OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[quote=Bleach Asylum]Translated by Ann-chan:

[spoiler]ヤミー、爆発した地面にできた穴に左手でつかまっている
Yammi comes out of the hole in the ground made by the explosion with his left hand.
石田に捕まっている手前の床を矢で撃たれて地上の階まで落ちたっぽい(石田はここに来る途中に 全ての階のい くつかの柱を壊した)
By firing an arrow at the alcove on his side, Ishida apparently caused the upper floors to collapse (On the way there Ishida broke some support pillars on every floor)
石田の登場に驚いてる苺に勝手にトーク。
Ichigo is surpised at Ishida's appearance and they talk.
苺は石田に井上を頼むと、虚化してウルキオラに挑む。
Ichigo says he'll leave Inoue to Ishida and that he'll take on Ulquiorra by using his hollow mask.
分が悪くなったウルキオラはラスノーチェスの天蓋の上まで逃げる。
Because the odds are against Ulquiorra, he escapes to above the Las Noches dome.

そこで第4刃以上の十刃は?天蓋の下での解放?を禁じられていると言うと
There, he says that Espada of #4 and above are not allowed to release under the dome.
解号を唱えて次週。
Chapter ends with him chanting the release.
解号は「鎖せ(とざせ)」
The release is "Lock".[/spoiler][/quote]
[FONT="Times New Roman"]Oh my. I knew it was coming, but I didn't expect it so soon.[/FONT]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="1"]Interesting, well I guess this finally confirms (in a sort of roundabout way) [spoiler]that Ulquiorra is indeed a Vasto Lorde based on this idea the top four aren't allowed released within Aizen's palace.[/spoiler] Suppose things are about to get interesting now.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Times New Roman"]Agreed. And now this brings up another question. What does that make Nel? Adjucha? (sp?) Combination of both? (Is that even possible?) In the flashback with her and Nnoitra going off to find vasto lordes, I just can't imagine Aizen sending adjucha's to go off to recruit them, especially if they're considered to be strong as or stronger than captains, unless they're rational and reasonable.

Anyway, Ishida....

[quote name='Magus][color=green']Ishida placing some sort of land mine has me baffled. Did he place the mine under on the ceiling beneath the floor they're on and run back out the door and then jumped up to that hole in the wall, or did he magically throw the mine when Yammy tossed what's her name through the wall?[/color][/quote]

Ishida must've been really bored to go from the basement to where they're at destroying pillars. (I don't care if that's tactical or not.) And then Yammy, what, his wings are clipped now? I was under the impression that everyone can fly. That'd be pretty lame if that's all we get from Yammy.

Orihime should just die. As harsh as that sounds, she is just far too useless. I don't know whose more useless. Her or Hanataro. (I can throw Chad, Toushiro, Renji, and Momo up there as well.)

This chapter was better than the last, but it's still "meh". Seeing Ichigo with his mask can only go so far in keeping ones interest before losing it's steam. And I'm growing fairly tired of it as of now. If Kubo's gonna show someone with masks... Show Shinji inc again.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Personally I still stand by the idea that Neliel is a Vasto Lorde herself, I know Nnoitra said that her old rank meant nothing (which is a bit silly seeing as he ascended rather than descended in rank in the newer Espada incarnations). I suppose it's also possible that Neliel was just a very powerful Adjuchas, sort of in the same way you have Momo and then Renji in terms of power differential as Lieutenants.

Agreed though that Ishida has been wasting a ****-load of time with what he's been doing, given the fact he quite handily beat one of the Privaron I imagine he might've been able to take Yammy one on one. At the same time though I get the feeling It's Chad is going to have the final fight with Yammy, at least hopefully as in my mind he needs something to make up for his constant Worf Effect or maybe some further explanation of the development of his hollow powers.

