OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[size="3"]Kubo always has to leave us with a shadowy figure that cant be explained. Who in the world could this person possibly be walking up to Aizen and Ichigo's buddies. All the Soul reapers are either in Hueco Mundo or incapacitated in fake Karakura town. There is no one left...or is there?

Anyone have any thoughts on who this mysterious character might be?
For me I think it might as well be Isshin. He must of went on ahead while Ichigo was "training" to hold off Aizen for a little while. That was just a stab in the dark because honestly I have no idea who is left that can pose a serious threat to Aizen. From what Kubo left us on...this character must have some kind of significant strength.[/size]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way to guess at this point, it could be anyone. Unohana should have finished healing hachi a while ago and then moved on to so one else like... shunsui and ukitake (so we can see some bankai action) or her and hachi could have healed up old man yamma from the brink of death. Ishida has a dad that hates shinigami and hollows so he could be the person (also they are putting his family at risk) maybe its the kido corps comander, since that roll hasn't been seen since TBTP. Or maybe the royal gaurd are taking the fight to Aizen following the "good offense is a good defense" thing.

[quote name='Lawliet' date='02 July 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1278107270' post='696364']
No way to guess at this point, it could be anyone. Unohana should have finished healing hachi a while ago and then moved on to so one else like... shunsui and ukitake (so we can see some bankai action) or her and hachi could have healed up old man yamma from the brink of death. Ishida has a dad that hates shinigami and hollows so he could be the person (also they are putting his family at risk) maybe its the kido corps comander, since that roll hasn't been seen since TBTP. Or maybe the royal gaurd are taking the fight to Aizen following the "good offense is a good defense" thing.
[/quote]

I never thought of Ishida's father. He is probrably the one standing there but he will just get killed by Gin.

Eh, I really wouldn't care if Gin was beaten by Ryuken (or anyone else) at this point. He doesn't have anymore things he could reveal (I really don't see him secretly being a Vizard like Tosen), and I'm still bitter that his bankai was kinda... less than I expected, though it does make sense that it is a supped up version of his shikai. While Ryuken could show us all kinds of awesome Quincy stuff that Uryu doesn't know/can't preform yet.

True true...Gin has not lived up to his awesomeness set in early on. His bankai wasn't all that special but it was a good premise. As for Ryuken, I'm kinda not looking forward to seeing him fight. I think Quincys are kinda dumb. Their powers are pretty basic. I mean all one would have to do is cut off a Quincy's hand and he is pretty much done. Sure Uryu had some great attacks but when it comes time to really kill someone of importance, he is no help. And beside Quincys are bad for the world as they destroy souls instead of purifying them. They have a undeserved sense of justice about them that I hate and are to stubborn to just accept that their mission is a big waste of time.

Yeah, but Ryuken isn't like the rest of them. If anything he'd be fighting because innocent humans are being killed. I also agree though, the whole Quincy thing is kinda silly, the shinigami told them that they were wrecking the world and they didn't wanna listen, so I think they got what they deserved. Ishida can't kill people that matter cause he isn't a main character, or even a strong on at this point. When they were trying to save Rukia he was even with Ichigo I'd say (until he got his bankai) but now Ichigo is chilling with the top dog captains and Ishida hasn't gotten any stronger. The only reason I think its Ryuken is because he was introduced around the same time as Isshin, but he hasn't done anything yet, why bother introducing a potentially power guy for no reason ( I guess he did restore Ishida's power... so he could go get pwned by the 8th Espada, who isn't even a fighter)? Plus that is kinda the town he lives in, and if Aizen gets his wish, him and his family are toast. If I remember correctly Ryuken doens't actually pull back a bow string or an arrow like Uyru does, I think he just kinda points his bow at stuff to shoot, so maybe he could make to with one hand :)

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]No guarantee that it's Ryuken just yet, odds between it being him and Don Kanonji seem about split (especially given Don wears black boots similar to what we saw in that last panel).

If it is Ryuken I expect we're going to see exactly what he meant by "talent" when he informed his son that the latter possessed none.[/size][/font]

Focusing on something else, in the last chapter Aizen revealed he already knew what Ichigo was doing. That kinda puts damper on the situation of his upcoming fight with Ichigo or even if that happens. Another thing, Aizen says he wants that power to get closer to perfection. How in the world does he plan to steal that power from Ichigo. I know he has a lot of powers but stealing others powers doesn't seem like an Aizen special. Is he going to wait for Ichigo to attack him with the final Getsuga Tensho and absorb it. And why didnt he absorb Isshin's Getsuga Tensho the first time. Aizen is really getting on my nerves...there seems to be no way to stop him. I think the only way to stop him is that Gin betrays him. I believe Gin did say he was Aizen's "shield." If the shield stops protecting then he is wide open. Its all very frustrating.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]He's going to absorb Ichigo's power exactly as he said he would: by consuming Ichigo himself. All Aizen wants to do at this point is push Ichigo to become as strong as he can before said consumption to get the most out of it. Seems like Aizen's intention in Karakura all along was to consume the Top 3 Espada too as was evidently disappointed by the level of power they possessed and thus didn't see them as worth consuming.

