OtakuBoards

What do you think your signature says about you?

shadowpimp

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kuroinuyoukai
I believe it says that I don't really care for the male population at the moment. :catgirl:

[color=#b0000b][size=1][quote=Sara's signature][size=1]The member formerly known as [b]Sara[/b]. . . . Wait, what the. . . ?

[center]I'm only here for the cookies and punch.

I'm a teenage girl and this is my drama.[/center][/size][/quote]Well, it's in size 1 font, so that would seem imply that I don't feel important, or perhaps that I want to go unnoticed. In fact, it means that I am so cool I don't need to SHOUT because I [i]know[/i] people will read it no matter what. It's sort of an understated coolness, which I think is a big part of my personality.

The first line, uncentered, speaks of confusion. It reveals my inner uncertainty--who am I? Why am I here? What am I really like? It puts the rest of my signature off balance, as everything else is centered, but this statement--important, as it is at the top--throws everything off. This signifies that my egocentric confusion is throwing the rest of my personality out of whack. I need to sort things out and stop worrying so much.

The other two lines are equal in length, unbolded, and centered. Neither one immediately gains attention, with the end result that the two sentences war with each other--which is more important? It is clear that two such similar things should not both exist there. [i]But what do they mean?[/i]

The first, "I'm only here for the cookies and punch" bespeaks a sardonic worldview. I do not seek knowledge or interaction with others; I attend things only with the promise of free food. I am perhaps greedy... But then, there is little in the way of OtakuBoards refreshments. Why am I really here? It seems I claim ulterior motives to hide my genuine interest--an interest, perhaps, of which I am ashamed.

The last line is similar in spirit. "I am a teenage girl and this is my drama." Why am I here? Certainly not out of genuine interest, but only, perhaps, to fuel the flames of...flames. It reveals that I am unbelievably self-centered, and not unhappy that other people may know that. The sentence is however, in light of my most recent birthday, at least partly--and irrefutably--inaccurate.

The fact that these final two lines are centered is important to a proper reading of my personality. Like the rest of my signature, they are written in size 1 font, implying that I do not care whether or not I am noticeable, for people will seek me out. However, the fact that these lines are centered shows that despite my apparent disdain for attention, I long to be at the center and in the limelight.[/size][/color]

Hm...well, interesting.

I guess my signature reveals that I'm motivational...But I haven't been like that forever. It just suits how I feel at the moment-- everyone does have a certain potential within them that they haven't noticed quite yet.

Take me, for instance. Each semester during school, I always ended up with a C+ on my report card. It didn't matter what course, what difficulty- I had one C. And this highly irritated me, not only because of the miserable abyss of a near B, but my perfectionistical attitude as well. (Yes, I know "perfectionistical" is not a word. Wa-waah.)

Anywho. I happened to stumble upon that quote that now lies embedded in my sig, and I guess it stuck to me- and I tried a little harder. The work payed off, in the end. ^_^

Color signifies something, too. The words are colored a pastel pink to show that:

- I like pink.

...Yeah.

So, to summarize, I merely reveal to people that things are possible-- before they go, at least. New-fangled people always leaving in such a rush, dagnabit.

[quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]The first, "I'm only here for the cookies and punch" bespeaks a sardonic worldview. I do not seek knowledge or interaction with others; I attend things only with the promise of free food. I am perhaps greedy... But then, there is little in the way of OtakuBoards refreshments. Why am I really here? It seems I claim ulterior motives to hide my genuine interest--an interest, perhaps, of which I am ashamed.[/size'][/color][/quote]

[size=1][color=hotpink]Honestly, every time I read that line, I think about that movie [b]Ever After[/b], one of my personal favorites, where the evil stepmother person tells her daughter that she's only at the ball for the food, and then at the end she TOTALLY turns that around on her mom and it's like BURN IN YO' FACE! So I think of it as a sassy remark. But that's just me![/size][/color]

Guest D. Resurrected
hmm I think mine depictes how I am sutal and yet not at the same time.also it expresses my passion for orange, and FLCL. :animesmil

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]My sig just shows my love toward Bleach especially because it got both Hitsugaya and Ichimaru :D

Below the line, there's a credit to the banner's maker to show my respect and thanks. Below it, it's just a saying that I'm waiting for a matching avatar from Delta.

Below it all, it's a quote from Cao Cao (everyone who loves romance of the three kingdom should have known who he was). I put it there cause I like it, I'm planning to put other ppl's quote after a long time with that one. This quote thing might shows my randomness to ppl, dunno about that though.

I don't like to take spaces too much, neither I love to show-off a bit too much. So that's why I use the smallest size for the writing below the banner. The colourful writing on the sig's just to match the banner, that's all.[/FONT]

Guest Metal Dragon
I guess my signature says that I like dragons and that if you are my enemy... I'll burn you to pieces!!!

Guest Prick Wizard
My signature proves that the only thing seperating me from the elven race is a name tag and magical powers.

Who am I kidding I'd love to be an elf.

and to group them into the same bracket as river trolls would be absolutely crazy. I don't even like to think about that.

Guest tanukioh
O.o it pretty much says that I think i'm some kinda raccoon-spirit-king-thingy, and that I will only follow orders from my GF, or Nekosama.

[quote name='Japan_86][COLOR=DarkRed']I'm not a force to be reckoned with?[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]I know I just shat myself after looking at your sig. :animestun

Not sure what my sig says about me. I'm a little blonde girl?(?!?!) I enjoy serenity? I'm partially delusional? I'm not delusional at all? I'm [i]guilty[/i] of being a little blonde girl?(?!?!?!?) The implications are endless.

However, I do like the word perfidious. You all would be doing me a great favor by starting to say it alot. Thank you in advance.

Much love to Namine in any event[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namine].[/url][/color]

[color=red][size=1][b]I hope my signature says something about me thats good.

My previous signature, the Naruto themed one (done by Ezekiel), hopefully showed that I, like Naruto, now share the same dream.

This new Aeon Flux signature (done by Delta) hopefully shows that I'm a little retro, a little different to the general crowd.

I try to request banner/avi sets that express a different aspect of my personality, so people can learn a little about me.[/color][/size][/b]

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

It shows that I am a boss. And A boss gotta have his click, right? So, yeah. It shows I'm a boss amongst bosses, the boss of all bosses, the big boss of the south. I'm a boss, playa... yeah...

- The Boss

P.S.... BOSSNESS[/color][/size]

Well hopefully my sig shows that i'm random, and even though I enjoy being evil :devil: I also like giving advice and acting smart--hence the if you want something you've never had line haahaa. :D

It also prolly shows i have a split personality :flush: I luv that smiley!!! :rotflmao:

What does my signature say about me? Only that I was a prominant part of the coolest underground alternative to OtakuBoards ever. That's what!

Although Group Sounds perished quite a while ago due to technical difficulties, it will forever be memorialized in my signature. It's a great way to celebrate a place that was like OtakuBoards but only with the cool people.