OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[size=1][color=navy]Is it sad for me to say that the best part of this whole war is Hiyori being cut in 2? Seriously, her being cut in two has turned this into something like a race against time and made the situation a lot more interesting. No healers are there with them outside of Hacchi and it seems like he needs both his hands to do any sort of healing. I wonder if Urahara is going to show up (if he shows up) with everyone.. (Tatsuki, Keigo and what's his name included?)

I thought I would like Kensei's bankai, but I'm not sure that I do. I have to see more.

Edit: I'm currently reading the TBTP part again and I'm starting to wonder if Isshin was one of the folk in the Maggot's nest... I think this was brought up before... (Reading it now, that theory is starting to sound nice about now.)[/size][/color]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]Apparently I was wrong about Yammy being saved for Unohana, as it appears at least initially Ichigo is going to be the one fighting him. Nice to see Kubo has swapped realms again without bothering to resolve the cliffhangers he creates like a better story-teller would. Or maybe even flip between both each week to remember that they do take place at roughly the same time.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]I definately would like to see a flip-flop sort of thing from now on since when Kubo spends time on one specific place for so long he takes forever to move it along.

I don't know what to think about this weeks chapter. I'm hearing Ichigo's mask now has a horn... What, he automatically gets that upgrade now.. phooey. I know it'll just repeat with the training and all but still... I rather take that training over seeing Ichigo automatically know how to tame that beast.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]I don't know what to think about this weeks chapter. I'm hearing Ichigo's mask now has a horn... What, he automatically gets that upgrade now.. phooey. I know it'll just repeat with the training and all but still... I rather take that training over seeing Ichigo automatically know how to tame that beast.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1]As far as I know whether or not his mask now resembles his newer hollow form is still up for debate as nja couldn't remember if it did or it didn't (or at least that's what it said on Bleach Asylum's thread). While I do agree with you to a point that Ichigo shouldn't suddenly have full control over his new hollow strength level, I really, really don't want Kubo to stretch things out any more by giving Ichigo a training session. Besides from his fights so far it appears he gets more attuned with his Vizard powers by fighting other hollows rather than training with other Vizard, and given he's about to fight the Zero Espada...[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]About that mask thing... Yeah, totally blown out of proportion on my end. Thinking about it now, it'll definately be the same process as the last time and I don't really fee like bringing up the obvious "repetition" factor.

Anyway, there's definately a mask upgrade there, minus the horns and hair. And I think I like this one a little more than the previous. Ichigo on the other hand... I gotta admit that this was the best chapter I've seen him in in a long time. Other chapters he's usually pissing me off with his "rush-in" tactics and stupidity in how he fight. This chapter he has more of a "bad***" pressence in how he's dealing with Yammy.

I'm not so upset to see him again, hehe. I still would've preferred to see one of the other captains (except Mayuri) fight Yammy, but Ichigo was right there, so I suppose it don't bother me.[/size][/color]

[SIZE="1"]Agreed, I liked an awful lot about this chapter. There was an edge to it that hasn't been there for a long time which is very welcome. I'm rather glad they've stuck with Ichigo's new mask for the most part, it's a huge improvement over his old one and looks properly intimidating.

