OtakuBoards

Does anyone know of any good books?

Fall

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]OHH!! I've read that book!! Lol, it's one of the few I've actually ever read. It is a good book, but my favorite rabbit type book would be ...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

...what's the deal with rabbits?? I didn't know they wrote books just about Rabbits!!??!! Well, except for Peter The Rabbit, but that's a childrens book...so what is it that you guys are reading?!?! do inform do inform pweease!:glasses:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

...what's the deal with rabbits?? I didn't know they wrote books just about Rabbits!!??!! Well, except for Peter The Rabbit, but that's a childrens book...so what is it that you guys are reading?!?! do inform do inform pweease!:glasses: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]I never read the book, but I saw the animated movie years ago...

Watership Down is nothing like Peter Rabbit or anything...it's very strange and very sad. There's quite a lot of darkness and violence in it...it's hard to explain lol. You have to watch it for yourself.

It's worth watching though. :)[/color][/size]

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]I never read the book, but I saw the animated movie years ago...

Watership Down is nothing like Peter Rabbit or anything...it's very strange and very sad. There's quite a lot of darkness and violence in it...it's hard to explain lol. You have to watch it for yourself.

It's worth watching though. :)[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Is this a cartoon/anime? ...or an actual movie?

...I just might have to check it out!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by D. Dark [/i]
[B]

Yeah, sorry...
Been busy...
Anyway, it's a book about how these boys get stranded on a desert island, and how they work together, and it has a large twist...
Basically, it's just a book about the human psyche...
It's a cool book...
Read it... [/B][/QUOTE]

I might do that. by the way
[SIZE=4]Dinotopia is da coolest![/SIZE]
ahem, has anyone read the one with the sabertooth tigers, I have that one but I can't find it, also I have a few others. Sabertooth tigers. . coooool:love: :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]

I might do that. by the way
[SIZE=4]Dinotopia is da coolest![/SIZE]
ahem, has anyone read the one with the sabertooth tigers, I have that one but I can't find it, also I have a few others. Sabertooth tigers. . coooool:love: :D [/B][/QUOTE]

well I've read all of the Dinotopia books except for the last one. and that one you're talking about is one of the best.......

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]Is the last one where the dinosaur and that kid go on a quest for something? ummmm I think its called 'Thunder Falls' or something, its pretty cool too. [/B][/QUOTE]
umm, I think so.......... I'd really like to read it. I think I might order it off the official site.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

Is this a cartoon/anime? ...or an actual movie?

...I just might have to check it out! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Nah, it's nothing like an anime at all.

It's a cartoon. But the art style is generally more...how can I put it..."lush" than anime.

A lot of anime tends to be very raw, barebones design (particularly Dragonball), while this movie is more like english cartoons whereby the backgrounds look hand-painted.

In any case, it's strange because even though it's about rabbits...it's supposed to be a serious story in a realistic setting.

As I said, I saw it many years ago...so I only remember parts of it. But it's a good movie to watch if you feel like something very involving.[/color][/size]

[B]

It's worth watching though. :)[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

hmm, yes. i saw that movie when i was a little kid & it freaked me out, esp. the part where the rabbits are trying to get out of the hole & they're crushing each other to death... & isn't there some kind of... magic rabbit? it's black or something?

also, [I]and then there were none [/I] is fabulous...

[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Nah, it's nothing like an anime at all.

It's a cartoon. But the art style is generally more...how can I put it..."lush" than anime.

A lot of anime tends to be very raw, barebones design (particularly Dragonball), while this movie is more like english cartoons whereby the backgrounds look hand-painted.

In any case, it's strange because even though it's about rabbits...it's supposed to be a serious story in a realistic setting.

As I said, I saw it many years ago...so I only remember parts of it. But it's a good movie to watch if you feel like something very involving.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]...! I just remembered that I saw that movie a very long time ago...and it was indeed scary! I never linked the book and the movie though...the book wasn't as dark and scary as the movie. The book is great, I should go read it again.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]...! I just remembered that I saw that movie a very long time ago...and it was indeed scary! I never linked the book and the movie though...the book wasn't as dark and scary as the movie. The book is great, I should go read it again.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Yeah, I saw the movie a long time ago...and I do remember a few specific parts of it. I'll have to rent it again, just to see it...maybe I'd have a better understanding now that I'm older.

But it was very scary when I watched it. Almost every part of it seemed really sad...

And that black rabbit, it was like a dream/hallucination that the main character kept having...I forget what it symbolized. But it kept kind of following him wherever he went.

The ending was scary too, when the general went into the warren and was killing everyone...very freaky.

Not really a little kids' movie now that I think about it lol.[/color][/size]

[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Yeah, I saw the movie a long time ago...and I do remember a few specific parts of it. I'll have to rent it again, just to see it...maybe I'd have a better understanding now that I'm older.

But it was very scary when I watched it. Almost every part of it seemed really sad...

And that black rabbit, it was like a dream/hallucination that the main character kept having...I forget what it symbolized. But it kept kind of following him wherever he went.

The ending was scary too, when the general went into the warren and was killing everyone...very freaky.

