OtakuBoards

Strange nicknames given and received and how did you get them

ChibiHorsewoman

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]my friends gave me some weirs nicknames like:
Emo & Gothic Loving Kitty- because i hav a kitty cat hoodie from hot topic :catgirl:
Geeky emo- cuz i look like an extremly dorky emo during the skool year :glasses:
the tiny twiggy vamp- cuz i'm really short and skinny and i love vamp :alcohol:
idiot- cuz im the stupidist kid in my accelerated calles :drool: [/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#9933ff][font=forte][size=3]Heh more nicknames? These aren't in order. But I'll tell you which ones are mine and which ones belong to other people. Along with reasons why.

John John- We used to call my brother that because 1.) That's his name and 2.) it helped to separate him from my dad who is also named John.

Gan- My cousin Erin was bored on Christmas Eve and decided that everyone should be called by the last part of their first name. I became Gan since my first name is Megan

Chibi HOrsewoman- Did I explain this? Well Let me do so now. Chibi as most Otakus know is Japanese for short or small. HOrsewoman is a woman who rides horses. I'm short- well not that short I'm actually five feet five inches which is average height for an American Woman. Anyway- I liked the name and it stuck. So my yahoo IM handle, my screen name here and on a now defunct message board is Chibi HOrsewoman

Cheebs: This name is not to be used anymore- my ex husband called me that and I told him that now he can't use it so please no one else use that either. Cheebs has only been added for archive purposes only

Megabug- No clue how I got this one. But the grill cook at a cafeteria I worked at used to sing Good ole rocky top Good ole Megabug. It stuck

Chuckie the Duckie: I have a friend named Charles and I was asking if he had any nick names and he was like no So I said so no Chuckie the Duckie? And he's like definately not! So I refer to him as Chuckie the Duckie sometimes just to be funny.

Mike the Dyke: Well, it rhymed- he wasn't gay. But he called one of my friends Iris the Virus and called me Nutmeg. So in the spirit of seasonal employment and constant insults in different languages I decided to call him Milke the Dyke.

Na: This is what I call my friend Tina because I got bored and started calling people by the last part of their first name

Ily: From my friend Emily's name

Crabby Abby: I call my daughter this when she's starting to throw a temper tantrum. Well, her full name is Abigail and it just sounds funny.

Blabby Abby: Another nickname I refer to my daughter as. Because well, she is blabby.

Abby: My daughter's full name is Abigail- well, figure it out yourself

Stinkin' Lincoln: I tried really hard to get my friend's oldest daughter to call my ex this- the closest she came at the time (This was in TX in 2003) was Stinky.[/color][/font][/size]

[SIZE=1]My username is actually a combination of two nicknames; my old-school handle was belldandy3, which shortens to Bell, and an old friend of mine gave me the nickname of Pickle for no particular reason during an AIM conversation. Since the username Bell is usually already taken on most websites, I now use bellpickle, which is obviously less common.

Another old friend of mine sometimes called me Beru, the katakana version of Bell. XD

My family nickname is Lenny, which was given to me by my grandmother, who apparently didn't like my actual given name. (I swear, it's almost a Filipino tradition to give at least one of your kids a family nickname. Heck, an uncle of mine has multiple nicknames.)

As for nicknames I've given out to others, I call a friend of mine Nee-chan. I began calling her by that name to annoy her, and it eventually caught on.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Usually my nicknames go as far as Sam (short for Samantha) but one fateful day...something INCREDIBLY embarrassing happened. You may want to skip this if you have a heart condition (I'm such a dork).

One day, while walking to my religion class, I noticed a sudden draft coming from behind. I didn't think anything it; it was fall and there was usually a breeze around this time. So I quietly walked into the classroom and sat down, taking off my backpack and settling in to my desk, when all of a sudden one girl said to me, "Dude, did you just realize your skirt hiked up and we could all see your [i]butt cheeks[/i]?"

I was mortified; I had just unintentionally mooned a bunch of people! And this girl wouldn't let me forget it; she called me [b]cheeks[/b] for the rest of the year.

And this is why I don't give nicknames to people! *bows*
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]I've had a couple. Lets' see...

