OtakuBoards

Beginning of Ends [M-LVS]

Random

Dred glanced to Kylipso for a minute then gave a light hum as if he were thinking it over. He then looked back to her "It didn't really have a name, or at least one we were aware of. The older ones just called it Utopia. It took me years to figure out what that word meant and why they called the valley that."

Kylipso looked back to him along with all the others. Dred kept quiet til an almost anxious Quincy stepped in "And what was the reason?"

Dred smiled and chuckled "Certainly a curious bunch aren't you." Dred hmmed again to himself "All of us who lived there were orphans. Either we were abandonned or our parents were dead. I was just like any other kid there, no parents and I didn't care or want any. We all looked out for each other there and got by just fine."

Dred went quiet again, as if to build the dramatic pause. He let out a deep sigh "So anyway, the only way we got anything from the outside was through the older ones. The former residents who are now adults would return and bring new kids with them or materials. It was a pretty simple life. It didn't rain often, but thanks to the valleys bowl shape the little rain we did get filterd into the valley through the mountains. They were so steep that getting in was almost impossible unless you were familiar with the underground cave systems. That's why I'm taking us there, the valley mountains formed and umbrella over the valley so the damage would be minimal. There's water and maybe some food if the rasberries and blueberries are still growing by the creek."

Dred stopped talking again and the group let it set at that for the moment. Even though they had stopped talking he could tell they were all still a little curious. They wanted to know more about his home, but they didn't feel like asking him anymore questions. Dreds arms were starting to feel tired from all the walking they had done with Leo. Dred looked up and in the distance saw the mountain crest just on the horizon. They were almost there, now they just had to find the cave and navigate there way through. The mountains still looked like they were intact; they were made of granite after all. This was a good sign, there might still be hope inside.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=purple]At the group walked, Kay came up beside Katie. "You doing all right?" she asked.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Yeah, I'm fine," Katie replied. "How's Leo holding up?"[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"He looks all right to me. I'm certain he'll be fine. Artime would not have saved him just to let him die."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"I... I suppose not."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"You don't believe what I told you, do you?" Kay said to Katie.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"No, I don't," Katie admited. "I'm not saying you're lying or anything, it's just that... well, what you told me is pretty unbelievable. It'd be hard to accept even if I did believe Artime-or any god, for that matter-existed, which I don't.'[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"So you're an atheist?" Kay asked.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Katie nodded. "I am. None of the belief systems out there seem true. I actually find religion facinating as a topic of study, but I've never found a religion whose beliefs actually seem to be the truth about why things are the way they are. And that's not due to a lack of looking, I assure you. As I said, I find religion facinating as a topic of study. I can describe more belief systems then most people know exist. I just haven't found one that seems true."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]What Katie had said was only partially true. She was indeed interested in religion as a topic of study, but she was most certainly not an atheist. She was a follower of Selestiae, but only she and her parents knew it. Atheism was a fiction that Katie had maintained for her entire life. She and her parents, also followers of Selestiae, had concealed their beliefs out of fear of persecution. As a result, everybody who knew her thought that she was an atheist. An atheist who enjoyed studying religion, but still an atheist.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Meanwhile, Dred and Kim were deiscussing the events of the previous day. "I just can't think of anything that would have caused that disaster," Dred said.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Neither can I," Kim replied. "We could see if Katie has any ideas."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Katie?"[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Kim nodded. "If any of us can think of anything, it's Katie. She knows all kinds of stories and legends, most religious in nature. She really knows just about everything there is to know about religion. She loves learning about it, even though she herself is an atheist. She probably knows of a few stories that fit with what happened."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Then let's ask her," Dred replied.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Let's." Kim looked back at Katie, who was speaking with Kim. "Hey, Katie!"[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Katie ran up to Kim. "What is it?"[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Dred and I were just discussing what happened yesterday," Kim told Katie. "I'm wondering if you have any ideas about what happened, if you know of any legends that fit with the destruction that occured."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Katie was silent for a few seconds, after which she said, "I can think of two legends that fit what happened. I'll start with the Cataclysm, which is by far the more well-known of the two."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=purple]"Go ahead," Dred said.[/color]
[color=purple][/color]
[color=purple]Katie nodded.[/color] [color=purple]"According to legend," she bagan, "the Cataclysm will result in the destruction of the world. It comes about as a result of the gods abandoning the world. Different versions of the legend offer different reasons for the gods' abandonment of the world. The most common version is that all the true believers pass into the realm of the gods, leaving only the unfaithful behind. The gods then abandon the the world, which no longer has anyone faithful to them. This abandonment results in ongoing disasters that end in the complete destruction of the world."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"What's the second legend?" Kay asked.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"The legend of the Coming," Katie answered. "It's not a very well-known legend. It plays a central role in the religion of those who follow Selestiae, who according to lore is the goddess of magic, psyche, and the elements. The legend of the Coming says that one day, Selestiae will decend upon the world, bringing with her death and destruction for those who follow any of the other three gods, which are, of course, Nox, Artime, and Ninyata. Selestiae's followers believe that the Coming is the beginning of paridise for the faithful and punishment for everyone else."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]'I suppose that you believe neither," Kim said.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Of course I don't," Katie replied. "You just asked for any legends that sounded like what happened, and I told you about the two I know that sound like what happened."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"I know," Kim said.[/color]

------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Okay, so there you have it. Everyone thinks that Katie's an atheist. And remember, she's maintained that facade her entire life. She's not going to slip up, and none of the others suspect that she's lying.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]As they made their way towards the cave Kylipso was thinking about what Katie had said.

" Do you think that's possible?" Kylipso was thiking out loud not to anyone in paticular.

" Of course not." Katie replied half heartly.

" Well we know you don't think so" Quincy said.

They came to a moutain it and headed towards the east side. The land around seemed slithly barren. Dred and Quincy were in the lead as they carried Leo. Leo was still asleep but had been mumbbling for sometime. But no one could really understand what he was saying.

" Ah, see there it is." Dred indicated with his head. " That's the cave we need to go through to get to the valley."

They made their way into the entrance. It was huge with jagged rockes hanging down and it had a cool breeze flowing through it.

" Are you sure this is the way?" Kay asked looking around.

" Of course" Dred answered. An odd tone in his voice. " Don't you think I know how to get to my own home?" Being retorical he didn't want an answer.

" Yes we do." Kylipso said. " Maybe we should take a few minutes to rest here and eat."

Everyone nodded. Dred and Quincy gently placed Leo on the ground. They ate some of the food they had found in the ruins. Since that was sarce they had to be diligent with it. Until they reached Utopia. Kylipso sat by Leo. They ate in silence. She placed her hand on his forehead. It was slihlty warm. Dred saw the concered look in her face.

" Don't worry as soon ae we get there we will beable to clean and bandage his leg. He'll be fine."

Kylipso smiled and tried not to worry.

" So Dred, How long is it to this valey throught the cave." Katie asked.

" A few hours. About 5 or 6. Depending on how fast we move." Dred replied.

" Well we can't be too slow Leo's leg needs tending too."

Just then Leo said in an dream like state " Who am I?"

