OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[SIZE=1]Seems Kubo has resolved the hiccup in regard to Ichigo's power flux, although it still felt like a bit of an asspull to me.

Even if Ichigo's regular reiatsu is twice that of a regular captain now (ZOMG Aizen parallels!) it still doesn't explain why Kenpachi is apparently able to match his new strength what with dismembering Yammy in new ways every chapter. Does this mean Ichigo's strength hasn't really grown all that much since Soul Society or that Byakuya and Kenpachi received major power-ups when nobody was looking ? With Kenpachi I'd accept the possibility he's learned to commune with his zanpakuto, or has at least tried and this isn't instinctively fighting it any more.

Meh I guess we're waiting 2 weeks for any further explanations though, damn breaks.
[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=forgot the place they go to][spoiler]スマソ
うーん今回はですね
憤怒でさらにヤミーが巨大化し戦闘へ
By getting angry, Yammi gets bigger and goes to fight.
後は自らアイゼン様が戦闘にたつと宣言
Then Aizen declares he'll fight himself.
それを聞いたトウセンが顔に手に当て 新しき力をアイゼン様がくださったのだ
と仮面をつけるような仕草をした所で完です
When Tousen hears that he places his hand over his face and says this is the new power that Aizen-sama had given him. He motions like he's donning a mask and that's the end of the chapter. [/spoiler][/quote]

[size=1][color=navy]Oh ####.. There were theories about it, but still... The thought of Aizen being a vaizard (I know, it's Tousen) makes one really wonder what can Ichigo really do with his one trick pony moves...

But with that being said, I still want to know Aizen's bankai.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Hmm, personally I had Gin pegged for revealing he's a Vizard first but Tousen is acceptable I suppose given his hand in the creation of the original Vizards.

I've never much cared for the idea of Aizen and co. becoming Vizards, sure it's been highlighted as a plot point for ages but it seems to be just another way of creating a reason for Ichigo to have his power boosted to even more ridiculous levels and drag the story on another six months. Relatively speaking that's all the Arrancar were, and that's all Vizard Bad-Guys are going to be.

[B]Edit:[/B] So more spoilers are out, Aizen and Shinji have a bit of a chat about Aizen's "follow me but don't trust me" ideology and Yammy is a blatant Hulk rip-off but is still going to die in the new few chapters more than likely.

Turning to the anime I'm convinced Yamamoto is the greatest f-ing moron in the entire series. Apparently not only did he know exactly who and what Muramasa was, and what he was capable of doing, but he sealed himself away without telling any of his subordinates any of the above information (including that he was going to seal himself) thereby playing right into Muramasa's hands by allowing him to fool the Shinigami into thinking he had been the one to seal Yamamoto away. I mean seriously, what kind of half-brained, senile, fool does that ?

Oh and apparently Muramasa can tank Ichigo's Vizard Getsuga Tenshou without a problem, and now he can control Ryuujin Jakka, h4x is all I have to say about that.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]And this filler was doing so much better than the manga, and then it pulls garbage like that.... >_> I suppose Yama-ji is just as dumb in the filler as he is in the manga though. That much has not changed. I really hate how they have Byakuya in it too, or rather, I hate how they have him keep on harping about his pride, not to mention the whole betrayal thing... I'll stop here before I tear a whole in what I've seen of the anime as of late.

Anyway, these shounen series really have a knack for dragging fights out entirely too much when they can do without it. Do we really need to see Yammi harp and transform everytime he gets angry?

This chapter was a bit of a letdown with Tousen being the savings grace of it. (for me anyway)

Speaking of old man Yama, is he really going to just stand there while Aizen and company are right there in front of him?[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]Speaking of old man Yama, is he really going to just stand there while Aizen and company are right there in front of him?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1]A tentative probably, based on his actions in the story so far he doesn't seem that pushed to do anything unless there's a clear call for him to get involved. The fact that Aizen is considerably beyond most of the current uninjured roster of Captains would seem to dictate he acts but I get the feeling he's just going to keep watching for the minute.

Of course nobody dies in Bleach so it doesn't make any real difference.

[B]Edit[/B]

So, Tousen's unofficial status as Bleach's greatest dickhead just got physical evidence.