Seems things are going to kick off fully next week though. Looking forward to it. [/SIZE]

Of course Yammy's not completely gone. He'll be back to release and pester Ishida and Inoue - perhaps we'll see Ishida, Chad and Inoue (i.e. Ishida and Chad) versus released Yammy? I quite enjoyed those two tag-teaming right at the beginning of the Hueco Mundo arc. Tenth Espada should be well within their abilities (except for the fact the KT hates Chad, so he'll get squashed flat within a chapter...) ... but I'm going off on a tangent now. Shutting up.

[SIZE="1"]I actually really hope that Kubo doesn't waste time on an Ishida and Chad battle against Yammy when we have a Vasto Lorde vs Vizard fight to be enjoying above the dome. Yammy for all intents and purposes has always been filler and there are better battles to see in the real world or Hueco Mundo. Maybe one page a week or so, but certainly not a week's worth of manga.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Can someone explain to me why Ichigo and Uryu were such male reproductive organs to each other for no apparent reason?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
That's the way their relationship has always been. Good friends (rivals) who talk trash to each other as well.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Well, I agree, but...

They usually are like:

Uryu: "HEY KUROSAKI, I'M HEY TO HELP YOU SINCE YOU ARE SO USELESS AND ALL. LEAVE IT TO ME."
Ichigo: "LIKE HELL AM I GONNA ALLOW THAT, JERK! GET OUT OF THE WAY! *kicks Uryu into enemy or something*"

...but this time, they both seemed legitimately unhappy with each other. Maybe I just read it the wrong way, especially since I've been bitter with Bleach lately for being too serious, unlike how it was at the beginning of the series.

I miss the beginning of the series... :animesigh[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Hm, perhaps you're reading too much into it? Ichigo did give off a little smile/smirk after Uryuu was done talking, and retaliated with his own sort of banter. The difference this time around is that it's not funny as it usually is. (Seems as if Kubo's losing his touch with the way he uses comedy in serious situations.)

But yeah, you should read the beginning.

That kick Ichigo did to Uryuu into the hollow was funny. :)

Edit: Ok, maybe it's just me that's not seeing what everyone else is seeing lol.

[SIZE="1"]I actually do think the conversation here is a little darker than it normally is between these two. While I don't want to get involved in a shipping war, Kubo did play up the potential of Uryuu's feelings for Orihime back in Soul Society and now as she has been put in danger directly due to her feelings of unrequited love for Ichigo Uryuu may be a little more peeved with him than usual.

Of course thanks to helping Ichigo Uryuu is also breaking his word with his father (as the Shinigami have intervened and he's still fighting) and he had a nice time with Kurotsuchi prior to this current fight. Perhaps we'll see more on this or perhaps not. [/SIZE]

[COLOR=#503F86]Yeah, there's a lot of emotion riding on the battle, and I don't think it's the place for humour. There was barely any when we got into the meat of the Rescue Rukia arc. Aside from moments in the infirmary and with Yoruichi, from Ichigo vs Renji onwards things took a turn for the serious.[/COLOR]

Ahh, no, then is that the end of the Bleach series???? NOOOOO!!:animecry:

Honestly, though, Ishida sounded like a real prick in the last chapter. After he burned Yummy...oh, sorry, I mean, Yammy, he was just preening around like a peacock. Who does he think will notice? Orihime?

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Yeah, there's a lot of emotion riding on the battle, and I don't think it's the place for humour. There was barely any when we got into the meat of the Rescue Rukia arc. Aside from moments in the infirmary and with Yoruichi, from Ichigo vs Renji onwards things took a turn for the serious.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Actually, on quite a few occasions, after that Ichigo vs Renji (rd 2) fight, there were quite a few comical moments. The tower, Ganju and Hanatoro getting to Rukia, Ichigo arriving on the scene during Rukia's execution [spoiler]Football/Baseball anyone?[/spoiler]. Just to throw some out at ya. While they weren't seriously comical or anything, (I wouldn't have liked it if it had too much comedy and less action) just saying Kubo had a knack for throwing in comedic moments in a lot of serious situations. [spoiler]Ichigo, Renji, Rukia... vs Aizen[/spoiler] As I've stated, though, it's probably just me seeing it as usual rival banter from the two.

