OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[quote name='Rebellion' date='02 June 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1275437730' post='694160']
Hey, Ace and Boo started first. Although I was planning on the name change before the switch but never saw Dagger around.... But for the most part, yes :D

Ahem....[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Heh heh, fair enough.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Rebellion' date='02 June 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1275437730' post='694160']Benehime's abilities were interesting for the most part. (I'd actually like to see that animated) I'm glad to see that Kubo didn't forget Yoruichi can use shunko. (Why Soifon didn't use it against Barragan is beyond me)[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Kidou ages just like everything else, if Soifon had used shunko against Barry Respira he'd have just take another arm from her.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Rebellion' date='02 June 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1275437730' post='694160']That avatar and siggy of yours is making me a little jealous lol.[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]It was actually seeing your new set made me decide to change, so you really have only yourself to blame. :P

Took a bit of jiggery-pokery too with Photoshop to get it looking the way I wanted but I have to say I love the way the sig came out looking sort of like Aizen but with Gin's smile, fits my belief that Gin will eventually betray Aizen and have his zan live up to the title of God Slaying Spear.[/size][/font]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gavin' date='01 June 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1275440365' post='694166'][font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Kidou ages just like everything else, if Soifon had used shunko against Barry Respira he'd have just take another arm from her.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]It was actually seeing your new set made me decide to change, so you really have only yourself to blame. :P

Took a bit of jiggery-pokery too with Photoshop to get it looking the way I wanted but I have to say I love the way the sig came out looking sort of like Aizen but with Gin's smile, fits my belief that Gin will eventually betray Aizen and have his zan live up to the title of God Slaying Spear.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

I actually meant in a form of escape for Soifon to use Shunko. (I should've specified that) I don't think she would've lost her arm had she'd used it. Unless I'm mistaken in thinking Shunko makes one move faster.... (It's been a while since I've seen/heard shunko before the last chapter)

Haha, I'm just terrible when it comes to photoshop. (Then again I am just learning some of the mechanics)

[quote name='Rebellion' date='02 June 2010 - 02:46 AM' timestamp='1275443170' post='694188']
I actually meant in a form of escape for Soifon to use Shunko. (I should've specified that) I don't think she would've lost her arm had she'd used it. Unless I'm mistaken in thinking Shunko makes one move faster.... (It's been a while since I've seen/heard shunko before the last chapter
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Ah OK, I thought you meant using Shunko as some kinda of barrier defence against Respira's effects, from what I recall Shunko "augments" the user's limbs though I always took that to mean striking power rather than speed/agility otherwise it'd be something Yama would have all Shinigami learn.

[b][Edit][/b] Spoilers for this week's chapter.

