborhood.^^

Since no one in our house is really into Halloween (well, save for my little brother), I'll probably just drag chains around our second floor at the stroke of midnight. With a little luck, I might actually meet our house's resident poltergeist![/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=4][color=slategray][font=chiller]Costumes?

Last year I was a pshycotic murderer on a mission to kill and steal other kids for their candy. ( I thought,"Hey! I'm doing these kids a favor, from messing up their still-growing-teeth.")

Even though I am so-called-Too-Old, I'm still going to dress up for the hell of it. This year I'm thinking of dressing up as a Sith Lord, or some other guy that is on the dark side.

Any Suggestions?[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='Godelsensei']All you people claiming to be "too old" to dress up--get a life. Honestly. That's like claiming you're too old for Christmas presents: ridiculous.[/quote]

[size=4][color=slategray][font=chiller]Very True.[/font][/color][/size]

Last year I dressed up as Lisa "left eye" lopez from TLC

this year I might be

1) angel
2)Gwen stefani or one of the Harajuku girls
3)or a cheerleader

my lil brother's gunna dress up as Naruto I might go as Hinata :animesmil

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][QUOTE=kenshinsbabe][SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]
As for me, I was planning on going as your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady. I'll wear a nightgown and a bathrobe and go around town blabbering loudly and carrying (and possibly throwing) stuffed animal cats. XD I can't wait.[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

:rotflmao: There used to be a house full of cats on my street! Oh the memories!

[QUOTE=Shippo][img]
My costumes on the right. I'm planning on going around my neighborhood chanting "george bush dont care about the black people."[/QUOTE]

:rotflmao: Hahaha you should get someone to be Mike Myers with the shocked look on his face.

[QUOTE=Pumpkin][SIZE=1]
I couldn't stop my friend from dressing up as Osama's wife. She started chasing kids down the street yelling "death to america..aiiyyeee" [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

:rotflmao: hahahaha, I'm one of the people who found it funny.

You people made me laugh so much.

Well anyhoo, I'm probably going to be suckered into handing out candy on Halloween, but one of my sisters is having a Harvest Party on the Saturday before. The theme is "Miracles and Parables", so my other sister and I are going as Jesus Fangirls. We even have a pose.

If it's the weather is sucks on Halloween, I'll dress up as a christmas elf. If it's nice, maybe I'll dress up as an 80s chick or hippy or even a gypsy! ;) .[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Luminaire][color=darkred]Well, I don't think my hair will be long enough for Witch Hunter Robin, but I could always wear the dress, which then I will look like a nun. I could always throw on some horns and be an oxymoron too. Nun + horns = ......Has anyone ever heard of a demonic nun? O_o Or I could go as a bride, I have a wedding dress. >imagines dragging long train around shool< XD

I don't know if I want to go trick-or-treating because when I moved into the main town, there was no one to go with and not alot of houses to visit. I was really lonely and it was awkward going by myself down the main road.

~Lumi ^_^[/color][/QUOTE] [color=#9933ff]Yeah, I know I know you're hair is too short. Too bad. I was REALLY REALLY impressed with the way you held it up.

That's right everyone. You should now congradulate Lumi for being able to put her hair up to be Robin when it was really really friggin' long. Because she thought of how to do it all on her own, and used L Brackets. 3 X 3 inch L brackets, and she is the coolest person for all eternity for thinking of that. Now you all should agree with me. ¬_¬

I say you just go around like a nun. I have this really big, friggin' cross that's rediculously large, that you could wear. It's not even supposed to really be a cross to wear everyday, but you could wear it if you wanted to (I don't even think it's blessed by the priest, so you wouldn't be too "heretic" or whatever, by wearing it, if that's what you were thinking. :/ ). I'm wearing my pearl necklace 'cause I'm gonna be that mermaid. ^^;;;

CHW: The runaway bride? I like that costume idea. It's very good! And that Care Bear one for your child sounds positively adorable. ^_^; [/color]

Hello ppl, well for halloween, I'm stuck, and I need some help to decide on what to be. Can somebosy give me some advice? :animesmil

