OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

I skipped most of those bount episodes, but I did manage to catch a couple, and I agree. Uryuu was annoying and for the most part, an idiot. That arc could've been completely over with a few months early had he not went stupid on folks.

However, I don't really care for him in the manga either. He nor Renji (or Chad for that matter) haven't done much of anything than become side show characters who've been turned into comedic relief or a waste of space. Ishida and Chad, after SS arc turned into boring characters to me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="1"]Bount Arc was pretty much just a waste of space, and the fact we've nearly caught up to the manga with the anime again means we're due even more filler before too long.

As for Renji and Ishida, personally I thought it was obvious they're becoming more and more powerful by the chapter. Remember in the initial fight Chad was the bruiser without speed to keep up with Sonido and then by the time he fought the Privaron he was able to match said speed which is considered to be just below an Espada. Not unimpressive stuff. Ishida by the same token made a joke out of his Privarion opponent and although he was beaten by the Mayuri Espada that was down to lot of prior knowledge on the latter's part.

That said when the main character goes from low-seated to elite captain level in the space of a few weeks of course other characters are going to look poorly powered by comparison. Hell it begs the question why Rukia didn't just use Shikai against that first hollow instead of getting nearly killed.[/SIZE]

Perhaps if Ichigo can learn the name of his Hollow, he can learn a controlled Resurreccion-style released state like Chad's? Everything's pointing to his needing a new addition to his arsenal, and the Arrancars are the only ones whose powers he hasn't already harnessed in some way. Maybe an Intensive Training Arc under Neriel is called for?

[SIZE="1"]It would be interesting if knowing Shirosaki's true name had some effect, although he went so far as to tell Byakuya he did not have a name during their fight so it mightn't be the case that he has one at all as compared to Zangetsu. As for the training session under Neliel, that'll have to wait until after Ulquiorra is done curb-stomping our hero.[/SIZE]

[quote name='botar15']Thank's, I couldn't remeber Uryuu's name. So he did get his power back?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]By getting his powers by do you mean his Quincy powers which were lost through using the Quincy Final Form back in Soul Society ? If so yes he got them back quite a while ago actually, back at the start of the Arrancar arc from training with his father.
[/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Is this technically the same fight? Because he hasn't healed and didn't have time to train. So technically this would be a [spoiler]spontaneous powerup[/spoiler], I guess. Props to Kubo for branching out of his norm a little.

[spoiler]This is, of course, until it's revealed that in his mind, Ichigo's been out for about a month, being taught how to use his new Hollow form by Evilgo inside his head.[/spoiler][/FONT]

It'll be a spontaneous powerup [I]a la[/I] Wichigo beating up Byakuya - the powerup happens without the need to train, it's uber-powerful, but it's uncontrollable and has some deleterious effect on Ichigo (probably that his Hollow is in control of his body and, as usual, wants to eat his human soul). Once the spontaneous but dangerous powerup has boosted him to the point where he can end the fight victorious, he'll need a training arc to learn to control it, rather than rely on it to pop up spontaneously when he's in a bind, and to suppress whatever its side-effects turn out to be.

I'm expecting further delving into the sideways-skyscraper world. During Vizard training we saw a glimpse of an inner-inner world (when he spaced out in the middle of fighting Wichigo to get lectured on loosening up and enjoying the fight by Inner Kenpachi), so there's definitely room for development beyond the tried-and-tested "beat Wichigo until he agrees to let you ride him like a horsey" technique.

Basically by the end of this series Ichigo is going to have All The Powers (TM) - Shikai, Bankai, Vizard mask, Arrancar Resurreccion, Royal Guard powers...

Afterthought: I can't help thinking he saw the supposedly released-Espada-only Cero Oscuras and thought, "That matches my colour scheme, I think I'll learn that!" This is the only reason we haven't seen him shooting a Cero since he nearly turned full Hollow in Vizard training - he's been waiting to see if they come in black!

[quote name='Raiyuu']Afterthought: I can't help thinking he saw the supposedly released-Espada-only Cero Oscuras and thought, "That matches my colour scheme, I think I'll learn that!" This is the only reason we haven't seen him shooting a Cero since he nearly turned full Hollow in Vizard training - he's been waiting to see if they come in black![/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
Nice Raiyuu I actually genuinely laughed at that and Lord knows you're probably right in saying it.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Raiyuu']Basically by the end of this series Ichigo is going to have All The Powers (TM) - Shikai, Bankai, Vizard mask, Arrancar Resurreccion, Royal Guard powers...[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]It would kill me (I'd crack up) if, by the time we come to the end of this series that Ichigo still ain't the strongest character in the series.