"Leo are you ok? It's me Kylipso. And Katie and Kim are here. So are Kay, Dred and Quincy."

Leo's eyes opened and he looked up at all the faces peering down at him.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]ooc: where?d everyone go? anyways only a small one from me.[/COLOR]

ic:Kay sat and ate in silence, her thoughts drifted to all those poor souls who perished in the catastrophic event. A deep sorrow came over her more and more as she thought about it. She would defiantly have to perform a ceremony in their honor when the chance arose for her to be alone. It would take a long time to do so; Kay wondered weather the group would even receive such an amount of time to rest, she would also need to gather a significant amount of items needed. It might be possible, if the place they were going to was unaffected by the current events.

Leo in his condition would defiantly need rest and proper help from someone who new what they were doing. She looked over at Leo and saw Kylipso by his side, she watched as she put her hand on his forehead. Kylipso looked worried, Dred comforted her. It was odd, Kay thought, that events such as these could draw people close together. One of her teachings rang through her head ?Much good can come from an ill event, do not overlook the ways in which forces work??

Her teacher was right in that respect but Kay still couldn?t help doubt it looking about her self. Leo stirred as Kylipso and Dred talked to one another, they had become quite close.

[B]?Who am I?"[/B] Leo said dazed, Kylipso answered him immediately.

[B]"Leo are you ok? It's me Kylipso. And Katie and Kim are here. So are Kay, Dred and Quincy." [/B] Everyone rushed over to Leo?s side and peered down at him. Kay stood a little back. She nudged Quincy and Kim in the side and talked to them so the others were not alarmed.

[B]?Did he just say what I think he said?? [/B] Kim and Quincy nodded to Kay in agreement.

[B]?Defiantly, ??he said who am I??? [/B] Quincy responded. The three immediately became alarmed.

[B]?That?s what I thought he said?[/B] Kim added.

[B]?That isn?t good??[/B]Kay, looked at them and then at Leo. Everyone eagerly waited for Leo?s reply to Kylipso. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[color=gray][i]Artime was up to something. Selestiae knew this. She hadn't actually caught Artime in the act, but she'd sensed one of the other gods doing something. And Artime was the only one who cared enough about the humans to aid them despite Nox's order. Selestiae didn't know what had been done, but Artime was certainly the one who'd done it.[/i][/color]

[i][color=#808080]Selestiae didn't know what Artime was up to, but she wasn't worried. Artime would be unable to do anything major without Nox discovering his actions, and anything he could do without Nox or Ninyata discovering it would not be any threat to her. Selestiae did want to know just what Artime was up to, but she wasn't worried.[/color][/i]

[i][color=#808080]Selestiae did know one thing about whatever Artime had done. Whatever it was, it had happened near where Katie had been. The next time she appeared before Katie, she would see if Katie knew anything. And if Katie's companions were involved, then perhaps Selestiae would put in an appearance before them.[/color][/i]

[color=purple]Katie moved over beside Leo. "Leo? Are you all right, Leo?"[/color]

[color=#800080]Leo didn't seem to be completely aware. "I- who- where-," he muttered.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Are you all right, Leo?" Katie repeated.[/color]

[color=#800080]"He seems delerious," Kay observed. "I don't think his mind's fully recovered. He survived, thanks to Artime, but passing that close to death has to be hard on the mind."[/color]

[color=#800080]"He'll be all right, though, won't he?"[/color]

[color=#800080]"Don't worry about that, Katie," Kay said. "Artime would not save Leo just to let him die a few hours later. Leo will be fine, of that I'm certain."[/color]

[color=#800080]"I wish I shared your certanity," Katie replied. She turned back to Leo. "Come on, Leo. Snap out of it. Please, Leo."[/color]

----------------------------------------------------

OOC: Okay, let's just keep carrying Leo with us and arrive in the valley. This RPG needs to start moving again. We need to get things happening.

Dred motioned for Quincy to take his legs again "Don't worry, we'll be there in just a little while. When we get there we'll have him soak in the springs."

Even as the had only begun to start off again they could already smell fresh air amongst the foul, damp odor of the cavern. The cave suddenly began to illuminate, and as it by some will of magic, the cave around them dissappeared in to a vibrant white light and they were within the high mountain walls of the valley. It was a world untouched from the outside, as if time was standing still. Dred could still see the small huts and store sheds he himself had once built here. Dred motioned of to Quincy "We'll let him soak off in the geo springs."

Dred took them to an area filled with these small, puddle like hot springs. Katie came to him "Why have we brought him here?"

Dred responded "We had almost no medical training or resources here. I don't know how, but soaking in these waters helped excelerate our healing. If not for these springs, I myself would have been dead long ago." He then potionsed to Quincy "Put his legs in slowly."

And the two lowerd him into the water, letting his legs soak. Katie stepped forward again "I'll look after him. You all go and get food and supplies."

They nodded and left Katie to look over Leo. Kylipso, Kim, Kay, and even Quincy seemed almost mezmerized by the valley. The alure it had was very strong. That's why the older ones always came back no matter what. Kylipso then looked to Dred, with a bit of concern a curiousity "Where is everybody else? I thought you said that this place was like an orphanage."

Dred looked to Kay "I'm surprised you haven't said anything yet."

Kay stopped and became aprehensive for a moment "What do you mean?"

Dred elaborated "Focus hard. Con you feel that remnant. That long since gone presense that holds that stomach churning stench."

Kay stopped and closed her eyes. When she opened them again she reacted in disgust, and then with a response of near fear "What happend here?"

Dred turned to face the four straight on "The last time I was here was after I completed my training in my craft. I came back and all that was left of this place was this presense and the smell of death. I never found any bodies, or even any blood. It was like life itself had simply ceased here."

Dred suddenly perked again "The only thing I ever saw here. Or at least I thought I saw, was the man in the red cloak. He permiated the smell. I saw him that one time, and it may have only be a illusion my mind created out of despair, but ever since I've been looking for the man in red. The man with blonde hair and emerald green eyes that seem to burn holes through your soul."

Dred went quiet again as he turned away. He then glanced over his shoulder, his former smile returned "Let's get going, the stream is just up this way."

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]OOC: Ex is back...

[center]= = IC = =[/center]

Katie sat watching Leo soaking in the spring. He had passed out again during the journey through the caves. She glanced out towards the valley, lost in thought.

Suddenly, a sound from her left, where Leo sat in the spring, snapped her back to reality. Leo was gone!

"Leo!" she yelled, almost shooting to her feet. "Leo, where are you?"

"Haha," came a voice from behind her. Katie spun around, and saw Leo crouching on a rock.

"Leo, what are you-you're awake!" she exclaimed as the realizeation hit her.

"Leo? That's my name, Leo?" he asked. "Heh, sounds alright. Could be worse." He turned around, staring around at the beauty of the valley.

"You really don't remember, then?" Katie said, more retorically than an actual question.

"Nope, don't remember a thing about anything." Leo laughed again, the sound sending shivers down Katie's spine. "But you obviously know me...care to tell me?"

Katie watched as Leo jumped down off the rock, and sat down watching her expectantly.

"Well..."

