OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

It's been far too long. I need to go on these breaks more often lol. I got more enjoyment out of it (especially ignoring spoilers).

I'm caught up now. There's definately a lot of stuff that could've been thrown aside. (I don't care how Mizuru used to be. Useless characters do need to have character development) Speaking of useless... Don Kanoji's arrival got on my nerves big time. Not to mention Afro-san (was his name ever revealed?). These characters that are popping up just for comic relief is just wasted space. I'd rather spend more time reading more of Ichigo's predicament.

I was really digging Zangetsu's younger look. Not to mention Hichigo's mask. (that black mask is cold) I haven't said this in a while but Ichigo's training in the dangai still makes no sense to me. If it weren't for Gin those people would've been dead while he's training. Gin's betrayal... Meh, people have been saying it left and right way back when and I try to give Kubo the benefit of the doubt thinking/hoping that he wouldn't go in the obvious direction but he did it anyway. Such a disappointment. The only shock was Zangetsu's younger look.

I can't really say that these events were all that bad though. Just disappointing.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Personally I couldn't give a damn about fodder characters like Tatsuki, Keigo and co running around avoiding being WTF-pwned by Aizen's reiatsu alone now that Kubo has apparently completely dropped the idea that Urahara was training them and my fan-theory about Kanonji turned out to be wrong, takes up page-space every week better devoted to Ichigo finally finishing his [strike]Super Saiyan 2[/strike] Final Getsuga training and seeing more of exactly why Isshin is there in the first place. [/size][/font]

Oh, forgot to mention... Poor Rangiku. I used to like you too, until you turned into one of those idiots that think they can do something against a captain and superman when your rank is lower.

Dang.... I forgot the rest of the 4th division is there... She won't stay dead either.

Agreed on the page wasting crap of seeing Tatsuki and friends running away from Aizen. Those pages should go to Ichigo. At least what they can do is show us Byakuya and Kenpachi fighting Yammy. That would be way more interesting than seeing some dumb humans run around with absolutely no friggin hope of getting away from Aizen. I mean with the way its going, there are key characters being cut out of the main story...characters who were the foundation the story's beginnings (Rukia, Renji, Byakuya, etc...) Gosh I hate being shown useless struggles when we could be missing one of Bleach's best fights(Byakuya vs Kenpachi).

The thing that's really getting me though is if Aizen is really done for, what exactly can Gin do? I don't want to underestimate the guy because he's the most conniving person in all of Bleach, but at the same time Ichigo was keeping up with him. To be honest I don't like the direction Kubo is heading for Gin's defeat. If Aizen is really done for, there's only 2 ways I see Kubo going with this. Gin go out like the espada's and have a crappy defeat. I don't like his chances at all when Ichigo completes his training, and with Unohana running about, I don't see him defeating everyone like Aizen did. Or Gin acquires that key and we all have another long drawn out battle.

Edit:

