OtakuBoards

What are you going to be for halloween?

Starr112

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=darkslateblue] *snorts down a laugh* My friends and I joked around about being stereotypical emo kids for halloween ("We must start fasting now!"). I personally want to do it, seeing as I find it hilarious.

But I'm probably not trick-or-treating this year, since it's on a Monday. >_> But my friend is hosting a scary-movie thing, which has always been fun. I saw Rosemary's Baby for the first time last year there, and it still remains the horror movie that freaks me out the most. v_v

I do remember one year when we got a group of friends and dressed up as the monk-people from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. We had the chant and head-hitting boards things down perfectly. ;) [/color]

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]Lunox[/B]

I do remember one year when we got a group of friends and dressed up as the monk-people from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. We had the chant and head-hitting boards things down perfectly.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]That. Is. Awesome.

As for me, I was planning on going as your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady. I'll wear a nightgown and a bathrobe and go around town blabbering loudly and carrying (and possibly throwing) stuffed animal cats. XD I can't wait.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Well I'm gonna be Yoda from Star Wars. I am really that short!. Well that is the costume I can actually pull off, I tried to be a witch once but it didn't work out, dark make up doesn't apply to me, I was once President Bush, it was hilarious but I don't think it'll be a goodidea this year. SO I'LL BE YODA!

[SIZE=1]I've been too old to dress for years now but I do it nonetheless for the extra candy I can steal from my little cousins when I take them. But last year as like a last minute thing, I threw on my regular clothes, took a hat, and bam! I was a boy. Good thing I wear my brother's clothes all the time.

This year, if I do end up doing something, once again I'll be a boy or an American Idol reject. The two best things I can do in a flash of notice. Even with the dance moves. :animesmil [/SIZE]

Bah it's a Monday and my writing class doesn't get out until 9 so I'll still be at school. I suppose I'm a little too old for Halloween now anyway (sighs) Which sucks but anyways...

So I'll be the broke college chick with kitty ears and a Cardcaptor Sakura wand sticking out of her backpack. Heh I might bring out the clow cards and a few plushies, I'll be creative lol

I'll probably buy a few bags of candy and give them out to everyone I see around the campus as a trick or treating thing. Who knows, maybe people will like that...(shrugs)

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Some of my friends are dressing up as "religious figures.". One is going as Buddha and another as Jesus Christ. I'm probably going as Haruko from FLCL or Ed from Cowboy Bebop. I got out of being the infamous whiner, Kagome.
THANK YOU GOD FOR NOT MAKING ME WEAR THAT SCHOOL GIRL OUTFIT!
I mean, if you've seen a picture of me and talked to me you know I ain't no Kagome......
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[font=trebuchet ms]Me and some friends are going to be a gang of really done-up goths. You know, chains, five belts, hats, capes, pimp sticks, all black, glasses, at night. It'll be great. I still need the cape.

My parents are notorious for having the most decorated house in the neighborhood, people come from out of state to see us. This year we're doing some sort of radioactive theme, lots of fog and people with their skin melted off. Oh yes. I have a costume for that as well, for when we get home from trick-or-treating. I think my friends are going to have costumes and hang out with us as well. I can't wait to blast sound effects out of my computer.[/font]

Um, someone from something who has long dark hair, I guess. :p

I've gotten a little tired of people telling me to be Arwen, though. At the same time, anime-related cosplay is just so not my thing. (If I ever magically got my hands on a costume for Dagger/Garnet of FFIX, I would be tempted to reconsider, but that's the sole exception.) Two friends and I did consider cross-dressing as the Three Stooges...

~Dagger~

Fairy. Fricken. Princess.

