OtakuBoards

Raising Children

Queen Asuka

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]

Well, I hate rap of today. All it's about is sex. Can't they come up with something better than that to sing about? Oh wait, they DON'T sing, oh well. Well rock can be so mainstream, too....I just hate RAP. No offense to you, though. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm a diehard fan of rock and I agree with you completely. Rap sucks. I mean all it is, is gay electronic beats that most of them don't even make up themselves and talking about sex, and slapping that ho or shooting that b***. I see no talent there.

And when I have kids, I'm not forcing opinions on them or anything. I'm going to do what all parents should do. Let my children form their own opinions on things, instead of forcing things on them. And also another thing I'm gonna' do that alot of parents usually don't is always tell my kids the truth even though it may not be what they want to hear, because alot of parents sugar coat stuff, and lie to their kids about things.

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ5 Vegeta [/i]
[B]

I'm a diehard fan of rock and I agree with you completely. Rap sucks. I mean all it is, is gay electronic beats that most of them don't even make up themselves and talking about sex, and slapping that ho or shooting that b***. I see no talent there. [/B][/QUOTE]

Eh hem...what about Nelly - Number 1...I believe there just might be some non-"electronic beats" in that song :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

Eh hem...what about Nelly - Number 1...I believe there just might be some non-"electronic beats" in that song :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]:wow: Yousa back! And thank you for defending rap! *hug*

Please don't let this turn into a music-bashing thread...[/color]

[COLOR=darkblue]Whooo! Congratulations! :D

If I have a child...particualrly with the person I love, We'd make sure they grow up happy...but give them a good amount of dicipline. But as I've seen...the child's attitude and persona is based on the parent's.

So our children would be really sensitive, quiet...but very loud at times, kind, with a short temper. And a bunch of other personality traits from the mommy.

Concerning the health of our kids...Heart disease, cancer, diabetes, hypertension, social anxiety and these strange cysts that grow in girls from the mother's side of the family.

But, they'll all be really tall...intelligent and, in an aesthetic viewpoint, handsome and beautiful.[/COLOR]

If I had a child I'd teach them one important thing - listen to idiots before you put their ideas down. you have more to back your argument

PS I do not mean to infer that they should consider everyone an idiot, or should be prejudiced, i was talking about 'known idiots'.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]So our children would be really sensitive, quiet...but very loud at times, kind, with a short temper. And a bunch of other personality traits from the mommy.

Concerning the health of our kids...Heart disease, cancer, diabetes, hypertension, social anxiety and these strange cysts that grow in girls from the mother's side of the family.

But, they'll all be really tall...intelligent and, in an aesthetic viewpoint, handsome and beautiful.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]You have your kids all planned out! What if they don't turn out the way you think :confused:

Hehe...I don't have my kids planned out at all. I'm not even thinking about marriage right now, much less thinking about children...! Mesa no like kids...though I know that I will when they're mine :love:.

I dunno...I'm sure they'll aquire my traits because I'm raising them...but I want to marry a light hearted, humorous guy who can counter balance my cynicism...:wave:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

what cynicism [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]If you knew me in person, you would know my cynicism. I tend to be more crazy than anything...but my mood can quickly change to being angry at the cost of making fun of others...I'm often said to be funny when I'm mad, because I make cynical jokes about whatever it is I'm mad about...if that makes sense ;)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]Whooo! Congratulations! :D

If I have a child...particualrly with the person I love, We'd make sure they grow up happy...but give them a good amount of dicipline. But as I've seen...the child's attitude and persona is based on the parent's.

So our children would be really sensitive, quiet...but very loud at times, kind, with a short temper. And a bunch of other personality traits from the mommy.

But, they'll all be really tall...intelligent and, in an aesthetic viewpoint, handsome and beautiful.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=blue] what a plan Rico. I don't plan to have kid before 30, I want to enjoy my life first. I don't have any idea how my kid will turn out, I just have to wait and see [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I want my daughter to grow up to be respectable, good at school work, and be good at games to offer a challenge to her old man :)

yes, its official, my kid is going to be a baby girl, I'm so happy :) [/B][/QUOTE]
ohhhh, how.... adorable... there's nothing cuter than little girls... you're gonna be so whipped, man.

i don't see myself as really being a mother figure. more like a friend. my parents were strict disciplinarians & that did not work at all on me or my bros... just made us resentful. i personally would never lay a hand on my kids. i don't believe in corporal punishment. if my partner ever hit my kids [I]for any reason [/I] they'd be outta there, no questions asked.

reading is very important... i'll read to my kids as long as they'll let me... family reading time is one of my favorite childhood memories. i'll have books on every topic imaginable so they can have a broad range of beliefs to choose from. i want my kids to be well-informed, not sheltered.

also, like transtic said, i want them to be open-minded. that's the most important thing to me. or shall i say fair-minded. i will accept whatever beliefs they choose to embrace w/out patronizing them. this is the one thing i missed most as a child, & not having it really screwed w/ me.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I want my daughter to grow up to be respectable, good at school work, and be good at games to offer a challenge to her old man :)

yes, its official, my kid is going to be a baby girl, I'm so happy :) [/B][/QUOTE]

You are gonna name her Kris right!?!? lol!

I forgot the name you wanted for a girl.. i rememebr Tareq... but that was all lol...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like kids all that much myself... which is why I want to adopt a child who is older... like... older... i dunno yet....

I'm not planning to have kids until after college, and marriage...so I'll be around my mid 20's...about my plan...it's a good plan that may work...but if my kids dont turn out the way I pictured it...then, well...I'll just use my best judgement when the time comes...which won't happen in a long, long while.