[quote][spoiler]å??æ?³ã?ã¾ã ã?®ã?³ã?ã?«ã?³ã?³è¡?に住ã??でã?ã?é ?ã??
Flashback from the time when Gin still lived in Rukongai.
森の中ã?å°æ?ã??æ?¾ã?ã?è??みのé??é??ã?ã??è¦?ã?ã?å??にæ??æ??に頭ã??ã?ã??ã??æ­»ç¥?ã?ä¸?名ã??
He's in the forest picking twigs. Through a clearing in a thicket,there are 3 shinigami hanging their heads to Aizen.
è?ç??ã??æ­»ç¥?ã?ã??å?ã?å?ã???æ??æ??(æ??æ??ã?è?ç??ã??ä¸?ã?てã??ã??ã?にã??è¦?ã?ã??)
Aizen takes the hougyoku from the shinigami? (Aizen appears to be presenting the hougyoku.)
å??æ?³ä¸?æ?¦çµ?ã?ã??ã??
The flashback temporarily ends.
ç´°è??ã?å??解ã?ã??ã?ç¾ã?ã??ã?è?ç??ã??æ??にå?ã?ã?とã?ã??ã?®ã?³ã®æ??ã??つã?ã??ã?とæ??æ??ã?
Aizen's body cells decompose and Gin takes the hougyoku which appears. Aizen tries to grab his hand.
そã??ã??æ?¯ã??å??ã??é??ã?ã??ã?®ã?³ã?å??ã??ã?ã??æ??æ??ã??
Gin shakes it off and flees. Aizen remains lying down.
ä¸?è¨?ã?ã?®ã?³ã?»ã?»ã?»ã¨ã¤ã¶ã??ã?ã?ã?とé??叫びã??ä¸?ã?ã??æ??æ??ã??é??ã?ã?ã?ã??ç??ç??ã??
Aizen mutters the word "Gin..." He lets out a roar and rises up. There's smoke coming from his opening (?)
ç?©ã®å½±ã§ã?ã??でçµ?ã?ã??ã??とè?ç??ã??握ã??潰そã?とã?ã??ã?®ã?³ã??
In silhouette, Gin says, "This is the end," and he tries to crush the hougyoku.
ã?ã??と大きなé?³ã?è?ã?ã?空にå??のæ?±ã??その中ã?ã??蝶ã??の羽(3æ??é?ã­)ã??つã?ã?æ??æ??ã??è?¸ã®ç©´ã«ã¯ 十å­?ã?ã??
There's a loud noise and a light pillar in the sky. From the center comes Aizen with 3 butterfly wings. There's a cross in his chest cavity.
ã?ã?ã?のå?ã¡ã ã?å¥ªã£ã?è?ç??はæ?¢ã«ã?ã?ã?の中になくとã??とã?ã?とã?
"It is my victory, even if the hougyoku is no longer within me."
ã?®ã?³ã®æ??の中のè?ç??ã?ç?½ãã?ã?´ã?ªã?ªã?ªã?ªã?ªã¨ã?ã?é?³ã??ç«?てã??ã??
The hougyoku in Gin's hand turns white and makes rumbling noise.
そã?てæ??æ??ã?ä¸?ç?¬ã§ã?®ã?³ã®ç?®ã®å?ã«ç¾ã?ã??ã??とå?æ??にè?¸ã®ç©´ã?å¡?ã?ã??ã??
Aizen instantly appears in front of Gin, and his chest cavity closes up.
まã?å??æ?³ã??
Another flashback.

ä¸?é?¨å§?çµ?ã??みã?ã?®ã?³ã?森ã?ã??å¤?ã??みã??と乱æ?´ã?ã??ã?っぽã?ä¹±è?ã?æ°?絶ã?てã?ã??ã??
Gin saw the entire thing from the forest. Rangiku was beaten up and unconscious.
そã??ã?ã??ç?®ã??é??ã?てæ??æ??ã??è¦?据ã?ã?ã?ã?つã??ã?ã?ã?つã?親ç??ã??ã??ã??ã?¯ã?ã?ã?つã??ã?»ã?»ã?»ã?»ã¨ã?ã?と ã?
He opens his eyes and gazes at Aizen. "This guy, this guy is the boss. I'm going to (do something to him)..."
でå??æ?³ã?çµ?ã?ã??ã?
Flashback ends.
æ??å??でæ??æ??にæ?¬ã??ã??ã??ã?®ã?³ã§çµ?ã?ã??ã??
Aizen slashes at Gin with his hand. The end. [/spoiler][/quote]

Almost as if things haven't changed lol.

Anyway, turns out Aizen's not done for. That's actually a good thing, but butterflies.... Really?

Gin a double agent, or just doing what he wants? O_o Edited by Beretta

So that was faster than expect....

Um... Somethings really not adding up here. If Aizen has the Hougyoku way back when, when did Urahara lose it or put it in Rukia? It don't fit at all, especially considering that Aizen didn't get the Hougyoku until Rukia got back to Soul Society. Kubo really sucks at piecing things together. Edited by Beretta

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I'm honestly incredulous as to Gin's actual aim in acquiring the hougyoku, if he was attempting to destroy it he should know it can't be destroyed by regular means and if he was aiming to integrate it into himself sure he realised how long it took for Aizen to merge with it. Also where the hell did Aizen get thae hougyoku from from before ? Need next week's chapter right now to make some bloody sense of this chapter.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='04 August 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1280950740' post='698813']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"] Also where the hell did Aizen get thae hougyoku from from before ? Need next week's chapter right now to make some bloody sense of this chapter.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
Exactly! And that's what I mean by Kubo is terrible at piecing things together. (Won't believe I'm getting lip from someone about saying that... Fanboys.. I swear...)