I don't know which fan crowd gets on my nerves more. Hitsugaya supporters or Orihime supporters. This whole thing about Toushiro beating Halibel would already cause me to stop reading Bleach if that were to happen, but now people are behind the idea of Orihime snapping and beating Ulquiorra.... Seriously, both of those fights would be like Hinamori beating Aizen.... >_<.

Edit: I've come to the fact that I don't like Hyori anymore. Watching this "back in time" part of the story made me realize she's just as bratty as Ed (FMA).

Edit2: So first Ulquiorra and now Ichigo's going the devil-ish route. I suppose this form is decent, but honestly, I've gotten to the point to where I can't even get excited over this stuff anymore. This extended form for Ulquiorra made me lose interest in the guy, so I'm tired of him lol.

Seriously, I'm really tired of seeing everyone in HM's face. (Minus Byakuya, Kenpachi and Unohana) If it's not a captain revealing a bankai, or the top 3 espada, or an ex member of SS, I don't want to see them.
[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Personally I'd rather Ichigo not continue to make gigantic leaps in terms of power until he's the strongest character to make it to the end. One of the big problems that accompanies the "My Kung Fu Is Stronger Than Yours " trope is that newer, stronger enemies need to be constantly added in order to make the story challenging for the hero and it becomes almost dull to just wait for the next villains to show up. I'd rather he stay roughly where he is (and all power-levels in addition to his) and he just learn to use his skills more effectively, or pick up a few new ones (sensing Reiatsu would probably be handy) rather than just "ph34r mah new h0ll0w p0w4s lolrolfwtfpwnagelol!!"

[B][Edit] [/B]Well the new chapter is out, Ichigo wakes up, goes full-on hollow mode (and looks immensely f-ing awesome), Force pulls his sword into his hand, Ceros Ulquiorr'a Obscura Cero out of the way and then proceed to rip off Ulquiorra's arm in their brief probably 15 seconds of renewed combat...and yet as cool as that all was I'm still sort of hoping this is power Ichigo can only achieve in the absolute most dire situations and can never truly control. I'm guessing he's going to tear Ulquiorra to shreds in the next chapter and we're going to have his friends try to calm him down before the other four captains arrive.[/size]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Personally I'd rather Ichigo not continue to make gigantic leaps in terms of power until he's the strongest character to make it to the end. One of the big problems that accompanies the "My Kung Fu Is Stronger Than Yours " trope is that newer, stronger enemies need to be constantly added in order to make the story challenging for the hero and it becomes almost dull to just wait for the next villains to show up. I'd rather he stay roughly where he is (and all power-levels in addition to his) and he just learn to use his skills more effectively, or pick up a few new ones (sensing Reiatsu would probably be handy) rather than just "ph34r mah new h0ll0w p0w4s lolrolfwtfpwnagelol!!"
[/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]As I've stated, powerups can be fun as long as it's not for the same character over and over. I agree, it just grows old and tiring. I blame Goku XD. I also think Ichigo don't need anymore powerups. I'd rather see him learn kido, even if it's a shortcut where he don't need to learn the incantation or something... (those things are stupid anyway)

Speaking of story, what is this story about? I probably could've told you what the story was about when Ichigo inc took a stroll in Soul Society. But ever since stepping foot into Hueco Mundo I lost track of it. You can only go so far with a damsel getting kidnapped and being useless. At least with Naruto (even though it's presented horribly) and One Piece, you can tell what the overall plot is. Sure it's simplistic, but it's there. [/rant]

Edit: As nice as Ichigo getting the upperhand on Ulquiorra sounds, I still have the "meh" feeling towards it.[/FONT]

What's it about, you say? Ichigo's personal arc is all about how far you're willing to go to obtain the power you need to protect the people you love, and how much you're willing to let that power change you. That theme's really at the fore in the most recent events. If Ichigo hadn't changed, Inoue and Ishida would be dead - does that make it okay that he's turned into something so divorced from his normal self that he can't speak, only howl, and sends Inoue, the one he gained this power to protect, flying just to show off the power of his swing?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled fanboy speculation.

Ulquiorra: No matter how much it looks like one, there's no way a human can use a Cero...

Yet we've seen Shinji use one against Grimmjow, while masked (I refuse to use the horrifically clunky term "Hollowfied"). Could this mean what Ichigo is currently going through is another stage of powerup that the Shinj has already mastered?

So we all saw the full-Hollow transformation coming, but we were all expecting him to look like [URL="http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/222/02/"][U]this[/U][/URL], right? What's going on? His mask is completely different. New shape, new design, new horns. It's almost like the Shirosaki we know isn't involved in this.