I'm also betting Second Resurrection Ulquiorra actually did exceed the other Espada in terms of power, given Ichigo's claims he can "crush" Yammy.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I'm also betting Second Resurrection Ulquiorra actually did exceed the other Espada in terms of power, given Ichigo's claims he can "crush" Yammy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=navy]Perhaps, although, I'm still of the opinion that Yammy's not stronger than Ulquiorra or the other 3 for that matter. But then again, the espada are ranked on destructive power so in terms of brute strength, maybe so. But I'm not sure if I really want to think about the rankings anymore.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]Perhaps, although, I'm still of the opinion that Yammy's not stronger than Ulquiorra or the other 3 for that matter. But then again, the espada are ranked on destructive power so in terms of brute strength, maybe so. But I'm not sure if I really want to think about the rankings anymore.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
Well I say that because it would mean Ichigo using both bankai and mask would be weaker than Kyouraku using just his shikai otherwise, which would be a bit...lame to be honest.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]
Well I say that because it would mean Ichigo using both bankai and mask would be weaker than Kyouraku using just his shikai otherwise, which would be a bit...lame to be honest.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=navy]Took me a while to come up with a comeback... "coughs" Honestly, before people brought up the whole "trope" talk (other places..) I had Ichigo weaker than the 4 captains with his mask and bankai. Still do in a sense. Shunsui did beat Stark with a shikai, and Ichigo couldn't do much of anything against Ulquiorra with his initial release. I'm not convinced Yammy's "0" ranking mounts to anything. Unless he (of all people) actually do something. Now if you're saying Ichigo (going buck wild) > Shunsui then I'll agree.

The one that's been convincing me of anything as of late is Wonderweis (sp?).[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Regarding Wonderweiss, I've always been kind of hesitant to consider him a particular danger. He may indeed be more powerful than those in the current roster of the Espada but clearly his limited intelligence or limited displays of intelligence are going to work against him in his fights.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Having read the chapter my "OMG Kubo >_<" sentiments from the spoilers have subsequently become "OFFS Kubo! >_<"

Seriously, we can now say vizard+bankai Ichigo is weaker than a Byakuya without having to even release his sword. I mean really, Yammy took a Getsuga Tenshou to the neck from Ichigo at full power and it "nicked him"...then Byakuya cut off one of his legs with a sealed sword... >_< Kenpachi also seems fairly confident he can slice and dice Yammy so is that another captain Ichigo previous defeated that is now somehow stronger than him ?

I'm genuinely hoping this is just a case that Ichigo's new hollow mask has somehow thrown his powers out of kilter (going back to Hichigo's warning not to die before he reappeared, which he did twice) and it's somehow restricted him to less than his original bankai strength. If not then serious "Oh for ****'s sake" is about the only reaction I can give based on this latest power-scale re-jigging.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]I don't know, I didn't find this chapter to be upsetting. Then again any time Byakuya's on the scene it will always nullify my initial problem with a chapter lol.

I was under the impression that Kenpachi was the one that sliced Yammy's leg off. Kind of hard to imagine him arriving on the scene to do nothing.

I don't really have much to say about the chapter other than what I've always thought when it came to power. Ichigo's bankai does nothing in terms of power.[/size][/color]

[SIZE="1"]Originally I thought it was Kenpachi who cut off the leg, but he berated Byakuya for taking the first shot which he'd hardly count a kidou as given the 11th's view on them. That to me insinuates it was Byakuya who took the leg.

You're right about his bankai not making him any more powerful compared to shikai in terms of raw power. I just take issue with the idea captains he was previously shown to be stronger than can now defeat an enemy he could barely scratch at full power. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Originally I thought it was Kenpachi who cut off the leg, but he berated Byakuya for taking the first shot which he'd hardly count a kidou as given the 11th's view on them. That to me insinuates it was Byakuya who took the leg.

You're right about his bankai not making him any more powerful compared to shikai in terms of raw power. I just take issue with the idea captains he was previously shown to be stronger than can now defeat an enemy he could barely scratch at full power. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Well Ichigo did go through that long fight with Uliquorria(sp?) So maybe he didn't do so much cause he's getting worn down? I mean, at the end of the chapter, he wasn't able to summon his mask either.

[quote name='Rurouni922']Well Ichigo did go through that long fight with Uliquorria(sp?) So maybe he didn't do so much cause he's getting worn down? I mean, at the end of the chapter, he wasn't able to summon his mask either.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]I don't know, he didn't give any indication he was suffering physically after his fight although I did say in my second last post that the changes in his hollow form might be causing issues with his power.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Nice to see Kubo has swapped realms again without bothering to resolve the cliffhangers he creates like a better story-teller would.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Are you sure you know what the term 'cliffhanger' means? If the cliffhangers were resolved before he switched realms, they wouldn't be cliffhangers.