OOC: Takuya, I'll let you take this where you will. You can have some of the characters come in, or whatever else tickles your fancy. I'll PM you regarding some details, kk? Have fun.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=purple][color=purple]Katie watched as the others walked off, leaving her with Leo. She knelt down beside Leo.[i] Why did Artime save you?[/i] she wondered. [i]Whatever the reason, it can't be anything small. Selestiae would not have Come unless the other three gods have withdrawn from the world, which means that Artime is acting against the will of Nox. And though Nox is unlikely to notice something as insignificant as the saving of a single human's life, there's still a chance that he would. Artime would not take even that small a risk without a good reason. So what's he trying to do?[/i][/color][/color]

[color=#800080]Katie began to wonder what Artime's intervention meant for her and Leo. She'd always had feelings for Leo, and she suspected that despite the way he acted, Leo had feelings for her. But the two of them seemed to be on oppisite sides. Artime and Selestiae were firmly opposed, and Katie was a folower of Selestiae. Leo had been saved by Artime, and Artime would not have saved someone who was likely to turn against him. Which meant that Leo would be against Selestiae. Katie wasn't sure what would happen between the two of them, but she knew that she probably wouldn't like it.[/color]

[color=#800080]Katie stood up and turned to look at a nearby cluster of farily large rocks. She could feel something over there, and she quickly realized just what it was. After making sure that Leo was positioned such that his head wouldn't slip below the water, she walked over the rocks. The one waiting behind them was exactly who she'd thought it would be. "My lady Selestiae."[/color]

[color=gray]"I had expected it to be longer before I appeared before you again, Katie," Selestiae said, "but that was not to be. I waited for the first oppotunity to speak with you, and this is that opportunity. And do not worry about your friend in the water overhearing. He is currently unconcious (sp?), and even if he weren't, I am masking our conversation. It is not possible for anyone else to hear us. We are hidden from sight, as well, but I still thought is best for you to come behind these rocks. This way, if any of your companions return before I am done with you,they will not see you suddenly appear. You will simply walk out from behind these rocks and join them. You can simply tell them that you came over here to relieve yourself. There should be no problems. Of course, it's quite unlikely that any of them will return before I am done here, but it never hurts to take precautions. Now, do you have anything to tell me?"[/color]

[color=purple]Katie nodded. "Yes. I didn't actually witness this particular event myself, but Kay, who did witness it, told me what happened. According to her, Leo was dying when Artime saved his life. She also told me that Artime said he was watching over her."[/color]

[color=gray]"Artime intervened in the death of a human? I didn't expect that, even from him. Focusing on individuals is not something he often does. Did Kay give you any idea as to why Artime saved Leo's life?"[/color]

[color=purple]"No, my Goddess. And I have been unable to think of any reasons Artime might have had for his actions."[/color]

[color=gray]"There is certainly a reason. Artime would not have taken such an action without a very good reason. I don't know what he could possibly hope to accomplish, though. I would like to discover his intentions, but even without knowing what he is planning, I am confident that he can be dealt with."[/color]

[color=purple]"That is most certainly true. Also, I have not yet talked to Kim about what may or may not have happened to her. I did hear Kylipso ask Kim about a riple in space, but Kim has not approached me, and I have not yet had a chance to ask her about it. I hope to have the chance soon."[/color]

[color=gray]"Do what you can, but remember not to risk giving yourself away. Also, know that I may be appearing before your entire group soon. When I do, you must be sure to avoid anything that would betray your alleigence. Do what you must to keep them from suspecting you, even if you must fight and kill ones loyal to me."[/color]

[color=purple]"I understand, my Goddess," Katie replied.[/color]

[color=gray]"Good," Selestiae said, and dissapeared.[/color]

[color=purple]Katie returned to her position beside Leo and waited for the others to return. She again found herself wondering about what would happen between her and Leo in the future. A sudden noise brought her out of her thoughts and back to reality, and she saw that Leo had dissapeared."[/color]

[color=#800080]"Leo!" Katie shouted, jumping to her feet. "Leo, where are you?"[/color]

[color=navy][color=purple]Katie heard a noise behind her and spun around to see Leo crouched on a rock. [/color][/color][color=purple]"Leo, what are you-you're awake!" she exclaimed.[/color]

[color=purple]"Leo? That's my name, Leo? Heh, sounds alright. Could be worse." He looked around at the valley.[/color]

[color=purple]"You really don't remember, then?" Katie asked.[/color]

[color=purple]"Nope, don't remember a thing about anything." Leo laughed again. It was a very strange laugh, and it made Katie feel uncomfortable. "But you obviously know me," Leo continued. "Care to tell me?"[/color] [color=purple]He jump[/color][color=purple]ed down from the rock[/color]

[color=purple]Katie nodded, and began to tell Leo everything she knew about him; she told him about his family, his skills, his areas of interest, the way he acted, every significant event in his life, everything she knew.[/color]

[color=#800080]Virtually all of what Katie said was the truth, but there were a few things that she left out or changed. She didn't mention anything about Leo's religious beliefs, for example. Also, though she described his relationships with various people pretty accurately, she did make a few alterations.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Unlike Kim," Katie said to Leo, "you knew Kylipso pretty well, and you didn't like her very much. You always hid this from her, though, and I don't think she knows how you really felt about her. But you told me what you really thought. You almost never agreed with anything she said, and you found that her attitude made you... well, a bit uncomfortable.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Kay, Dred, and Quincy you only met a couple days ago. So did I, for that matter. I really don't know much more about them than you do, and you hadn't known them long enough to develop oppinions about them."[/color]

[color=#800080]"Now, as for you and me, well, I've had feelings for you for quite some time now, and I never really tried to hide it. And I'm prety sure you had feelings for me, though you never admitted it. You acted as though you found me annoying, but it wasn't hard to see through the act. It was clear to me that..."[/color]

[color=#800080]Eventually, Katie finished her overall explinations, and moved into a very in-depth description of the events of the past couple days. She made no mention of Selsetiae or anything relating to her status as one of Selestiae's followers, of course, and she also refrained from mentioning Artime at all. She just said that Leo had a miraculous recovery from his injuries, and if Kay or someone else mentioned Artime's role in saving Leo's life, she'd simply say that she didn't tell Leo because she didn't believe it to be true. But aside from those changes, everything she told him was the truth.[/color]

[color=#800080]"...so I turned around, and there you were on the rock," Katie finished. It was then that she spotted the others returning. As they drew closer, she pointed out each person to Leo, telling him their names.[/color]

[color=#800080]The others eventually noticed that Leo was awake, and they rushed over to him and Katie. Katie found herself wondering just how they would react when they discovered that Leo had lost his memory.[/color]

-------------------------------------------------

OOC: Hope that's good, Ecstacy

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray][B]Ooc: I shall make an attempt at it Takuya, it would help things a lot if Ex was here, *misses ex* I thought Kylipso was a girl? *shrugs* This is just a post on how Kay feels about Leo?s memory loss, I think that for people to regain some interest in this rp something exciting needs to happen plot wise and soon.[/B][/COLOR]

ic:Kay didn?t know that her thoughts were mimicking the very same of Katie, [I]"Why did Artime save you?" [/I] She thought as she walked around the town alone. As for as she could see no one else was around, which felt odd to her. [I]?Artime said he was watching over me, I wonder??[/I] After seeing all she cared to see Kay returned back to where she knew Kate was with Leo.

