OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I get they have to show some of Ichigo's training to access this new Getsuga though as usual Kubo's pacing sucks and drags the whole manga out again for another couple of weeks. In reality if we go back to when Ichigo was subduing his inner-Hollow for Vizard training he was unequivocally told that his Getsuga was a piss-poor interpretation of his Hollow's so I get the feeling we're going to see him back as well. [/size][/font]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the chapter....

Yeah, definately don't want to see any training. If anything, I want to know why Isshin know how to use Getsuga Tensho, that's all.

Keigo, Tatsuki, Chizuru... I'm beginning to think they didn't receive any training at all. (Well Chizuru is not counted in that anyway) But whatever, I know it won't happen, but if they get did in I'll be happy. Seeing them is really pointless. Comedic relief... I got that from when Isshin took a swing as Ichigo. Now that's funny stuff.

I really have nothing positive about this chapter.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I have to admit, I'm rather blown away by the idea Isshin can pour out three months worth of reiatsu to help Ichigo train and talk about it as if it's no big deal. Dude is a monster.

Again sadly no explanation of exactly why Isshin is able to use Getsuga, maybe we'll hear a little more about that next week. [/size][/font]

I understand Isshin wanted to keep his true identity a secret from his son but to hide it for so long is kinda wrong. He could of trained Ichigo to be a beast like him but no he wanted to stay hidden. When Ichigo went to save Orihime, Isshin could have said "hey son let me teach some wicked awesome techniques that will make life easier for you."

If that was my dad and I was being trained by him after the big battle I went through, I would be sooo pissed. Just sayin.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I think the thing about Isshin choosing not to tell Ichigo he was a Shinigami until he effectively had to is some sort of warped paternal instinct on Isshin's behalf. Before I'd have said that Isshin was just too hurt over losing Masaki to even consider teaching Ichigo himself, but having beat Grand Fisher that really shouldn't have been the case. I mean really, Isshin knows how much Ichigo blames himself for his mother's death and then to beat Grand Fisher and not bother to tell his son is pretty cold, I mean hell he could've got Urahara to pass it on as a message without mentioning it was Isshin which would've been a huge pick-me-up for Ichigo. Finally the fact that Isshin apparently could teach Ichigo more about his own sword, which Isshin knows more about than anyone else should've put a major requirement on him to teach his son much sooner.

So yeah, I think Isshin either has really, really good reasons for not getting involved earlier, especially given how crazy powerful he is or he's just a jackass, and I'm hoping the latter isn't the case.[/size][/font]

As much as I think I'd be pleased to see more bankai's I think answers are needed much more. Honestly, we've gone too long with nothing being answered. I swear reading all that talk from Aizen looked like a bunch of jibberish, and I'm still not entirely sure if I understood much of what he said. All the talking he did is like something that's meant to be heard instead of read. Anyway, like I said, answers are needed, specifically Isshin and how he fits in to everything. We're still left wondering how is it that Aizen knew about Ichigo, yet no one else knew anything about him. I know we've been over this before, but it's still odd that the name Kurosaki doesn't ring a bell with anyone... I can understand Byakuya, Kenpachi, Toushiro and maybe Komamura not knowing about him, but everyone else... I'm not buying it. At first I didn't care that Kubo was making stuff up as he go, but this is getting beside itself now.

[quote name='Magus' date='18 June 2010 - 01:16 AM' timestamp='1276838182' post='695514']
As much as I think I'd be pleased to see more bankai's I think answers are needed much more. Honestly, we've gone too long with nothing being answered. I swear reading all that talk from Aizen looked like a bunch of jibberish, and I'm still not entirely sure if I understood much of what he said. All the talking he did is like something that's meant to be heard instead of read. Anyway, like I said, answers are needed, specifically Isshin and how he fits in to everything. We're still left wondering how is it that Aizen knew about Ichigo, yet no one else knew anything about him. I know we've been over this before, but it's still odd that the name Kurosaki doesn't ring a bell with anyone... I can understand Byakuya, Kenpachi, Toushiro and maybe Komamura not knowing about him, but everyone else... I'm not buying it. At first I didn't care that Kubo was making stuff up as he go, but this is getting beside itself now.
[/quote]

True. Answers are needed. You would think Yamamoto would at least remember the name Kurosaki. Aizen knows too much for my liking. I think his family was one of the royal families but they got exiled for some misguided attempt to perfect their world. It sounds to me that Aizen's frustration comes from his lack of status on a high level. I dont know anymore. Im kinda tired of coming of with explanations on my own.

