OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[quote name='Magus'][FONT=franklin gothic medium][COLOR=darkred]Ichigo was analyzing Ulquiorra before they went all transform-y, and even though it was for a brief moment, and in the end he still got punk'd, he did do a tad bit analyzing on Aizen. But it still feels like it's been forever since Ichigo actually went through some type of thought process.[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=franklin gothic medium][COLOR=darkred][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]
Yeah, he did a bit a bit of analysis against Ulquiorra in his first release but it sounded almost like smack-talk. Against all his previous Hueco Mundo opponents, and Segunda Etapa Ulquiorra he's basically charged in with his bankai and Vizard powers without any real tactics.

Maybe it's just down to the fact the last few Arrancar he fought haven't had powers that really require close analysis. Grimmjow just got faster and stronger, same for Ulquiorra though on a completely different scale, their fighting styles didn't really change though. Shikai and bankai tend to change his opponents fighting styles pretty completely.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR][/FONT][quote name='Magus'][FONT=franklin gothic medium][COLOR=darkred]With that being said, on to Isshin and Aizen. Honestly, those words weren't really impressing. I want to see the words "BANKAI". I will admit that it makes me fairly curious what Aizen is about to pull with the Hougyoku, but I don't care about that thing. I want to see what this guy's bankai is about. He already has a cheap ability dangit. Unless his bankai can't do crap against those who're not under hypnosis either. :confused: hmmm...[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]That's one thing I really don't understand about any of the captains, other than Komamura, is their lack of direct bankai usage in Fake Karakura. Kyouraku and Ukitake likely would have annihilated Stark if they'd fully released their swords from the start instead of getting beaten around the place and Ukitake getting a botched prostate exam from Wonderweiss.

I mean going against Aizen without releasing their bankai was mad. Whenever Komamura has fought an opponent he warrants as dangerous, and the same can be said of Byakuya to a lesser degree, his bankai comes out the fight ends. Even with the Vizards the only one with the intelligence to go bankai was Kensei.

It makes absolutely no sense for Shinji to hold back his bankai against Aizen, especially given his similarity to Aizen's powers. The fight could've been over much sooner.

Even fusing with the Hyougoku I think the most we'll see out of Isshin for the moment is his totally OP shikai. As for Aizen, for the life of me I can't figure why he's not using his bankai either if he's been pushed to his limits.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Magus'][FONT=franklin gothic medium][COLOR=darkred]Back to Ichigo analyzing for a minute though. Oh how I wish someone taught him some kido spells. Clearly we see that Ichigo uses his head, and while I give Ichigo a lot flack about charging in blindly, I really do appreciate the fact that we do see him think his way through a lot of things. Give this boy some kido and he'd really be a force to be reckoned with. Seriously, we see the damage and the decisiveness Byakuya can do with Kido, and I think that's what makes him one of the best captains/characters SS has to offer. And just think, the effectiveness of Tensa Zangetsu+Rikujokurou+Getsuga Tensho. (or any binding spell for that matter) Ichigo would literally be one of the baddest dudes in Bleach, and not because of some trope of being the main character. I know I'd enjoy seeing him fight a lot more if he were to learn kido and incorporated them into his battles. And I mean learn them. Don't half### it like Renji.[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Problem with Ichigo learning kidou has always been displayed as his inability to control his reiatsu properly. He puts a shitload of reiatsu into his kidou which if taught hadou-kidou would either explode in his face or create some truly destructive attacks. As for the bakudo-kidou I just can't see Ichigo changing his fighting style to incorporate them, he's an attacker. I would like to see him learn to focus his reiatsu properly because it would give him new avenues of attack and round him out as a fighter.

Oh, I'm calling it now by the way, if Yamamoto is dead, Isshin for new Commander with him kicking Ichigo into one of the squad captaincies for "training". Chalk it up there with my Don Kanonji is a Royal Guard also theory (Kubo do this and I'll will give you my firstborn).[/SIZE]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]
Yeah, he did a bit a bit of analysis against Ulquiorra in his first release but it sounded almost like smack-talk. Against all his previous Hueco Mundo opponents, and Segunda Etapa Ulquiorra he's basically charged in with his bankai and Vizard powers without any real tactics.