[EDIT] Plus I was wrong about the Cero Oscuras ... looks like Ichigo's Cero is white (blue? like his spirit power in the anime? or red? like normal Cero in the anime?), presumably to make it less confusing when he and Ulquiorra shoot Ceros at one another...

[quote name='Raiyuu']Ulquiorra: No matter how much it looks like one, there's no way a human can use a Cero...

Yet we've seen Shinji use one against Grimmjow, while masked (I refuse to use the horrifically clunky term "Hollowfied"). Could this mean what Ichigo is currently going through is another stage of powerup that the Shinj has already mastered?

So we all saw the full-Hollow transformation coming, but we were all expecting him to look like [URL="http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/222/02/"][U]this[/U][/URL], right? What's going on? His mask is completely different. New shape, new design, new horns. It's almost like the Shirosaki we know isn't involved in this.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Indeed, although one could speculate that Ichigo has gone one step even further than Shinji and his Vizard in the same way Ulquiorra has gone one step further in his evolution as an Arrancar with the second released form. Until we actually see the Vizard demonstrate their full power it's still utter speculation, although Ichigo's part-hollow form and actions remind me of Kensei during the TBtP arc.

Perhaps Shirosaki isn't even involved in this, Ichigo did make a fairly firm statement that he wasn't coming back, and the fact remains Shirosaki, like Zangetsu is simply a part of Ichigo's own soul rather than a new being. Either way I imagine we'll get more info next week.[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Alright, I officially hate Ishida. At first, I just didn't care for the guy because I found him to be a boring character. In the bount arc he was portrayed as an idiotic character and I dismissed it because those were fake episodes, and that's not how a smart person would act.

Fast forward to the spoilers that I'm hearing about. [spoiler]Ishida gets in the way to prevent Ichigo from finishing Ulquiorra off and gets stabbed.[/spoiler] WHAT?! Are you kidding? [spoiler]He's protecting this same guy that took his arm.[/spoiler] (or so I heard) Turns out that he's just as dumb as he is in that filler arc. Do he just have a knack for dragging things out when fights could've been done with so we can see other people that exist in Bleach? [/FONT]

Edit: I've pretty much caught up with everything now (Naruto as well. I'm gonna read One Piece a little later on.) and from what I've seen from these chapters, they're not as bad as people were making them out to be. Orihime was indeed the annoyance factor once again (seriously, "what to do?" was the best thing she could come up with... How about attempting to heal him), and I continue to hate her for it. I also stand by my little rant about Ishida being stupid... I see what he was doing, but he was still stupid nevertheless.

The highlights on these chapters was the fighting, but what killed it for me was the forms. I don't like neither Ulquiorra's nor Ichigo's transformations. They look like silly jokes that aren't meant to be taken seriously.

I don't have anything to say about Yammy appearing in front of Rukia and gang.

I'm about ready to give up on Bleach...the series has become too predictable for me and not in a good way. The fact that I'm predicting what will happen weeks in advance (and many of my mates will tell you I am) is just a little sad. I saw the ichigo going to [spoiler]Hichigo against Ulquiorra (ok maybe not Hichigo in the true sense but same diff). I saw Ulquiorra being extremely overpowered only to get beat down by Hichigo. I saw Ichigo losing control of himself leading to him stabbing Ishida and almost using Cero on Inoue, and I saw Inoue having a break down.[/spoiler]

What I'd really have like to have seen which would have been completely out of left field would have been Inoue completely losing it and seeing this darker side that Ulquiorra hinted at before he started his battle with Ichigo. I wanted her to be something other than a whiny, annoying character but I guess I expected too much.

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]Hmm... I admit that I laughed for a moment because of what Ichigo said... "Cut off my arm and leg", typical noble-ish talk.. (idiot)

Well, I've tried to ignore it, but when it's that clear, one can't help but to critique it. Kubo should've just gone ahead and have Ulquiorra walk away and then disappear declaring Ichigo as the victor. I suppose the only difference was that Ichigo had horns this time around.

Despite all the similarities and the hideous transformations, I still give this fight about a 3/5. I was entertained by the fighting alone. Ishida was stupid. Orihime was annoying. (I have no pity for her being an emotional wreck. She shouldn't have went up there in the first place.) And they murdered some of the moments for me.

I do agree with you though, Megiddo, somewhat. While I'm against trying to predict outcomes or what's going to happen next (I suck at them so I try not to do it lol), but it was pretty much clear as day as to what was going to take place. I'm ready to drop it for other reasons though.[/size]

What, have we dropped the big 3 now? Hehe.