LITTLE MIKEY:This was given to me buy a few high school kids when I was, what eleven twelve years old. I hung out with them for a bit, and got this name from one of the girls there.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Black]MIKEY: I hate being called that. Don't even think about the "Hey Mikey, he likes it!" gag. I DISPISE that.
[COLOR=Blue]MIKE: That's my name. Don't wear it out.[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]MONTY MIKE:[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue] Becasue of my love of Monty Python. "What do you mean, ughhh? I don't like Spam!"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]BRUCE: A old teacher of mine and I liked Monty Python, and there is this scetch were everyone is named Bruce. "'Allo, Bruce!" "Hello, Bruce! This is Bruce!" Silly things.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Green]THE TRAVELING KNIGHT:[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]This was from freind of mine after she heard a stood up for a girl at my dorm who's boyfreind was being a jerk.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Orange]GOKU: [/COLOR][COLOR=Blue]I cosplayed as him a few times. When I do, I act in character sometimes.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]SAMURAI: [/COLOR]A[COLOR=Blue] girl at school called me this. It's because once on capmus I was practising one of my katas. I'm flattered to have been called this, though.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]GOD OF DEATH:[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]:) I got this name on the dodgeball team at school. After a winning game, eveyone was doing the victory thing, you know "WHOO-HAH!" "Hell yeah!" I thought "When in Rome.." and shouted out "The God Of Death is back again!!" It kind of stuck.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2
[/COLOR]

[color=green][font=Comic Sans MS]Ha! I've been given some pretty stange nicknames, strange as in they have no connection to my real name (Alex).

[b]Aly-Cat[/b]- My dad gave me this name when I was little.

[b]Ari-chan[/b]- Gained this one in high school from my anime friends.

[b]Dr. P[/b]- I've always been good at science; my 8th grade science teacher gave me this one, since my last name starts with P.

[b]Space Cadet[/b]- I have such a bad habit of day dreaming and zoning out that my brothers started calling me this.

[b]O-chibi-san[/b]- My friend in my college anime club started calling me this 'cause since I'm short and I act like Ed from FMA.

[b]Bob[/b]- By far one of my strangest nicknames. One of my friends started calling me this because my real name reminded her of her little sister's bratty friend, also named Alex, so she just started calling me Bob.[/font][/color]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]Well, I was once called Mr. Schwartzenegger (SP?) because I once spent two whole weeks talking in nothing but cliches. You should have heard the conversations I had with friends and teachers...

Teacher: Did you do your homework?

Me: You better shove it 'fore my homework does you, punk. (Clint Eastwood voice)

Teacher: Don't talk to me like unless you want an after school (Detention)

Me: Heh, well I guess what they say is true; one in the bank is worth two in the bush, a rolling stone gathers no moss, to many cooks spoil the broth... I'm done with you.

For the record, I only used 'I'll be back!' 4 times, one of which was online so it doesn't really count.

[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I don't have very many..

People do shorten my name to Lexa because they're lazy though and can't put the A in front..

Twinster/Twinface - by my online 'twin' and by my 'real' twin Jon *laughs*

Ochibi-chan - by SomeGuy from myO because it means little one, and I'll always be a little one to him XD[/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest Sango-chan_13
Um..... :D
i got Pickles:Because i wear a lot of green
Shanaenae:I have no idea why....i've had this nickname since the third grade....

[color=red]This seems fun... hmmm...

[b]Nicknames given to me:[/b]
[i]Unebriwen[/i] ~ basically my name translated in the ageofthering.com name translator (the elvish bit, that is)
[i]Uney[/i] ~ Unebriwen shortened
[i]Pan[/i] ~ Well, when I was in my early high school years, I actually had a 'clan' called the ssjelite (super saiyajin elite), heh.. and I was the leader, Pan... we all took on DB/Z/GT names at the time.
[i]Shinjitsu[/i] ~ meh, my name in Japanese (yup, my name is Verity = Truth = Shinjitsu).
[i]Pumpkin/Button nose[/i] ~ Apparently my nose is just 'cute', and like, my friends are weird (no, it's not huge like a pumpkin... long story)

[b]Nicknames given by me:[/b]
[i]Lala-Chan[/i] ~ my lil sis was feeling left out because she didn't have a name that could directly be translated into Japanese... also a long story
[i]Katsumi-Chan[/i] ~ lol, my name for my lil sis again (sorry Laura ;) )
[i]Man-skin[/i] ~ ah, my older sis, who's nickname is 'Manaskin'... well, to cut a long story short someone mis-read it as manskin... like... yeah...