[quote name='Raiyuu']Are you sure you know what the term 'cliffhanger' means? If the cliffhangers were resolved before he switched realms, they wouldn't be cliffhangers.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]Yes, yes, fine a mis-wording. His failure to resolve the plots in the real world and moving back to Hueco Mundo was lazy from a story-telling point of view albeit my view is the real world fights were mostly lazy seeing as they served no real value from a story point of view.
[/SIZE]

[quote][spoiler]Nja spoiler translation by Nez
扉絵は 剣八と白夜さんでした。
Cover shot is Kenpachi and Byakuya

今回は・・・ 簡単にいうと
This time, its simple
ヤミーそっちのけで(剣八はヤミーに殴られ吹っ飛ばされますが ハエみたいなパンチで温いんだ よで終わり)
Focus is on Yammi (Yammi hits Kenpachi which sends him flying. It was a weak air shot but it does the job)
途中顔がキモイマユリ?wが登場し
In the middle of the fight, Mayuri rears his ugly face.
ここの実験施設を解析しいつでもゲートを開けるマシンを作ったと長々説明し
There is a very long explanation but he is here to perform an experiment with a machine he invented which can open gates whenever he wants
マユリ 黒崎イチゴお前は現世へちゃんといけるか実験体一号になってもらう
Mayuri: Kurosaki Ichigo by successfully travelling to the real world you would become the no.1 experimental candidate
卯の花隊長が現れ 私も現世にいきます といい
Captain Unohana appears and says she will head for the real world too
マユリ おやおや四番隊隊長さんみずから私の実験の実験体に失敗しても知りませんよ?と皮肉っ ぽくいい
Mayuri sarcastically responds: Goodness! Even is the 4th squad captain becomes an experiment candidate for my experiment, there is no way to know if it fails. But I am fine with that.
負けじと 卯の花隊長が この実験失敗はありませんは絶対に成功します。だって失敗して浦原さ んの耳に入っ たら小ばかにされて笑われてしまうでしょうからね
といいあい
Undaunted by danger, Unohana responds: There is no chance this experiment will fail, it will succeed. Because if Urahara-san hears of this, he will make fun of and laugh at you.
イチゴ しかしあいつはやばい(ヤミーに対して)
Ichigo: But this guy is powerful.
白夜 兄はなんとか町の死神代行だろ・・・兄の町の守るのが兄の仕事だろ
Byakuya: You're that town's substitute shinigami... isn't it your job to protect that town..
イチゴ !!!!!!!
Ichigo: !!!!!!!!!!!!
イチゴ わかったいってくると卯の花さんとワープする所で完です
Ichigo says he understands, then proceeds to warp away with Unohana ending the chapter.

ちょっとみにくいけどごめん
Nja apologises for posting in such a garbled manner.[/spoiler][/quote]

[size=1][color=navy]Hmm... Can't put my finger on it but this sounds real familiar, like I just heard this recently in one of those Bleach movies or in one of those episodes.... That whole snippet about Ichigo's duty... Conversation between Kenpachi and Ichigo? Maybe?

Anyway, nothing exciting going on this week.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]Hmm... Can't put my finger on it but this sounds real familiar, like I just heard this recently in one of those Bleach movies or in one of those episodes.... That whole snippet about Ichigo's duty... Conversation between Kenpachi and Ichigo? Maybe?

Anyway, nothing exciting going on this week.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
It sounds vaguely like when Ichigo and co were going to Soul Society the first time with Urahara's gateway. But yeah you're right there's nothing major happening this week.

On the plus side Kenpachi finally made his debut in the new filler, I imagine most of the zanpakutou wet themselves when they realised.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]Kenpachi's appearance was sort of out of nowhere (anime), but nevertheless, I'm glad to see him. Wonder if he's going to fight against Byakuya... ("mouth waters")

As for this chapter. Definately more comedic and build up over everything else, although I didn't do much laughing outside of seeing Kenpachi trying to cut Ichigo. However, Byakuya really stole this chapter for me.