[quote]deicide end of the chrysalis ageã??表ç´?はæ??æ??のæ??ã?æ®»
The cover is Aizen's shell.
æ?¬ã£ã?ã?とどã?っã?ã?とæ??ã?ã?ã?ã??è?く裏è?¹ã??
After the slash Urahara asks what they should do.
ã?の姿になってé??å?§ã?å?¨ãèª­ã?ãªããªã£ã?と親ç?¶ã??
Isshin says that he can't read Aizen's reiatsu at all.
恐ã?ã?く強ã?のにæ?¦ã£ã¦ã??そã?にã?なã?みã?ã?にæ??ã?ã??ã??
The thing they fought was so strong, and it's as if it had disappeared.
ä»?ã?ã?つのå??ã??æ??ã?å?ã??ã??のはã?ã?つとå?ã?å ´æ??にç«?ってã??ã??つだã?だã?ã?ã??とç¶?ã?ã??親ç?¶ã??
"The only strength I can feel is in the location he is standing," he says.
ç²?塵の中ã?ã??è?¯ã?æ?¬æ??だっã?とã?ã?でてくã??æ??æ??ã??ã?é¡?にひびå?¥ã£ã¦ã??ã??
Aizen emerges from the dust and tells him it was a good attack. His face is cracked.
ä»?のæ?»æ??ã??ç?解ã?ã?ã??ã??そã?ãã?ç§ã®å??ã??ç?解ã?てã??ã??ã?ã?とå??ã??æ§?ã?ã??æ??æ??ã??
"It understood that attack, and understood my own strength," he adds, grasping his sword.
大きなé?³ã«æ?¯ã??å?くè?ºã??å¾?ã?å?ã?てã?ã?のï¼?のã?®ã?³ã??
There's a loud noise and Ichigo turns. Behind him is Gin, saying, "Is it good?"
ã??ã?æ?¦å£«ã§ã??æ­»ç¥?でã??è??でã??人でã??なã?中é??å?端なç?¶æ??でã?のä¸?人ã?è² ã?ã??ç?¸æ??にå?ã?å?ã¦ã??ã?ï¼? とå?ã?ã??
He asks, "Neither soldier nor shinigimi nor hollow, nor human, but instead a midway state. Those 3 have lost, do you think you can win?"
ä½?ã??ç­?ã?ã??ã??なã?è?ºã«ã?ã??にã?é??ã?ã?ã??ã?è??å?³ãªã?ã?ã?æ??æ??ã??ã?っã?ã??ã?ã??ã??ç?解できてã??ã??ã??ã?ï¼?ä»?のæ??æ??é?? é?·ã®å??ã?ã??とç¶?ã?ã??ã??
Ichigo has no response. "Run away. You're no longer of interest. Even Aizen is disappointed. Can you understand the the power Captain Aizen currently possesses?"
そã??でã??ä½?ã??ç­?ã?なã?è?ºã«è­¦å??はä»?のでã?çµ?ã?ã??ã?ã¾ã é??ã?へã??のã??っã?ã??ä»?ã?ã?でæ?¬ã??ã?ã¨å??ã?? æ??くã??
He ends his warning there. "If you're still not going to run away then I'll cut you down here." He pulls out his sword.
そã?へæ??æ??ã?現ã?ã??ã??ã??å??ほどæ?¦ã£ã¦ã?æ?¹ã¸è?ºã?ç?®ã??å?ã?ã??とå??ã??てã?ã??ä¸?人ã??
Then Aizen appears. Ichigo looks to where the battle was before and sees the three that have fallen.
ã?®ã?³ã«ä»?ä½?ã??ã?ã??ã?とã?てã?ã?ï¼?とå?ã?æ??æ??ã??ä½?ã??ã?ã¡ã??っとå??試ã?でã?とã?ã?とã?
Aizen asks Gin what he'll do now? "Nothing, just have a test of strength."
そã?ã?とè¿?ã?てã?ã??ã?ã?»ã?³ã?«ã?¤é??ã??é??くã??ã?にæ??示ã?ã??æ??æ??ã??SSの空座ç?ºã¸ä¾µæ?»ã?ã??とæ??æ??ã??
"Is that so?" Aizen answers as he makes a signal which opens the Senkaimon. Aizen intends to invade the Karakura in SS.
転ç??結æ?±ã??ç ´å£?ã?ã??å¿?要ã??なã?ã?ç??å®®ã??落とã?なã??SSでç??鍵ã??å?µã??ほã?ã?好é?½å?だとæ??æ??ã??
It's not necessary to destroy the pillars. If he's going to take down the Royal Palace then it's more convenient to create the royal key in SS.
å¾?てとã?ã?ã?とã?ã?è?ºã ã?ã?ãã?でæ??æ??ã?è?±ç?®ã??どã?ã??ã??è?¹ç±?のæ??はçµ?ã?ã£ã?ã??ã?だとã?ã?æ?¯ã??å?くとã?­ã?³æ¯?で ç?®ã?è??å??ã?ã?æ??のç?¶æ??のæ??æ??ã??
Ichigo tells them to wait, but then Aizen sheds his skin. He says his chrysalis state has ended. Aizen has long hair and hollow-like eyes.
å?はã?ã?へ置ã?てã?くã??å?ã??å?°ã??ã?のはå?¨ã¦ã?çµ?ã?ã£ã?å¾?でã?ã?とè¬?のè¨?è??ã??æ®?ã?é??ã??くぐã??æ¶?ã? ã??æ??æ??ã??
"I'll leave you here. I've finished devouring everything of you." And with that cryptic message he passes through the door and disappears.
なã??だã??ã?»ã?»ã?»ä½?ã?ã?»ã?»ã?»ã¨å??ç?¶ã¨ã?ã??è?ºã«è¦ªç?¶ã?ã??ã?©ã??ã?©ãªã?ã??ã??ç«?ちä¸?ã?ã??名å?ã??叫ぶã??ä½?ã??ã??ã?µã£ã¨ã?て ã??ã?ã?»ã?³ã?«ã?¤é??ã??é??ã?と親ç?¶ã??
"What...the...hell? What was that?" A dazed Isshin stands up and staggers toward Ichigo, calling his name. He whispers something and the Senkaimon opens.
親ç?¶ã¨å?¼ã³è¿?ã?è?ºã®è?©ã??çµ?みã?è¡?くã?ã?ä¿ºé?ã?空座ç?ºã??è­·ã??ã??だとã?ã?親ç?¶ã®ã?»ã?ªã??で次号ã??
Ichigo snaps out of it as Isshin grabs his shoulder. "Let's go. We're going to protect Karakura Town." Until next chapter. [/quote]

