OtakuBoards

Beginning of Ends [M-LVS]

Random

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Quincy followed behind both the priestess and wanderer. There was silence, all that could be heard was the wind and people crying up on the mountain. Havoc sounded like it was to spread upon the land. But why?

Quincy got an ugly feeling in his gut. A feeling of being overly worried. How was Psyche doing? Did she make it? Did she run into trouble? What might've happened to her? This was all that was on his mind.

As the group of three continued hiking down the mountain, Quincy reached for the cross around his neck, gripping it in his hand. Looking up at the sky and started muttering some prayer. Kay looked at him over her shoulder. Quincy just let on a smile at the corner of his mouth.

"Praying? For what if I may ask." Asked Dred as he continued to lead the group.

"My daughter..." Quincy replied. "I sent her off to my sister's before I was taken in for execution." He released his cross, letting it slap him in the chest, chain jingling. "Oh, and my lady Kay. Thank you, for saving me back then. Thank you for believing me." He bowed his head.

"No problem, really." She answered "Your protesting, sounded so much different than the other ones I've heard. It sounded more,,, Sincere."

"Wanted for murder." Dred said.

"I do believe someone has framed me, or atleast it is another many by the name of Quincy. If I have killed someone, I pray, for the gods to cleanse me of this sin I supposedly commited." Quincy sighed.

When they reached the bottom, silence struck them again. Quincy couldn't help but stare at the open, dead, field. His heart filled with sorrow.

He then spoke quietly, "So then, all things living must die... Absurd. But I guess it is human nature...." He started to walk around the deserted area, all that stood there now was dead grass, and three humans. "Now where do we go from here?"

The other two started to ponder.[/COLOR]

OOC: Sorry for not posting, writer's block. Hope this is fine with you Starwind and Illusion.[/SIZE]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]OOC: Change in plans....not quite in the plannes, but I guess it's alright.

[center]= = IC = =[/center]

Leo walked slowly over the runes of the once great dorms. The sight would normally bring a tear to his eye, but he fealt as if he couldn't shed another.

He reached the area that had once been his room, and started searching through the rubble. [i]I have to find it[/i] was his only thought. [i]It has to be here somewhere...it has to.[/i]

Flipping over a rather large chunk of wood, presumably a piece of wall, he found what he was looking for. It was a Katana Rod, his beloved weapon. He had trained with it for years, and fealt uneasy without it, especially considering the present situation he was in. He grabbed it, and began his journey towards the Temple of Bahamut.

After a while, he had reached the base of the mountain. The journey had been short and rather uneventfull. There had been no one else on the road, and he fealt that much better for it.

Looking towards the Temple, he stood yet again in shock. The once beautiful building was reduced to ruin, as with most other buildings he would surly run across. He gathered that Kylipso and Kim and found Katie by now, he decided to go around to the other side of the mountain. He wasn't sure why he fealt like he needed to, but he went anyway.

Just as he climbed over a bolder, he saw three figures a few feet below him, talking. There as a female, but the other two were in the shadow of the rock. He regognnized the woman to be the High Priestess of the Temple of Bahamut.

"Priestess," he called out, still staring at them from atop the bolder.

The Priestess glanced up in alarm, grabbing her large axe in an agressive defence stance. "Who are you?"

"My name is Leo, I came from the University a short distance away."

"Why dont' you come down here?" she asked.

Leo climbed down the boulder the way he came up, and as he rounded the other side, he saw the other two where male. "So, are you three the only survivors?"

"We could ask you the same thing," said one of the males. He looked traveled, but his clothing and skin seemed to have been spared anything from the destruction around him. The other seemed to be a prisoner of sorts.

"I'm not the only one. There where three others. We got seperated, but we all agreed to meet at the Temple by sundown."

"There were a few other survivors from the temple, but, as with you, we all got seperated," stated the Priestess. "By the way, my name is Kay, this is Quincy, and he's Dred."

"Thanks," Leo said, bowing to each as they were introduced.

"What do we do now?" asked the one named Dred.

"I need to stay here," said Leo. "Wait for my friends, ya know?"

"We'll stay with you," siad Kay.

"Ya, it will be better if all us survivors stay together," said Leo

Together, the four climbed back up the mountain. Just as they reached the top, they all saw a lone figure pacing the grounds.

"Katie!" yelled Leo. He ran towards here, and embraced her. "Where did you go? Did Kim and Kylipso find you?" He rambbled off questions, then glanced around. "Where are they?"

"They're not here. I came here, trying to find survivors," she said. She wouldn't look Leo in the eye, but he didn't notice.

"That's fine. We'll just wait for them. They'll be here soon."

Kay and the others walked up. "That's a fine weapon," said Kay. "The design is familiar. Where did you get it?"

"I found it," replied Katie simply.

"I'm going to wait for them over here, okay?" said Leo. He walked over to the trail leading up from the city. [i]What happened today? It sure seems like it's not just here. I can see smoke in the horizon. I guess that we'll just have to wait and find out.[/i][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Kylipso and Kim had walked to the Temple. The journey was filled with the desruction from the metoers. Everything looked touched by this evil. Buildings, houses, streets the city all destroyed. The sight devestated them.

" I hope Leo's at the Temple." Kylipso exclaimed. " I hope Katie is alright too"

They countiniued when they came to a mountain. They looked at eachother. The sun was starting to set.

" We better hurry" Kim said. " Well as fast as we can go. I'm so tired."

" Me too." Kylipso said as the two of them trugged up the mountain.

It too was a massive mess left by the meteors. The once green grass now brown and balck with ash crumbled under their feet.

" Hey Kim? What happened back at the university after the meteors hit? I mean how'd did......." Kylipso was cut off by someone's yells.

They looked up. They could see a figure pacing back and forth along a trail at the top. They looked at eachother and Kim started to walk faster.

" Wait a minute. Aren't you going to tell me what that was about?" She lifted an eyebrow.

" Yes I will. Later" Kim replied with a pleading look in her eye.

The two ran up the moutain to meet the figure. It was Leo. Kylipso was so happy to see him she wanted to hug him. Only she stopped herself. After all she didn't know him that well.

" Are you guys alright?" Leo asked. He looked reliefed to see them.

" As good as we can be and just tired." Kim said.

Kylipso cast her eyes to the ground. Her face and eyes were red and swore from the cuts and bruises she receivedas well as all the crying she'd been doing.

" Hey Kylipso." Leo said gentelness in his voice. " Are you ok?"

" I'm....." She stopped for when she looked up she saw Katie.

Kylipso ran to her throwing her arms around her.

" I was so worried and so scared!" Tears began to run down Kylipo's face.

Not wanting to seem different or weird plus still happy to see her friends. " I'm so happy to see you two." She replied pulling Kim into her arms as well.