Edit: Oh, Aurgelmir, no it's not the end of Bleach, although, I can see Bleach ending in Dec of this year. Especially if this fight between Ichigo and Ulquiorra has a clear cut winner without the good ol' revival trick... Ulquiorra need to [b]kill[/b] Orihime. He's certainly faster than Ichigo. Certainly, he can disappear, bust a quick stab to the chest of Orihime (Uryuu is cannon fodder, he doesn't matter, lol), and get back to fighting Ichigo. (/wishful thinking)

Edit2: Spoilers...

[quote=BA][spoiler]Ulquiorra grows black wings. (murushierago) Murciélago (means bat in Spanish). The kanji means big demon with black wings.

After the wings grow he attacks Ichigo and Ichigo gets his mask broken a little.

Second part is the message from Kubo talking about Bakuman so not really a spoiler.

The name Murciélago does mean bat but apparently there was a famous bull with the name and lamborghini even named a car after him: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murci%C3%A9lago[/url]

Mona @ 2ch

鎖せ 黒翼大魔(ムルシエラゴ)

黒い翼が生える いちごは攻撃くらって仮面微妙に割れました

あれ、バクマンの新妻エイジ
の担当、うちの担当じゃん。
苦労してんね服部さん。〈帯人〉

Also:

ルキアの戦闘もちらっとあった
アルボラの能力カラベラス(兵士を無限につくりだす)っていうのと戦ってた

てか>>725はサブタイトルもあたってるよ

The fighting goes back to Rukia, that Rudoban guy has an ability called caravelas that allows him to keep making new soilders endlessly.[/spoiler][/quote]
Hmm and Grr... (at the same time. So it would be... Grrmm/Hmmrrr) Do we really need to go back to see Rukia and the tree? If Kubo's gonna go back to someone, go back and show me the captains vs the other espadas. She already had the cover... (blue sharingan... Sasuke style...) Don't need to see her fighting too.

[quote name='Magus']Hmm and Grr... (at the same time. So it would be... Grrmm/Hmmrrr) Do we really need to go back to see Rukia and the tree? If Kubo's gonna go back to someone, go back and show me the captains vs the other espadas.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Agreed wasting time with foddergami is pretty irritating during some of the big fights. Well all know Rukia is going to win this fight, either on her own or with the help of Renji or her brother so watching her face a new bunch of enemies is nothing but a yawnfest.

For this though I seriously wish Kubo would pick a fight and stick with it, either the captains in the real world (in which case he shouldn't have moved back to Ichigo) or Strawberry vs Emocar without interruption. As far as I'm concerned unless Uryuu learns how to pull that Quincy Final Form out without losing all his powers (and I imagine that's the Quincy equivalent of a Bankai) then he needs to back off and STFU plz.

Pretty cool about Ulquiorra's release, a lot of people seem to have guessed it already from the fanart but it should make for an interesting fight.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Ch. 345

Oh my... This just might be the best chapter yet. Ulquiorra = Batman... Man Bat.

I don't know... I don't like Ichigo's chances here. Going by these pictures, it looks as if he's lost about a 3rd of his mask already and it just started. Then again, I suppose I shouldn't underestimate Ichigo because we all know that he's notorious for his "super saiyan" power ups. I see a bail out coming. Heh, even if they did show up, I don't like Byakuya or Kenpachi's chances here either. Unless 3 on 1.... =O That actually might be good to see. Kenpachi, Byakuya, and Ichigo vs Ulquiorra... Ok, I'm done with my wishful thinking.

This also makes me wonder if Ichigo is really gonna win this fight here.... I think that someone here mentioned they could see these captains losing this battle and the war continues whereever Aizen plans to go... (I forgot the place.) Could've been another forum.