Maybe it's just down to the fact the last few Arrancar he fought haven't had powers that really require close analysis. Grimmjow just got faster and stronger, same for Ulquiorra though on a completely different scale, their fighting styles didn't really change though. Shikai and bankai tend to change his opponents fighting styles pretty completely.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Well, Ichigo was an arrogant one from the beginning. (Not the very beginning, but you know... When Renji and Byakuya first appeared) I do agree that Grimmy and Ulquiy were pretty much one in the same, although, being on a different scale, against Ulquiy, the thought process was definately needed... Guy seemed to move as fast as Gin's bankai, at least that's the implication I got from it. (I really hope the animators don't butcher this fight the way they did with Byakuya and Soifon)

[QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1]That's one thing I really don't understand about any of the captains, other than Komamura, is their lack of direct bankai usage in Fake Karakura. Kyouraku and Ukitake likely would have annihilated Stark if they'd fully released their swords from the start instead of getting beaten around the place and Ukitake getting a botched prostate exam from Wonderweiss.

I mean going against Aizen without releasing their bankai was mad. Whenever Komamura has fought an opponent he warrants as dangerous, and the same can be said of Byakuya to a lesser degree, his bankai comes out the fight ends. Even with the Vizards the only one with the intelligence to go bankai was Kensei.

It makes absolutely no sense for Shinji to hold back his bankai against Aizen, especially given his similarity to Aizen's powers. The fight could've been over much sooner.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Don't forget your favorite, Toushiro (:devil:) also used bankai against Aizen. If I'm not mistaken I ranted about this a while back, or it was on a similar basis. I believe I mentioned something about battle tactics and mentioning Byakuya with this rant as well. But I agree with you on that entire point there. Granted I liked seeing Aizen just own everyone, but at the same time it just irritated me that Toushiro and Komamura were the only ones to use bankai.

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']Problem with Ichigo learning kidou has always been displayed as his inability to control his reiatsu properly. He puts a shitload of reiatsu into his kidou which if taught hadou-kidou would either explode in his face or create some truly destructive attacks. As for the bakudo-kidou I just can't see Ichigo changing his fighting style to incorporate them, he's an attacker. I would like to see him learn to focus his reiatsu properly because it would give him new avenues of attack and round him out as a fighter.[/SIZE][/quote]

Yea, and that's what I mean by I want him to learn properly. Someone need to take the time to sit there with Ichigo and go through it step-by-step. The time where Ichigo was learning how to use kido he was basically under a time constraint, and in a sense, it was just rushed.

Ichigo being a straight attacker is the exact reason why I want to see him learn kido. Ichigo's such a boring person to watch fight because all he has is the Getsuga Tensho. Straight attackers are boring because it's easy to predict what they're gonna do in battle. (The only reason Kenpachi's fight with Nnoitra was interesting was because he was fighting a mirrored version of himself, and Kubo had it out like Kenny finally learned his swords name) Same with Naruto's Rasengan, it's such a boring technique because there's no variation of it (ooooh, there's are wind shuuriken version of it, oooooh there's a throwing version of it... big freakin deal. Naruto's shadow clones are more interesting than the rasengan to me because of how Naruto utilizes them in battle. Shikamaru's shadow possession jutsu, a technique you'd think I'd be tired of remains impressive because of how he uses it in certain situations, however, him saying "Shadow Possession jutsu is a success" or whatever kills the moment for me. I don't need to hear/see that everytime he captures an opponent), and the way they use these techniques are not being used cleverly at all and it's become a snooze fest. I dare say Ichigo's gonna turn out even more like Inuyasha where he'll learn another type of Getsuga Tensho where it's just another giant sword slash with a different color. (Maybe we'll get a Backlash Wave or Adamant Barrage >_>) That's not variartion. That's boring as hell. (This is a big reason why I can't get into Renji's and Chad's fights. They're boring)

I'll stop there before that becomes an even bigger wall of text going on about what I like/hate about everybody elses zanpakuto.

[size=1][strike]Can you believe that I actually found something impressive about Naruto? :O Take a picture, quote it because it's not happening again.[/strike][/size][/font][/color]

[SIZE=1]I believe the agreement was you could bring up Hitsugaya, I don't recall me being obligated to. :P But yeah, Hitsu again displays at least some common sense in switching to bankai against powerful opponents.

If Ichigo is going to get another training session to round out his skills, I figure it's going to be under Isshin because anyone else runs the risk of having him get stronger than them too quickly. If he is indeed a Shiba as I speculate as well, kidou and reiatsu control come with the territory. [/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]LOL. That deal ended when you and others "forced" me to continue reading Naruto.