"This is no place for you to be. I suggest you hurry off to the human world and out of my sight."

That line alone sold this chapter. Not really all that thrilled about Mayuri though. "shrugs"[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]While I am yet again irritated at the screwing around with relative power levels I must admit there was one particular line which piqued my curiosity for its potential future impact:

[/SIZE][center][SIZE=1][IMG]http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/Mayuri.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE]
[/center]
[SIZE=1]
And his use of the term again 2 pages later.

Now, is this merely Mayuri remarking on Ichigo's status as a Vizard ? Or more interestingly could it be Mayuri revealing he knows of Ichigo's parentage and thus his father's true identity ? Perhaps I'm over analysing but it still struck me as I was reading the chapter.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]You know what really kills me about Bleach? The fact that Soul Society condones everything that Mayuri's done. Blew up his own folks. Had Uryuu's grandfather killed... (And the fact that Uryuu is ok with this still puzzles me. This guy should be taking aim at him all the time) Do people really want folks like that to protect them?

I brought that up because I'm really iffy about Mayuri right now. I've never trusted that bastard since his first appearance. (And I just hate mad scientists) I really wish he get did in. Anyway, the interaction between him and Ichigo was pretty decent. The conversation between Unohana and Ichigo was ok. Predictable (although I didn't want to believe it would turn out that way), but still ok.

This really has me thinking that Aizen's going to either win this fight or he's going to pull a Naraku and high-tail it out of there. I just don't see Ichigo winning this fight at the moment. (Unless Bleach is coming to an end, but there's talk about another arc)

Edit: A chapter with Byakuya in it and I didn't mention him... Put Mayuri in his place, Kuchiki.[/size][/color]

[SIZE="1"]As much as I like Mayuri I have to agree, whatever results he has achieved for Soul Society in his time as 12th Division Captain cannot possibly outweigh his vast offences against morality. Sure it's been one of the main underlying concepts of Bleach for a while now that Soul Society is really not better than Hueco Mundo in the way they run things (with the exception they don't eat one another, but then they're not physically forced to).

Unless you're a Shinigami you live in the slums of Rukongai, if you happen to have been born any time outside the Edo/Sengoku era you're in for a hell of a readjustment in terms of the way of life and it seems Seireitei has no interest in ever doing anything about fixing things. Sure the Quincy may have brought their own extinction upon themselves (if you continue destroying the only source of souls in the world you're in for an asskicking which leads to questions about Uryuu's new bow) but even that is considered a minor blip on Soul Society's moral map. Let's not even get into the whole Pre-Crime thing they've got going on in the 2nd Division.

It would be nice to see Ichigo actually chew someone out about it, but I can't see that happen.

Regarding this week's chapter I'm really pulling a O_o face. Apparently the huge gap between Aizen's and Ichigo's powers back in SS was an advantage to Ichigo because it meant Aizen nearly bisected him without bothered to hypnotise him first. The fact remains however that Aizen is more powerful than any of the Espada, Ichigo's powers are going through flux (I hope anyway because it's the only way to explain current power-levels) and Aizen may have indeed Hollowified himself after getting his hands on the Hougyoku. So basically all that means is that Ichigo has to get another power boost (or control his newer hollow form) or basically Aizen won't have to bother with shikai again when he nearly (or outright) kills this time. Anyone see Soul Society's logic ?[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]I thought this chapter was pretty good. Funny moments between Byakuya and Kenpachi. I'm definately being teased by both the manga and anime. Just give me my fight already. I'll say Kubo is the best writer ever if I can get that fight.

One thing I wish for is that Ichigo fight like he's supposed to be stronger than the captains. Because the way he is, he does way too much sandbagging (and in the process, makes me start hating him for it) till I lose interest in the guy. (Fighting-wise, him and Kenpachi are identical yet Kenpachi has been shown to get straight to the point at times, or other times he's just bad$$$)[/size][/color]