[IMG]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6250/108846.jpg[/IMG]
[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]So, Tousen's unofficial status as Bleach's greatest dickhead just got physical evidence.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=navy]"Falls out of chair." That caught me all off guard.

Err... I don't know what to think... Is that really supposed to be a vaizard mask? A little bland... then again, I suppose it matches him. Am I the only one that would rather see a Tousen vs Kensei showdown?

Can't figure out who it is, but I'm pretty certain I saw that mask style on a Marvel character...[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Based on the current speculation, although it's limited to that one picture for the moment, Vizards which are fully derived from the Hyogoku (like Tousen) as opposed to merely stabilised after initial Hollowification (Shinji) also get a change of form to go with the mask (something about the lines going down Tousen's neck and arm, as well difference in his costume prior to donning the mask).

Someone also compared it to Ichigo's second Hollow form, which raises the idea of "second generation" Vizards (Ichigo and Tousen) being able to call out more of their Hollow form rather than just the mask. I'm sort of leaning that way myself, but I'd need more pictures before I decide fully.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]Another thing that's been bothering me about this chapter is, how does Komamura know about Ichigo's thoughts about his hollowfication or rather, how do he know whether Ichigo's asked for it or not? I'm assuming the captains are smart enough to put 2&2 together and figure out about Ichigo's hollowfication when Shinji mentioned they were Ichigo's allies.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]Another thing that's been bothering me about this chapter is, how does Komamura know about Ichigo's thoughts about his hollowfication or rather, how do he know whether Ichigo's asked for it or not? I'm assuming the captains are smart enough to put 2&2 together and figure out about Ichigo's hollowfication when Shinji mentioned they were Ichigo's allies.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE="1"]Personally I imagine the Gotei 13's knowledge about Ichigo thought's on Hollowification and whether or not he asked about it all come from the same two sources, Ichigo himself and probably more importantly Urahara. Urahara is the one who made Ichigo a naturalised Vizard (the only one in the series so far) and I'd be fairly confident that Ichigo probably has on occasion spoken to the former 12th Division Captain about his thoughts on being what he is (given he doesn't seem to fully trust the Gotei 13, or perhaps just Yamamoto).

Knowledge coming from Ichigo probably came in in the period after Aizen left for Hueco Mundo but before Ichigo returned to the real world. We don't know exactly how much time he spent in Seireitei, but he seems familiar enough with all the captains (and lieutenants) to talk to them as if he knows them well enough. I imagine Yama-jii probably hauled Ichigo for a little talk either with himself alone, with a few senior captains or in front of all the remaining loyal captains and found out about how he became a Shinigami (Vizard) again and Byakuya probably reported about his Hollow form that he encountered.

At least that's my take on how Soul Society seems to know Ichigo so well, I'm surprised though they've not worked out his Shinigami parentage (although I suspect they have with all the Half-Shinigami remarks) yet.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]Not really sure how I feel about the chapter right now. I like it because Shinji released, but with that same notion I'm like "Shinji, shutup. Aizen's going to make you bite your tongue". (Asking Aizen if he's scared... Seriously..?)

Tousen's becoming more anal by each chapter. I wonder if the rule that applied to the espada applies to him as well? Release and he dies.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]Tousen's becoming more anal by each chapter. I wonder if the rule that applied to the espada applies to him as well? Release and he dies.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Possibly, I'm more intrigued by the fact Tousen even has access to a resurrecion form. I saw a theory over on Bleach Asylum that basically equated the Vasto Lordes to Claymore's Abbysal Ones and while I'm not convinced by the theory itself it did cause me to mull over the idea for a bit.

Either way unless someone steps in for Komamura, or Komamura displays some previously hidden power then I'm afraid Soul Society may be about to receive its first casualty in the winter war.

Regarding Aizen and Shinji, I have to say I think Shinji's zanpakutou could give Aizen a scare, as he so eloquently put it, Aizen's isn't the only one which controls the senses of others and Aizen has never seen Shinji's zanpakutou in action. Plus he is the de facto leader of the Vizards, which considering there's four captains in their rank means he may just be stronger than he looks, and of course there was the Grimmjow fight. All in all, I think it will be interesting.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]It's spoiler time.