Training session with daddy.. Yea, I think I'll take that one just to see how the 2 would interact with training.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][FONT=franklin gothic medium][COLOR=darkred]LOL. That deal ended when you and others "forced" me to continue reading Naruto.[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Ahem. I believe the deal was you would continue reading Naruto if you were allowed to bring up Hitsugaya again in this thread, and as a sort of deal evener I felt the need to start reading One Piece again.[/SIZE]
[FONT=franklin gothic medium][/FONT][quote name='Magus'][FONT=franklin gothic medium][COLOR=darkred]Training session with daddy.. Yea, I think I'll take that one just to see how the 2 would interact with training.[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
That's what I'm curious about, we've seen them joking and some very limited serious scenes but I think training would be the most serious we'd ever see Ichigo and Isshin together. Also Karin and Yuzu would likely be let in on their family's history.[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]I'm gonna have to read this chapter multiple times in order to fully grasp what I just read. When I saw comments about the spoiler and people referencing Inuyasha and the shikon jewel, and while I do see that I really couldn't focus on what I was really reading.

I feel like Isshin a bit. All I was reading was a bunch of jibberish. Not really focusing on where Aizen was going with everything he was saying, nor did I really get why Isshin was reacting the way he did. I mean all I'm seeing is another source of some control type action going on.

The bit between Isshin and Ichigo was good.

URAHARA!!!! FINALLY! So Yoruichi shouldn't be too far behind.[/font][/color]

[SIZE=1]Basically what Aizen was saying is that the Hougyoku is an empathic dragonball which fulfils the desires of those around it so long as they have enough power. Using the examples of Chad and Inoue were fine, makes more sense than they were just "altered" by Ichigo's huge reiatsu alone but rather a combination of both with Ichigo just providing the power.

The one I didn't like was Rukia being able to give Ichigo all her powers, because Urahara was still in possession of the Hougyoku at that point and wasn't to our knowledge anywhere near the Kurosaki residence. I imagine we'll hear more on that one the week after next (damn Golden Week).

Particularly interesting fan theory I read in regard to this is that Ichigo is himself a sort of natural Hougyoku. Just as the Hougyoku is able to "understand the hearts of others" this is an ability demonstrated pretty clearly and consistently by Ichigo himself. He comments about it specifically now to Gin that he's always been able to see the hearts of his opponents and thus counter at least some of what they throw at him. The only times Ichigo has ever been in truly hopeless fights if when he couldn't understand his opponent. [/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Dang, I completely forgot there won't be any new chapters this week for shonen. Golden week... "ugh".

Then again, this gives me an opportunity to start over from the beginning to try and piece everything together, especially hearing Aizen say he planned all of it.[/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Gray"]Wow.....great chapter this week for sure...two masterminds goin at it...[spoiler]Urahara using obviously forbidden Hadou's...[/spoiler] can't wait till next week [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Definately a great chapter. Finally get to see another strategist in action. It's quite shocking to see a captain class shinigami actually chanting a whole kido spell though. (It's been such a long time) But then again, it is suppose to be more effective when the chant is said though.

I'm also shocked to see a Bleach chapter get released so early. Wednesday is usually the earliest I've seen for Bleach. I wonder if they're doing this to let us know if there will be no chapter next week. (If that's true, I'd be pretty upset with these breaks)[/font][/color]

[SIZE=1]Man whose release were you guys reading ? Mangastream only released theirs last night.

Honestly I was hoping for a bit more of a fight between Aizen and Urahara, although I think Aizen is going to pull a Dr Manhattan and just reassemble himself from nothing in the next chapter. Dialogue was particularly good, and it does indeed hint that Urahara isn't as clearly on the side of good as he makes himself out to be.

On another note, the anime's new habit of mixing filler with manga is becoming extremely annoying.[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]One Manga had a release up Tuesday I believe.

And yes, I agree that the mixing of filler with canon material is really annoying. I was doing a bunch of skipping.

I also don't think that's enough to do Aizen in. Heck, I'm expecting some type of smug remark in the next chapter. Please Isshin, don't do what your son was doing back when the captains were fighting against Aizen. It will take away all of your credibility.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][FONT=franklin gothic medium][COLOR=darkred]Please Isshin, don't do what your son was doing back when the captains were fighting against Aizen. It will take away all of your credibility.[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
Agreed, especially since Aizen seems to have stopped using his illusionary abilities completely. I'd like to see a bit more of Gin and Ichigo's fight too.[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Speaking of Aizen's illusion abilities, I'm under the impression that Urahara, Isshin, and Ichigo (perhaps Yoruichi) are the only ones who haven't seen his zanpakuto. To be able to get in the shots they're actually getting, and if it weren't for the hogyouku (sp?), Aizen would be seriously wounded right now. But the shots that Urahara and Isshin got in makes it look like they aren't under any hypnosis whatsoever.