Aizen shouldn't even know about the Hougyoku at this moment. It looks to be before TBTP. Unless Aizen's been eyeing Urahara ever since they were lower seats or something I can't buy any theory at the moment. I need an Aizen flashback just to see what "The Beginning" is.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]There was about a 10 year gap in TBtP wasn't there ? It's possible Gin's recruitment occurred at some stage there so Aizen would be interested in Urahara without creating yet another Kubo-inspired plot-hole. Funnily enough I figured Aizen had attempted to create his own version before and only went after Urahara's when he realised he couldn't create a completed version of his own.

Also did anyone else notice Aizen has upgraded to full Hollow style eyes i.e. sans pupils.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='06 August 2010 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1281107676' post='698968']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Also did anyone else notice Aizen has upgraded to full Hollow style eyes i.e. sans pupils.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
Yes, one has to wonder, for someone that said he didn't turn himself into a hollow he's definately going through similar phases that Ichigo's gone/been through. All Aizen's missing now are the horns.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I think it actually signifies a loss of control on Aizen's part, the idea of using the Hougyoku was to turn himself into a perfect hybrid but Gin's little stunt would appear to have pushed him further into Hollow territory than before although Lord knows where ButterflAizen (as I shall hence-forth refer to him) is concerned that will obviously yield a further power-up than properly weakening him.[/size][/font]

Maybe, and I hope that this isn't right, but maybe Aizen "planned" for Gin to take the Hougyoku away from him that way he can achieve maximum hollowness. He does want to eat Ichigo when he gets back, which is still weird...after all this swordplay Aizen is reduced to cannabalism. I think he's counting on losing some control on his transformation because it can get pretty hectic when it comes to transforming into a hollow-like being. He will see what happens to his body and hopefully it will makes his task of eating Ichigo alot easier.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Just had a look at the spoilers for the new Databook, specifically the missing lieutenants and captain and I felt the following must be said:

Kotsubaki Shinemon is the most badass-looking motherfucker ever to grace Bleach's pages, it is a travesty of justice that this man's epicness was never demonstrated and we got stuck with his suck-ass son instead. Also 7th Division barracks shall henceforth be renamed the Bastion of Manliness due to the overpowering GAR produced by its soldiers.

(lol at Iba's mom being a Lieutenant before him, guess that explains why he fought for the position) [/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]10th Division Captain. Based on the translations of Masked he's not dead and will play appear in the manga at a later point. That said this databook doesn't cover as far as the final 3 Espada's releases so it is possible, albeit unlikely in my opinion that Isshin is the former 10th Division.

The two bodies in Szayel's lab haven't been forgotten either and will also play a role in the future.

We will see the Royal Guard in the next arc, which means Aizen is going to get his hands on the King's Key.

Finally and most disappointingly it's been stated that most of the Espada were either Vasto Lordes or of Vasto Lorde (post-Arrancar transformation) level. Putting out those we know were less than Vasto Lorde that likely means Stark, Barragan, Halibel, Ulquiorra, Wonderweiss and possibly Yammy and Nel were all Vasto Lordes before they became Arrancar. Nnoitra is unlikely IMO, there just didn't seem to be the huge shift in power between him and Grimmjow that there was between him and Ulquiorra. No mention of whether or not Segunda Etapa puts Ulquiorra above the other Espada either as far as I remember. [/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='08 August 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1281299686' post='699106']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Finally and most disappointingly it's been stated that most of the Espada were either Vasto Lordes or of Vasto Lorde (post-Arrancar transformation) level. Putting out those we know were less than Vasto Lorde that likely means Stark, Barragan, Halibel, Ulquiorra, Wonderweiss and possibly Yammy and Nel were all Vasto Lordes before they became Arrancar. Nnoitra is unlikely IMO, there just didn't seem to be the huge shift in power between him and Grimmjow that there was between him and Ulquiorra. No mention of whether or not Segunda Etapa puts Ulquiorra above the other Espada either as far as I remember. [/size][/font]
[/quote]
I still can't see Yammy as a Vasto Lorde but then again he didn't release inside of Las Noches either. But I'm still of the opinion that 1-4 were vasto lordes while everyone else were just strong arrancars. I don't even think Nel is/was a vasto lorde. Had Nnoitra released against Nel I do think she might've been in a world of hurt. It also might've been an equal playing field though.