As Gavin pointed out already, and I agree that this chapter really does look like it's confirming that Ulquiorra's a vasto lordes, and it makes me even more anxious to see the other 3 espadas, especially Stark and Halibel.
===================

Ch. 346

Ichigo's still getting owned.

Just a thought. Can we even go by what Toushiro said about vasto lordes anymore? So far, almost every single espada that've released looks human. Only exception(s) are Zomari (friggin pumpkin. PINK pumpkin at that), Nel, and possibly #9 (forgot his name).

[quote name='Magus']Just a thought. Can we even go by what Toushiro said about vasto lordes anymore? So far, almost every single espada that've released looks human. Only exception(s) are Zomari (friggin pumpkin. PINK pumpkin at that), Nel, and possibly #9 (forgot his name).[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]As I recall Hitsugaya was talking about non-Arrancar Menos when he was talking about their forms becoming more human as they evolved. The fact is that when Arrancar go through Shinigamification it's only natural they'd take on a more human form, in the same way Shinigami take on a Hollow form when they go through Hollowifcation.[/SIZE]

The human-form-equals-Vasto-Lorde thing goes like this: Vasto Lorde [B]Menos Hollows[/B] have a 100% chance of looking completely humanoid when they become Vasto Lorde [B]Arrancars[/B]. It's possible, perhaps even likely, for Adjuchas and Gillian Menos to look completely humanoid when they become Arrancars as well. They just don't have a 100% chance.

Released form is irrelevant. Also, every one of the Espada bar Aaroniero looks humanoid now they're Arrancars. Grimmjow looked like a panther when he was a Menos, and now he looks human - but it's confirmed he was an Adjuchas.

Basically, all Hitsugaya's rule is good for is judging who definitely [B]isn't[/B] a Vasto Lorde (e.g. Aaroniero, Iceringer, Demoura, Grand Fisher) - it is and always has been useless for judging who [B]is[/B].

I know what you mean. (For a start I was expecting released Ulquiorra to look horrifyingly bad-*** and he kind of doesn't.)

At least next week's chapter will make up for it by being called (if I've been ticking off the sins right) 'The Lust'.

Ichi x Ulqui?

[quote name='Raiyuu']Ichi x Ulqui?[/QUOTE]
You've lost all your rights to talk for the next two weeks.

I'll admit that Ulquiorra's release isn't all that great. But I've enjoyed seeing the trouncing that Ichigo's been getting at the moment. (Might as well enjoy it now before Ichigo gets one of those powerups from nowhere.) Then again, I'm anti-main characters when it comes to shounen lol. Not to mention that Ulquiorra is my 2nd favorite in the series... Byakuya still holds that #1 spot. (It's been a constant switch between the 2 though.)

[quote name='Magus']You've lost all your rights to talk for the next two weeks.[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
Seconded.

This week's chapter was a bit meh honestly, Ulquiorra trashes Ichigo around a bit, proclaims him as "only human" knowing full well what happened to so many others who've underestimate his ability to fight.

Personally I reckon Ichigo's inner hollow is going to make a reappearance fairly soon in order to justify Ichigo's next power-boost in order to beat Ulquiorra solo. Or perhaps the other captains still in Hueco Mundo are going to arrive on-scene, Ichigo and Byakuya teaming up to take down Ulquiorra would be an interesting battle.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Am I the only one who thinks Ulquiorra looks like a bit of a drag-queen with his full resurrecion ?

Plot wise it's a bit meh, Orihime is going to get in the way up there and probably lead to some unnecessary injury which will lead to another super power-up for Ichigo.[/SIZE]

While I haven't read the chapter yet (manga break), I have seen a picture of Ulquiorra. It's messed up how [b]one[/b] picture can change your thoughts about a character. This fully transformed Ulquiorra look hideous. Why couldn't he just have a Kenpachi-like powerup? He looks like a complete joke now.

Good thing I decided to take the break when I did.