Oh, Urahara shot up in top favorite characters for me btw lol.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Man whose release were you guys reading ? Mangastream only released theirs last night.

Honestly I was hoping for a bit more of a fight between Aizen and Urahara, although I think Aizen is going to pull a Dr Manhattan and just reassemble himself from nothing in the next chapter. Dialogue was particularly good, and it does indeed hint that Urahara isn't as clearly on the side of good as he makes himself out to be.

On another note, the anime's new habit of mixing filler with manga is becoming extremely annoying.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you on the Urahara comment. It seems he's only interested in stopping Aizen at all costs. Helping Ichigo seems to be part of his plan to stop Aizen as well because why else would he help Ichigo and the soul reapers. Especially since the Soul Society cast him out like he was worth nothing.

I believe Kisuke Urahara is sided with the Vizards above all else. His dream seems to be to return his friends to normal and repenting for allowing his friends to be caught up in Aizen's plot. Defeating Aizen seems to be the only way and using Ichigo is how he plans on doing it.

[quote name='Humaru']I totally agree with you on the Urahara comment. It seems he's only interested in stopping Aizen at all costs. Helping Ichigo seems to be part of his plan to stop Aizen as well because why else would he help Ichigo and the soul reapers. Especially since the Soul Society cast him out like he was worth nothing.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Now mind you, them central 46 folks (I'm going to assume Aizen killed them off somewhere along the lines of TBTP) are the ones that casted him out. The captains themselves, I would think had nothing to do with it, and even then Urahara were still under Yama-ji's orders, if I recall correctly. Byakuya, Unohana, Kenpachi, and Mayuri got into Hueco Mundo through him afterall.[/font][/color]

[SIZE=1]As a consolation prize for a terribly predictable plot for this week in the manga I must say episode 270 of the anime just blew me away in terms of the quality of animation and adaptation. Gives the mixture of filler with canon recently I was worried this fight wouldn't get what it deserved, but dear God was I wrong. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Magus'][font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Now mind you, them central 46 folks (I'm going to assume Aizen killed them off somewhere along the lines of TBTP) are the ones that casted him out. The captains themselves, I would think had nothing to do with it, and even then Urahara were still under Yama-ji's orders, if I recall correctly. Byakuya, Unohana, Kenpachi, and Mayuri got into Hueco Mundo through him afterall.[/font][/color][/QUOTE]

Your statements are true but come on. Think about it. Kisuke justs seems like he is fighting for his own goals. Not that those goals are honorable. He made a statement I believe in the TBTP where he promised no matter what to remove the curse of hollowfication on his closest friend. Central 46 just sucks anyway...they did fill the role of antagonists for the Soul Reaper Captains. Speaking of those captains...they could have stood up for Kisuke wen he was banished. It seemed that only Yuriochi cared what happened to Kisuke. Anyway...its just how I feel about the storyline.

I hope this transformation of Aizen isn't done, he looks kinda like a lamer version of masked Tosen imo. The look reminds me of macs and ipods... less is more, but in my opinion less is just less here. I also think its GG for the good guys, unless Kisuke or Isshin have soul slayer powers that are just as hax as Aizen, which he seems to have given up on using.

[quote name='Humaru']Your statements are true but come on. Think about it. Kisuke justs seems like he is fighting for his own goals. Not that those goals are honorable. He made a statement I believe in the TBTP where he promised no matter what to remove the curse of hollowfication on his closest friend. Central 46 just sucks anyway...they did fill the role of antagonists for the Soul Reaper Captains. Speaking of those captains...they could have stood up for Kisuke wen he was banished. It seemed that only Yuriochi cared what happened to Kisuke. Anyway...its just how I feel about the storyline.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]I never thought Urahara had any type of set goal. Till this day I still don't. He's a man shrouded in mystery. (I'd say worry more about Mayuri than Urahara) IMO, as long as Urahara was still taking orders from the old man, it eliminated all forms of him being the "ultimate" villain or him being evil... I know, it was pulled off on Aizen, but honestly, do people really want to see a repeat of Aizen all over again? Aizen's turn was so great that it can't be duplicated/repeated otherwise it'd be stale.

As far as the other captains goes... Well, we know Old man Yama wasn't going to stand up for him. He's all about law and order. I'm almost of the same opinion with Byakuya's grandfather. That only leaves Unohana, Shunsui and Ukitake, and given the situation it was not possible to stand up for Urahara. He went against orders. And while I don't like speculating (especially if it's based on what-ifs or "probably's"), Urahara was wearing a cloak that shuts off his spirit energy, so it's definately possible that they didn't even know what he was up to.