[font="Arial Black"][size="7"]WE WANT ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Likely Kurosaki isn't Isshin's real last name, or heck Isshin mightn't even be his own first name either. Remember when Ryuken called him "Kurosaki" at the hospital, Isshin's response was "That's the first time you've called me that." which would seem to indicate he's been calling him something else or maybe just Isshin all along before that.

I still maintain he's a Shiba and the one responsible for the clan's fall from nobility, explains why Ichigo and Kaien look alike, why Isshin and Ganju look somewhat alike and why Kukaku looks like an older version of Karen.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='18 June 2010 - 08:10 AM' timestamp='1276863023' post='695543']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Likely Kurosaki isn't Isshin's real last name, or heck Isshin mightn't even be his own first name either. Remember when Ryuken called him "Kurosaki" at the hospital, Isshin's response was "That's the first time you've called me that." which would seem to indicate he's been calling him something else or maybe just Isshin all along before that.

I still maintain he's a Shiba and the one responsible for the clan's fall from nobility, explains why Ichigo and Kaien look alike, why Isshin and Ganju look somewhat alike and why Kukaku looks like an older version of Karen.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
Maybe you're right, but I'm still not convinced that he's a Shiba. (but then again I'm always terrible with these theories) I see Ryuken and Isshin's relationship like Uryu and Ichigo. The way I see it is Ryuken was calling Isshin every single derogatory name but never calling him by his official name, but that's just me there.

[quote name='Magus' date='18 June 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1276898796' post='695562']The way I see it is Ryuken was calling Isshin every single derogatory name but never calling him by his official name, but that's just me there.[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Maybe, I think though the way both of them reacted it's a different dynamic to that of their sons.

I'm still praying for my Don Kanonji as a former Squad Zero Shinigami theory to prove true though.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='18 June 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1276903248' post='695566']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I'm still praying for my Don Kanonji as a former Squad Zero Shinigami theory to prove true though.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
NOOOOO!!! If that happens, I quit. Dangit Gavin. Thanks for reminding me that I'm going to be putting up with him all over again during my reread session. Edited by Magus

[quote name='Magus' date='19 June 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1276903695' post='695568']
NOOOOO!!! If that happens, I quit. Dangit Gavin. Thanks for reminding me that I'm going to be putting up with him all over again during my reread session.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]HERESY!!! Kanonji will undergo a personality shift with the revelation of his true identity as Ichigo's second stealth-mentor. Even now he's training Karin to understand and control her reiatsu before she becomes a Shinigami like her brother and when Aizen attempts to strike her down we're going to see a zanpakuto hidden inside that pimp-cane and the force of a Squad Zero member unleashed again.

I mean seriously, don't you think it's a little strange Urahara left Kanonji up there with Ichigo, a novice Shinigami when there's the distinct possibility he could be killed ? A slip in Urahara's otherwise perfect plotting or did Geta-Boshi know Kanonji was in no danger and would be there to save Ichigo when the need arose hmm ?[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='18 June 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1276910029' post='695578']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I mean seriously, don't you think it's a little strange Urahara left Kanonji up there with Ichigo, a novice Shinigami when there's the distinct possibility he could be killed ? A slip in Urahara's otherwise perfect plotting or did Geta-Boshi know Kanonji was in no danger and would be there to save Ichigo when the need arose hmm ?[/size][/font]
[/quote]
Nope.. It's Urahara, the man of mystery. But if you really want to look at it from that angle then the same can be asked about Urahara letting Ichigo go face Byakuya and Renji. Not to mention this whole Aizen ordeal. No warning or anything. He, Yoruichi and what's his name.... "Kido Man". They could've easily said "be on the lookout for a man named AIzen Sosuke"

As for Don Kanonji. NOO!! I refuse to buy into wicked thoughts like that. Edited by Magus

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]When I said "he could be killed" I was referring to Kanonji rather than Ichigo. Despite his trickster nature I don't see Urahara as being someone who would genuinely put a bystander in a situation where they could be injured or killed because it would prove good training for his student.