Upon returning she noticed that Leo was now wide awake and looking a lot better. She rushed over to where they were standing and looked at Katie as she spoke.

[B]?He?s awake, and looking a lot better? [/B] Katie nodded and looked at Leo, something was off but Kay couldn?t quite put her finger on it.

[B]?He is better, physically, but Leo has lost his memory?[/B] Kay?s eyebrows rose in surprise.

[B]?He remembers nothing of the recent events or of his life??[/B] Katie sadly nodded in response.

[B]?That it horrible, have you told him what?s going on??[/B] Kay had quite a worried look in her face.

[B]?I have, every fact.?[/B] Kay nodded as the others arrived and Katie told them all of Leo?s severe memory loss. Everyone reacted differently; some getting visibly up set others, like Kay at that moment were not showing any emotion on the situation. She was pondering in her mind a fact that worried her greatly but she would never discuss with it anyone out of fear. An odd feeling had moved over Kay, the kind of feeling one gets when they are about to get into deep trouble. She was quick to burry the feeling but it kept nagging at the pit of her gut.

[B]?Is there any way for us to help Leo to possibly regain his memory?? [/B] Quincy questioned everyone.

[B]?Perhaps we should talk to him of past events, seeing as Kylipso, Katie and Kim have known Leo much longer than the rest of us, then they will be of the most benefit to him?[/B] Dread added, looking around all that were gathered as he spoke. Everyone was in agreement on that fact. ?[B]But we should also not flood him with to many things at once?[/B]

During this exchange Kay observed Leo?s reactions, she had only known him a few short days but, noticeably his mannerisms had changed. She didn?t know what this meant for sure but it wasn?t good. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]OCC: Kylipso is a girl!

IC: When she saw Leo was awkae Kylipso ran towards him trowing her arms around him and palinting a kiss ao his cheek. She had been so worries about him.

" Oh Leo I'm so glad you're...." She stopped when she noticed the strange look on his face.

"Leo's lost his memory," Kay said sounding in despare.

" I've told him everything" Katie said. Moving towards her friend. " But he doesn't remember anything or any of us."

Thay all sat down and prepared something to eat. And the stream was great to wash off lost of the filth they'd all accumilated over the last few days. It was refreshing. Dred sat in silence. Kylipso watched as he seemed to be in his own world. And Leo was well acting rather odd.
[I]I just hope he gets his memory back soon[/I]

" So what are we all excatly trying to do here?" Leo asked. Breaking the akward silence.

The others looked around at eachother. None of them were quite sure what to say.

" Well I want to find my daughter." Quincy replied.

" I'm looking for tha kst man I saw in this valley long ago." Dred sighed.

" We came here to help fix your leg and get some rest." Kylipso said. " But ya where are we going to go now? What are we going to do?" She asked saying what everyone else was feeling.

Just then they heard a nose. It seemed as though a wind or presence was around. They looked around it was if someone or something was there. But everytime they turned in the direction of whatever it was they felt there was nothing there.

" What was that?" Kylipso said ina whisper.[/COLOR]

Dred rose to his feet as the presense seemed to be swirling around them. If felt almost ominous and threatening, but at the same time, almost familiar. Dred was struck with the thought of it being the man in red, but he couldn't smell the rot, so that theory was out. But then who was it? It was familiar. It then hit him. He looked back to the others [B]"Don't move. I'll be right back."[/B]

With that said Dred jumped out of the circle around there cozy camp fire. As he passed beyond the light of the fire it was like he had passed through a wall. The wind just beyond that point was like the torrent from hell. He felt as if he might be swept away, yet at the same time his long coat was undisturbed. He was spot on, this was all a psychological attack from someone he knew all to well. Dred called into the wind, or rather, this disturbing pressure [B]"Come out already."[/B] Then Dred reached for his back and pulled from his belt a pair of gauntlets. They were black with long horns and claws protruding. They seemed to eminate evil itself [B]"I've had enough of your games."[/B]

The pressure rapidly faded at the command and a black silhouette appeared in the distance. At first it was only a small spec, but it grew larger as the figure drew closer. While it approached, a new, much more frightening, presense accompanied it. Dred held his postion, not flinching to the horrible evil in front of him. The figure seemed to stop only 10 or 15 feet away from Dred and simply gazed at him. The presene from both Dred and the silhouette seemed to resonate with each other in an odd fashion. The figure waved his left hand and both it and the dark presense were gone.

It was at this time that Dred noticed someone elses approach. Whoever it was, was obviously not a threat and seemed much more benevolent. But still it seemed shaken as it approached from behind. It was at this moment that Dred realized that he had not dropped his guard, as he was still permiating his sinister aura. The restocked his gauntlets and turned to the figure behind him. It was Kay. She must have been concerned and decided to leave the relative safety of the light. She had a look of absolute horror on her face [B]"What was that? What happend to you?"[/B]

She asked him with her voice still trembling. Leave it to a priestess to realize it was his aura' Dred thought to himself. Dred ran his thumb along the collar of his coat and smirked [B]"Don't worry. He won't heckle us anymore. I'll deal with him tomorrow."[/B]

He started past her and he could tell she wasn't really satisfied with the little response he had given, but she was too shaken to want to ask anymore of him. He continued on back to the others. He then stopped in between where Kay stood and the rest were still gatherd around the fire [B]"But this doesn't change a thing about our other problem."[/B]

Suddenly the air became thick with the smell of oil, blood, and gun smoke. They had been followed by someone and they had lead a great number of soilders into the valley. What was once there safe haven had become a cage with only one exit.

[COLOR=DarkRed][size=1]OOC: I'm sorry everyone, just been too busy lately. Huge tests this last quarter. Short post at the moment.
----

Quincy watched as Dred and Kay left. Then came back. Quincy stood, seeming anxious to know what happened. Then a thick musty aroma came up into his nostrils. He twitched.

"That smell,,," He said in a hushed tone "Do you smell that...?" He could then hear everyone sniff. Quincy felt like falling to his knees and plead the Gods, but instead he stood tall with courage and pride. "My,,, Just what has become of this day...? One of the longest days I've ever had. Not to mention the worst feeling."

"What's that smell? What do we do?" Asked Leo, a hint of confusion in his voice. He looke around at everyone. Quincy looked back at him, sympathy for Leo struck him and he frowned. He then focused on Dred.

"Do you think we can make it to your little home before they get us...?" He asked. Emphasizing on the word "they", his heart pumping. They had to think fast or else they'd get us. "Or, we can all just stay here, and fight for our lives?"

Quincy then focused on Kay, and then back on Dred. Those two were the oldest among all of them. They're wise, but shouldn't be depended on most of the time. And for that reason, Quincy felt quite bad about letting them make the choices.