" Hey where'd you get that?" Kim asked pointing to Katie's staff.

" I uh found it" Katie said.

Then Kay, Dred and Quincy came and introdueced themselves to Kylipso and Kim.
Thay all were now trying to figure out where to go from here.[/COLOR]

[color=purple]Katie began spinning her staff around. As Selestiae had said, Katie somehow knew how to properly use it. She'd never wielded a weapon before, but she was able to weild Esleri without hesitation or imperfection.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]After a little while, Katie noticed that the others were watching her. She stoped practicing and faced them.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"I thought you didn't know how to use any weapon," Leo said after a few seconds.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"I-I'm not," Katie replied. "I've never used one before."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Then how can you use that staff so well?" Kim wondered.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"I... well, I'm not quite sure," Katie replied. "I just started swinging it around, and it was like I knew exactly how to weild it. I don't know how thay happened."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"That staff of yours seems to be quite unusual," Kay observed. "Where did you find it?"[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]KAtie remembered what Selestiae had told her to say. "It... well, it just... appeared. I 'd gone to what's left of my house, looking for my parents. I- I'd hoped to find them alive, but I saw no sign of them. I- i don't know what happened."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"I'm sure they're alive," Kay said.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"I hope so," Katie replied. "I came here hoping to find them. This seems like a natural place for any survivors to gather."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"They're probably on their way here right now."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Katie nodded. "I'm sure you're right. Anyways, I was at what's left of my house. I'd just decided to come here when there was... well, I'm not quite sure what it was. It looked like some kind of ripple in the air. There was a rippling, and some kind of shimmering effect, and then this staff was there. I felt like I was supposed to take it, so I did."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]As she spoke, Katie noticed that Kim suddenly had a look of shock on her face. It was gone in an instant, but it had definitely been there. Katie gave no sign that she'd noticed, and decided that she would not ask Kim about it, lest she inadvertently give herself away. If Kim brought it up with her, that would be good, but she would not mention it herself.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"I have no idea where the staff came from," Katie continued. "But I think you're right, Kay. This is certainly no ordinary weapon. Unfortunately, I really don't know any more about it than you do."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Kay and everyone else seemed satisfied by Katie's story. [i]Well, I passed my first[/i] [i]test,[/i] Katie told herself. [i]Now I just have to watch myself, make sure I don't slip and let my true intentions show through. This won't be easy, but I cannot allow myself to fail. The Goddess has placed her trust in me, and I will not fail her.[/i][/color]
[i][color=#800080][/color][/i]
-----------------------------------------------

OOC: Heartless Me, if you want to go ahead and build on Kim's reaction to Katie's story (which was similar to what Kim herself experienced), feel free to go ahead and do so. Just remember that nobody suspects anything. They all think that Katie's telling the truth.

All these people so quick, who would have thought so many survivors would congregate here. It was like something was drawing them all here, like it was all fitting into place. Dred hadn't been around been around some many people in quite some time, since he usually travlled alone. Kim, Kylipso, Leo, and Katie, they were all friends who had survived together through this tragedy. Kay, a high priestess of the Order of Bahamut, and Quincy, a man who was framed for murder. What was there linking point, aside from the decending shadow that seems to be engulfing the world.

Everything in the world was falling apart around them and they were right in the epicenter of it all. The only thing still haunting him was that staff that the Katie girl had. For a weapon like that to just appear would mean that this was fate for her to have it. But could that mean that this whole event was fate as well? It was too early to tell. Dred pat on Quincy's shoulder and nodded for him to follow. The two walked off beyond a boulder so they could speak privately. Dred turned to Quincy "Does anything about what's happend so far strike you as odd?"

Quincy seemed to think on it for a moment "Aside from the disaster, only that Katie girl. Her story seemed hesitant, like she had to think about what she was going to say."

Dred shook his head "Do you think she stole it or something?"

"No, not neccesarily. I just think that she has more to say then she's telling us."

Dred sighed "You think maybe she's scared to tell us the truth. But then why would it scare her? Damn there's too much going on right now."

"Agreed. I think we should let it go for now and just wait and see what happens. Plus everyone is too tired for us to bother stiring up a mess right now."

The two nodded to each other and let it rest at that for now. It was at this point that Kay came around the corner "What are you two up to?"

Dred looked to her, with a light smile on his face as usual "Oh nothing to be concerned with, just some simple guy talk. Anyway, I'm gonna turn in for the night, this day has been a bit too much for me."

Dred walked off with the events of this day bouncing about in his head. What was about to happen to them? Was this there fate, or had the worst yet to come? Only time would tell.

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][i]OOC: I hope this long post of mine won't torture anyone who read it. :D[/i]

Seishirou take a quick pat clean of his clothes, his minds weren't focuses on that though. He kept wondered and wondered about the recent happenings around him. Finished with the clean, Seishirou walked out from the capital while the citizens are still in chaos. As he walked toward Reidchester again, he thought to himself about someone's words.

"The Coming would someday engulf the world with an almighty chaos, look for this book whether you felt the darkness inside you growing uncontrollably okay?" those words, which were spoken with a warm-smiled face, were barely remembered by Seishirou. But they suddenly came to his minds after he wakes from his nightmares.

Seishirou takes a step inside his house and head toward his work room from before, he sat on the chair and without wasting any time, started to open the first page of the book he carried all the way from the capital. He kept reading the book and eventually learned about what was that someone, who is the same person with the one that appeared on his dream, had talked about.

The book did not describe it completely but Seishirou felt as he understand what is The Coming. It was when gods woud finally abandon their creations, it was when the ultimate destruction rain over the world, it was when true suffering would slash through the hearts of people. The Coming is inevitable, Seishirou had been assured of that. Yet he didn't feel fear, instead he was eager to saw it with his own eyes, darknesses of the gods.

The only thing remained on his mind is how to retrieve back his powers. They were sealed, by the same man from before. He curses that fact eventhough at some point on his past, he was hoping for it. He closes his eyes with his face seemed a little bit angered, he tried to figure a way to unseal his powers.

No, there are no ways for him to eternally acquire his powers back. He could unseal them, but only for a little while. He tried harder to thought and remembered the incident from the old mansion where he felt something going inside his body when he touches the cards. Yes, the cards, they might be the way!

Seishirou opened his eyes and grinned evily as he set his sight on the cards aside of him at the table. He remembered that those "something" that going through his body was actually tried to break his seal. He felt it, and without hesitation he touches them again.

Again, he felt the same sensation from before. A sudden burst of powers are making their way inside his body. He let them inside, hoping that his intention would be achieved. His hope was not futile it seemed as after a short while, he felt his powers spinning around his body eager to kill anyone on his way, just like on his past.

He let go of the cards, thinking that they would not had any uses to him anymore. But he's wrong, right on the moment where he let go of those cards, he felt his powers once again sealed.