Seems we're not going to get an explanation for Isshin's Getsuga and Matsumoto's reunion with Gin was just page filler.[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/2h2l1ys.jpg[/img]

[img]http://m5.mangatoshokan.com/b/bleach/28303/M7_Bleach_Ch353_05.png[/img]

Interesting.

I won't say too much about this spoiler, but I will say this much. Kubo's gotta stop with these off-screen/panel beatings. They don't do anything but make me feel as if he's trying to rush stuff. I wanna see how they were defeated. Edited by Rebellion

Aizen has been planing to eat Ichigo? Why not do it now, if he is too out of it to fight Gin then Aizen should just be able to snatch him up and scarf him down.

Anyways, it seems to me like all the Soul Society is out of defenders that actually count so unless they set up some bad ass barrier that can buy them enough time for Unahona and Hachi to heal everyone up for round two it looks like Aizen is going to get his key and all those side characters that are snoozing in the town are gonna bite the dust. Then we get to be introduced to the 0 Division and the Royal Family and hopefully we will get some explanation as to why Aizen is doing what he's doing. Edited by Lawliet

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]The "devour" line certainly seemed to come out of nowhere, sure we've known Aizen is interested in Ichigo but really going all Hannibal Lecter on him is just a tad creepy.

Kinda curious about Isshin telling Ichigo to open the Senkai gate, we've never seen Ichigo even hint he had the ability to open a gateway and really as Isshin is the veteran Shinigami here you'd think he'd be the one to do it. Seems that it's only going to be Isshin and Ichigo going to Soul Society too by the way he was talking.

Thank God at least this arc is over, Fake Karakura has been one long drawn-out disappointment with terrible pacing. [/size][/font]

[quote name='Lawliet' date='02 June 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1275516933' post='694308']

Anyways, it seems to me like all the Soul Society is out of defenders that actually count so unless they set up some bad ass barrier that can buy them enough time for Unahona and Hachi to heal everyone up for round two it looks like Aizen is going to get his key and all those side characters that are snoozing in the town are gonna bite the dust. Then we get to be introduced to the 0 Division and the Royal Family and hopefully we will get some explanation as to why Aizen is doing what he's doing.
[/quote]

I can definately see Bleach heading in that direction. With Unohana (why didn't she get any panel time? More unimportant characters got panel time and she didn't) and Hachi around I definately see a round 2 coming. I'm wondering, had the captains been at full power (fighting the espada definately put them at a set back going against Aizen) would they got better shots in because I just can't see Shunsui going down to Aizen so quickly and he's the most experienced (in the 1st group that was fighting Aizen). I'd imagine he'd give him more of a run for his money.

[quote name='Gavin']Kinda curious about Isshin telling Ichigo to open the Senkai gate, we've never seen Ichigo even hint he had the ability to open a gateway and really as Isshin is the veteran Shinigami here you'd think he'd be the one to do it. Seems that it's only going to be Isshin and Ichigo going to Soul Society too by the way he was talking.[/quote]

Err... I kind of have Matsumoto tagging along with them. Her getting up and running around can't be for nothing. (It better not be) I kinda want to say that I see Unohana going as well. I've heard some rumors stating that Unohana is gonna be fighting, so.. yeah.

[quote name='Gavin']Thank God at least this arc is over, Fake Karakura has been one long drawn-out disappointment with terrible pacing.[/quote]

Hmm. Yes, I'm glad this arc seems to be done with. Definately some disappointments. (Top 3 espada, Yama-ji, only 2 bankai's revealed.) Up and down rollercoaster moments, but I did enjoy the fights and characters, and for me that's what ultimately matters. If I don't enjoy the fights then we have a problem.

