OtakuBoards

Does anyone know of any good books?

Fall

Can anyone recommend me any good books. I want to read, but have no books to read. So, I'm asking you guys to help me. I want a book that gives you a good read, preferably on War, or a book that is on a kid or kids that are 13 years old, and tell you about their life. Anyone know any good books on a catagory of these?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]I have the perfect book you! =) Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. My favorite book. Sorry...reoccuring shameless plug. [/B][/QUOTE]
O yes, I've read that book, and I enjoyed it very much.:wigout:

Anythinf from The Lord Of The Rings sieries, Msybe the Dragon lance Sieries? Forgoten Realms?

Augh... can;t think right now..... by lhe looks of it i can't type either..... tired.....

- :sleep:

the ultimate war book is [I]catch 22 [/I] by Joseph L. Hellar. it jumps from being the funniest book you've ever read to being the most horrifying book you've ever read. it's an accurate, entertaining account of military life during war. it's on my official list of the best books ever written.

a good classic young adult book (not having to do w/ war) is [I]catcher in the rye[/I] by J.D. Salinger. this book is very funy (both of those books made me LOL, & it takes a lot to make me do that). it's a real "slice of life" type book, if you like that sort of thing.

[color=royalblue]*sigh*I don't think that every literal person in thw world hasn't read Harry Potter. Except for the children of those "Harry Potter is the tool of the Devil" freaks. They threw rocks at me as i went into the theater to see a different movie! They called me a Satan worshipping Pilloc, or something like that. I flipped them the bird.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B][color=royalblue] Except for the children of those "Harry Potter is the tool of the Devil" freaks. They threw rocks at me as i went into the theater to see a different movie! They called me a Satan worshipping Pilloc, or something like that. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]What the hell is wrong with people? People suck.[/color]

[color=royalblue]I'm friends with one of those ppl. I said "Lets go see a movie" And he screamed and ran out of the room!(seriusly!)I sighed and said: 'U can pick the movie'. We went and saw Monsters Inc.(My friend is a bit...loopy)Oh, like Monsters Inc. isn't the work of the devil.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]

Do you mean you like Harry potter? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]*sigh* Yes, I do. Problem?

Hehe, actually, the reason I posted that was because people are dumb when it comes to Harry Potter. Stupid fools have probably never even read the books. I assume that if you don't like it, you probably haven't either...[/color]

[b][color=indigo][size=1]
War books. Um The Redwall Series by Brian Jacques maybe. Except for instead of humans it is talking animals:(mouses, badgers, moles etc..). In every book there is a huge battle and it is detailed really good too. I suggest read them in order by the list on the website: [url]www.redwall.org[/url].[/b][/color][/size]

[FONT=century gothic]
Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien
The Dragonriders of Pern, by Anne McCaffrey
Sabriel, by Garth Nix
Ruby in the Smoke series, by Philip Pullman
His Dark Materials trilogy, by the same
HGTTG, by Doug Adams
The Princess Bride, by Mogenstern [you'll want the abridged version, and make sure it's in english....][/FONT]

Terry Prachett is funny.
I'm reading Lord of the Rings at the mo. I recommend it.
I personally like sci-fi, like space odessy series, but I don't know if you would like it?
What kind of books do you like?
Has anyone seen [B]Catch 22?
It's funny.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]My favorite book is 1984 by George Orwell, then my second favorite is Animal Farm by... George Orwell![/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Gee, those sure are cheerful books.[/FONT]