"What?!" He screamed, he startled on disbelief. Has the cursed seal on his body's so strong that it couldn't be breaked without him relying on some suddenly-appeared cards? Again he curses himself, and grabbed those cards. Of course he again, felt his powers bursting out his body.

Maybe not much, but this is better than nothing. He didn't want to end up sitting on his house waiting for his death to come as the gods passes their judgement upon the world. He want to at least takes part of it although he knew he wouldn't gain a bright future for that. His hatred toward the world had blind him of the meaning of death itself, he could be careless of his own demise as long as he's assured that the world's obliterated slowly and painfully.

He quickly learned more about those cards, about how to uses them and what are they able to do. He just felt those and it didn't take a long time. The only thing remained to learn's the origin of those cards, but although it do takes spaces on his mind, he still not sees it as a primary concern.

He goes to his wardrobe and takes a minute or two to change into his battle costume, he quickly goes out of his house by jumping to his backyard through the window. He set his objective into finding Selestiae, whom explained on the book would be the one who will crushes the world.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Artime watched the events unfold below. The other three Gods were nowhere to be found, which suited him just fine.

[i]Damn you, Nox. Forsaking them, and forbidding us to use our powers to aid them. Do you really expect all of them to come to us?[/i]

He could only watch as cities where destroyed. Pain and sorrow flooded his being as cities where flattened, people where killed, and the land of the once beautiful Terra was decimated.

[i]Terra, the beautiful world of the four Gods, what has become of you? Please, for your own sake, please...[/i]

His thoughts where interrupted by a sudden realization. The world would be thrown into a spiral of devistation without the Gods, but the destruction was too intesive right now to make any sense. There had to be a reason...

It hit him. Selestiae. It had to be her. As he gazed once again at Terra, he made a note of the cities that where destroyed. They where the places where large groups gathered. These groups where followers of Artime, Ninyata, and Nox. The cities that held larger populations of Selestiae's followers remained untouched.

This observation cemented his theory, and only one thought resonated in his head:

[i]Fuck Nox...I must do something.[/i]

[center]= = = = =[/center]

Leo watched as the others, one by one, fell asleep. He waited until he was sure that they where all unconcience, then he started to walk aimlessly. He had always walked aimlessly, as it was his way of dealing with things, as well as gathering his thoughts.

He walked over to the ruins of the Temple, sitting down on a large chuck of stone. He gazed at the night sky, his head surprisingly empty. The sky seemed darker, and it gave him an uneasy feeling. He then noticed that there where less stars, and that the moon, normally very bright, was only slightly brighter than the brightest star.

He got bord of looking at the sky, and seeing as he wasn't tired in the least, he decided to look around the ruins. It was more out of curiosity than anything.

He started at the rock he sat on, and crawled, lept, and slid his way over the mass of broken stone, wood, and glass. After a few minutes, he saw a large stain-glass window. It had somehow survived the destruction.

The picture depicted on the glass was that of Bahamut, the highest servant of the God Artime. He carefully made his way onto the glass, testing with a broken piece of wood to see if it was stable. After he had reached almost halfway, he was struck with a sorrow soo deep,soo painful that he didn't think he could stand it. His gaze went from the picture of Bahamut to the sky yet again. Through blurry eyes, he saw another star dissappear. He yelled out in pure anguish:

"Artime! Why have you left? Why did you leave me?" He yelled, standing.The sorrow had grown substantially, making him physically weak. He tried to cross the glass to the other side, but stumbled. The force of his body broke the already weak glass, plumeting him into a deep hole. The bottom was dry, but was littered with boulders, planks of wood, and other debries. As he landed, he smashed his head on a rock, knocking him out cold.

Daylight shone through the glass, illuminating the area around Leo. His subconcience took over, waking him finally. He glanced around, wondering where he was. Then the events of the previous day re-entered his mind.

He rubbed his head, feeling light-headed and dizzy. He didn't quite feel himself, but it was probably just the sever blow as result from the fall. As he lifted his hand from his hand, he saw hardend blood covering most of his body. It was a wonder he hadn't bled to death.

He tried to stand, but the pain was excruciating. After he had regained himself, he looked at the hole he now was in. There seemed to be only one exit. This was the way he had gotten in, and in his current state he couldn't even think of getting out.

Now, all he could do was wait for someone to find him, but the chance of that happening was slim. He started calling for help, hoping against hope that someone would hear him...or at least realize he was gone.

OOC: Let's let the search for Leo last a few post. I think it'd be a good way for some characters to get closer...or farther apart...[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][i]OOC: Sorry I had to break the search of Leo on my post here, I'm the bad guy and I don't plan on meeting with the good guys this soon. Anyone who played as the good please heed Ecstasy's OOC statement.[/i]

It's night, by the time Seishirou reached the capital the sun had hide itself. The moon had achieved conquest of the day by this time, not that it matters to him anyway.

Seishirou's destination would definitely be the central library of the capital, where he would probably gain more knowledge of the Coming which stated on the book from before, widely known as the Cataclysm. Night would probably the best time for him to sneak inside the library as he couldn't let himself seen by the people of central capital, someone might still remember him and that would pose to be a problem to Seishirou.

But something disturb Seishirou's mind, not letting him went inside the library. So then, he wanders around the night-alley of the capital to think about what had bothers him now.

It felt like he was about to met someone important anytime at that moment. His mind prohibits him to stray further from where he's now, somewhere on the backstreet of the capital. He still couldn't understand what could possibly waiting for him on this bandits's turfs.

It's been long since the last time he felt the night on capital, the stars are so beautiful and although the wind are a bit hostile, they're still enjoyable. Seishirou made a floating platform from his cards and ride on it to reach the atop of a nearby street-lamp. He stands there, observing the night-life of the capital.

"Pathetic world, so pathetic that it deserved the most unimaginable destruction....". Seishirou couldn't resist his mouth onto saying those cursing words. His hatred of being used by the dark cult where his family belongs and the world who denied his existence because of his destructive powers always haunts him. He remembered his bloody past all of the sudden while he watched over the stars, they're so beautiful yet contrast the troubled mind of Seishirou.

Seishirou closed his eyes for a moment, and opened it up again. He sighed a bit when he closed his eyes. Flau, the priest whose appeared on his dreams before had somewhat fill his minds during that moment. He's the only one who understand Seishirou's pain, and yet in the end, they're no more than enemies by nature.

Seishirou, feeling that he should go now, jump into the ground and walked forward only to find himself surrounded by hideous bandits who claim had rules over the nights at that backstreet. There were ten, or maybe more of them. They all look so savage and cruel, with all the scary looks on their faces. You see a sharp dagger on their hand ready to stab your heart anytime.

One of them, appeared as their ringleader, walked in the manner of a bas**** and looked on Seishirou's eyes like he was a dog.