"We should go... Or stay. But I recommend running for our lives." Quincy put his hands on his hip. "And we gotta think quick."[/size][/COLOR]

[color=purple]"They're trying to encircle us," Katie said. Everyone looked at her.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"How do you know?" Kay asked.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"I can feel them," Katie explained. "I don't know how. I think it's related to my staff. But no matter where this ability comes from, it's definitely there. I can feel them. They seem to be trying to encircle us, force us to fight. They're being slow and careful. Their plan probably assumed that we wouldn't know they were here until they were in place. As things are now, we still have a way out. We can escape through the caves we used to enter this valley. Our path to the entrance is not blocked, though it will be if we delay."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Then thet's move," Dred said. He led the way back to the caves. He set a swift pace, and the rest of the group kept up with him. They had to move fast. Otherwise, they would be trapped.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Katie was pretty certain that Selestiae was behind all this, but this belief didn't afect Katie's action in any way. Over the years, Katie had become quite skilled at keeping her true beliefs secret. She'd develloped what was effectively a second personality. This outer personality was who she appeared to be. It was the Katie people saw, the Katie everyone new. rBut it was not the real Katie. This 'outer personality' was how Katie was able to go without ever slipping up and revealing anything about her true self. She just acted according to her 'outer personality'.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Before long, the group reached the entrance to the caves and paused. "The enemy has stopped moving," Katie told the group. "Presumably, they've noticed thay we're no longer where we're supposed to be. THey're currently in a 'U' shape, with the open end facing us. It won't take them long to figure out that we fled in this direction. When they do, they'll start chasing after us."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=gray]"Actually, no. Their role is simply to prevent you from escaping."[/color]
[color=#808080][/color]
[color=purple]Everyone spun around to face the newcomer, who turned out to be a woman of seemingly impossible beauty. She had appeared behind the group. As they faced her, their backs were to the cave. They could all feel great power within the woman.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"[i]Tesel cesaek soe[/i]," Katie muttered. It was a phrase in an ancient language she'd become familiar with during her studies of relifgion. The phrase roughly translated to 'The impossible is before me'. "Who or what are you?" Katie said aloud.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=gray]"I think you know that already," the woman replied.[/color]
[color=#808080][/color]
[color=purple]"I know who supposedly takes that form," Katie said, "but she doesn't exist."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=gray]"You are incorrect. I am real. This should be obvious."[/color]
[color=#808080][/color]
[color=purple]"Who is she, Katie?" Quincy asked.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=gray]"I am the goddess Selestiae," the woman replied.[/color]
[color=#808080][/color]
[color=purple]Kay clearly recognized the name. "Selestiae. Goddess of magic, psyche, and the elements. Opponent of Artime. Many consider you to be evil."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=gray]Selestiae laughed. "Evil? There is no such thing as evil. Evil is a human concept. If a person's beliefs are the opposite of yours, then you consider that person to be evil. Evil is simply one of the many methods by which an individual human convinces him or herself that he/she is superior to others. If anything, the human race as a whole is closest to this concept of 'evil'."[/color]
[color=#808080][/color]
[color=purple]"You're wrong," Kay replied. "Humans aren't evil. Sure, there are some bad people, but only a few. The rest of us aren't like those few."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=gray]"Believe what you will. It makes little difference. And I can see that not even I could succeed in convincing you that you're wrong. Your faith in Artime is unshakeable. You continue to believe, despite all that has happened. Such faith is rare, and quite admirable."[/color]
[color=#808080][/color]
[color=#808080]There were shocked reactions on everyone's part. Selestiae just smiled. "Yes, I know this. There is no keeping secrets from me. I can see into your very minds. Leo, the one without his memory. Quincy, the man who is grateful for the death and destruction that has occured, as the deaths of many saved his life. Katie, who is unwilling to admit when she is wrong, even when there is indisputable proof that she is wrong. Yes, I know you. All of you."[/color]
[color=#808080][/color]
[color=purple]There was a pause, after which Kylipso spoke. "What do you want?"[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=gray]"You are such an unusual group. Quite the varied bunch. It's rare to see so much variety in a group of your size, and some of you are unusual in other ways." Selestiae's gaze fell on Kim as she said this, then passed to Katie. "I wanted to see you firsthand."[/color]
[color=#808080][/color]
[color=purple]"So now what?" Kim wondered. "Are you going to kill us?"[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=gray]"Kill you? Where's the fun in that? Killing you would be easy, but it would also be quite boring. No, I've got something more enjoyable in mind."[/color]
[color=#808080][/color]
[color=purple]"And I don't give a shit," Katie replied. "I don't know who you are, or what you are, but you are no goddess." And with that, she drew her staff and ran at Selestiae. Suddenly, she was thrown backwards. She slammed into Kylipso, and both of them fell to the ground. Selestiae had not moved at all, but nobody doubted that she had done it.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=gray]"You can't challenge a goddess," Selestiae said as Katie and Kylipso picked themselves up. "To even think of trying is extremely foolish. Now, where were we? Ah, yes. As I said, I'm not going to kill you. However that does not mean that you'll get out of here alive. You already know that the caves behind you are your only escape from this valley. My soldiers have blocked all other potential routs of escape, and more are closing in on you at this very moment. They will kill you if you are still here when they arrive, and their numbers are too great for you to have any hope of fighting."[/color]
[color=#808080][/color]
[color=#808080]"You only have once choice if you want to make it out of here alive, and that's to enter the caves, But these caves are not as they were when you first passed through them. Dred thinks he knows the route, but he does not. I have changed the layout. Old paths are gone, and new paths have opened. There is only one right path, and none of you know it.[/color]
[color=#808080][/color]
[color=#808080]"Of course, simply changing the route is simply an inconvenience. However, things are not that simple. The caves were safe when you passed through them before. That is no longer the case. My servants now roam throughout the caves. Any you encounter will attack you. So not only do you have to find the way out, you have to survive long enough to do so."[/color]
[color=#808080][/color]
[color=purple]Suddenly, Selestiae was no longer there. "So, what do we do now?" Quincy asked after a few seconds.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"We have no choice," Katie told him. "Selestiae, or whoever that was, was right. The soldiers are closing in on this location, and there are to many for us to fight. Our only choice is to try to make it out of the caves."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Then there's no reason to stand around here," Dred said. He turned and entered the caves, followed by hte rest of the group.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
-----------------------------------------------

OOC: PM me if there's anything wrong with this post, Ecstacy.

Okay, so we're trying to get out of the caves now, but it won't be easy. Selestiae's servants are wandering the caves, and we'll undoubtably encounter a few of them as we try to make it out of the caves. Remember that Katie will not hesitate to attack them. Oh, and as to what exactly these servants are, well, use your imagination. I'll tell you if you screw anything up.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]OOC: Good twists, people...keep 'em comin'! This is a great opportunity for people to re-enter the story, and for things to get a little bit more spiced up. Keep working, and this RP will become something to be proud of.

Leo walked beside Katie, following Dred into the caves. He was still very confused as to all the things that he had encountered since waking up. Most of all was this Selestiae who had appeared. She seemed more familiar than the ones he traveled with, yet even more distant. [i]Confusing.[/i]

"So, we've already walked through these caves, then, right?" he asked Katie.

"Ya, we did," she replied.

"But, now it's totally different," said the girl named Kylipso as she fell into step with them.

