OtakuBoards

Strange nicknames given and received and how did you get them

ChibiHorsewoman

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Well, let's see. The only friend I have that I give nicknames to is Megan, and I call her:

Egman - Because I spelt her name wrong and it made me laugh.

Eggy/Eggo - The 'eg' part of her name.

Shabamba Giroodle - She's tall like a giraffe, and her hair gets poofy like a poodle, so giraffe + poodle = giroodle. No idea about the Shabamba part.
Later she dyed her hair a bright colour, so then she was an Exotic Shabamba Giroodle.

Meggly, Meggerz, etc.

And yes, she does get angry at me for this.

Names that have been given to me:

Well, I had a History teacher that called me Spain. Because my name's Shain, and... yeah.

One of my friend's little sisters called me Treehead for a while. I have no idea why. Little kids are weird.

Oh, I also have a friend named Nina, who I call Neener. But I don't think I'm the only one that calls her that.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in kindergarden the other kids called me That Crazy Kid. In first grade to fifth grade, the title evolved into That Crazy Kid That Talks To Trees. I don't have a nickname now, but my teacher does call me Orange Arm because I broke my growth plate and had to get a cast. When I chose the color, I decided on orange. Yeah...real creative, teach.:animesigh

[FONT="Tahoma"]I haven't really had much in the way of nicknames at all. Only two that I can think of right now. The first being Ditzy since my friends in highschool were kind of making fun of how I'm just about always in a good mood. ^_^ The other, was Sassy. Not sure on that one since the guy who gave me the nickname, never explained it. XP Oh I suppose Rina counts since my Mom was always abbreviating my name and calling me that instead of Sabrina. :catgirl:[/FONT]

Ok, my last name is Wetmore...So I had a teacher in high school and a guy from my tech school that called me Dry Less, *** well as another teacher in high school that called me Mas Agua. Now the Training NCO in my shop calls me Scooter, and I have no idea why...lol!

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Well, a lot of you all here on the OB know what my name is, but I have a couple of weird nicknames.

[B]Ti-Tonka[/B] is one. It all started out in English class in my Sophmore year of High School, where we were reading this story about some Indian with a weird name that sounded like my real one. And then, you know, my friends thought it was so cool to mix that up and then give me this nickname, Ti-Tonka. I've moved once since then, but I remember everyone in that school calling me by that name and not even my real one anymore.

Even when I talk to some of my old friends now, they still call me that, haha.

I have some other ones, like [B]The Big T[/B] or one of my Japanese friends calls me [B]Loli[/B] or [B]Lolita[/B].

I think it's so cute when he calls me that, but for some reason, it also makes me very angry...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Ad - For those too lazy to say 'Adam', it also works because I worked in advertising and love to hype things

Adamie - My mom's nickname for me

Bossman - SomeGuy is responsible for this one :). Ironically it's a nickname I'd NEVER volunteer, I just don't like the sound of 'boss', I dislike calling people my boss and I dislike being thought of as a boss

[color=royalblue][size=1]

[b]Mr. Dance-A-Lot[/b] was bestowed upon me by a classmate who still calls me that to this day due to my ability to dance, and my enjoyment of the activity.

[b]Karate Choppin'/Kung Fu Mike[/b] was given to me by several people, either Kung Fu or Karate Choppin' followed by my name. Comes from my martial arts skills and my ability to fight I guess. I think it's funny.

[b]Mikey[/b] comes from my family, to distinguish me from my father, also named Michael/Mike.

[b]Mk Zen[/b] my Hip Hop name, used for B-boying, graffiti, and rapping. Half-self established, however, other people still call me it, even when I'm not doing one of the previous activities, so its a nickname I guess.

[b]White Chocolate[/b], a name given to me back when I played basketball, it just kinda stuck.

[b]Affleck[/b], or Ben Affleck, as Dragon Warrior used to call me due to my unobvious resemblance to the actor. We used to be somewhat of a writing team, referring to one another as "Damon and Affleck" of the OBs, in reference to the two actors writing "Good Will Hunting" back in the day.[/color][/size]

My first few nicknames were given to me by a neighbor or good friend like for example:

[B]Joe-Bag-o'-Doughnuts:[/B] well this started a long time ago, it canme from my neighbors and it was because every time I came over ( which was like everyday) They always seemed to have some doughnuts! So as expected I grabbed a plate, napkin, and a doughnut ad just started eating, also whenever they have leftovers, they would be courteous and bring the rest to my house!

[B]Monkey:[/B] Well most of my life was combined of eating, sleeping, running, and climbing. so people just assumed I WAS a monkey therefor called me it.

[B]Stupid:[/B] ok this one is courteous to Aceburner, it pretty much explains itself.

[I][U][B]~GIVEN~[/B][/U][/I]

Now I hardley ever give nicknames, but One that I have given was

[B]Trail-mix[/B] I never found a good reason why I called my friends this just he seemed like my side-kick and that seemed like the name a side-kick would have, so hence forth I called him trail-mix.