"You know what we wanted...." not even letting the pitiful bandit leader finished his words, Seishirou slashed his head off his body using a card on his right hand with an amazing speed. His underlings were all surprised by the incident and asked themself "How could that....".

Again, not letting the bandits finished their words even the one on their mind, Seishirou killed them all without wasting too much time. He sliced their body profesionally, they might not felt any pain at all because of it. Seishirou looked down on the lying bodies on the ground and said "You should felt lucky, you didn't even had to experience pain....". His eyes were a bit sad, perhaps he did that on purpose. If he did, those bandits were lucky indeed.

He touches his forehead and turn his body to leave the area, but half-way of turning his body. He realized someone was behind him all the time and before he had the chance of any actions, that someone said something with a evilish tone.

"A card user, how interesting..." Seishirou finally able to track down who it was. A woman, with an unspeakable beauty. There's, however, definitely something wrong about this woman. That differs her with any other normal womans, but then, Seishirou wasn't able to point what differs her.

"Seishirou, Sakurazuka Seishirou, wasn't that your name?" Seishirou gogled his eyes in surprise as the woman speak out the truth that no one's supposed to know. He's even more surprised to see that in a blink of his eyes, that woman had already vanished and reappear behind him. She continued her speak "I knew all about you, your hatred toward the world, toward the gods, toward eveything. I knew it all.".

Seishirou raises his head in a bit fear, he was even more and more surprised to hear that the woman behind him's one of the goddess herself, Selestiae. Her intention of meeting with Seishirou was to, say, recruit him onto joining her forces. Of course, Seishirou accepted the offer as he wanted it from the start. Although he also felt that this Selestiae had something on store.

He couldn't help it anyway, Seishirou felt her power eventhough she didn't demonstrate it clearly in front of Seishirou's eyes. She was indeed a goddess, and who would knows what will happen if you opposses her. But that's not what Seishirou felt when he accepted her offer, it's joy, of able to forsee the destruction of the world.

Seishirou stared into the black night as Selestiae disappear into thin air in front of him. In the corner of his heart, he wondered about how weird someone's life could be, and how twisted someone's fate could be.

[i]OOC: I hope this's okay with you Takuya, and also, this story happened right on the night when Leo's gone missing[/i][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Kylipso woke with a start. She had hoped that everything that had happened the day before was just a horrible nightmare. That when she opened her eyes she's be in her bed in her room at school. No luck when everything came into focus she realized where she was on top of a mountain. Everyone else was still asleep. She got up and went a few feet away and begand shooting arrows at a piece of wood that was leaning on a rock. This was what she did to calm herself get rid of stress.
As she shot another arrow hitting the wood in the middle a voice said

" Nice shot"

She turned around to see Dred smiling at her.

" Uh thanks. How long have you been standing there?" She wondered.

" Long enough." And he smiled more and let out a little chuckle.

[I]What's with this guy[/I]

Kylipso couldn't help smile then laugh herself.

" How long have you been into archery?" Dred asked as he sat on a big rock next to her.

" I sarted when I was about 13. I've been doing it ever since. In and out of school. That's where I found this one. When Kim and I were leaving the ruins of our school I found it. So, Dred, I'm Kylipso." She said moving towards him a holding out her hand. " Nice to meet you."

He was a little unsure but he thought [I]She seems nice[/I]

" Nice to meet you too." He replied shaking her hand.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Kylipso could see the others getting up. She wanted to talk to them especially Katie and Kim...And Leo too. She saw them all moving around getting the sleep out of their eyes.

" So Kylipso....." Dred began.

" Hey Where's Leo" Kylipso asked looking all around[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Quincy opened his eyes and stretched his arms over his head. He stood up quick on his feet. He watched as everyone stretched out and look at each other nodding them good morning or evening, or whatever the time was.

"Hey, where's Leo...?" He heard Kylipso ask. Quincy's ears perked up, and he looked around, and there was no Leo.

"Yeah, where is Leo?" Kim asked.

"Did anyone see him last night?" Dred questioned. Everyone then started murmuring the possible reasons on why he would've dissapeared.

"I don't think he would've ran away intentionally." Katie stated.

Quincy spoke: "Ah, we should split up into groups or something. Search the area, I believe he couldn't have gone that far...!"

"Seems true enough Quincy." added Kay. "If we do split up into groups though, someone should stay here just incase he decides to show up or come back."

Everyone nodded in agreement.[/COLOR]

[I]OOC: Hope this is fine with everyone. Sorry for making such short posts too. Writer's block is really gettin' to me, and I haven't really the slightest clue on what to do atm.[/I][/size]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]That night, as Karnig rested fitfully on the dead mayor's bed, Selestiae came to him once more. However, this time she seemed displeased.

When he saw her materialize in the room, Karnig hastily stood up and respectfully bowed low.

"My Lady," he said.

"Karnig," she acknowledged. "My general, tell me this: how can you expect to win the hearts and minds of your people with violence and fear?"

"My Lady? Have I not rallied them? Even now you can hear the rings of hammers upon anvils as they create weapons to outfit themselves for the nearing time when they shall march in your name!"

"Foolish Karnig," she sighed. "You have certainly won their arms and legs. But have you won their trust? You could not hope to with the methods you practice. They view you now as a tyrant. And a tyrant's rule is never beneficial to the ruled or the ruler."

Karnig sat heavily. "My Lady, I think I understand. But tell me, how can I gain their trust when I have already shown them violence and fear? I could not simply walk out there and apologize for annihilating their mayor. It would make me seem weak, and that would not be the wisest idea just now."

"Humans should not serve their King, my general. Their King should serve their people. Serve them, Karnig. Work alongside them to rebuild their town. Show them kindness, lead them to victory, feed them well, and you shall earn their trust."

Karnig bowed once more. "My Lady, as always, you know best. I shall endeavor to do so. I will serve my people."

Selestiae smiled at him. "I believe you, my general. Now, on to other matters."

She made several fluid and strange motions with her hands then. The air in front of them seemed to waver and rupture. She reached inside the rift and pulled out a large, rolled-up parchment. She unfurled it and spread it across the desk. Karnig saw that it was perhaps the most detailed map he had ever seen. When viewed casually, it encompassed the entire continent, but as Karnig trained his eye upon the town of Aurvung, it seemed to leap to his eyes in fine detail, down to the shingles on the buildings.

"What witchcraft is this?" he asked.

"No witchcraft, my general," replied the cannily smiling Selestiae. "This is my second boon to you. The finest map you could ever hope to see in all the lands. Now, to strategy. These neighbouring towns, Jotungrud and Felbinda, are loyal to me. When your army is ready to ride out, seek these two to bolster your forces. From there, you should..."