...and that's all I can remember for now.[/color]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkOrchid]I could never understand why people give nicknames that are longer than the persons normal name.

[B]Nicknames given to me:[/B]

[B][I]Charmander[/I]: [/B] I got this one when Pokemon was new/popular back in '98, but it recently came back and now people call me Charmander again.

[B][I]Char-Charlene[/I]:[/B] Some guy in my keyboards class said my name sounds like a Pokemon, so now that's how he says it by repeating the first sylable a couple of times. (Jeez what's up with people and Pokemon?! Now I feel like playing the card game)

[B][I]Charleney[/I]: [/B] I got this one in grade 6 or something, and again people started to call me it.

[B][I]Char[/I]: [/B] I guess my name is long, so people like to shorten it to just 'Char.'

[B][I]Charles[/I]: [/B] My mom calls me this. It's pronounced more like 'Sharls.'

[B][I]Chaly[/I]: [/B] My dad calls me this. He has an accent so he drops off the 'r.'

[B]Now the Nicknames I gave to people:[/B]

[B][I]Pervert[/I]: [/B] Well, my brother and I decided to call my friend's bf pervert, because he kept touching her! And she was sick too. So hah!

[B][I]Boy[/I]:[/B] I used to call my brother this because he was the only boy, but then he hit me a couple of times so I stopped.

[B][I]Ashy[/I]: [/B] Since everyone gave me a nickname, I decided that Ashy would be perfect for my friend.

I think that's all for now.[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Metal Dragon
For some reason during middle school my friends were calling me Smokey the bear.... they said it's because one day I wore a hat just like his.

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Plum]Nicknames...alright for me...my orginal name by the way is Guinevere...

Gwen: Short for Guinevere

Gwennie: A childhood nickname which I'm not found of cause it was always said to me in a winny voice by other children

Lily: Alright, I'm not sure why I got it but when I was young I was beside a boquet(sp?) of Lilies in the flower store and a friend of my mothers saw me next to them and said I resembled them...so I got the nickname Lily and now just my family calls me that. Just a note my hair was that really light blonde hair little kids have...but its darker now...

I know the last one is odd...but...anyways odd nicknames always stick don't they?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]There's a whole slew of bizaare names that people call me, some I like and some that are just plain annoying. My name is rather childish as it is--Kimmi, for those curious. I get all the usual: Kim, Kimbo, Kimilu, and my Pop-pop's favorite of Kimothy.

Story behind the last one. One of my cousins is named Timothy, and we were very close when we were kids. He was Timmy, I was Kimmi. My Pop-pop, being 'not too swift' eventually combined the names as Kimothy. We're both called that.

A very weird one I've had is Kiwi. It was a random thing my best friend in middle school called me one day, and it kinda stuck. It sounds a little like Kimmi, ne?

Another one my middle school buddy calls me is Yuki. It all stems back to the airing of the trashed 'Cardcaptors' on the WB, and my friend's subsequent buying of the Manga. I really liked Yuki, she really liked Toya. The scary part was that we were just like the fictitious friends, minus the homosexual overtones. We always knew where the other one was at all times.

Recently, one of my friends IRL called me 'Busty La Rue', a rather punny name, considering that I think he's quoting something and the name is completely the opposite of my physical...phenotype? Bluntly, there's nothing 'busty' about me, so its a little funny.

And, finally, a name that has been with me since my sophomore year is actually a dubious title. I am the Weapon of Mass Annoyance, favored weapon of the Taskmaster and the perfect tool used for protecting the future President.

To make a long story short, there is a guy at school who insists that he will be President one day, and already has found his running partner and a whole slew of bodyguards. The Taskmaster is among them. As I am a tool of the Taskmaster, I am indirectly under the future President's disposal. I am there to harrass the living **** out of those he hates, and make them want to kill themselves.

:animesmil It certainly spares everyone involved from getting blood on their hands, right? [/SIZE]

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

[B]Sleepy Mike:[/B] named for my perpetual tired demeanor, I gained this nickname for my famous ability to fall asleep in the middle of class at any time.