[quote=Danna @ Bleach Asylum][spoiler][size=1]ウルキの回想から~
It starts from Ulquiorra's flashbacks.

徐々に消えていく井上の姿(自分が塵になっていく過程で)
It's a figure of Orihime which is slowly disappearing (as he's turning to dust)

(なんか色々思ってる このなんちゃらはお前らの頭を砕けばみえるのか~
 頭蓋骨を開いてみればわかるのか?)
He is thinking a lot of things like If I cracked you guys' heads would I be able to see it? If I tried to open your skull would I understand?)
 中略
(The writer skips it)

これが 心(ハート)なのか
Is this a heart?

扉絵はウルキ
The opening page is Ulquiorra.

話は変わりヤミーへ
The scene goes back to Yammy.

上で巨大な霊圧が消える
The huge reaitsu from above fades away.

苺が勝ったのか??
Did Ichigo win...?

ヤミー あ~あせっかく手伝いにいってやろうとしたのに
    やられちまって
Yammy: Ahh... I was trying to help you, but you got beaten up in the end.

3人で話 あいつは10番だいける って見たいな展開に
     なり
Three of them talking: "He's only number 10 so we can win..." It seems something like that is going to happen

ヤミーがぶちぎれて力を解放!超巨大化
Yammy enrages and releases! Choukyotaika (means something like turning to a giant)

ヤミーの10の1が消え 0に
俺は力を解放することで数字が変わるエスパーダよ!!
At number 10 of Yammy, 1 disappears and leaves only 0.
I'm a Espada whose number is changed after the release!!

エスパーダは誰が1~10っていった?
本当は0~9なんだぜえええええええ
Who said Espada is number 1-10?
Actually it's 0-9

3人は愕然
Three of them are astronished.

話は変わり日番谷へ
押される日番谷
The scene changes to Hitsugaya
He's being pushed down

隊長さんってこんなもんかもうしんでいいよ
So a captain is someone like this. It's your time to die.

って所で終わり
Finish [/spoiler][/size][/quote]
Apparently there's another twist with Yammy (I don't know if it's good or bad though...), but I think I'd rather wait and see before speculating about him. Halibel releases?

[SIZE="1"]I know I'm supposed to be on an LoA but seriously I really need to say how utterly stupid [spoiler]Yammi being the so-called 0 Espada truly is. Wonderweiss sure that would have been something interesting because it's been hinted long enough he's of the Espada power-level already. But seriously "I'm the only Espada whose number changes when I release" reeks of a lame attempt at a twist (though I'm sure if M. Night is a fan he'll love this) and makes Yammi even more of a joke that he goes from most powerful Espada to least powerful and can't even release inside Las Nochas.[/spoiler]

So yeah I'll be watching this develop with an utterly cynical eye as to me this has to be one of the lamest moves in Bleach so far.[/SIZE]

Haha, Gavin. I still don't know what to make of Yammy, but I am wondering if he's somewhat like Uryuu... Instead of gathering his power from reishi (whatever it's called), or surroundings, or wherever, he's gathering his power from all the fallen espada... "shrugs"

That's not where my interest is at right now.

There's another translation at BA stating that [spoiler]someone has interfered with the fight between Halibel and Hitsugaya, and they're speculating that it's Ukitake.[/spoiler] If that's true then forget this chapter, I want the next chapter.

[SIZE="1"]Based on further translation fan speculation seems to be that Yammy's transformation in the 0 Espada can't be done at will but only after he's gathered enough energy to do so. Based on his actions in the real world where he was the only Arrancar to bother to train soul energy from others that does make sense I suppose. Still don't like the idea overall and yes seeing a fight between two characters who haven't received massive power-ups (Ukitake and Halibel) that would certainly be welcome. Let Histugaya fight Stark's instead fraccion if he wants, kids should play together after all.[/SIZE]

So much for the interference... It was false.

Err.... Yammy. It's hard to take this form seriously. Like almost every other espada, this form looks like a complete joke. All I see is another version of Grand Fisher this time it has a tatoo of a 0.

I'm still not going to say anything about him being the "strongest" or weakest espada, however, I'm not jumping ship and saying he's the strongest, that's for sure.

Here's hoping that espadas 1-3 has decent forms after releasing.

[quote name='Ikillion'][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]

Death in Bleach? You lost me.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh I guess that's a fair point, it's still pretty vague over what happens when a Shinigami is killed as it seems to flip between the idea of them being reborn as normal humans or just ceasing to exist altogether. Either way it would still mean [spoiler]we might finally be rid of Hitsugaya[/spoiler].[/SIZE]