They pored over the map long into the night, discussing what Karnig's tactics in the coming days should be.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]They split into groups. Kay , Qiuncy and Kim went in one direction. Kylipso and Dred decided to go look for Leo together. Katie volunteered to stay and wait in case he came back. Kylipso and Dred began searching the east side of the mountain. Looking under and around boulders and in holes.

" Leo! Leo where are you!" Kylipso hollred. It echoed all around. She could hear the others voices echo as well.

" Leo! Hey Leo" It filled the air.

" I wonder where he went?" Kylipso said almost to herself.

" Well I'm sure he's around somewhere. He wouldn't just take off. Would he?" Dred inquired.

" I don't think so no. Why would anyone just leave in this kind of stuiation?" Kylipso stated. " But I guess I really don't know him that well. We go to school together. Katie knows him more. I guess Kim and I were officially introduced to him yesterday afternoon. Before that meteor storm hit. It's just starnge. I hoep he's alright."

" Quit. I'm sure he's around somewhere. So what are you taking in school?" Dred asked just making samll talk although he wasn't really use to it.

" Oh just taking international studieds and stuff...and still archery." Kylipso half hadelry said.

[I]Who knows when things will ever get back to normal. It's going to be a long while[/I]

" Leo, come on now. We're getting hungry. We gotta go find food and figure things out!" Dred yelled.

" Well we can't stop until we find him." Kylipso said sternly. " So where are you from?"[/COLOR]

Dred stopped and sighed for a moment "I'm from a small little valley far to the south of here. I haven't been back there in years."

Kylipso looked over to him "Well, what was it like? Why haven't you gone back? Do you and your parents not get along?"

Dred chuckled a bit "My, arent' you curious."

Kylipso became a bit red and looked away "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry."

Dredl et out a laugh "No, it's okay. We might be some of the last people still alive, we should get to know each other. Besides, I've got nothing to hide." Dred took a deep breath and looked up for a moment "But I think it's better we talked about it after we find Leo."

The look on Kylipso's face changed very suddenly, like all the tension of the moment had been replaced with a mild irration. Dred laughed at the look on her face "I'm sorry, were you really looking that forward to my story?"

Kylipso looked away again, as trying to hide her face "No, your right, let's just focus on finding him at this point."

Dred nodded in agreement and the two continued about searching for there lost companion. Dred kept smiling and maintained an optimistic veiw that he was just lazing about some place. Dred looked back to Kylipso who was calling out for Leo again "So, since I said, where did you grow up?"

[color=purple]As the others split up to search for Leo, Katie volunteered to remain behind in case Leo returned. [i]Maybe I should suggest we post watches tonight,[/i] she thought as she waited for the others to return. [i]I'm surprised none of us, myself included. thought of that last night. I guess everyone was still a bit unsteady after what happened. I suppose I was, too, though for different reasons. It's still hard to believe that out of all her followers, the Goddess chose me.[/i][/color]

[color=gray]"As I stated previously, you misjudge your worth."[/color]

[color=purple]Katie spun aorund to see the Goddess standing behind her. "My lady Selestiae."[/color]

[color=gray]"So, you have successfully decieved your friends?"[/color]

[color=purple]Katie nodded. "As far as I can tell, yes. I told them what you instructed me to, and I think they all believed me. I did notice a reaction on the part of Kim, but it wasn't disbelief. It looked like a combination of shock and recognition. Perhaps she experienced something similar to what I described."[/color]

[color=gray]"Investigate further, but be careful. Do not give them any reason to mistrust you. It would be best to let Kim bring up the topic. If that does not happen, then do what you must, but make sure that whatever you do, you do not give yourself away."[/color]

[color=purple]"I understand, my Goddess."[/color]

[color=gray]"Good, Selestiae said.[/color]

[color=#800080]The Goddess dissapeared, leaving Katie alone once again.[/color]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][i]OOC: PM me if you're disagree with this Rhym[/i]

Seishirou touches his forehead while he rides on his self-created flying platform. His destination now is the town of Auvrung. Selestiae orders him to reach there before midnight, although Seishirou had no idea why.

As his goddess had ordered, Seishirou reached the town of Auvrung before both the pointer on clocks had positioned themselves at 12. Seishirou looked down below and surprised to see that the town of Auvrung's no longer able to be called a town properly. Most of their building had been destroyed, yet strangely the people still busy preparing something big.

The centry positioned on a tower near Seishirou spotted him and sound the alarm of the city. The noisy sound of the bell sounded by that sentry awaken the people of the city, and had alerted someone with a giant sword on his hand whom seemed to be the city's commander.

"My oh my, I seemed to had awaken a sleeping tiger here." Seishirou proppelled down and reached the heights where he could easily jumped off to the ground without harm. As he steps on the ground, he walked calmly toward the man with giant sword while the five cards used to create the flying platform fly around in circle around him.

"Name yourself, intruder!" That man pointed his giant sword toward Seishirou, it's amazing that he could carry it with one hand only. Seishirou judged that this man's not someone who could be messed with, and then he introduced himself.

"I am..." Before Seishirou had finished his introduction, Selestiae materialized herself near both of them and said "Seishirou, my new loyal follower, aren't you?". The man with giant sword, startled by Selestiae sudden appearance, give her a deep bow. Seishirou followed the man's action and said "Yes My Lady, I humbly give myself to you.".

"My Lady? This man is..." the man with giant sword looked into his goddess in curiousity. Selestiae answered him "Yes, he's on our side. He'll be fighting along with us, I believe you should give him a proper introduction too.".

The man, following his goddess's order introduced himself as Karnig. But Seishirou's eyes behind his black sun-glasses don't seemed to please him much. It's fine for Seishirou, as he didn't expect any companion anyway. Karnig also explained the plan of creating army for their goddess, Seishirou quickly comprehend it.

The three goes back to the city's mayor's house, there they continued Karnig and Selestiae's discussion about the future plan of rallying cities which loyal to Selestiae.

[i]OOC: Hey Rhym, there are two cities which needs to be rallied right? We could share the work...:D[/i][/FONT]

Quincy, Kay, and Kim all had taken to the forest they decided to spread out themselves to cover more room but to stay within eyesight if there was more danger. Kortney traveled around a large Oak tree slowly as a slight wooziness and a feeling of Deja Vu came over her. She didn't feel like there was a headache or a pressure at all but she felt as if she needed to do something here.

The young mage pulled her staff from where she had it strapped to her pants inside her cloak. she didn't hold it all the time. Quincy seeing this with his good vision called her out. "Something wrong Kim?" Kortney shook her head and called back without looking. "It's alright just keep looking."