[B]Brother:[/B] my best friend and I have a running joke which has roots in Dragon Ball Z when Vegeta in possibly his creepiest moment ever, explained his relationship to Gohan. "We're practically brothers..." *creepy smile*

[B]Mikey:[/B] my family's nickname for me, since my Dad's name is Mike aswell.

[B]Rooster:[/B] my mom's name for me, since I have dark red hair.

[B]Dumbass:[/B] my dad's name for me, since I happen to be a dumbass.

[B]Baby:[/B] that what my lady calls me.

---------------------

As for my friends...

[B]The Prince[/B] of All Minorities: my formerly mentioned best friend who is half mexican/ half italian with an immense hatred for stupid cracka's.

[B]Cube:[/B] friend who has an obsession with his trusty old Gamecube.

[B]Winstead Himself:[/B] stoner friend with an obsession with HIM and CKY.

[B]Earz:[/B] redneck buddy who is the holder of the largest ears on Earth.

[B]The Goat:[/B] another redneck friend. Long story.

[B]Emayche:[/B] rapper friends MC name. Play on initials.

[B]Darkness:[/B] friend who has an incredibly dark complexion. From the Dave Chappelle Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Story.

[B]Bad Baby:[/B] nickname for a slightly overweight friend who has a child-like face.

Thats about it.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed] names given to me:
Gordon Freeman: they say im a physist trapped in a high school student's body, i'm very quiet and introverted, we[my friends and i] took an impromptu weapons test, and i ended up with the crowbar, and they notice the only fps i play is HLII

Leon Fury: my name in the OB, but i got the name, cause they[friends] took my first name and put it with the best emotion i exhibit is fury. they though it suited me well, so they now call me....

Dr. Fury: they took my love of physics and infused my *last name* with it.

The Furiated Machine: i got this one from my friend[and gf at the time] vicky, because i lose it pretty easliy, and i study or perform[not on stage though] nonstop with very few errors, some bits of the *machine* came from my case of insomnia, and attention defict disorder, i never sleep and if i obtain a new goal, i work on that ASAP, then move onto the goal i was working on.

more later.

thank you for your time.
[/COLOR]

Hmm, my friends only stuck with a few for me.

Shwa': This is the one I use the most on MySpace or just anywhere. I got it when a co-worker and friend of mine could pronouce the french name for Francis and so they shortened ot to Shwa'. I thought it was catchy and stuck with it for 2 years ^.^

Diego: Spanish Class Sophmore Year, good times

Mech: Use to be my name at the arcade I worked at years ago. I would be the only one who was able to fix the DDR/ITG pads and became its mechanic, hence the name you see.

Nicknames given to me:
Toast: Freshman year when my friends and I started tennis, I was the worst, so we always said that when I stepped on the courts I was 'toast.' (haha-get it?)

Tosti Bunz: An evolution of toast, because I became the best tennis player in our group, I could no longer be called toast. Also, I make fun of manga-ka with ridiculous names, so my friends say that if I ever become a manga-ka, this will be my pen name.

Shayne: My "If I were a guy" name...Aother friend thing...

Yukina: My MUD/Japanese name.

Stella: My latin name. Apparently my latin teacher didn't like the names I wanted (they were latinized Japanese names) so she gave me this.

Yvette: My french name. I actually got to pick this one, though. ^_^

Kiwi: My MUD fruit group name.

Nicknames I've given:
I'm sure there are a lot, but the only one I remember is:
Posie: My friend's name is Rose, and she hates being called Rosie Posie, so one of my other friends called her Rosie, and I called her Posie. (clever way of getting around that 'no rosie posie' thing)

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Slategray]
The names I have are from buddies, siblings, and uh yeah you can't forget the grandparents.

From the pals:
[B]TNT[/B]= It's literally my intials except for the N, which stands for Nerd.
[B]Black[/B] = I guess it had do with my natural hair color and black shirts. [shrugs] Most of my friends were blond haired and blue-eyed in junior high.
[B]Scrawn[/B]= From my buddy Matthew. It's funny how I got this name, it goes back during grade school when we were learning new vocabulary. One of the words on the list as 'Scrawny', when Matthew learned its meaning he started calling me that because of my scrawny figure, back then.
[B]T.B.[/B]= This one is embrassing. I got it from grade school, again by several bullies in the 2nd grade. It means Taco Bell. They rhymed my name with it. It went like this: "Terrell, Terrell, Taco Bell!" After that, to my dismay the name stuck.

