OtakuBoards

3 reasons why Mr.Jack is the best song ever

Panache

Mr.Jack is the best song ever beacause.

1. Its by SOAD(SystemOfADown)
2. Its randon but it sounds serious
3. It doesnt give you horrible depression after you hear it like some people (im looking at you metallica you big downer!)

What do you people think?

I think you're wrong - Mr. Jack is not a random song. It sounds serious, and it [I]is[/I] serious. It's about police brutality (or something along those lines).

And Metallica is definately not a depressing band (well, their new stuff is depressing, but that's only because it's excruciatingly lame).

And since this is, after all, an opinions thread, I can say that I think System of a Down is becoming increasingly more lame. They hit their stride with Toxicity, which wasn't anything amazing to begin with as far as I'm concerned. But that's just me.

[QUOTE=orbindo][COLOR=Red]SOAD rules, case closed.
A7x rocks, but doesnt rule.

Mr.jack is alright, but chick'n stu is more random than any song i've ever heard from them. well, cigaro maybe, but thats all.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

You obviiously are missing the message in these songs then, though how you could misperceive chick'n stu when he says "advertising's got you on the run" like 20 times is beyod me <_< its about overbearing advertising and how it makes people constantly buy. cigaro should be obvious

I think that nearly everyone is missing the point of SOAD's lyrics - thus showcasing the problem with the band's leap into the hyper-mainstream.

Now don't get me wrong - I think that all of System of a Down's music since Toxicity is some of the most annoying crap I've heard in a long time (Steal This Album is flat out awful), and even such, the first two albums weren't great either (IMO).

But people seem to have this strange misconceptions about their message. They don't write random lyrics. Most of lyrics tend to be politically charged, but some deal with other issues. Either way, songs like Cigaro (an allusion to multiple issues, including countries vieing to prove that they're the most powerful via military and financial power) and Chik'n Stu (an attack on the manipulative powers of corporate advertising in our everyday lives) aren't just silly rants. Unfortunately, the casual musically inept yet musically voracious masses fail to look past the celophane-deep surface of the songs.

Sorry if I sound rude, but come on. It's not that difficult to figure out.

[QUOTE=Jakehammaren]I think that nearly everyone is missing the point of SOAD's lyrics - thus showcasing the problem with the band's leap into the hyper-mainstream.

Now don't get me wrong - I think that all of System of a Down's music since Toxicity is some of the most annoying crap I've heard in a long time (Steal This Album is flat out awful), and even such, the first two albums weren't great either (IMO).

But people seem to have this strange misconceptions about their message. They don't write random lyrics. Most of lyrics tend to be politically charged, but some deal with other issues. Either way, songs like Cigaro (an allusion to multiple issues, including countries vieing to prove that they're the most powerful via military and financial power) and Chik'n Stu (an attack on the manipulative powers of corporate advertising in our everyday lives) aren't just silly rants. Unfortunately, the casual musically inept yet musically voracious masses fail to look past the celophane-deep surface of the songs.

Sorry if I sound rude, but come on. It's not that difficult to figure out.[/QUOTE]

dude thats, like, exactly what I just said above <_<

Anyway, why on Earth do some of you guys like music when you don't even understand it? If I heard a song and couldn't tell what the hell they were talking about I wouldn't like it!

I think it random beacause they contridict themselves often. They almost never have one view of something and they always make fun of the victim. Case and point soldier side their sad 1 second then like screw the soldiers the next. So they are random. anyway if you listen to their music to hear their view of politics and not to have wacky fun you are a very boting person in my oppinion. Thats like listening to gold digger and being pissed about how it steryotypes black women ita just good dirty fun.

Metallica is sad beacause fade 2 black exist and ticals got you there he does say that alot of times.

Lol, obviously most of you don't look at song meanings. One line doesn't make a song random, now does it?

Mr. Jack is a song about police brutality. The whole beginning is about a person named Mr. Jack. He represents society. The whole beginning is about the government's need to know everything about everybody. Then "7 a.m. in the morning, came to take us away Little men, big guns, pointing at your heads" represents police brutality and how they overreact to the smallest thing. The next part represents the same thing as "7 a.m. in the morning, came to take us away Little men, big guns, pointing at your heads" but it just puts it in more understandable terms. Then the "**** you Pig!" part relates to Charles Manson. To Charles Manson, pigs represented cops, government officials, famous people, just about anyone who was going to die in Helter Skelter (which was everyone except his Family) so "**** you Pig!" just represents revolting against the police and government.

Alot of people take System of a Down as a band with loads of random lyrics.

Solder side is obviously a play on words; Solder, suicide. It talks about people being brought up only to die. It highlights the pointlessness of war and fighting.

But back to the very point of this thread, saying that Mr. Jack is the best song ever. Well, I disagree. It's by far SOAD's worst and probably most unproffesionally done song but meh.

Finally, to clarify things, I myself do not agree with many of SOAD's lyrics. Chop Suey is good because it's fun song and it was meant to be the song that describes the band as a whole.