Now for the new chapter. I don't really know what to make of it. I'm glad to see Youruchi, but honestly (what's with the get-up), that was the only great moment for me. I don't really care for this form Aizen's undergone, and I'm becoming a little more baffled as to why Isshin haven't released his zanpakuto. (I think Urahara will be releasing his very soon)[/font][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
Im really interested in seeing how Aizen is thwarted or what kind of tricks Urahara can come up with. I'm hoping to see some bankais from Kisuke and Isshin. Wasn't Yoruichi a captain as well...if so she would have to have a zanpakuto even if she disregards using it. Oh well that doesn't matter. I think Aizen is the ultimate villain for now but I think he impregnated Orihime somehow with his hyogyoku powers. And I think he will reveal that if he is defeated. I believe Orihime is just too ashamed to say anything....not that she has had the chance to with all the fighting.

Speaking of fighting...what the heck is Byakuya and Kenpachi fighting going to solve. They look like they are gonna kill Yammy somehow. Maybe Kenpachi will finally be able to release his zanpakuto and even his bankai. There are too many mysteries left unsolved and it seems we are getting too far away from them and they will never be solved.

Back to the Aizen situation, Isshin using his Getsuga Tensho kinda strikes me as weird. Is Isshin's zanpakuto the father of Ichigo's zanpakuto? If so that would be weird. Ugh...my brain is racked with all these mysteries and I have no idea how to solve them. I was fooled by the Aizen turncoat so now anything can happen.

Someone posted...

Yeah, I really don't like the idea of Isshin being able to fire a Getsuga Tensho. I don't mind (lie, I do mind) him having abilities that are like the Getsuga Tensho, but actually having it.... Yeah, that makes no sense to me. Getsuga Tensho is Zangetsu's attack, and his attack alone. Now to have Isshin come along firing it is almost like that Diamond Dust Rebellion movie where there were 2 Hyorinmaru's, and it just don't sit well with me. I'm going to assume that Ichigo's zanpakuto is called Zangetsu the 2nd now considering these circumstances.

But other than that I did enjoy that chapter although not much really happened. Till this day I'm still anticipating bankai's over everything else. At this moment I don't really care how the story plays out. I wanna see bankai's dangit.

[quote name='Rebellion' date='01 June 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1275411879' post='694113']
Someone posted...

Yeah, I really don't like the idea of Isshin being able to fire a Getsuga Tensho. I don't mind (lie, I do mind) him having abilities that are like the Getsuga Tensho, but actually having it.... Yeah, that makes no sense to me. Getsuga Tensho is Zangetsu's attack, and his attack alone. Now to have Isshin come along firing it is almost like that Diamond Dust Rebellion movie where there were 2 Hyorinmaru's, and it just don't sit well with me. I'm going to assume that Ichigo's zanpakuto is called Zangetsu the 2nd now considering these circumstances.

But other than that I did enjoy that chapter although not much really happened. Till this day I'm still anticipating bankai's over everything else. At this moment I don't really care how the story plays out. I wanna see bankai's dangit.
[/quote]

Rebellion...you are so right. Bankais are my most wanted things. I just want to see exactly how powerful some of these bankais are. They say Ukitake and Kyoraku's bankais are so scary...I want to see how scary.

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"]Already abusing the display name ability eh Magus ?

I'm admit I'm somewhat apprehensive about Kubo's reasoning behind Isshin using Getsuga (aside from the obvious gits and shiggles he so often employs), I've seen a couple of semi-passable theories which don't involve Isshin actually having a Zangetsu of his own (his zan can copy other zan's abilities for one) but I'm still a bit leery about the whole thing which hopefully will be explained this week. Like Magus I thought the plot behind DiamondDust where multiple Shinigami can share the same zanpakutou spirit was incredibly lame and out of left-field (that and it centred around Hitsugaya) when everything we've seen in Bleach so far seems to state that zanpakutou are as unique as the Shinigami who use them.

Not really surprised Urahara pulled another new shikai move for Benihime out, I'm guessing his zan allows him to manipulate his Bloodmist energy in whatever fashion he pleases, which seems a bit like kidou energy to me.[/font][/size]

Hey, Ace and Boo started first. Although I was planning on the name change before the switch but never saw Dagger around.... But for the most part, yes :D

Ahem....

Benehime's abilities were interesting for the most part. (I'd actually like to see that animated) I'm glad to see that Kubo didn't forget Yoruichi can use shunko. (Why Soifon didn't use it against Barragan is beyond me)

That avatar and siggy of yours is making me a little jealous lol. Edited by Rebellion