[quote name='Rebellion' date='03 June 2010 - 02:33 AM' timestamp='1275528799' post='694337']Err... I kind of have Matsumoto tagging along with them. Her getting up and running around can't be for nothing. (It better not be) I kinda want to say that I see Unohana going as well. I've heard some rumors stating that Unohana is gonna be fighting, so.. yeah.[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Maybe. I'd like Matsumoto to go back to her original characterisation rather than the caricature of a Shinigami she's become over the last while. I'd like to see Tessai show up and have him and Hachi take over the healing so the team heading to Soul Society is effectively Isshin, Ichigo, Unohana and possibly Urahara and Yoruichi (Maybe Ryuuken too if he shows up). I just don't want to see the entire cast head off again to Soul Society or it'll be another four years before we finish this arc.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Rebellion' date='03 June 2010 - 02:33 AM' timestamp='1275528799' post='694337']Hmm. Yes, I'm glad this arc seems to be done with. Definitely some disappointments. (Top 3 espada, Yama-ji, only 2 bankai's revealed.) Up and down rollercoaster moments, but I did enjoy the fights and characters, and for me that's what ultimately matters. If I don't enjoy the fights then we have a problem.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]My big problem is that so many of the fights felt contrived or plotkai'd, almost every one of the Espada seemed to be matched up with an opponent that had specific abilities to defeat them, Szayel and Mayuri, Nnoitra and Kenpachi, Byakuya and Zommari, Halibel and Hitsugaya, Stark and Kyouraku the latter two were particularly frustrating to read. Soifon/Hachigen and Barragan was probably the most even fight, but even Hachi's ability to teleport a piece of his own body inside Barragan came off as cheap, I mean why didn't he just teleport Soifon's cruise missile inside him ? Ichigo's fights weren't too bad, but still relied a little too much on last minute power-ups for me. The Espada went from being "Shit this guy just tore Ichigo a new one and he's a captain-class fighter" to "Ho-hum, Espada huh ? Probably don't need to go past shikai for this". Then we got to boring invincible villain Aizen who single-handed pwned every Shinigami with the exception of Yama, then got a power-up and proceeded to do the same again.

Maybe it's reading Psyren where the fights all seem to have much better pacing, but I'm really hoping the next arc goes back to the Soul Society arc style of having just a couple of characters and focusing on them. The extermination of the Espada seems to have been "Damn, got waaaay too many characters to deal with and still have to introduce Division 0 and Royal Family and possibly Vasto Lordes, need to kill off a bunch of characters really quickly!". Heck despite having the manga focus on characters aside from Ichigo and co for weeks we fought out SFA about most of them.

/End Rant [/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='03 June 2010 - 10:17 AM' timestamp='1275574668' post='694397']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I'd like to see Tessai show up and have him and Hachi take over the healing so the team heading to Soul Society is effectively Isshin, Ichigo, Unohana and possibly Urahara and Yoruichi (Maybe Ryuuken too if he shows up). I just don't want to see the entire cast head off again to Soul Society or it'll be another four years before we finish this arc.[/size][/font][/quote]
Yeah, I also don't want to see the whole cast going to SS. I'd probably take about 2-3 captains (2-3 captains behind Shunsui, Unohana and possibly Ukitake) plus Shinji and leave the rest behind. (Of course I'd have Urahara and Yoruichi come along too) Vice captains shouldn't have been there from the get-go IMO. Speaking of such VC's, where did that no name VC of the 1st division run off to? Last time he was seen was when the Vaizards showed up.

[quote name='Gavin'][font="Tahoma"][size="2"]My big problem is that so many of the fights felt contrived or plotkai'd, almost every one of the Espada seemed to be matched up with an opponent that had specific abilities to defeat them, Szayel and Mayuri, Nnoitra and Kenpachi, Byakuya and Zommari, Halibel and Hitsugaya, Stark and Kyouraku the latter two were particularly frustrating to read. Soifon/Hachigen and Barragan was probably the most even fight, but even Hachi's ability to teleport a piece of his own body inside Barragan came off as cheap, I mean why didn't he just teleport Soifon's cruise missile inside him ? Ichigo's fights weren't too bad, but still relied a little too much on last minute power-ups for me. The Espada went from being "Shit this guy just tore Ichigo a new one and he's a captain-class fighter" to "Ho-hum, Espada huh ? Probably don't need to go past shikai for this". Then we got to boring invincible villain Aizen who single-handed pwned every Shinigami with the exception of Yama, then got a power-up and proceeded to do the same again.

