OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

True enough. But this is Kubo (as well as shonen), and we have to beat around the bush before revealing our "secret weapons" (as Shunsui puts it). But I'd be completely satisfied if Kubo goes straight to their bankai's. 2 bankai's vs released Stark... (Do it Kubo)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Magus']True enough. But this is Kubo (as well as shonen), and we have to beat around the bush before revealing our "secret weapons" (as Shunsui puts it). But I'd be completely satisfied if Kubo goes straight to their bankai's. 2 bankai's vs released Stark... (Do it Kubo)[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]True enough, the whole Hueco Mundo story has had plenty of procrastination so I'm not really expecting to see Shunsui or Ukitake's bankai for at least two or three chapters yet. Still Stark's resurrecion makes up for it if we get said chapters dedicated specifically to it.

[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Stark's release looks pretty powerful, which is fitting, and I am hoping to see the shikai abilities of the two captains in the this weeks chapter and bankai's by the next weeks. Kinda curious about Soifon and friends but I don't want the focus point to switch away from Stark's fight. Aizen hasn't been shown in a while, not even to comment on Harribel's death. Still waiting for the Vizard to show up and for the rest of the captains who are just sitting around to actually do something.

Just when we'd all forgotten about Wanderweiss, he's back. And long after we'd all forgotten about the scary one-eyed thing Hisagi saw in the Garganta waaaaaay back in chapter 178, when Aizen was escaping at the end of the Soul Society arc, that's back too, and looks like it might be even bigger than released Yammy (unless it IS released Yammy, but he definitely had two eyes).

If Ukitake and Kyouraku end up going bankai to defeat Starrk, maybe whatever this thing is will force Yamamoto to go bankai too...?

[SIZE="1"]Well apparently Kubo has been giving us the run-around for about the last 12/14 chapters. Sneak-peek at this week's release reveals that [spoiler]the Top 3 are all fine as was expected, Wonderweiss is indeed the most powerful Espada given he 1-shots Ukitake, Aizen and co. leave their fire prison and the Vizards finally show up.[/spoiler] Now I'm just wondering why Kubo felt it necessary to drag all that crap out for so long, and how long it's going to take the next arc to reach conclusion.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
No one has really said much in a while, but i think this weeks chapter is going to be boring, it'll be another suspense build up for next weeks chapter. The only interesting thing in the spoilers was [spoiler] the masks of each of the Visard, some are really awesome, some are disappointing... like Roes's [/spoiler]. I guess i am mildly excited about seeing who is going to be fighting who, because we have a lot of things that need to be revealed. I think the fact that more characters are being introduced (not sure if Bleach needs them, they already have a huge character base) but it also means that if I don't see all of the Vizard's shikai and bankai I will be sad.

[SIZE="1"]I'm actually at a loss as to why people dislike Rose's Vizard mask so much, as far as I can see it fits his personality (or rather a Hollow version of Rose's personality) quite well. Admittedly it's not my favourite mask, that being a toss-up between Hachi's and Love's (I'm guessing Hachi's Hollow must be a relation of Dondochaka from the family resemblance) but overall I think it's pretty good. Lisa's mask on the other hand seems the worst for me, if only because there's nothing to it.

Funnily enough I figured Kubo was going to keep us waiting ages to see each of the Vizard's masks but I guess he teased us enough with TBtP.[/SIZE]

I agree, Gavin - Lisa's is the worst of the new batch, while Rose's and Hachi's are the coolest (though Hiyori's is still the coolest overall). Not with you on Love's at the moment - seems kind of meh - though it might grow on me once I've seen more of it.

He might not count, but I dislike Ichigo's mask most of all. Also, is Hachi going to fight? I did't think him using his mask increases his spell's power. I guess I was expecting him to heal the injured people (since I doubt Kira can regrow arms), while the others fight. And... why is everyone shocked that the Superchunk-Cyclops spit out a bunch of Menos. Yes, it was kind of unexpected, but what are a bunch of Menos going to do against Captains and Vizard?

Shunsui looks kind of weird without his hat.. Starks release is awesome. Gunslinging in a samurai-ish setting... (The convo between Stark and Lily was pretty funny... To see him crack his head with the gun...) Pretty good chapter overall.

Ukitake just became even more interesting. Starks deducing skills is pretty sharp. It's the Wonderguy... Not that I really mind it, but I don't see the attraction he's getting from people. I guess a lot of people are just into the wacky looking characters "shugs" To each their own.

They're finally free. And they're finally on scene.... Now where's Urahara, Yoruichii, and Isshin?

It's kind of funny to actually see a shocking expression on Yama-ji's face. Let's see...I can't really see Lisa's mask. I don't really care about the bird look on Rose. I can't see Love's mask. And I just don't like Hacchi's mask one bit. I still prefer Kensei's mask over all. I still want to see Bankai's over everything else.