I don't think Aizen even needs Gin any more, and I think Gin is acutely aware of that fact too. I've thought for a long time Gin would betray Aizen in the end and I'd say he'd getting pushed closer and closer to that betrayal.[/size][/font]

Its hard to believe that after all this Aizen seems to favor canabalism above all other methods of getting rid of someone. Gin better fire up the grill...so we can all have some Ichigo BBQ. He might as well eat everyone else laying around in Fake Karakura...Im sure eating all of them is equal to eating one Ichigo. HAHA

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Simply consuming other beings for their spiritual power is what Hollows do, and now that Aizen is supposedly a perfect hybrid I imagine this option is open to him.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='06 July 2010 - 08:32 AM' timestamp='1278419579' post='696663']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Simply consuming other beings for their spiritual power is what Hollows do, and now that Aizen is supposedly a perfect hybrid I imagine this option is open to him.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

HAHA Aizen is gross. I hope he gets whats coming to him...a Getsuga Tensho to the face.

So I really hate Don Kanonji. The fact that it was him instead of Ryuken makes me unhappy. This probably means that all the people that though he was actually important were right, and he is royal guard or something. Matsumoto has been one of my favorite characters for a while and I really really hope that she doesn't do something stupid. But her presence in the fight is kinda confusing to me. I suppose, since anything is possible, she could be a spy for Aizen and friends (which would explain why Aizen knew so much and was able to plan so much stuff out ahead of time) so deep undercover than she actually fought against the Espada. I don't think that she is hiding any special powers (that's the kind of thing that would make me unhappy) so I don't think that she is there to fight but it would be kinda lame if her only purpose is to sway Gin over to the good side. Anyways, I almost completely forgot about Ichigo, but since I don't really like him, I don't care what happens to him. Main character powers will always protect him form harm, so he's boring. Also, Tensa and the hollow fusing was kind of lame to me. Oh well, maybe next week we will actually get some progression.

[quote name='Lawliet' date='07 July 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1278557786' post='696796']
So I really hate Don Kanonji. The fact that it was him instead of Ryuken makes me unhappy. This probably means that all the people that though he was actually important were right, and he is royal guard or something. Matsumoto has been one of my favorite characters for a while and I really really hope that she doesn't do something stupid. But her presence in the fight is kinda confusing to me. I suppose, since anything is possible, she could be a spy for Aizen and friends (which would explain why Aizen knew so much and was able to plan so much stuff out ahead of time) so deep undercover than she actually fought against the Espada. I don't think that she is hiding any special powers (that's the kind of thing that would make me unhappy) so I don't think that she is there to fight but it would be kinda lame if her only purpose is to sway Gin over to the good side. Anyways, I almost completely forgot about Ichigo, but since I don't really like him, I don't care what happens to him. Main character powers will always protect him form harm, so he's boring. Also, Tensa and the hollow fusing was kind of lame to me. Oh well, maybe next week we will actually get some progression.
[/quote]

Aww man it was Don Kanonji...that does kinda suck but since I hate Quincies I dont care either way really. I wish it was someone cooler like...Byakuya or Kenpachi returning from Hueco Mundo but that would be too awesome to happen. Anyway I hope Don Kanonji will shed some light on the whole secret parts of the Royal families...like are they super strong with rietsu or do they know how to ascend to heaven as Aizen wants to take them out.

By the way....where are you reading your chapter updates every week. Where I read them...a new chapter doesnt come out until Friday. It kinda sucks Edited by Humaru

[quote name='Gavin' date='08 July 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1278602892' post='696886']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]God damn it, Matsumoto why'd you get in the way of Don's attack ? We'd have finally got to the Deicide part of the whole arc.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

I know right. Gosh Matsumoto is really aggravating but I guess her importance is high due to Gin being on Aizen's side. I think Gin knows that Aizen is either gonna kill him, engulf him, or just abandon him in the Soul Society if he gets to the Royal Families. Its not like Gin hasnt had the oppurtunity to betray Aizen already because Aizen doesn't know everything like we think he does. Aizen doesn't know who Don Kanonji is, and if Don Kanonji is a part of the Kido Corps, then Aizen can still be fooled. I think Aizen just knows about Ichigo due to his knowledge of Isshin and Kisuke.