Maybe it's reading Psyren where the fights all seem to have much better pacing, but I'm really hoping the next arc goes back to the Soul Society arc style of having just a couple of characters and focusing on them. The extermination of the Espada seems to have been "Damn, got waaaay too many characters to deal with and still have to introduce Division 0 and Royal Family and possibly Vasto Lordes, need to kill off a bunch of characters really quickly!". Heck despite having the manga focus on characters aside from Ichigo and co for weeks we fought out SFA about most of them.

/End Rant [/size][/font]
[/quote]
I won't deny that almost every fight felt contrived. For Zommari to get matched up against Byakuya was just a case of bad luck or something... But because it was Byakuya and I like to see him dominate, I can't really say anything negative about the fight outside of Zommari. Halibel and Hitsugaya, as I've mentioned countless times before was probably the biggest copout ever done by Kubo (I'm still bitter about that). Stark being taken down with just a shikai still don't sit well with me. Don't get me wrong though, I completely understand why you and other people are so disappointed with this arc. (And I do as much complaining as the next person lol) But I was still entertained by majority of the fights. The only fights I didn't really care for were Soifon and Barragan, VC's and Allon, Ishida, Renji, Mayuri vs Szayael and then there's the former espada fights.

Psyren... Let's just say I have Psyren outclassing all 3 big shonen series by a large margin.

[quote name='Rebellion' date='03 June 2010 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1275589497' post='694415']I won't deny that almost every fight felt contrived. For Zommari to get matched up against Byakuya was just a case of bad luck or something... But because it was Byakuya and I like to see him dominate, I can't really say anything negative about the fight outside of Zommari. Halibel and Hitsugaya, as I've mentioned countless times before was probably the biggest copout ever done by Kubo (I'm still bitter about that). Stark being taken down with just a shikai still don't sit well with me. Don't get me wrong though, I completely understand why you and other people are so disappointed with this arc. (And I do as much complaining as the next person lol) But I was still entertained by majority of the fights. The only fights I didn't really care for were Soifon and Barragan, VC's and Allon, Ishida, Renji, Mayuri vs Szayael and then there's the former espada fights.[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I admit that all the fights were visually quite nice and exciting from a reader's point of view, it's just that when you go back and look at it in context you realise that had Kenpachi ended up fighting Zommari or Byakuya fighting Szayel that things would've ended very differently for the Shinigami forces in Hueco Mundo. I suppose that fact that none of the Espada, with maybe the exception of Ulquiorra came anywhere near living up to the hype generated around them was what annoyed me considerably as well, Kubo seemed to want to make the Arrancar and Espada his mirror to the Shinigami in terms of power (I was honestly half expecting Las Noches to look like Seireitei/Rukongai in terms of having an Arrancar/Hollow populance) and for each of them to last much longer.

I'd actually forgot about the Allon fight, but then I don't really give a rat's rear-end about the VCs, their fights against Barry's fraccion were enough.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='03 June 2010 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1275604732' post='694469']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I admit that all the fights were visually quite nice and exciting from a reader's point of view, it's just that when you go back and look at it in context you realise that had Kenpachi ended up fighting Zommari or Byakuya fighting Szayel that things would've ended very differently for the Shinigami forces in Hueco Mundo. I suppose that fact that none of the Espada, with maybe the exception of Ulquiorra came anywhere near living up to the hype generated around them was what annoyed me considerably as well, Kubo seemed to want to make the Arrancar and Espada his mirror to the Shinigami in terms of power (I was honestly half expecting Las Noches to look like Seireitei/Rukongai in terms of having an Arrancar/Hollow populance) and for each of them to last much longer.
[/size][/font][/quote]

That'd be really interesting to see, although I don't know. Zommari trying to take control of Kenpachi's limbs... While it'd be an interesting scenario I really do see Kenpachi powering out of it. (I just can't see Kenpachi being controlled like that) As for Byakuya and Szayel.. A battle between tacticians would be entertaining. I still see Byakuya coming out the victor of that one... Probably not as dominating, but I do see him winning more or less. (logically speaking anyway lol) The only one I'd actually worry about is seeing Mayuri fight Nnoitra... (Actually I wouldn't worry because I don't like Mayuri) Given that Nnoitra's very much like Kenpachi, I just don't see scientific stuff working on him, but then again...

And the hype. For the most part I believe everyone was so disappointed in the espada. Kubo should've just went on ahead and made Ulquiorra #1 with the way the other espada performed. We still don't know who was or wasn't a vastolordes. It's like talk about that just vanished.