From the Family:
[B]Corral[/B]= A title I got from my grandpa, he was experiencing the beginning of hearing lost when I was born. When my dad told him my name was going to be 'Terrell' he thought my dad said 'Corral' and it stuck since then with my gramps.
[B]Relli[/B]= I hate that name! I accquired it through my older sister. It sounds like a girl's name.
[B]Rusty[/B]= I have no idea how I got that name.
[B]Yeii-stoh[/B]= means 'monster' in Navajo. A nickname I proudly won from terrorizing my younger sibling and younger cousins.

As for the name [B]Shadow Blade[/B], it's not a nick name, just some title I came across.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I don't have that many.

I have DAE [Pronounced Day].
Because my name is David Adam Evers. Therefore the DAE. Most of my nickname go in that direction.

There is Daekidas [Dae-kai-das].
I go this one from Japanese. There is a word that has the same silables and there fore the Daekidas.

I have one more. Which isn't a real 'nickname' It is my name in Japanese. I am not sure how to spell it in english. But it would be 'Dae-ee-vee-do'.

Hm, used to have a lot but here are the ones that have survived til today.

1 - Dizzy - In high school a certain teacher couldn't pronounce my last name right and always ended up sounding like dizzy. Since it was the second syllable to my last name my friend though it would be easier to shorten it and just started calling me dizzy as a joke. It kinda caught on and a bunch of my friends just started calling me dizzy.

2 - Party mix - One of my friends thought this up after i told him my nationalities (chinese, italian, and puerto rican), it pretty much speaks for itself.

3 - Spikey - I have spikey hair...i know, not exciting.

4 - Skippy - This one was invented by one of my girl friends, we play a lot of handball here in new york (it's a fast paced game where you hit a ball against a wall in a fashion where you try to ensure your opponent cannot get to it...sounds weird and you'd have to see it to understand fully but it's rather fun) so during a few of my games she thought it looked like i was dancing while i was playing so she started calling me skippy.

5 - Matt J - My first name plus my middle initial which i use for many things.

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]So many.

[B]Roo/Roo-bug/Stepharoo[/B] - This is my mom. I was like in love with Winne the Pooh when I was little, so she was Kanga and I was Roo. The /es are just variations of Roo.

[B]Sir[/B] - When my friend Katie and I were playing four-square (more like two-square, but bear with me) I was supposed to be serving, and, cause I think I have ADD I was getting distracted. And she goes,"Any day now, SIR!"
Then she got to be called Ace because she was serving, missed, and I said, "Nice one, ACE!"

[B]Sheep[/B] -We were at the homecoming football game. My friends Aaron, Carissa, Katie (Ace!), Tyler and a few others and I were sitting around in the field not watching the game at all. I was sitting there and Aaron looks at me and says, "Steph, you look like a sheep." I was quite upset about it at first, but now I love it.

[B]Bread[/B] - This was two days ago actually. In swimming class (we have to take it to graduate) we had to use kickboards. Yeah, pretty lame I know. I told my friend Kristen that when I was younger and in swimming lessons, we would pretend that we were toasters and the kickboards were toast.And make the "toast" pop out of the water. And she kinda laughed at me. Then we were talking about it again for some reason, and I called her "Toast. And she said,"Well yeah! You are...Bread!"
Our other friend Sarah is Butter.

[B]Twinkie/Twink[/B] -When I was like four years old my dad and cousin John would call me "Twinkie." I particularily liked Twinkies, so I didn't mind too much. Well, it turns out, about 10 years later I find it means "Blonde on the outside with marshmallow fluff on the inside." Meaning, they have been calling me dumb since I was four years old.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Nicknames I have given to friends
Emliy- Mimi-chan....Just because I was too lazy to type her real name =3
Lizveth-Lizvetha....No clue...It's actually longer then her REAL name LOL
Micheal- Metal-kun because he LOVES metal music
Nicole- Ayame-chan because we both <3 Furuba!
Simone- Momiji....No clue

Nicknames given to me
Sammy-This was started back in the second grade & actually managed to stick! =P
CurlyQ- Don't ask.....Rather long story....Curse my curly hair!
Kisa-kun - My friend and I <3 Fruits Baskets! Also I'm most like Kisa from Furuba.
Star-My username for this board & another one.

• 1 year later...