And if Aizen doesn't know everything like he thinks he does, that means there must be a key detail he missed out on. Someone has to stop this guy.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Quite a bit of speculation about how Matsumoto is going to affect forthcoming events. We know Gin is still quite attached to her, or at least he was before the traitors left for Hueco Mundo, so if Aizen decides she's someone to be gotten rid of, we may indeed see Gin's heel-face turn. I don't see her actually betraying Soul Society, although with Kubo Trollo you never know.[/size][/font]

I hope Gin does betray Aizen...I dont really care if Matsumoto has anything to do it. KNowing Kubo though, he will make it so that Aizen knows that Gin is gonna betray him and that he was using him all this time. It will make Gin mad and he will attack Aizen but get killed.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Bit disappointed in this week's chapter, the Don/Matsumoto interaction should've taken up considerably less page-space, as should Tatsuki and Keigo's chatting at the end. Gin is as enigmatic as ever, we don't see him actually injure Matsumoto, so there can be a number of interpretations to that scene. A half-mention of Ichigo's fight after the amount being built up around it, I expected more.

Hopefully next week's chapter will be better.[/size][/font]

I agree. The chapter was a big waste of time really. Rangiku and Gin's interaction was so short and Ichigo's fight should have been displayed more. Though I wonder, How is Isshin getting all bruised up or is that from his fight with Aizen?

So Gin betraying Aizen is.... annoying, it was super predictable. On another note, Gin's bankai reveal is a nice surprise, I was irritated with his bankai before right now. I'm kinda curious how he was able to make his bankai all stretchy like his shikai, maybe I don't understand exactly what his bankai is.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]You really could see Gin betraying Aizen from a million miles away really, I'm actually surprised it's taken him this long to plunge the proverbial knife into his master's back (or heart in this case), Aizen being unsuprised actually makes sense given he himself has been betraying everyone around him for centuries so expecting someone like Gin who's quite similar to him in mentality to stay perfectly loyal would've been a major blunder on his part.

As for the change in Gin's bankai, I don't know about it really, I guess he's just learned from Aizen's mistake to never let people realise his power before it's too late for them to do anything about it, that is of course if his poison actually works on Aizen, which it might not. I imagine next weeks chapter should wrap up some of the questions left by this one.[/size][/font]

Gin betrayal.....finally. I actually thought that Kaname would turn against him as well if he didnt explode from taking a Kazeshini to the head. It seemed that Kaname would turn against him first because he wanted to walk the path with less bloodshed which would mean only Aizen has to be killed. I always saw Gin as a bad guy from the beginning. I thought he was a character who would be on the bad side but then form his own bad guy sect. His bankai is better to me now because until now it was just a souped up version of his shikai....it didnt really change(much like Toshiro Hitsugaya's bankai, which would make sense since they are both connected to Matsumoto)

But of course Aizen saw it coming years ago which increase my hatred for him. Look he needs to just make the King's Key and attack the Soul Society so we can see a final showdown. Because Aizen "knowing" everything is getting on my last nerve.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Honestly I think this is one of the few situations where it's not a complete asspull for Aizen to be able to predict another person's actions with a good degree of accuracy. Gin has been his subordinate for over a hundred years now, since he was just a boy and has been moulding him all those years into the person he is now so it does make sense after all that time that Aizen would be able to anticipate that Gin would be plotting his own eventual takeover as Aizen himself had been doing for decades. [/size][/font]

Yeah I guess you're right. I mean, if we saw it coming then you know Aizen saw it years ago...hahahaha. Gin is a very clever guy. I was wondering why they didn't have a battle set up for Gin when everyone else had one from Kaname to Harribel. Gin was just kinda standing there. It would have been a little cooler for him to do it right before Aizen went on a rampage though. Gin could have been like, "Aizen let me kill what's left of this rift raft....." Aizen would answer, "Of course, be my guess...I have more important things to do anyway." Aizen would turn his back. Then Gin would let out his catch phrase "GOODBYE!!!!" and stabbed Aizen right through the heart. HAHAHAHA Bleach over. Just kidding....I do get carried away sometimes.

No Ichigo sighting in this latest chapter either...kinda dumb seeing as the chapter before had a quick shot of him at the end. I want to see him fight his true hollow form. It would be way more exciting than watching Afro-San, Tatsuki, and Ichigo's friends run away from Aizen, knowing full well they cant get away.