[quote=Someone from some place][spoiler]Originally Posted by nez
Quick summary, its really short so not really worth doing an accurate one.

Tousen's transformation looks like Ryuuk from Death note.
Tengen Myoou gets wtfpwned
Hisagi defeats Tousen
Hisagi gets on top of Ryuuk-Tousen and uses Kazeshini to stab his head from behind
There is a flashback of Tousen's friend

Theres some godies featured in Jump this week.
Rukia on the book spine.
First page features Ichigo and Aizen.
Back page has Rukia on it.

There is talk about a movie coming out next winter, details in the next issue.[/spoiler][/quote]

Wait, wha..? There better be a scene of someone being snuck up on because [spoiler]Tousen[/spoiler] going out like that is equivalent to the espadas, but much lamer. I like Hisagi and all, but that throws a huge monkey wrench into things as far as power comparisons go.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][quote name='Magus'][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]It's spoiler time.

Wait, wha..? There better be a scene of someone being snuck up on because [spoiler]Tousen[/spoiler] going out like that is equivalent to the espadas, but much lamer. I like Hisagi and all, but that throws a huge monkey wrench into things as far as power comparisons go.[/COLOR][/quote]

I have to admit, the original "fake" spoiler of Tousen looking like a sort of cricket/grasshopper with scythe hands/weapons beating Komamura and then having Kensei switch out of his fight with Wonderweiss to take over made so much more sense than this.

Seriously Kubo, remember when Allon kicked Hisagi's *** to the point where he was almost dead ? Or how about two chapters ago when you had Tousen stab him through the midsection and fall off the side of a building, again almost dead. So now he just came back and one-shotted the guy who did the same to him who for all intents and purposes should be so far out of Hisagi's league it's unfathomable.

It's probably being set up as cliffhanger for the week after next in which time Tousen will just regenerate the wound and one-shot Hisagi yet again. At least I'm hoping it is, otherwise Bleach is becoming almost intolerably dull and predictable in its fights.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]After reading the chapter, I suppose it's justified now seeing that it was a sneak attack instead of some random plotkai moment. But still, with this being said, Hisagi is the strongest/smartest vice captain in the series simply because he was able to sneak up on Tousen. I know that might be stretching it, but apparently bankai doesn't mean a thing when it comes to vice captains otherwise Renji should be able to win against someone other than a fraccion.

I'm now of the opinion that Renji just flat out sucks.

While I'm a fan of Hisagi, this still makes me feel a little unsatisfied with it. Anyway, I expect that Hisagi will be getting promoted to captain soon.

Tousen has some nerve to call someone ugly with a release that looks like that.. >_> First Zomari and his pumpkin form and now Tousen and his bug form... >_> Seriously, I don't want to sound racist here, but black people can't get any justice whatsoever when it comes to decent resureccions (sp?)[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Well the third last page at least makes it clear that Tousen should've been able to avoid the attack, he was simply so caught up in being able to see and espousing his self-righteous BS that his guard was dropped. Kind of ironic seeing as he nearly killed Kensei in a similar situation. Still I would've expected his hierro to be strong enough to prevent the attack from actually inflicting a mortal wound, although it seems that was the first time Tousen used his resurrecion form.

Funnily enough I don't see Hisagi getting his haori just yet, he still needs bankai to become a captain and I don't think his killing Tousen in the manner he did qualifies him under the "kill your captain in a duel". I've always actually considered Sasakibe Chojiro (1st Division VC) the probable strongest based on his position, although to be fair we've never seen him fight properly. Poor Renji of course is just constantly suffering under the Worf Effect.

As for whether there's ulterior motive in the way Kubo designs certain characters looks, it's interesting that Aizen two most loyal followers were also probably Tousen and Zommari.

That said this chapter gives me great hope that Ichigo will eventually be able to use his "Hell-Knight" resurrecion form as it's been dubbed properly in combat given how awesome it looks.