I can go on and rant about all 3 shounen series but I'll call it quits here. :) But yeah, for the most part I do understand the frustration. (And I'm certainly not excusing the disappointments either seeing how I'm tempted to drop this as well)

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I don't know, I thought the whole idea around Ulquiorra being the Quattro Espada was to show how ridiculously OP the Top 3 should've been by comparison with their released states. I meant heck, Grimmjow as the 4th weakest Espada kicking Ichigo around like a rag-doll in all their fights was supposed to cement just how ****ed the Shinigami were. I think making Ulquiorra the Primera/Cero (and who knows with his Segunda Etapa he might very well have been the most powerful) wouldn't even really justify the poor performances of the other Espada above him.[/size][/font]

Exactly. Ulquiorra revealing that he was ranked #4 was definately the beginning of the overhyping madness. Not to mention hearing/seeing that espadas ranked 4 and up are banned from releasing in Las Noches made it even more convincing that the top 3 would be even more threatening. But to give credit where it's due it did take 3 people and Aizen himself to deal with Halibel, but then again even with Aizen being there I really didn't like Halibel's chances with that fight... (considering all the plotkai that went on during that fight). 2 people for Barragan. 4 for Stark. But I do have Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, and Nnoitra (and possibly Szayael) showing they were up to snuff.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]True enough. I suppose if it weren't for Kyouraku's plotkai shikai Stark probably would've won his fight, or at least pushed to the point we'd have seen a bankai or two. Really it's annoying to think despite having the top three Espada, a crap-load of captains and the entire corps of Vizard we only saw two bankai and one of them was just "lol show 'em a panel and then forget about it".[/size][/font]

Seeing only 2 bankai's was definately the other disappointing part of this arc and to make matters worst one of those bankais was did in off-screen... (Somebody really need to tell Kubo that stuff don't work) The other one was just crappy.

Anyway, I didn't really care much for the latest chapter. I really don't understand the point of Isshin stopping to teach Ichigo the final getsuga technique when they were just in a hurry. Isshin was the one rushing and now he wants to stop..... Come on. But then again Aizen is taking his sweet time walking so.....

[quote name='Magus' date='10 June 2010 - 04:44 AM' timestamp='1276141447' post='694981']Anyway, I didn't really care much for the latest chapter. I really don't understand the point of Isshin stopping to teach Ichigo the final getsuga technique when they were just in a hurry. Isshin was the one rushing and now he wants to stop..... Come on. But then again Aizen is taking his sweet time walking so.....
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Didn't much care for this chapter, Kubo set-up chapters never feel really worth the wait afterwards. Yet again it's drilled into out collective heads that Aizen is impossibly powerful, Ichigo is plagued by doubts he'll actually be able to do anything, Isshin has reverted to hot-blooded moron dad sadly and apparently it is just father and son to the rescue (although I'm certain we'll see Ryuken now that we're back to real Karakura).

As for why Isshin wants to stop, he explained it pretty well, time doesn't affect that area between worlds so however long Isshin and Ichigo spend training they'll still pop out the other side of the gate roughly instantly after they entered it and with Ichigo's performance against Gin he really needs some training. I figure Isshin's also going to get him to don his Hollow mask and make a comment about how he's out of balance again.[/size][/font]

Crappy waste of time chapter...and sure to be the lamest training chapter(s) ever in the future. Aizen is to powerful, though I like his conversations with Gin. Ichigo's dad being able to use his skill is super stupid. It's lame that its only father and son going, especially since the ones who actually damaged Aizen where Urahara and Yoruichi ( who weren't even fighting at full power). Matsumoto is running around for no reason. Ichigo is being a bitch and crappy side characters are gonna end up getting more panel time than good characters.

Also, why is the Kidou Corps don't doing anything? Their Captain and Luetenate were pretty BA in Turn Back the Pendulum so I want to see the other branches of Soul Societies military do something. I'm counting out the Black Ops cause if Soifon was there leader I can't expect anyone stronger than her to be there.

Well, some people are relieved to see that Ichigo is afraid because it show some form of "realism".... Personally, I don't care either way.

But don't forget, Lawliet, Isshin was able to damage Aizen. Before his transformation and after it. But going to KT/SS before getting healed... Yeah, I don't like that. Honestly, if Isshin has time to teach they have time to get healed.... (TAKE UNOHANA ALONG WITH YOU)

I did forget that Isshin had a few panels of "awesomeness" after his initial pwnage of Aizen pretransformation. I think that I am just frustrated with the series as a whole and this chapter's lack progression was just irritating. Hopefully they skip Ichigo's training session with daddy and focus on something awesome (like an Aizen flashback or some Gin/Matsumoto flashbacks) or I might stop reading this manga all together.