[i]Katie said that this is the one that I didn't like. I dunno why. She seems nice enough. Oh well, guess I'll just play along, for now.[/i]

Leo gave a sideways glance at her, then turned back to Katie. "So, what do you think these "servants" are going to look like?"

"Well, I think-" started Kylipso, but she was cut off by Leo's next remark.

"I wasn't talking to you, now, was I? Huh? Was I?" he said. He saw the hurt in her eyes, and fealt a sudden rush of guilt. The next second, it was gone. [i]Damn, I hope Katie told me everything...[/i]

Kylipso fell behind Leo and Katie, tears welling in her eyes. Kim noticed, and went over to confort her.

Meanwhile, Leo and Katie continued their discussion of these "servants," making fun of them. Things like "I bet they're little moles, digging tiny holes for our feet," or "a spider web of death" made them burst into fits of laughter.

"How can you two laugh at a time like this?" asked Dred. "Here we are, lost underneath a mountain, and all you two can do is laugh at our unseen foes."

"I miss the old Leo," wispered Kay to Quincy. He silently agreed with a small nod.

"Well, when they come, I'll cut them all down with my....with this...what is this thingy, anyways?" Leo said as he jumped infront of them, waving his weapon around in the air. Katie laughed at his newfound spunk, but the others looked less impressed.

"Leo, let us handle anything. You still need to recover fully," said Kay, almost motherly.

"But I feel fine," he retored, hurt. From the look on Kay's face, though, his spirit was cut. Not much, but enough. "Really, I feel fine."

"I believe you," whispered Katie into his ear. She grabbed his arm, twisted her own into it, and together they led the others down the winding paths.

A short time later, they came to their first major decision. They had reached a fork.

"Well, which way?" asked Quincy.

Leo glanced down one of the three new paths. It seemed the exact same as the others.

"Well," started Kay, peering into the left one. "this one seemes to go downwards, but we want to go up, right?"

"I dunno," chimed in Kylipso, the first time she had spoken since being cut down by Leo. "It seemed as if the path we were on went slightly upwards."

Dred joined in. "I'm not sure about that, but that's the exact opposite way from the origional trail. The far right one is where I would have taken us, but now, after Selestiae..." he trailed off, thinking.

"This one looks promising," said Kim. "It seemes to have a slight breeze running through it."

"Should we go down that one, then?" asked Leo.

"Let's go," said Katie. She grabbed Leo, yet again, and started to march down the middle path.

Leo heard the others sigh, but none of them complained. It seemed as if they all didn't mind going down this particular trail.

They traveled down the path for a while, and it seemed promising. The party rounded a curve, and nearly walked into a large wall.

"Great," said Kylipso. "A dead end."

"Guess we just need to head 'er back, and try another one," said Quincy.

He turned around and started walking when Leo got a sudden feeling. [i]We're being watched.[/i]

"Quincy, look out!" he shouted, at almost the last second. Quincy half turned, then was slammed into the wall. He was pinned to the wall by an arrow that shot through the air, missing his body by only centimeters.

"Get ready!" shouted Dred, drawing his weapon.

"Seemes that we're going to have our first run-in with these 'servants,'" commented Leo. He glanced around, seeing everyone had already gotten their weapons out. [i]Heh, good think I know what these things are...[/i] he sarcastically thought, looking at the rod. He grabbed it by one hand, flung it to his side, and was shocked by the fact that half of it fell to the ground, revealing two sharp blades.

The others had already ran to face the oncoming enemies, Kay helping Quincy off the wall. He bent down to grab his other weapon. As his hand closed around it, he heard the battle cries of his friends.

He stood, then turned, intent on helping his friends. Suddenly, the dead-end wall burst open, showering Leo, Kay, and Quincy with dust and rocks. They turned around, weapons ready, and were faced with the most frightening thing they had ever seen.

OOC: Illusion, Ninjah, I chose you two to carry this little half of the battle with me for some reason unknown by even myself... just something that came to me when writing. Everyone else, go ahead and post away with your own battle. If me, Illusion, nor Ninjah's posted in a while, go ahead and post whatever you want to happen. 'Till later, Ex out...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray][B]ooc: let us know if you want anything changed Takuya regarding the creatures I made up as warriors of Selestiae.[/B][/COLOR]

ic:[B]?Oh ?m-my?Gods?[/B] Kay stammered as she looked towards the gaping hole in the wall that, just previously, burst and showered them with rocks. Her jaw fell open as if her body had no control over it any more. There standing in the newly created doorway was the single most hideous thing Kay had ever seen. Standing facing Kay, Quincy and Leo was a creature none of them could have ever imagined. It stood hunched, almost 6 feet tall, its eyes glowed a hideous yellowy brown. Large fangs protruded from the upper jaw of the beast, its lower hung in a snarl. It possessed huge claws, hair hung from its body in matted clumps that Kay was sure she saw blood flecked over the beast. It resembled something of a dog but more deformed and gruesome.

[B]?The Devourers of Selestiae? [/B] Kay muttered, Quincy and Leo pried their eyes away from the creatures to look at her. [B]?I shall explain later, be ready, we will not be leaving here without a fight??[/B] She unhooked her Axe from her back and swung it around her and assumed a fighting stance, Quincy and Leo followed her lead and did the same. Kay had only ever heard of The Devourers in hushed whispers, they were nothing but pure myth, until now. They were more terrifying in person than anyone could describe. They stood in the doorway for a few seconds that felt like an eternity, before launching them selves in the air from their powerful legs up and over the three.

Kay counted 5 as they whizzed past, three more took their place and begun to advance on Leo, Quincy and Kay.

[B]?If we fight as a team we will have a better chance?[/B] they both nodded still in a state of both shock and awe at the creatures sudden apperance. The three Devourers launched them self at Leo, he took his bladed rod and swung it in defense. Quincy and Kay both launched into the battle to help defend Leo. Quincy drew his double daggers. One thing was evident; these hounds of Selestiae would not go down easily. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]OOC: Nicely done, Amanda...this should be fun to work with...I just couldn't wait...*giggles like a little school girl*...Ahem...right, on to writing...

Leo stood rooted in place, held by utter terror and shocked awe. The creatures before him were terrifying. Not only in the fact that they oozed fear and malice, but also by the creepish resemblence to himself.

[i]They look almost human, if you look past the claws, hair, face, fangs...maybe not so much now,[/i] he thought to himself. He was slightly aware of Kay muttering.

The one beast who had broken through the wall was peering at Leo. Both were in a check-mate contest of wills, it seemed. Leo was shaken out of his stupor by Kay's next words, "Devourers of Selestiae."

He glanced over at Kay, and noticed that Quincy had done the same. They both must have had perplexed looks on their faces because Kay waved them off, saying she'd explain later.

Leo's gaze fell yet again on the Devourer as he and the others readied their weapons. The Devourer was joined by a few others, not necessarily seen but fealt by the three companions.

Suddenly, after what seemed a life time, the Devourer crouched and jumped. Leo thought it was jumping at him, and nearly fell over in his preperation for the attack. Instead, the beast soared through the air, followed closely by four of it's own companions, to land behind Leo, Kay, and Quincy.