Ok, well I was plannining on being sort of my own Naruto ninja. I was gonna have half of my face covered, but still covering my mouth. I would have like a face mask slanted to cover one side of my face, and a naruto head band that I have would be covering that eye on that side(red sand, black sound, itachi's, or black mist headband) ON the side not covered, I would either have scars, or a tatoo of a dragon around a flaming skull(not real) Also, one of my friends knows about my obsession with vampires :animeswea and recomended putting vampire teeth on, but It wouldn't be able to be seen with the mask on, unless I had my mouth open. So, I am confuse on how I should look. :animestun
Can somebody help me out? :animesigh
*I have long brown hair, and bangs* :catgirl:

[color=hotpink][size=1]I bought this apparently "gothic" Lady in Waiting costume from Party City, but I'm really going to call myself a Princess, and that be that. And I'm wearing nice fishnet thigh-highs, too. With bows. Gotta love the bows.

Anyway, I got sad just now when I was reading through this thread and only recognized about two people...;_;[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=slategray]It's really hard to find people in my town to go trick-or-treating with... even just to walk around town with in costumes. It's sad, really. I was talking to some of my friends... and they said that, "We are too old." When the hell did that start? I was just like, "Kids, you are only in eighth grade. Where is that candy-loving coolness?" They just look at me like I'm stupid. Eh.

Last year, since no one agreed to go candy hunting with me, I was dragged along to some party. So, at the last minute, I went to some GoodWill store and bought a very smexy Victorian-looking dress, put some heavy eye make-up on, and some copper streaks in my hair, and I was so the best dressed there. Though, I didn't win anything for it... since this other guy came dressed as Britney Spears, complete with performance. Heh.

This year, some boys I hang out with said they were planning to dress up as hookers and go downtown on main street. They wanted me to be their pimp or something. Lol. But I don't think I fancy to see Daniel in a mini-skirt... Jordan might not look half bad, though. Haha.
Other than that, which I know they won't end up doing anyway, I don't know what to do. Everyone says parties, but I am all for trick-or-treating... and maybe a party the day before or something. Though, I'm still stumped on what to go as. Maybe I should be a cow... hmm...

I could easily go as some anime/manga character... but I don't believe in Cosplay on Halloween... I save that for anime conventions.[/color][/size]

Eh, I was GOING to go all out out for Halloween and dress up fully as Botan from Yu Yu Hakusho just to scare everyone I know (almost the complete opposite of how I act). However, I haven't had much time to sew it and go get suplies and everything...plus, I'm making a Koenma Costume for my 4 yr old brother. :animeswea

With Holloween on a Monday to boot this year ( :animeangr ), and all the other stuff i have to do after school that day, I don't have time to go walking around or anything. So instead of going all out, I'll be wearing a hooded cloak I made, playing the mysterious figure that hangs around in the background but is the real evil mastermind of whatever plot afoot. :animesigh

[color=darkviolet]My friends all have kids (one of my friends actually has kids who speak full sentances) so I guess we're going to take our kids out. I think I may keep whatever candy Abby gets. Mmm sugar high!

I think I may also wait outside my house- sit very still and then scare kids who come to get candy. Oh the joys of adulthood![/color]

Me and my buds here in college have put some thought into some Domo-kun costumes...if only we could find them then we could prance around State street..Orientals hugging us....others wondering what we are...and little children running in sheer terror...then again there are no kids on state street...but we'd go hunting for them hee hee :animesmil

[COLOR=GREEN][FONT= Comic Sans MS]Well, I remember last Halloween for me was pretty pathetic. All I did was watch scary and Halloween themed stuff on TV and mooch out on candy, that was supposed to be for the Trick-or-Treater's that never showed up. This was all at my friend's house, and even though I dress up, no one else did!

This year, however, there are at least 2 or three parties I'm going to, the first of which is tonight. I'm going as Hermone from Harry Potter, reusing the same costume from when the book came out back in July. I was thinking of Kagome, but I couldn't get it finished in time for Halloween, so I'll just wear it to a con I'm going to next month.

In the small town where my university is, Halloween is being celebrated on Sat, but I just may very well were my costume to class monday just because. (It rocks not having a dress code for school anymore!)[/FONT][/COLOR]

Halloween...