Too many cliff hangers...

Isshin needs to explain his zanpakuto because if he can use Getsuga Tensho,then it must be related to Ichigo's. And whats this...lets take time and train. Stupid should have waited and got healed or something.

I hope Byakuya and Kenpachi finish off Yammy and get to the soul society by some kind of trick Mayuri comes up with. Lets see Aizen stop those two soo easily. HAA who am I kidding...Aizen would do the same to them as he did to the others.

[quote name='Gavin' date='14 June 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1276539443' post='695275']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]*Wonders if we're going to get any hint of Tatsuki, Keigo and Mizuiro's training with Urahara this week*[/size][/font]
[/quote]
Honestly, I'm hoping they received no training whatsoever. I know it'll probably be unavoidable of seeing them, but to actually have them try and do something in stopping Aizen would be pointless. Far more experienced fighters couldn't do a thing against Aizen. (I'd rather not have wasted material spent on them) So I wouldn't expect anything from them. Keigo and Mizuiro are not fighters to begin with, and I'd be highly disappointed if Kubo actually have them putting up a decent challenge against Aizen and Gin. (And Lord knows I don't want to see Don Kannoji anymore)

I know in the Psyren thread I said that I was going to take a break from reading shonen, but that's kind of impossible lol. It's like the only type of manga I read. Trying to read stuff like Hellsing and Trigun is a no-no. They're meant to be watched than read. Anywho. Edited by Magus

I've decided that I want to see Ryuken and the Kido corps captain/ lieutenant (and maybe some black ops guys , though if Soifon was the strongest I don't care about the rest of them) vs. Aizen and Gin. those are the only people that could possible be waiting for Aizen and Gin in the town that would make sense, since the rest of the side characters can't even hold a candle to Aizen. I'm ready for Yammamoto to come back with a kick ass bankai and put Aizen to rest. If no shinigami born in the last 1000 years is stronger than old man Yamma, but Captains have been promoted to the 0 division during his life, then I think that its safe to say that he is stronger than most if not all of them. If he is healed and intercepts Aizen and obliterates him with his bankai, hopefully the series will end and we won't have to be introduced to another 20 characters that make up the Royal Family/ Guard.

[spoiler]- Inside the Dangai is Ichigo is seen meditating. He appear to be talking to Zangetsu.
- Suddenly Isshin attacks him. Ichigo parries him off.
- Ichigo is having problems talking to Zangetsu.
- Isshin explains how time works inside the Dangai.
- Inside the Dangai, space is multiplied and overlaps, that the streams of time flow around it. The density of time compared to outside is overwhelmingly high. If he had to use a number, it would be 2000-fold.
If you were chased by the Koutotsu, time twists so that you end up straying far from the real time.
- With Koutosu gone the Dangai is ideal for training. Less than a one hour in the real world = 2,000 hours in the Dangai.
- Isshin show Ichigo a werid bracelet. With this bracelt he can stop the seizing current.
- Ichigo goes back to meditating. Isshin tells him, his technique until now has been useless. Ichigo must walk the same path that thousands before him have already done.
- Meanwhile back Karakura Town, Keigo is running wild trying to wake people up. He runs into Tatsuki.
- Tatsuki and Keigo take a still sleeping Chizuru and Ogawa back to school. Along they way Tatsuki explain this somehow related to Ichigo.
- Aizen and gin are inside the town.
- Back at the Dangai, the meditation was a success. Isshin warns Ichigo that the Zangetsu he will face will be violent. End of chapter.[/spoiler]

Meh, I'm really gonna be disappointed here. I don't care about Keigo, Tatsuki, Chizuru and Ogawa. I don't want to see training. It's bad timing anyway. I don't care about how little time is spent inside the dangai. The fact remains no matter how little time is spent inside that dangai it doesn't stop Aizen and Gin from advancing. Heck, Gin's bankai could wipe that town out if he wanted to, while they're spending their precious time inside the dangai. What I want to see is answers. Honestly, I'd much rather they stayed in FKT than see it progress like this.

Talk about a series that's going in a direction to being dropped... It's this, and mighty fast might I add. Such a shame because I was just giving this series some praise a while ago. Edited by Magus