The three followed the five's movements, but where drawn back to the hole by heavy breathing. [i]It seems like we have our own fight.[/i]

Three Devourers had taken the others' places, and were slowly advanging on Leo and his friends. "If we fight as a team, we'll have a better chance," said Kay. Suddenly, they lunged at Leo.

He was taken aback, not fully anticipating the random attack. He swung the two blades towards the three beings, and subconciously he saw Kay and Quincy come to his aid. They seemed to try to stay close to Leo, but the Devourers had other plannes. They seemed to keep Leo's friends busy, leaving Leo with one to contend with himself, by himself.

Having parried the inital attack from the closest Devourer, Leo and his opponent paced in a circle, each waiting for the other to make a move. Leo could hear his two companions struggling with their own mortal combat, but didn't feel worried. They were both competant with their weapons, and could handle themselves.

This wasn't quite true for Leo. He knew he used to know how to use the weapons he held, but now they felt ackward and clumsy in his hands. [i]I'd better learn how to use these, and fast![/i]

After a few tense moments, the Devourer seemed to have lost interest in waiting. It's movements were like lightening strikes, and the force of it's blows, each surprisingly blocked by the Katanas, forced Leo to the ground. Seeing an opportunity to overthrough it's foe, the Devourer jumped into the air, hoping to crush Leo underfoot.

This, however, was a bad mistake. Just as the creature neared the ground, Leo rolled to the side and jabbed one of the Katanas in the beast's general direction. The blade found it's mark, but not the mark Leo had been hoping for.

As he rose to his feet, Leo surveyed his opponent. It was limping around, Leo's Katana jutting through it's right calf.

[i]Not the best, but better than nothing.[/i]

Transferring his other Katana to his left hand, he readied himself for an attack. [i]My turn, bastard.[/i]

Just as he was ready to rush the Devourer, he heard Kay's voice.

"Leo!"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

OOC: No problems, Illusion

I've posted in the Underground thread about how I'm going to diferentiate between Katie's 'shell' personality and her real personality, so be sure to go take a look there, but basically, blue text is Katie's 'shell' personality and purple text is her real self, while the sea-green text is for when the thoughts/actions apply to both personalities.

--------------------------------------------------

[color=#4169e1]After Selestiae dissapeared, the group entered the caves. Katie was visibly shaken by the encounter with Selestiae, and understandably so. She'd been an atheist for her entire life, and now a goddess, or somebody claiming to be one, had apeared before the group. And she'd matched the descriptions and depictions of Selestiae in the texts and images Katie'd studied. She had also exibited mental powers, which Selestiae, being the goddess of the mind, among other things, possessed. And she'd certainly acted like Selestiae would have. But she couldn't actually be Selestiae, could she?[/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]
[color=#4169e1]"You all right?" Kay asked Katie.[/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]
[color=#4169e1]Katie nodded. "I- I'm fine. Just a bit shaken up is all. AI just can't believe that that woman was actually the goddess Selestiae."[/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]
[color=#4169e1]"Why not?" Kay wondered. "You've studied religion, right? Surely you know enough about Selestiae to confirm that it was her."[/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]
[color=#4169e1]"Well, she did fit with everything I know about Selestiae," Katie admitted, "I just... well, I told you I don't believe in any gods or goddesses. They don't exist. That woman may have been very much like Selestiae, but Selestiae doesn't exist. No gods or goddesses do."[/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]
[color=#4169e1]"That's not true," Kay replied. "I think you've seen enough proof of that by now. Selestiae exists, as do Artime, Ninyata, and Nox. I think you realize this by now, but you're not even admitting it to yourself."[/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]
[color=#4169e1]"Whatever," Katie said dismissively.[/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]

[color=#2e8b57]The group walked through the caves "So, we've already walked through these caves, then, right?" Leo asked Katie after a while.

"Yeah, we did," she replied.

"But, now it's totally different," Kylipso put in.[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]Leo faced Katie. "So, what do you think these "servants" are going to look like?" he asked.

It was Kylipso who spoke first. "Well, I think-"[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]Leo cut Kylipso off before she could finish her thought. "I wasn't talking to you, now, was I? Huh? Was I?" he said.[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]Kylipso was visibly hurt by Leo's response, and fell behind him and Katie. Katie moved closer to Leo. "I know I told you that you don't like Kylipso," she whispered to him, "but I also told you that you keep this a secret. You don't let it show, because if you upset Kylipso, you end up upsetting the people you do like."[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]Leo nodded. "Sorry," he whispered back.[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]Katie fell back beside Kylipso, who was being comforted by Kim. "I'm sorry about that," she said to Katie. "I don't think Leo meant anything by that. He's just... well, he's lost his memory. This can't be easy for him."[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]"You don't have to apologize," Kylipso replied. "You didn't do anything."[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]"I know, but I still feel responsable. I mean, I'm the one who told Leo everything after he lost his memory."[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]"That wasn't your fault, Katie," Kylipso repeated. "You did your best. I guess I shouldn't expect too much. I mean, he did lose his memory. This can't be easy for him. No, I'll forgive him."[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]"Good," Katie said. "We may be in for some rough times, and we can't afford to have things like that between us." She went back to Leo, and the two began talking casually, making jokes about Selestiae's servants and things like that.[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]When the group was attacked, Katie and the others drew their various weapons and ran to engage the enemy, with Kay and Quincy staying behind with Leo. They soon came into view of the enemy, and saw that there were only two of them. Katie immediatly recognized the creatures.[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]"What are these things?" Dred wondered.[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]"Devourers of Selestiae," Katie replied. "Real nasty beasts. I'll tell you the details later. Right now, we have a fight on our hands."[/color]
[color=royalblue][/color]
[color=#4169e1]Katie and Dred were at the head of the group, so they were the first to engage the Devourers. Katie faced her opponent and attacked. She'd never been in battle before, but thanks to the magic of her staff, she was fighting like an expert. A staff wasn't exactly the bast weapon, but Katie kept slamming it into the Devourer's head, and eventually the beast went down.[/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]
[color=seagreen]Dred finished up his opponent at about the time Katie was done with hers. "Not too tough," Dred remarked. "I thought you said these things were nasty, Katie."[/color]
[color=seagreen][/color]
[color=seagreen]Katie nodded. "They're supposed to be. These ones went down easier than I expected. Maybe they were weaker ones." She paused, then said, "We've been tricked. I can sense several beings by Leo and the others. I think they broke through the wall." Another pause, then, "Five just passed by Leo'd group. They're coming for us, and three others are still by Leo's group."[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]"They seperated us," Kim stated. "We're weaker when seperate."[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][/color]
[color=#2e8b57]The approaching five, all Devourers, were soon in sight. "Now the battle really starts," Kylipso said. "Let's do this."[/color]

Dred cracked his knuckles and took up a strong stance[B] "This doesn't sound promising. You said nasty right, but how big are these things suppose to be exactly."[/B]

Katie seemed to think on it for a moment [B]"There aren't any specific notes on them, there just described as large, ferocious beasts without any kind of consious or restraint."[/B]

That was just perfect. Based on the last monster, he had a good idea what they looked like, but if these were small ones he didn't even want to think what the big ones would be like. The sound of thumping feet and heavy huffs could be heard echoing in there direction. The air was begining to grow putride as they drew closer. Dred was nervous, but he knew they had a pretty good chance, if he went all out on these things. The only down fall was he had never used his black aura with others this close. He had no way of knowing any kind of residual effect he might have on them. They mught be left paralyzed by fear since he couldn't focus it that well.

