Delta Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 [COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1]Alright, kiddies! It's about time this side of the Prefecture had a new game. One that will try your memory, resourcefulness and powers of observation. On that will test your familiarity with the styles of the artists here in OB. [b]Here's how the game works:[/b] You post an image file and we'll try to figure out who made it. Easy as pie. [b]Guidelines:[/b][list] [*] The piece needn't have appeared here in Art Studio but please make sure that [b]it was made by someone from OB[/b]. [*] Give at least ONE (1) clue about the artist. [*] The first one to correctly guess the artist will provide the pic for the next round. [*] Don't forget to tell us the reason behind your guess. Did the style give the artist away? Have you seen it before in the artist's thread? A sentence or two would be fine. [*] Of course, the artist cannot, I repeat, [b]cannot[/b] guess for that round. It'll be really weird if someone came up and said [i]"The style looks familiar and it's well-rendered. Maybe [b]I[/b] made it."[/i] ^^[/list] That's it. Hope everything's clear. Let's see how well we know each other, yeah? +=+=+=+=+=+=+ [IMG]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17972[/IMG] [b]Clues:[/b] "Every Little Bit Hurts", "Ichigo, Zangetsu", Last-Man-Standing and OtakuDeviants +=+=+=+=+=+=+ P.S.: If this thread ain't up to Art Studio's standards, feel free to delete it. P.P.S.: Have fun![/SIZE][/COLOR]
Ellerby Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 [FONT=Tahoma][color=#555555]You know, after much web surfing I have come to a conclusion. Although I never found the actual picture, I do think it is [b]Sun[/b]. The background is [i]very[/i] similiar to his banner style and it definitely looks like it was made by him. He's also an Otaku Deviant on dA so that's just more proof. Cool idea, by the way.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Retribution Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 [size=1][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23261&stc=1[/img] You're right, and here's the picture -- by the way, you totally fail at surfing. I found it in about twenty seconds - no joke. I guess it's understandable, you being [i]Canadian[/i] and all. :p[/size]
Ellerby Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 [color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I found that picture aswell, but that's not the picture I see in Delta's post. Meh. Here is mine. [img]http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1301/dididreamit5wg.jpg[/img] [b]HINT:[/b] Disasterpiece, Funny Guy.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Retribution Posted March 29, 2006 Posted March 29, 2006 [size=1]DragonWarrior. Pretty easy, I think. Here's a tough one with an obscure piece of art done by the user. Have fun! [url]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3984[/url] [B]HINT:[/B] Has the longest/biggest art thread in the Art Studio. Frankly, it's amazing how huge it is.[/size]
Delta Posted March 31, 2006 Author Posted March 31, 2006 [COLOR=#656446]^ Wins for insanely difficult submission. Truly, thou art the sovereign of this realm. I'd say [b]HZ[/b]. Probably 'cause it's a forum banner and it's pretty dark. *shrugs*[/COLOR]
Retribution Posted March 31, 2006 Posted March 31, 2006 [QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#656446]^ Wins for insanely difficult submission. Truly, thou art the sovereign of this realm. I'd say [b]HZ[/b]. Probably 'cause it's a forum banner and it's pretty dark. *shrugs*[/COLOR][/QUOTE] [size=1]Incorrect, ma'am. Due to its highly difficult nature, I'll just tell the artist. It's [b]Nomad[/b], yo. Go search for his thread -- it's stunning. I'll let someone else go, as I don't feel like finding another artist. Whomever happens to post next gets to pick and artist.[/size]
boothten Posted April 1, 2006 Posted April 1, 2006 [size=1][b][center][url=http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2429/artbot1nx.jpg]Click[/url][/b].[/center][/size] [size=1]I'll go, this may be quite fun. [b]Clue[/b]: His username is a real name. And the post/thread is quite recent. It may be slightly easy, but oh well. Have fun![/size]
Goodbye, Face Posted April 1, 2006 Posted April 1, 2006 [font=trebuchet ms]That'd be [b]John[/b]. I saw it from concept to completion, and I'm still begging him to submit it to Threadless so I can buy a shirt with that on it. :) Do I wait for an answer now? XD[/font]
boothten Posted April 1, 2006 Posted April 1, 2006 [size=1][b]Correct[/b]! Ha, no. You can go ahead and post an image. This actually this [i]is[/i] quite addicting. I may be entertained, lol.[/size]
Goodbye, Face Posted April 1, 2006 Posted April 1, 2006 [font=trebuchet ms]This person's work wowed me a while back. It's not digital but it's pretty unique. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/pinkindian/ART/whitewash.gif[/IMG] Hint: Artist's name's from Gundam. And if we're not doing traditional art, let me know and I'll find another.[/font]
Boo Posted April 1, 2006 Posted April 1, 2006 [size=1]The guy that Retribution had in his signature for a long while. Under the link "OB Got Pwned", or something alike. [i]Three minutes later:[/i] It's RX78. [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=48161][color=orange]Here[/color][/url]'s his thread for anyone who didn't know it yet :P[/size]
Goodbye, Face Posted April 1, 2006 Posted April 1, 2006 [font=trebuchet ms]*wakes up* Yep! OB did get pwned by RX78. I haven't seen him around at all other than in that thread. Sad. :( So go ahead and post your image, Boo.[/font]
Boo Posted April 1, 2006 Posted April 1, 2006 [size=1][IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16349[/IMG] I go for This Graphic. Okay, you guys get it right. [b]Hints:[/b] [i]He[/i]'s pretty old school he doesn't visit OB (often) anymore. I think he had about 3 different screennames.[/size]
Kitty Posted April 1, 2006 Posted April 1, 2006 [color=#1e7628][size=1]I'm just guessing, but is it maybe teh [b]Sunneh[/b] (aka Sun/Rising Sun/somethingelsepossibly)? The style looks like his, and it's not all text, like most of Retri's stuff. But yeah. o:[/size][/color]
Ezekiel Posted April 1, 2006 Posted April 1, 2006 [SIZE=1]Hmm, I'm not sure who that is but it seems like something [B]Sean[/B] [Perfection] would do. Probably wrong, though. XD[/SIZE]
Boo Posted April 1, 2006 Posted April 1, 2006 [size=1]Muha, both wrong. The guy's more old school than that. Let's give another hint. [b]Hint:[/b] His first nickname started with a 'k', his second nickname aswell with a 'k' and his third with an 's'. [/size]
Retribution Posted April 1, 2006 Posted April 1, 2006 [size=1]Ah, man... I remember good ol' [b]Syn/Kenji/Kasuke[/b]. This is definitely his style -- the soft glows, the semi-abstract, and the horridly mispelled text.[/size]
Retribution Posted April 1, 2006 Posted April 1, 2006 [size=1]It's my obligation to post obscure and embarrasing pictures from artists' pasts. Just to embarrass them. [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/CloudsOnly189/ff10-2-yuna21copy.jpg[/img] [b]Hint:[/b] This artist has come a LONG way since this banner, and takes requests from time to time.[/size]
Ellerby Posted April 1, 2006 Posted April 1, 2006 [color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]The first thing I thought of when I saw Yuna was Final Fantasy (der..). And what artist (who has come a long way) loves FF? Well, CloudsOnly189 of course. Not only that, but I believe I've seen that banner before. Plus, she [i]has[/i] come a long way since, now going under the name of [b]Keyblade Wielder[/b].[/FONT][/COLOR]
Retribution Posted April 2, 2006 Posted April 2, 2006 [size=1]Aye, mate. Have a go.[/lamebritishhumor][/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now