Not really a little kids' movie now that I think about it lol.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=chocolate]The rabbit you speak of is known as the Black Rabbit of Inlé (lupine for Moon). He is like [i]Watership Down[/i]'s Grim Reaper-comes for rabbits when it is time for them to die.
To be honest with you, the book is MUCH better than the movie. At least to me. One of my fab parts of the movie was the animation of the creation story--but it got gruesome fast. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]A Very good book is "A Child Called 'It'" by Dave Pelzer..... Very emotional, excellent book[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]
yeah, I might be getting that book for Chrissie........

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=chocolate]The rabbit you speak of is known as the Black Rabbit of Inlé (lupine for Moon). He is like [i]Watership Down[/i]'s Grim Reaper-comes for rabbits when it is time for them to die.
To be honest with you, the book is MUCH better than the movie. At least to me. One of my fab parts of the movie was the animation of the creation story--but it got gruesome fast. [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Ahh yes! I remember now...

I should read the book. Even remembering bits out of the movie is weird for me...perhaps because I saw it at a relatively young age.

I remember the main character kind of being followed around by that rabbit...like it was waiting for him. Is that right? The main character (from what I remember), seemed to be really timid...and he was always talking about death and stuff...[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]A Very good book is "A Child Called 'It'" by Dave Pelzer..... Very emotional, excellent book[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I remember reading that book the summer before my freshman year in high school while on the 15 hour flight to Australia. It was close to being disturbing, but in a touching, not-quite-lighthearted way.

(Needless to say, I started and finished the book on that single flight ;))[/color]

[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Ahh yes! I remember now...

I should read the book. Even remembering bits out of the movie is weird for me...perhaps because I saw it at a relatively young age.

I remember the main character kind of being followed around by that rabbit...like it was waiting for him. Is that right? The main character (from what I remember), seemed to be really timid...and he was always talking about death and stuff...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=chocolate]Oh, you're remembering Fiver, the one who could see the future. The main character is actually his brother, Hazel. Beyond those two and Bigwig (Thylali), the movie didn't keep much with the book's hero charas. I remember Dandelion and Blackberry and Pipkin (Hlao-Roo) and all sorts of stuff. And Kehaar, the cussing bird!
Blackberry: *to the injured Kehaar* We can help you--
Kehaar: *obviously irritated* Piss off!
:rotflmao: [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=chocolate]Oh, you're remembering Fiver, the one who could see the future. The main character is actually his brother, Hazel. Beyond those two and Bigwig (Thylali), the movie didn't keep much with the book's hero charas. I remember Dandelion and Blackberry and Pipkin (Hlao-Roo) and all sorts of stuff. And Kehaar, the cussing bird!
Blackberry: *to the injured Kehaar* We can help you--
Kehaar: *obviously irritated* Piss off!
:rotflmao: [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Ahh yes. Now I remember. :)

Fiver annoyed the absolute hell out of me...he was constantly fearing death...it was incredibly annoying.

I think I remember a bird from the movie...but I don't remember it cursing...lol.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Ooh! i just finished reading "Farenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury, it is a great book. I suggest you all you go read it if you haven't already.[/SIZE]:lecture: [/B][/QUOTE]
I read in 9th grade. It's a great book.
"Catcher in the Rye" (spelling), "Of Mice and Men" also great book to read.

Has anybody ever read anything by Isaac Asimov, like "I, Robot", and other books. I've heard it's pretty good, and I managed to plough through a 700 page short stories book about robots by him (Got it from a friend).
Has anybody read "Space Odessy" (Sp?) books? They are really good, and I recommend them highly...
I remember FF VII being based on a book. Anyone know where I can get it?
And lastly, has anyone played role-playing books?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i]
[B][b][color=indigo][size=1]
War books. Um The Redwall Series by Brian Jacques maybe. Except for instead of humans it is talking animals:(mouses, badgers, moles etc..). In every book there is a huge battle and it is detailed really good too. I suggest read them in order by the list on the website: [url]www.redwall.org[/url].[/b][/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I was gonna say that, you stole it! :( J/K I'm still gonna pipe in though :cross: I really love those books, :love: , I'm on..Mariel of Redwall, about almost half way through, Lord Rawnblade is watching for Gabool, he's saying that they will meet and he will defeat him, what's up with those badger lords and their lifetime enemies? First lord brocktree(not sure who his was, never read it) then it was his son, Boar the fighter and the one searat, forgot his name, then Sunflash and Swartt, now Rawnblade and Gabool, except he'll hhave to fight Mariel to slay him i think, she wants a piece of him real bad...well, kiddies, to find out more, if this was interesting, READ! hehe, i hope i hooked ya there. :rotflmao:

I'd suggest the Left Behind Series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. A very good series (so far) about people who weren't taken in the Rapture, and how the devil comes to power.
If you like end-of-the-world books, read them.

And if you like Left Behind, try the Countdown Series by Daniel Parker. It's pretty greusome, but very good. It's about how almost everyone in the world melts (that's right, MELTS) into a black puddle of goo, and the only survivors are teenagers.