My favorite old school holiday! What am I going to be this year??

*grins* I am going to be.....*drumrolls*....actually I still have no clue! :animesmil

But maybe...just maybe... I'll wear my dad's camo uniform...inspiration brought to you in part by Metal Gear Solid!!

[font=Trebuchet MS][quote=>x AKA
satan's birthday[font=Trebuchet MS][/quote] Then don't post.

Sorry to be blunt, but this isn't the [b]do you celebrate Hallowe'en or not [/b]thread. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the discussion, don't waste your time replying. I'm sure you can find better things to spend five minutes doing, with the entire Internet at your fingertips.
[/font]

What does dressing up and getting candy have to do with the devil?

Uh, nothing.

So anyway, I really want to be Elphaba from Wicked. I'd even paint my skin green with some of that special Halloween cream they sell at Party City. However, I don't have any money and my mom, who is boring and doesn't care to go all out for Halloween or even Christmas and actually believes that people get too old to dress up, is not going to help me buy it. I can't be out of luck now! Emotearz.

[QUOTE=>x AKA
satan's birthday[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Sorry to burst your bubble honey, but Halloween is the same day as the Celtic New Year known as Samhain (sow Wen) Which has nothing to do with the Devil- because the Celts didn't believe in Satan because He's a Christian creation (you want to debate go to my profile and click on my Yahoo IM)

*Sigh*

Anyways I've decided that I'm going as Chibi Horsewoman for Halloween (that has to be scarier than anything you can find in a store) Either that or I'd tear up my wedding dress and go as a zombie bride heh. My daughter is going as a lady bug. [/color]

Guest phaserface21
vampire as always, well maybe i could go as a trigun character that would be cool it give me an excuse to carrie my revolver around of i live in missouri so that wouldn't be out of the ordinary
auweitensean

[font=Garamond][size=2][color=seagreen]I'm going to go as Alex from [b]A Clockwork Orange[/b].[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Garamond][size=2][color=seagreen]I checked out the book again so I can get the nadsat vocab down proper.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Garamond][size=2][color=seagreen]Hee hee. Groodies.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS]I have a lab coat in my wardrobe, so I thought I might get some red food colouring, splash it liberally over, mess my hair around and go as a mad scientist.

Then I had a lazier idea. Put on a light grey hoodie, roll up my sleeves and scrawl [b]"28.06.42.12." [/b]up my inside left forearm with a black marker. If you don't get the reference, [url="http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=149402&p=57&g=72&pa=sr"][b]click here[/b][/url] and buy immediately! For £5.99 you can't afford [b]not [/b]to own it.[/font]

[quote name='Godelsensei]All you people claiming to be "too old" to dress up--get a life. Honestly. That's like claiming you're too old for Christmas presents: [b']ridiculous.[/b][/quote]Quoted for truth.

Props to Brasil, Corey, Lafleur, and Mr. Maul for swank costumes ideas, too.

I'll be going as Kaylee from [i]Firefly[/i]. I bought a jumpsuit and a pretty-colored shirt today. I need to hack the arms off the suit, add some cutesy patches, and get myself a pair of boots or something. Good times. :)

[color=#3D4038][font=trebuchet ms]I am so disappointed; a group of my friends were talking about having a Halloween party this year. And now that the time is arriving, it looks like it isn't going to happen!

Ironically, both my sisters are going to Halloween parties this weekend. Bleh.

I had been hoping for a party anyway. I was going to dress as Willy Wonka (big surprise there). The only problem is, I've had trouble finding the right top hat...the version I see in the merchandise stores is all soft and weird. It's not [i]real[/i]. I hate that. Why is it so hard to just duplicate the one from the film? Bah.

The rest of the costume is pretty easy, sans the wig. But yeah, that is what I was thinking about doing for Halloween this year. If no parties end up cropping up at the last minute, I may have to wait 'till next year. >_>;[/font][/color]

[quote name='James][color=#3D4038][font=trebuchet ms]If no parties end up cropping up at the last minute, I may have to wait 'till next year. >_>;[/font'][/color][/quote]Bah! Like you need a [i]party[/i] to dress up for Halloween! [i]Please[/i], James. Think about that. :p