Dred looked to Katie at his right, then back to Kylipso and Kim to the bach of both of them. He then looked forward as the figures began to come into focus through the dark. Dred then spoke out [B]"You three try not to stand to close to me."[/B]

Dred dawned, once again, his twisted metal gauntlets and the darkness that had permeated around them outside returned once again. Kim and Kylipso's immidiate response was one of shock and fear, but it slowly came down. Even the beasts approach was slowed by the aura. But Katie seemed to be holding up to it quite well. She was obviously much stronger and braver then Dred would have first expected.

The beasts too soon recouped from the initial shock and charged after them once again. This time Dred jumped for the first beast, slicing the claws of his gauntlets across the beasts face. It stumbled a second but then lunged at Dred again. It scrapped at the edge of his already tatterd coat as he rolled clear of the beasts claws. He rolled out only to straight into the one directly behind it. As it leaned in to take a bite out of him Katie jumped in and crashed the monster atop it's head.

Dred jumped to his feet and buried his fists into the bottom jaw of the monster and knocked it to the ground. Dred looked to Katie [B]"Nice cover there, girl."[/B]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]After coming out of shock from whatever was coming from Dred, Klylipso regained her senses and began fighting again. She used her bow and arrows aimimg right at The Devours heads'.

" Take that vile beats." She said as she shot an arrow straight at one of their eyes.

The creature screamed funmbling forward almost crushing her and Kim. They jumped out of the way. Only now Kylipso was on one side, Kim on the on the other. Kylipso couldn't see any of the others either. The creatur wa scareming in pain thrashoing out in all directions.

[I]Danm. These horrid servants.[/I]

Kylipso rolled out of the way once more. She began stabbing at the creature with a small knife she had found. It wiggled and cried. She could hear the other beasts cries as well. And the holler and shouts of her friends.

She seemed to have been seperated from the others.

[I]This is it I need to find a way back over or around this thing.[/I]

As she went to make her move she heard a sound coming from behind her. She turned and saw another grusome servant. This one however, had octopus like arms with six heads. Each one displaying a set of enormous fangs. It was heading for her. Drooling and making growling like noises.

She gasped and shot an arrow at one of the heads. It paused for a moment. Then looking twice as marn and anry moved towards her.

She could hear Kim still battle the disgruntled beats she's blinded in one eye.

" GUYS! I need some help" She hollered and tried to get out of her cornered in cage made up of Seleastia's servants.[/COLOR]

OOC: Come on, people, don't let this die.

-----------------------------------------------

[i][color=gray]Selestiae had seen into Leo's mind when she'd appeared before him and the others. Leo really didn't remember anything about himself or his life. He remembered nothing before he had awoken in the valley. Artime had saved Leo's life for some reason, but it seemed that his actions had had an unexpected side effect, namely Leo's loss of his memories.[/i][/color]
[i][color=#808080][/color][/i]
[i][color=#808080]Selestiae was already contemplating ways to turn Artime's plans against him, and when she'd appeared before the group, she saw in Katie's mind that Katie had the same idea she did. If Leo truly remembered nothing, than perhaps he could be turned against Artime. Katie had already been thinking about how to best go about doing that. Selestiae knew that this would need to be handled very carefully. Katie knew this as well, and would not begin until she was completely ready.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#808080]Selestiae couldn't help but wonder what Artime was up to, but she was not worried. He knew he couldn't take direct action, which was obviously why he'd chosen to use Leo for whatever plan he had in mind. He had to act through humans, and humans were no danger to Selestiae. If Leo became troublesome, it would be quite simple for Selestiae to eliminate him. Selestiae did not know what Artime was planning, but she was confident that no matter what it was, it would not be a problem for her.[/color][/i]
[color=royalblue]Two Devourers had fallen, and one was badly injured. Katie finished the injured one off, then turned to help the others against the remaining two. Is was then that she heard Kylipso's cry for help. "You guys handle these two," she said to the others. "I'll go help Kylipso."[/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]
[color=#4169e1]Katie ran towards Kylipso's voice and soon came upon her. She was being attacked by a grotesque creature which Katie recognized immediately. It was called [i]Kelsok[/i], an old word that meant 'inside'. The Kelsok were creations of Selestiae. Their monstrous appearance was meant to represent the true nature of the majority of the human race [color=#4169e1][/color][/color](OOC: this includes all humans except for Selestiae's followers, as well as a few others who aren't actually followers of Selestiae but have views similar to those of her followers)[color=royalblue].[/color][color=#4169e1] Kelsok were very dangerous beasts. However, unlike Devourers, it was rareto encounter more than a single Kelsok at a time. They were dangerous, but they were not encountered in groups.[/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]
[color=#4169e1]"Katie, watch out!" Kylipso shouted as Katie charged at the Kelsok. "That thing doesn't look nice![/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]
[color=#4169e1]Katie said nothing. She was focused on her oponent. Despite the skill she gained from her staff, this would be a difficult battle. Kelsok were dangerous creatures. They were very strong, and had a very high reaction speed. Plus, their tentacle-like arms gave them an advantage in flexability.[/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]
[color=#4169e1]Again, Katie moved like an expert, thanks to the magic of her staff. However, she didn't simply beat the Kelsok to death as she'd done against the Devourers. Kelsok were not as easy to take down in that manner. It could be done, but it would take a while, and an extended battle against a Kelsok was a bad idea. Eventually, it would get you.[/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]
[color=#4169e1]Katie dodged the Kelsok's swipes and jabbed her staff into one of its heads. She sent an energy charge from the staff into the beast's head. The moster was stunned by the blast, and the head was schorched. Its skin , or hide, or whatever it was had even been burned off in a couple places.[/color]
[color=#4169e1][/color]
[color=#4169e1]Before the Kelsok could recover, Katie repeated the charge on a second head. She did it again on the beast's lower torso, and hit it with a forth blast in the chest. That prooved to be more than the Kelsok could take. The beast went down. Katie gave it another charge just to be certain it was dead, then turned to [/color][color=royalblue]Kylipso. "You all right?" she asked.[/color]
[color=royalblue]"Yes," Kylipso replied. "Thanks. Um, just how did you do that?"[/color]
[color=royalblue]"I'm not quite sure," Katie admitted. "I somehow just knew how to do it. It clearly has something to do with this staff. I really wish I knew just where it came from, and why I got it. And how'd it get there, anyways?"[/color]
[color=royalblue]"I don't know," Kylipso replied. "You could talk to Kim about it. Something similar to what you described happened to her. I saw it."[/color]
[color=royalblue]Katie nodded. "Yeah, I kind of suspected that. I saw her reaction when I described what happened. I've been meaning to talk to her about that, but so much has been happening that it just slipped my mind. I'll try to remember to ask her once we get out of here. For now, though, we should get back to the others. Come on." With that, Katie turned and led Kylipso back to the others.[/color]