[quote name='Lawliet']And... why is everyone shocked that the Superchunk-Cyclops spit out a bunch of Menos. Yes, it was kind of unexpected, but what are a bunch of Menos going to do against Captains and Vizard?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]This was actually something I was a bit surprised by as well, given the way the guys have been dealing with Adjuchas class menos without too much difficulty a bunch of Gillian shouldn't be any problem, especially to captains. Hell Yama-jii himself should be able to toast them all with a single swipe.

Also, I guarantee Ichigo's bull mask is going to replace his previous one. Hmm, now it's a toss-up between his and Hachi's for my favourite. :animesmil[/SIZE]

The spoilers were ok, although I'm a little confused why [spoiler] all of the Vizard decided they needed to own up the Menos, I think one of them would have been enough. [/spoiler] In my opinion Hachi gained 50 cool points and I like how [spoiler] Rose seems to be able to use music as a weapon of some kind while wearing his mask. [/spoiler] I had forgotten that some hollows that have more abilities than just the generic ones, like all the ones from the first arc.

Hmm... This week is more of a build up chapter since it seems like we're just getting match ups...

Rose/Love vs Stark
Lisa/Hyori vs Halibel
Hacchi vs Barragan (oh great... This is probably going to be the most boring fight of all.)
Komamura/Hisagi vs Tousen
Kensei/Mashiro vs a bunch of hollows... (Oh come on. Kensei should be fighting an espada)

[SIZE="1"]Hmm not that great a plot development really, switching one set of captains for another set though I get the feeling Barrigan vs Hachi could be rather interesting. As for Kensei fighting an Espada, I'd have said he should've teamed up with Hisagi and Komamura against Tousen and Wonderweiss, although that may still occur.

Don't see why it needs to be 2 on 1 for Stark though, Ukitake and Shunsui had him under control pretty well, subbing in two Vizards who were former Captains seems a bit overkill.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Magus']Tousen got a shot in on Shinji. Quite unexpected.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Indeed. That said it was one captain cutting another so perhaps it's not that surprising. Honestly I found it more surprising that Tousen claimed he always knew he'd end up fighting Komamura, always seemed more like he'd be trying to covert Koma to his side, unless of course his least blood spiel was just spiel.

The 3 minute vizard rule seems to have come out of nowhere though. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Rurouni922']I thought they were just being smartasses.[/QUOTE]
I would hope so. Having Ichigo being the only one who can hold his mask forever (even though he's the main character) would not be cool.

[quote name='Rurouni922']I thought they were just being smartasses.[/QUOTE]

I definitely think that was the case. If they could only hold it for three minutes I don't think they would have wasted it on Menos.

Tosen always seems to be the one doing all the fighting out of the three ex-captains, like cutting off Grimjaw's arm and now his attempted decapitation of Shinji, which makes me wonder if he secretly likes battles and bloodshed.

Not really sure if I like Hiyori and Lisa fighting Harribel. Hitsugaya had all sorts of issues with her and he was a captain, they are both lieutenants. The same goes for Hachi, Soifon couldn't even scratch her espada and she is a captain. I think Hachi is going to heal her arm and then they work together or something like that.

I guess Shinji is free to attack Aizen all he wants, since Gin doesn't seem too concerned, though I would like some Gin vs. Shinji action. Which would leave Yamamoto to fight Aizen.

I don't know. Power rankings are still garbage here... However, I would not discredit Lisa, Hyori or Hacchi because they were VC's way before Toushiro was there, and we have no idea what seat Soifon was while they were in SS. (VC is definately out of the question though.) And then we just don't know how much of a boost shinigami's get from going hollow... (We do know it varies) There are too many holes here. (Thanks Kubo >_>)

I do know how you came to that though, Lawliet. Basing all of these fights off of Ichigo and Ulquiorra? :)

Someone at another forum said that the vaizards could've been overhyped, and while I don't want to jump the gun just yet, I can definately see this. But then again, I suppose that the top 3 espada and vaizards could've been overhyped at this point. Nobody's really living up to their status. (But this can change next week.)

Hmm. I was also kinda thinking that if Shinji can still be cut by another captain then 100 years may not be enough time to do any drastic increases to your shinigami powers. Granted I don't remember how long its suppose to take to achieve and master bankai, but I don't see the VCs capable of preforming on a captain's level yet, mask-less of course.

I'm now a believer of the over hype theory though :animesmil, it never occurred to me that any character was less awesome than I had imagined.

I want more reveals and I want to see Gin and Yamamoto do something!

Another reason I'm not willing to discredit the VC vaizards is because, like you said. The time they've been out of SS, we don't know how much they've been training or if they were slacking like Yoruichi.

[quote name='Lawliet']Hmm. I was also kinda thinking that if Shinji can still be cut by another captain then 100 years may not be enough time to do any drastic increases to your shinigami powers.[/quote]
Vaizards don't have hard skin :D.