Hey is there any word to when the new Databook is going to be available? Or is it already available....I really need a good updating on all my characters and such.

P.s. Saw the photo Beretta and I gotta say that some those guys are look pretty bad@$#. It's funny to see young Byakuya before he got all serious and junk...i wonder what it would be like if he were still like that.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][quote name='Beretta' date='08 August 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1281300288' post='699108']
I still can't see Yammy as a Vasto Lorde but then again he didn't release inside of Las Noches either. But I'm still of the opinion that 1-4 were vasto lordes while everyone else were just strong arrancars. I don't even think Nel is/was a vasto lorde. Had Nnoitra released against Nel I do think she might've been in a world of hurt. It also might've been an equal playing field though.
[/quote]

I think you mean he didn't release outside of Las Noches, but yeah I'd forgotten the rule about 4 and down not being allowed to do that within the palace. Of course Yammy doesn't seem like the type to give a damn about orders either when he wants to kill something.

As for Nel, remember that she bled out a considerable amount of her spirit power after that head-wound Szayel and Nnoitra left her with, forcing her to take on that child-like form to compensate. Seeing as her mask was still damaged when she was fighting Nnoitra, and reverted to that form after a while she probably wasn't anywhere near full strength, also remember that Nnoitra was constantly on the defensive against her and when they were originally partners she beat him pretty regularly. Maybe she was just a very powerful adjuchas but I still suspect Vasto Lorde.

[quote name='Humaru' date='09 August 2010 - 06:02 AM' timestamp='1281330177' post='699131']
Hey is there any word to when the new Databook is going to be available? Or is it already available....I really need a good updating on all my characters and such.

P.s. Saw the photo Beretta and I gotta say that some those guys are look pretty bad@$#. It's funny to see young Byakuya before he got all serious and junk...i wonder what it would be like if he were still like that.
[/quote]

It's out in Japanese now so unless you speak the language it's going to be a while before you might buy it.

That's not Byakuya either Humaru, it's his dad Sojun.

The guy with Unohana is Hanatarou's older brother it seems, although he looks only slightly younger than Sojun which would make Hanatarou potentially older than Byakuya.[/size][/font]

Dang....I thought for certain that was Byakuya. He was an active kid...its weird that he grew up to be what he is now.

Ahh crap...I don't speak japanese...yet. But until that day I will have to wait until it hits here in the US. Gosh I hate waiting sometimes.

Well Hanatarou being older than Byakuya isn't too shocking as we've seen that hardly anyone has aged in the series. Look at Shunsui, Retsu, and Juushiro...they still look the same as they did in the TBtP arc. Bakuya just got taller really. Even Yamamoto still looks the same, but I guess its harder to look any older than that guy. I think you start off as a kid but then once you get to your adult size you stay that way for quite awhile. If Hanatarou is older, then he's got years above alot of other characters as well. Its a shame they treat him like an annoying little brother.

Dang all this Bleach incoming into my system makes me want to start a Bleach RP. Edited by Humaru

[quote name='Gavin' date='11 August 2010 - 08:52 AM' timestamp='1281531129' post='699240']
[size="2"][font="Tahoma"]Just a quick alert, there's no WSJ release this week so no Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Psyren etc until next week.[/font][/size]
[/quote]

AHHHH!!!!!! NO WAY!!! The waiting has to continue.....what a drag.