Quincy nodded and went back to his search looking down a ravene but Kay didn't heed Kim's words as she slowly approached her. Kim reached out with her staff and tapped the trunk of the tree slightly as she created the ripple in space again. The endless void and twinkles appeared once more and kay never seeing this before Stared with wonder. Possibly never even seeing something like this before she lost much of her stealth and stepped on a twig as she got closer. Kims hand drawing out a small vial of a red liquid just as Kay made a noise.

Just as fast as the ripple opened, it closed, and quickly. Almost as fast as if she were to have kept her hand in the portal it might have severed it from her arm. "How did you do that?" Kay asked enraptured by the act of arcane power. "Magic." Was the only response she could get on it and it was followed by a shy smile holding the vial. "Will you hold this? I don't know what it is but It will come in handy in the future. I just know it."

OOC: It's a vial of dragons blood, highly acidic. about 1oz worth.

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]OOC: Good idea, Raphael!

Karnig was already up and studying the map the next morning by the time Seishirou knocked on the door.

"Enter," he said. Seishirou sauntered in, shuffling the strange deck of cards between his hands.

"I am glad you have come, my friend," Karnig said to him. "I was wondering how to approach the daunting task facing me, but seeing you on those cards of yours has given me an idea."

"Oh?" he asked.

"Yes. Come look at this map." Seishirou walked over to the desk and stood looking at the map. "These towns here," began Karnig. "Jotungrud and Felbinda. Our Lady has informed me that they are loyal to her. She has instructed me to bolster our forces with them, yet there is still much to do to here to rebuild Aurvung. If I left to rally the neighbouring towns, this town would surely revolt against me, so I must remain here and consolidate my position to one of strength."

"Quite a quandary," said Seishirou.

"Indeed," nodded Karnig. "That is where you can help. You can travel quickly on those cards of yours, where I only have, at best, horses. You have the liberty to go abroad, where I am bound by the promise of reconstruction and the threat of revolt. What I ask of you is to travel to Jotungrud and Felbinda and rally them for Selestiae."

"I understand. I'll set out at noon."

"Excellent! But I ask this of you: no matter what you do, please do it by peaceful means. Selestiae has expressed her wishes, and these include minimal violence."

"Gotcha," said Seishirou. "Go out, rally the towns, don't kill anyone. I think I can cover that."

Karnig smiled as he donned heavy leather work gloves. "Good. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must help my people rebuild their town."[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Kylipso was caught off gaurd. She looked at Dred and blinked her eyes. They were swore from all the crying and stress she'd been feeling.

[I]We're all stressed out[/I]

She giggled. " I though we were going to talk after we found Leo?" She felt flush.

" Well, I actually said I'd tell you about myself after we found Leo." He was coy.

" Ha ha! Alright then." She continued to search but though she mind as well talk to help take the edge off of this whole stituation. She needed to talk to someone about well anything. " I grew up in Kadud. It's not that big it's quit as ways away. I came to Niffelheim when I was 18. I wanted to go to the school here. That's where my frinds and I just came from. Guess we won't be going back there anytime soon." Kylipso's eyes cast to the ground as they began to tear up.

[I]Oh stop this don't let himsee you cry. Just relax keep focused on finding Leo[/I]

" I'm sorry." Dred replied.

" Thanks." She blinked her tears away for now. " Say we need to find food and water too. Perhapse we should go in groups to the city Kay came from. Go look for things....after we find Leo."

" Ya. Hope he turns up soon. I'm getting kinda hungry come to think of it." Dred realized. " If you see a rabbit or something run by get it with your arrow." He winked at her.

" Sure thing." She smiled.

It felt good talking to him. It was almost as if things were normal. They had wondered a far way away from where Katie was waiting. But they had to keep going and find him.

" LEO!" Dred hollered.

All they could hear was his voice ehcoing across the mountain. Thay came to a little cave type in a rock . They both looked in and begaon calling.

" Hey Leo are you hear?" Kylipso called into the darkness.

" Maybe he's out looking for food." Dred suggested.

" Ya but why would he leave without saying something?" Kylipso asked.

" Well, I know him even less than you. Maybe he's one of those hero types or something." Dred was joking.

" Ya right. " Kylipso made a face.

They continuied their search.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]ooc: Sorry I?m not posting often guys! I?ll tell you all now that school is bothersome to say the least, my posting will pick up during my holidays in a weeks time I promise. For now I?m going to be a little slow on the up take, sory if it seems a little rushed. So Find Leo we shall![/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]
ic:Kay, Quincy and Kim had all decided to look for Leo together they spread out but within sight to cover more ground between them. The forest they were it backed onto the main city and wasn?t that far away from the ruins of the Sanctuary Temple.

They walked some way back into town.
[B]"Something wrong Kim?" [/B]

[B]"It's alright just keep looking."[/B]

Kay ignored her words and tried silently to approach Kim from behind, ?Crack?, her foot broke a tree branch. As she looked up she saw a small rip in space and because of her noises that rip was closing very fast. Kim thrust her hand in and pulled out a vial of red liquid. Kay was amazed at the sight.

[B]"How did you do that?" [/B] She was amazed by the display, Kay had never before witnessed something like this.

[B]"Magic."[/B] Was the only response Kim could muster, she smiled shyly and handed the vial to Kay.

[B]"Will you hold this? I don't know what it is but it will come in handy in the future. I just know it."[/B] Kay smiled and nodded still in minor shock at the display. She safely tucked the vial away in her robes for safe keeping.

The day dragged on rather quickly and the sun was beating down high above in the sky, it was midday and it seamed a lot hotter than usual. No doubt due to the prior events.
[B]?We really need to find Leo?[/B] Quincy shouted out across to Kay and Kim. They both nodded in a agreement.

[B]?I Suggest we go back to the ruins of the temple of Bahamut and see if Leo has gone there, we can also look for supplies or anything useful in the ruins.? [/B] Kim and Quincy both agreed, the temperature was rising quickly and they could get some shade there.

They reached the Temple some time later, the annoying fact was the heat had not warn off any. The three spread out again at a sights distance calling out Leo?s name.

[B]?Leo! LEO can you hear us!! It?s me, Kay, Quincy and Kim! Where are you?!? [/B] They continued to search about the ruins calling out Leo?s name. Kay looked over to Quincy and Kim to see if they had found anything, they both shook their heads and shrugged.

Kay breathed a deep sigh and sat down almost exhausted from the heat on a flat part of the ruins. She was quickly growing found of Kim and Quincy the two had a good ?felling? about them; among most people Kay had come into contact over the years with, none had exhibited this quality. She looked down to see a familiar sight. It was a stain glass of a famous scene within the teachings of the order. Depicted on the glass was that of Bahamut, highest servant of the God Artime. One thing was wrong; the beautiful stain glass was smashed.

Kay looked into the dark hole, but the light quickly faded and nothing could be seen, not even the bottom. Kay stood and resumed yelling once more.