My skirt:
[URL=http://img308.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skirt3rp.jpg][IMG]http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/2342/skirt3rp.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

All you people claiming to be "too old" to dress up--get a life. Honestly. That's like claiming you're too old for Christmas presents: [b]ridiculous.[/b]

[quote name='50 cent']Well personally I think I will have the best costume ever. Okay I will wrap my self with lots of tin foil and write leftovers on it, and I will be... LEFTOVER MEATLOAF!!! LOL[/quote][SIZE=1]
Meatloaf...now why didn't I ever think of a creative idea like that? Darn it. Last year I went as a [b]hooker faerie[/b] and now I'm confused at what I'm going to be. I'm probably going to my boyfriend's halloween party and then going to hand out candy to the little kids and scare them half to death like last year. I couldn't stop my friend from dressing up as Osama's wife. She started chasing kids down the street yelling "death to america..aiiyyeee" Okay so some might not find that funny, but you had to see her for you to know that she was messing around. It was hilarious. But I'm definately looking forward to halloween this year, I'm still open to ideas so maybe I'll take a bit from everyone who's posted. I'm thinking of being the nerdy girl in Napolean Dynamite, I love that movie. [b]Vote for Pedro![/b]

By the way, trick-or-treating is for everyone. For those of you who only hand out large amounts of candy to the little kids, forshame! [/SIZE]

[quote name='Dagger']Are you going to wear a tiara?[/quote]

But of course!

Also, if you're looking for a costume for some one with long dark hair, I can't help but suggest the morbid, beloved, bathes-in-the-blood-of-up-to-eighty-virgins-at-a-time lady vampire. It'd totally suit you. : P

[QUOTE=Curse][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Some of my friends are dressing up as "religious figures.". One is going as Buddha and another as Jesus Christ.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
Haha, one of my friends did that. Well, it basically a bathrobe and a fake beard, but it did the trick - although he did end up mugging 5 really young kids and taking their candy, soo....

As for me, if I do go, I'll be going as Dr.Strangelove (From: Dr.Strangelove; or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb). It'll be really fun because I get too use an electric wheelchair and talk with my best German accent.

Based on the findings of the report, my conclusion was that this idea was not a practical deterrent for reasons which at this moment must be all too obvious. [/COLOR]

My friends and I wasted a period trying to figure out who to "cosplay" on Halloween. I was against -anything- anime related so we thought a good idea would be to cosplay as the Teen Titans.

Apparently my hair is like robins. o.O
And another friend of mine already has a cloak that looks like Raven's xD
I went looking for gloves today but couldn't find any. T_T Maybe I wont be Robin...

-ArV

[color=#9933ff]I think some of you guys have really great costume ideas! ^_^

From the unique and creative to the political and the religious. What a great mix.

This year, if I can put it together on time (fat chance - don't even have a friggin' pattern, and I'm going tomorrow to get the cloth), I'm going to be a mermaid. Since I'm sewing it myself without a pattern (but I know EXACTLY what I want it to look like), I hope to holy God that I finish in time.

If I don't, I'll be a little upset about wasting fabric, but I'll just go out as Yuko from XXXholic, which is what I wore to AnimeNext - it's all done (mostly - you can't tell what I didn't finish. >_>), so that'll be fine.

I'm trying to convince Luminaire to go as Robin from Witch Hunter Robin (Witches! Halloween!), but she says her hair, since she cut it over the summer, isn't long enough. I need to convince her. ¬_¬ [/color]

[color=darkred]Well, I don't think my hair will be long enough for Witch Hunter Robin, but I could always wear the dress, which then I will look like a nun. I could always throw on some horns and be an oxymoron too. Nun + horns = ......Has anyone ever heard of a demonic nun? O_o Or I could go as a bride, I have a wedding dress. >imagines dragging long train around shool< XD

I don't know if I want to go trick-or-treating because when I moved into the main town, there was no one to go with and not alot of houses to visit. I was really lonely and it was awkward going by myself down the main road.

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

[color=darkviolet]Well, unless I get another job soon (let go Friday thank you very much) I'm going to wear a track suit, running sneakers and a blanket and go as the runaway bride. I'll have to wear a blanket over my head because 1.) I'm not that ugly and 2.) my eyes don't open that wide.

Call it what you want, but I think I get points for originality.

I think I may get my daughter a Care Bear costume- I saw a really cute one Saturday.[/color]