OtakuBoards

searching for comedy..

Hisao

I suggest that Azumanga Daioh is the funniest anime in this 21th century,
now i watched Bleach.It's kinda serious but there's funny scene here and there,i am kinda boring right now because i cant find any anime that can make me stomach-ache..i hope you guys can share with me what kind of anime that i should buy or rent... :D

[COLOR=Indigo]As you already said, there is Azumanga Daioh. If I remember correctly, there is humor in Chrono Crusade. The one anime that I am watching right now that is hilarious would be SuperGals. Which is about a gal named Ran Kotobuki and the things she has to overcome to remain the top girl in Shibuyah, which is the shopping district of Tokyo I think. SuperGals is worth every penny.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Ramen_Mido']I highly recomend Cromartie High School. Its very funny. Tthe animation seems low budget but its about comedy not good looks. Give it a try.[/quote]

hmmm...actually i plan to buy it ,but the drama series will come so i think id rather buy the drama series.Hoping that it's funnier :animesmil

[QUOTE=Hisao][B]I suggest that Azumanga Daioh is the funniest anime in this 21th century,[/B]
now i watched Bleach.It's kinda serious but there's funny scene here and there,i am kinda boring right now because i cant find any anime that can make me stomach-ache..i hope you guys can share with me what kind of anime that i should buy or rent... :D[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't know any anime that is better than that for humor.

I think it is the best, because it is random.
But, to help you any, buy more Azumanga Daioh.

I like the manga better than the anime for azumanga Daioh. Depending on what kind of comedy you want(romantic,action,alapstick ect...) I suggest ranma 1/2 for akward situations and things of taht nature. Please teacher roe a romantic comedy. But if you really want comedy go rent the dave chapelle show season 1and 2. Yea I know its not anime but its the funniest substance that is legal in the U.S.

[quote name='Ramen_Mido']I highly recomend Cromartie High School. Its very funny. Tthe animation seems low budget but its about comedy not good looks. Give it a try.[/quote]
I second the motion, this anime is hilirious not only the anime but the manga as well. though I think you should see the anime instead. :animesmil each episode is about 15 minutes long. so its not long or anything ;)

Azumanga Daioh is really funny. I own the first 4 of the dvd's. Even though they are really funny I think that Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu is so much more funny. It is about a high school boy who is in the army. He thinks everything has to do with military and uses weapons and army skills on simple situations. It is really hilarious and I suggest you seeing it.

As someone who generally feels a bit "ehh" about comedic anime, I have to say that [b]Kodocha[/b] is downright hilarious. It's from Akitaroh Daichi, whose other series include Fruits Basket as well as both seasons of Jubei-chan. Fast-paced, visually wild, spastic without being annoying, and packed with equal shares of cleverness and plain old slapstick, Kodocha never gets tiring. Plus, its humor comes free with a helping of some excellent drama. :animesmil

~Dagger~

Hmmm oh yea I forgot one that is extremely funny(too me at least) Excel saga. It like southpark but japanese and on crack. Its no dave chapelle show or minc of mencia but its up there. I really love this anime. Oh wait if your under the age of 14 some of the comedy will go right over your head.

[quote name='Dooxy']Dude, Chobits!! Near the end of the series it gets serious but in the eps before that theres always a few scenes that are roflmfao worthy xD especially if you're a guy :D[/quote]

i have all the series hehehe~(weak laughs) :animeshy:
anything else?onegai... :animesmil

A series I got into recently is called [b]Ichigo Mashimaro[/b]. It's not as funny as it is cute, but it has still drawn me in like a moth to a flame. I still can't figure out what the plot is, if it even has one, but the little girls in it are so damn cute, that I've been laughing throughout all of the episodes I've seen so far. It's really slow, and at times you may be wondering "Why am I watching this?" but it's definately something to look at if you're interested in comedy. ^^

[i]Unfortunately[/i], this series doesn't seem to have been licensed yet, but with Geneon USA as one of the producers, hopefully we'll get to see it sometime soon. ^^

-Arvi

Actually, [b]Ichigo Mashimaro[/b] has been licensed. Geneon [url=http://www.geneonlounge.com/index.php?id=180][u]stealth-announced[/u][/url] it alongside Kamichu, and they're calling it Strawberry Marshmallow. The [url=http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/Tn39gVwSmbdwYZQsrU/browse/item/69640/4/0/0][u]first volume[/u][/url] is going to come out in June, and the [url=http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/Tn39gVwSmbdwYZQsrU/browse/item/69641/4/0/0][u]second[/u][/url] is coming out in August. Four episodes each, so it'll be released at a nice pace. :catgirl:

I've watched a little bit of the show, but that was right before it was licensed. I really liked what I saw of it, so I'm going to get the DVDs. It's amusing, and it gives you that moe feeling without being icky. Miu is my favorite character.

~Dagger~

If your looking for lots of humor, i STRONGLY suggest you watch School Rumble.. It has a few romance moments but you are guarenteed to laugh non-stop...

Another show worth watching is Fruits Basket. The last few episodes are kinda sucky but it is very funny..

[QUOTE=anime_dark]If your looking for lots of humor, i STRONGLY suggest you watch School Rumble.. It has a few romance moments but you are guarenteed to laugh non-stop...

Another show worth watching is Fruits Basket. The last few episodes are kinda sucky but it is very funny..[/QUOTE]

Seriously?then ill buy it then,thank you.. :animesmil

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Personaly I don't watch a lot of Comedy anime, Mostly action, sometimes some drama and add on a little bit of romance here and there. The only thing out of anything I have seen would have to be [B]Black Cat[/B]. Now there really isnt alot of "OMGFUNNYLOL!!!!11!!!111" Moments in this anime. Yet when they arnt in a major battle type mission or something like that. They really do tend to have some funny moments...Thats all I can do.. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

Ohh and magical shopping arcade abenobashi that ones hilarious.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][B]Avenged666fold[/B], please expand on your choices; since OtakuBoards is a place for discussion you could explain why you think the show is funny. Please put a little more effort into your posts. Thank you. ~Aaryanna[/COLOR]

i watched school rumble and happy lesson 1&2
i think both story is unique..and quiet hillarious,but still it is not as good as azumanga daioh,especially the ending...Anyway i do really enjoy wathing school rumble and happy lesson! and waiting for school rumble 2..id definetely buy that anime...Thank you all..for your concern! :animesmil