[B]?LEO!....LEO!? [/B] She stopped sighed again and was about to walk away when something, a faint call caught her ears. She stopped to listen; it was a quiet call, almost a whisper of sorts.

[B]?help! I?m here I?m down here Kay!? [/B] Kay?s eyes lit up at the sound for a minute there she thought she was going mad with heat stroke.

[B]?Leo!, Kim, Quincy! I?ve found him! Leo are you all right?! Where are you? Are you hurt?? [/B] Kim and Quincy rushed over to Kay at her calling there eyes were lit up as well.

[B]?I fell down here last night, my leg I?m bleeding I cant stand up.? [/B] His voice was pained and getting weaker.

[B]?He could possibly have lost a lot of blood? [/B] Quincy added. [B]?we are going to need a lot more help in getting him out of there, looks like a long way down.?[/B]

[B]?I agree, one of us needs to go back and find the others to help?[/B] Kim spoke.

[B]?Kim and I will go, Kay you stay here with Leo and keep him talking. Well be back in a flash.? [/B] Quincy and Kim got up to leave.

[B]?You need to hurry, he doest sound to good to me. Get back here as quick as you can so we can get him out and his wounds tended to.?[/B] They both nodded and ran off as fast as they could; the day was cooling but gradually. Kay gave it her all into keeping Leo alert and awake until the others arrived. They desperately needed to get Leo out and alive.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]occ: Hope this is ok, let me know if u want me to change anything people[/COLOR][/SIZE]

OOC: Um, isn't Kay supposed to be by the hole? You should probably edit her into your post.

---------------------------------------------------------

[color=gray][i]So far, things had gone pretty much exactly as Selestiae had planned. Things hadn't been quite perfect, though. Karnig's mistake could have been a problem, but she'd corrected him after the first incident of violence. If he followed her instructions, he should have no problems wining the hearts and minds of the people she'd placed him in command of.[/i][/color]
[i][color=#808080][/color][/i]
[i][color=#808080]Selestiae was not angry with Karnig. She'd been displeased, but she recognized that Karnig was only human. Unlike her, he was imperfect, flawed. Like all humans, he screwed up from time to time. Selestiae recognized the imperfection of mortals, and she was willing to make allowances for it. She knew that humans learned from their mistakes. If they weren't allowed to make any, they wouldn't improve.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#808080]A key difference between Selestiae's followers and the rest of the human race was that Selestiae's followers recognized their inferiority. That was one reason that Selestiae's followers had always been a minority. Most humans were unwilling to recognize the fact that they weren't the masters of the world. Selestiae's followers were the ones who did know that they were inferior, imperfect.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#808080]Selestiae's way was quite simple. The way she saw it, it was the right of the superior to rule over the inferior. HUmans, she knew, realized this, even though they wouldn't admit that they weren't at the top of the chain. Humans practiced Selestiae's way all the time, from keeping dogs and other animals as pets to forcing horses to carry them around to killing animals like deer not just for food, but for sport, for enjoyment.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#808080]To Selestiae, this was the right of the human race, as humans were superior to such animals. And she, as a goddess, was superior to humans and all other mortals. Therefore, she and the other gods had the right to rule over humans, to force the human race to bow to their desires. However, the other gods, especially Artime, did not share her view. For that reason, Selestiae had been unable to impose her rule on the world. But now, Nox had ordered the other gods to withdraw, to refrain from intervening in the affairs of the world. Selestiae was now free to rule over the world, as was her right.[/color][/i]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]OOC: Time to end this and start towards grander things...

[center]= = IC = =[/center]

[i]"...Hey, Leo..."[/i] "...help..."

Leo's voice was getting weaker. He had been calling for quite a while. Exactly how long, he had no idea and no way of judging. That was what irritated him the most. He had no way to judge time, other than the sun. It was still light outside, but for how long?

[i]"...Leo, you there..."[/i] "...Kay...Kyipso...Quincy...Help me..."

His mind started to play tricks on him. He constantly heard his name being called, or footsteps above him. Once, he even thought he saw Kim standing in the shadows. [i]Leo, get a hold of yerself! Don't be going crazy yet...there's still a chance.[/i]

[i]"...Leo...Leo..."[/i] "...someone....please..."

He tried to stay positive, but even his optimistic view wasn't cutting it anymore. He had all but lost hope. He thought he heard voices and footsteps again, but dismissed them as the phantom sounds his mind constantly taunted him with.

"LEO..." There it was again. [i]Damn it, Leo. Stop...just sto-[/i]

"LEO!" A voice...Kay's voice!

"I'm here!" he yelled back, hoping his voice wasn't too shallow.

A few moments passed..."Help! I?m here...I?m down here Kay!?

?Leo!" [i]Thank the Gods...she heard me.[/i]

Leo heard her yell to some others, then: "Leo are you all right?! Where are you? Are you hurt??

?I fell down here last night. My leg...I'm bleeding...I can't stand up." His head was throbbing again, but much more intensly than before.

"Leo, it's going to be okay," Kay said. "Quincy and Kim are going to go find some help. Hang on, Leo."

"I'll be alright...I'm just so tired..." Leo could feel himself slipping away.

"Leo, don't go to sleep! Stay awake!"

Leo heard Kay's shouts, but couldn't respond...his head was spinning again. He was having a harder time seeing anything. His world was going black, and there was nothing he could do about it.

"Leo! Leo, answer me! Leo!" Kay's desperate cries rang in his ears, but soon even they were dimmer and dimmer, just like the world.

The world didn't matter anymore to Leo. [i]I'm dying,[/i] he thought. [i]I wish I could have told Katie what I really thought...I was so mean, but now it's too late. I'm sorry...everyone...[/i]

Leo's world finally went utterly black...

Artime had decided what he was going to do. He found the perfect individual to fulfill his plans. [i]Heh...if Selestiae can do it, so can I. She's already breaking the rules.[/i]

But, if this plan was going to work, he would have to hurry...or face the conciquences.

Kay sat on the edge of the glass pannel. "Leo! Please, Leo. Can you hear me? LEO!"

Tears started to run down her face, and her voice faltered.

[i]"Don't cry, daughter,"[/i] came a voice. Kay shot her head back and forth. She couldn't find where the voice had come from.

[i]"Be not afraid...Kay."[/i]

As she turned around, Kay stopped shocked. There was a glow, and Leo stood in that glow. "How..."

[i]"Kay, be reunited with Leo."[/i]

The glow around Leo's body slowly dissapated.

"No...please wait...who are you?" asked Kay, finding her voice again.

[i]"It is I, Artime. I will watch over you in your time of grief and struggle. Be not afraid, Kay, and know that I am always here...closer than you think."[/i]

The glow was gone in an instant, and Leo's body fell to the ground. Kay ran towards him. She checked his pulse, and watched for breath. Once she was satisfied, she gathered some of the robes she wore and tore them with one of the pieces of glass.