I'm also hoping Komamura isn't going to kick it after this fight, although Unohana should be on the scene soon hopefully.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]That said this chapter gives me great hope that Ichigo will eventually be able to use his "Hell-Knight" resurrecion form as it's been dubbed properly in combat given how awesome it looks.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=navy]I've never really cared for that form. Take away all that hair then I'd probably like it a bit more, but with that hair, I think it's just blah.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy]I've never really cared for that form. Take away all that hair then I'd probably like it a bit more, but with that hair, I think it's just blah.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE="1"]Funny, I think it's the hair that really completes the look which would otherwise make him look a little too skeletal.[/SIZE]

Been lurking for a long while. Random thoughts on recent chapters:

- Whoop! Tousen confirms that Vizards can access a Resurreccion form. Given that our eight ex-Soul Society Vizards have lived with their powers for a century or more, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that one or more of them will have gained this extra level of release. And, of course, this makes it very likely that Resurreccion will be Ichigo's next upgrade. My bet is that to control it, he'll need to learn the name of his inner Hollow (probably by beating it out of him in sideways-skyscraper-land).

- Re: power level 'confusion' - it utterly rocks that despite Ichigo's main character advantage, the more experienced Captains are still able to take on enemies he can barely scratch. It makes it clear that your 'power level' is not the only arbiter of success in battle, and avoids the Naruto effect whereby after a certain point in the plot, even characters hyped as super-powerful from the beginning (looking at you, Kakashi) are only good for occupying enemies until the protagonist arrives, instead of smacking them down personally.

- On a similar note re: Hisagi's sneak attack on Tousen - there's precedent for this kind of cheap/smart (depending on your point of view) strike. I'm thinking of Rukia's terminal Shirafune versus Aaroniero, and Ilfort impaling Ururu on his Resurreccion form's horn. It's essentially a telefrag - releasing your sword in such a position that the released form materialises inside the target, undodgably. Again, this is one of the things I quite like about Bleach: it isn't set in stone that a Lieutenant with shikai can't beat a Captain with Vizard Resurreccion, or that a 12th seat (or whatever Rukia's rank is) with shikai can't beat a released Espada. It doesn't matter how many levels of release and powerup you've unlocked, you can still be taken down if your opponent finds the right opening. It makes the fights a lot less predictable (although I'll admit Naruto has one advantage over Bleach: Kishimoto allows major good guys to die in battle, whereas KT hasn't killed a single good guy since the story started. I'm counting Kaien as having died before the story began, btw).

[size=1][color=navy]It's kind of strange that there's no chapter this week seeing that spoilers were released. Aizen.......

Not to mention that there are new Naruto and One Piece chapters this week. (Need more people to post in the One Piece thread)[/size][/color]

Edit:

[size=1][color=navy]So there was a chapter this week.

"Sigh" These people have got to learn to stop explaining their abilities in the middle of a fight. I know it's for us to understand it and all, but it urks me to see babblin off at the mouth about their abilities and know good and well that Aizen is a probably the best strategist in the series. Explain the ability after you critically harmed the opponent.. A cut on the arm is nothing to be gloatin over >_>

Aizen's face was indeed priceless, but Shinji's face made up for it.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Ah strange, I'd read last week there was to be no chapter this week, maybe it's next week then. Oh well never mind.

I do have to agree about the mid-battle explanation, I mean sure it's for our benefit, at least for those of us who can't work out subtly that Shinji's power was reversal and that Aizen would butcher him even with that power because Aizen has plotkai on his side. Still an interesting power in and of itself.

I have to say I actually liked Tousen's end quite a lot (with the exception of his coup de grace at Aizen's hand which felt slightly forced), the last conversation proves that Kubo is a far better story writer than action writer although I'm sure some will dislike his death-bed repentance given his more recent sermons I thought it was apt and rather poignant.

And then of course we're moving straight into Ichigo vs Aizen which will end with Aizen plotkai-ing yet another captain class fighter.
[/SIZE]

Bah, yet another chapter goes by with no mention of Gin. He should have a mask too... right. Plus his bankai needs to be revealed. Plus he is one of my favorite characters and I want to see some more of him, like slicing up some minor characters or Ichigo.

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]And finally we're back to getting a chapter next week, although we may get it even earlier than usual again apparently.

Also, the latest episode of the anime (252 I think) had the best combat scenes I've seen in a long time in Bleach.[/SIZE]