She placed the ripped fabric under Leo's head, and sat waiting for the others to return.

OOC: Illusion, hope it's okay that I used your character, although I'm sure it is. All the "good" guys, refer to the underground for directions from yours truly. ~.^[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]She thought she could hear something. Kylipso ran few feet ahead of Dred.

" Hey what is it" He called ashe quickened his pace.

" Look....Qiuncy and Kim" She answered still running towards them.

" We found Leo!" Kim said pointing in the direction she and Qiuncy had just come from.

" He fell down a hole. We need to help him. He said he cut his leg and that it had been bleeding." Quincy said as Dred and Klylipso meet up with them.

" Should we go get Katie first?" Kylipso asked.

" No we're closer to Kay and Leo than Katie. We need to get him out now." Quincy said.

They made their way back to the the ruins of Bahamut.

Kay...Leo...bout hot..." Kim muttered when they climed the samll hill and came to the temple.

" The weirdest thing happened. There was this light and then Atrime said he'd watch over us." Kay blurted out when she say the others.

They all looked at eachother utterly confussed. Leo was sleeping.

[I]How had she managed to get get him out[/I]

" Kay how did you get him and yourself out of that hole?" Kylipso asked.

" Artime he came and heples...but Leo needs this wound fixed." Kay excalimed.

"Alright." Dred pipped in. Quincy and I will carry him..We'll go get Katie then head to a city." Dred said lifting Leo's legs very gently as not to injure the wound more.

Quincy lifted Leo's arms. They started back to where they had left Katie.[/COLOR]

[color=purple]Katie had just started wondering what was keeping the others when she sensed... something. She didn't know what it was, but it was definitely there. She was also able to pinpoint the location of whatever it was. And she knew that it was the staf Esliri that allowed her to sense it. She just didn't know what she was sensing. A few seconds aftet she'd first sensed it, whatever it was dissapeared. Katie no longer sensed anything.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Katie found herself faced with a decision. She could either go investigate the area where whatever she'd sensed had been, or she could stay where she was and wait, as she'd told the others she would do. It didn't take her too long to make her choice. [i]Esliri probably wouldn't have allowed me to sense whatever I sensed if it wasn't important. I should go investigate.[/i][/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Katie began heading for the area where whatever she'd sensed had been. Before long, she came into sight of the others. They were all together, and they had Leo with them. Katie waved at them. They saw her and waved back, and Katie ran over to them.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Hay, Katie," Kay said. "We were just coming back."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"I guessed that when I saw that you'd found Leo," Katie replied.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"It's a good thing we ran into you," Quincy remarked. "I don't know what we'd have done if we thought you'd gone missing, too."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Yeah, I thought you were supposed to be waiting in case Leo came back," Dred remarked.[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"I know," Katie said. "It's just... I felt something a little while ago. I don't know what it was, and I decided to investigate. Whatever it was, it came from the same direction you all were coming from. Did any of you happen to see anything?"[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Um... yeah, you could say that," Kay replied. "Leo was dying, but the god Artime saved his life. Artme said that he was watching over us."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Artime?" Katie repeated. "You're sure it was Artime?"[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]Kay nodded. "Yes, I'm sure. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"Well, with everything that's been happening, I guess I can accept that," Katie said. "But you're right, it is hard to believe. I mean, what's special enough about Leo that a god would save his life?"[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"I... I don't know," Kay admitted. "But there's obviously something."[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
[color=#800080]"It would seem that way," Katie replied. "Anyways, we've found Leo. What do we do now?"[/color]
[color=#800080][/color]
-------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Okay, I left what happens next open. If anyone wants to travel to other cities and towns, then go ahead and post our characters deciding to do that.

Oh, and remember that nobody suspects that Katie is a follower of Selestiae (have I said that too much yet).

Dred and Quincy set Leo down, they used a small patch of dirt and burnt cloth to support his head and leg. Dred looked to Katie "That's a good question. I can't imagine we'll find much refuge in this world. Or at least a civilized one."

The group stood in silence for a moment or two. Then quincy looked off to the distance "Even if it's just a cave, we need some kind of shelter incase all hell should start pooring down from the sky again."

"Yeah, so which way should we head?" Kay asked. The group held a bit more silence. None of them were too sure of what there next course of action should be, all options seemed kinda bleack.

Dred was locked in thought when it hit him "We could go home."

The group all turned to him with a look of confusion at this statement. Dred elaborated "I grew up in a valley far to the south of here. It's pretty well shelterd thanks to the almost umbrella like rock structure. I think that would be a good place to start."

They all seemed in question for a moment, but they realized that none of them had a better solution to there problem. Dred and Quincy hauled up Leo again "If we leave now it will only take up twelve hours to get there, but we'll have to move quick."

It was at this time that Katie stopped them "Wait. I thought that there was only a desert to the south of here. I've never heard of a valley like the one your talking about."

Dred looked back to her "Trust me on this one. I know how to find it."

And with nothing more said he waved a bewildered Quincy on and the two started off with Leo as the others followed them. Even if they made it there, they would have to do something about Leo. Even if it wasn't life threatening anymore, his wound was still debilitating. Carring him all that way would be a tough venture.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]This was going to a long and tiring journey but really they had no other choice. Dred and Quincy carried Leo. They walked in silence for awhile. Each absored in their own thoughts and worlds.

[I]I hope things get btter soon and start making sense. It's going to be awhile though...this is just the begining.[/I]

" Kim are you going to explain about that ripple in space stuff?" Kylipso finally sopke. The silence was begining to get scary.

Everyone looked towards Kim. She wasn't sure what to say.

" well I just know that I knew it was going to happen. Like all day I had a weird feeling. I had a terrible headach and it was weird...but I never expected that meteor shower to hit."
Kim found it surprisily easy to beable to speak and was enjoing it.

Leo mummured in his sleep.

" I know I had a weird feeling too all day." Kylipso said. " But I coulsn't put my finger on it. I surely never expected what did occur though."

" Ya neither did i." Dred answered. " I had a weird dream about a carriage and it's driver and everyone were missing......" He stopped short. [I]What was that all about anyways...I still don't know[/I]

Looking to one another they all realized they had felt something.
Thay all looked to one another. The events that had taken place were all weird...whatever was to come was going to be weirder still.

" well I believe the events saved my life." Quincy said." Although they were terrible."

The land was barren in ruins. Trees flattened, huge cracks in the earth.

Kylipso almost fell. Kay immedialty pulled her back.
" Wow. Careful we don't need you hurt two."

" Thanks." Kylipso said, peering into the dark hole.

Kylipso was keeping an eye out for any animal that went by. They needed food and soon.

" so what's the name of this valley?" Kylipso asked as she stepped besides Dred.[/COLOR]