As for why Urahara never let anything on to Ichigo, simple, Ichigo would've asked why and Urahara would've had to tell him all about the Vizards, Soul Society and everything else. Given Ichigo's power comes from his heart, giving him the task of just rescuing Rukia without all that back knowledge was probably the most assured way to increase his power. [/size][/font]

A thought came to me when I was reviewing the espada and how they were killed: Grimmjow was never confirmed as dead. He never went through some "fade into dust" action like the other espada did when they died. I think Kubo is going to use this small fact to his advantage to explain an otherwise unexplainable phenomenon like Aizen being confronted by Byakuya, Kenpachi and the others in the soul society to protect Ichigo's friends. I think Grimmjow is gonna help kill Yammy and allow the Soul reapers there to go through the Garganta to the Real World. They will see the carnage left by Aizen and try to heal anyone they can and form a task force to go to the Soul SOciety. They will meet up with Ichigo and Isshin and then the final attack will be made. By this time though Aizen would have wrecked the Real Karakura and formed some kind of quick army of hollows with Gin. They wll await Ichigo and the others to come attack them.

Of course my thought started off with an actual idea but then kinda turned into wishful thinking. But since Im already thinking wishfully...lets hear it for Ichigo learning a step past bankai...it will look like his normal bankaibut where the chain is hanging a second bankai will be attached to it. This second sword will be white to represent Ichigo learning to use his inner hollow zanpakuto and thus creating a super powerful new move. The level past bankai will be called.....umm....Junkai.

A lot of people are convinced that Grimmjow's still alive and more power to them, but considering how Kubo had the top 3 espada taken out, I'm pretty much convinced he's dead. (Blead out, lamest death yet)

[quote name='Magus' date='21 June 2010 - 04:04 AM' timestamp='1277107450' post='695721']
A lot of people are convinced that Grimmjow's still alive and more power to them, but considering how Kubo had the top 3 espada taken out, I'm pretty much convinced he's dead. (Blead out, lamest death yet)
[/quote]

I don't know...I think Zommari (Espada 7) had the lamest death but just because he went out like a b*@#&. Crying at the top of his lungs "Hooray Aizen, Hooray Aizen." I bet he wouldn't be saying that now.

Also Aaroneiro died a crap way way to. I think if you are killed by Rukia, Orihime, Ganju, Yachiro, or Renji then you dont deserve any ranking amongst your peers. I mean come on, to be killed by Rukia after you had her beat and crying. Carelessness is not the way someone should die.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I really don't know about Grimmjow, I mean Ichigo carved him up pretty badly in their fight so unless he gets/has got medical attention (despite the fact the fight was three years ago) I don't see him surviving given his role in the arc has been fulfilled. Of course given I was never that much of a Grimmjow fan, it doesn't really make a difference to me either way.

Kinda belongs in the same category as Stark or Halibel living, given we haven't seen their deaths on panel yet and Aizen has a lousy kill to wound ratio. [/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='21 June 2010 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1277146916' post='695749']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I really don't know about Grimmjow, I mean Ichigo carved him up pretty badly in their fight so unless he gets/has got medical attention (despite the fact the fight was three years ago) I don't see him surviving given his role in the arc has been fulfilled. Of course given I was never that much of a Grimmjow fan, it doesn't really make a difference to me either way.

Kinda belongs in the same category as Stark or Halibel living, given we haven't seen their deaths on panel yet and Aizen has a lousy kill to wound ratio. [/size][/font]
[/quote]

Well you know Grimmjow and Orihime are kinda tight now after the fight with Ichigo. Grimmjow also seemed like the only Espada that didnt want to hurt Orihime if she rebelled. He gets healed by her or if he doesnt get healed, he uses his last bit of strength to shoot a final attack at Yammy. As we have seen before, when a character seems dead beyond all reason, they somehow are still alive and able to fight.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Kubo what the **** have you done to Zangetsu?!!!

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/2zyfubl.jpg[/img]

Might as well start calling him Zanbyakuya or Ulqgetsu

Oh and Isshin's sword is apparently called ç??æ??/Engetsu (looks like Moon Flame/Moon Blaze or something like that). Mayhaps that combined with his knowledge of Ichigo's sword means that Engetsu is Zangetsu's father ?[/size][/font]

While I dont approve of the teen heart-throb look for Tensa Zangetsu, it makes perfect sense that Kubo would change his form. Some other zanpakuto change their form when they go into bankai mode. (Examples: Komamura's bankai and Mayuri's bankai.) Zangetsu's transformation is clever and I like the underwater touch added to his inner world.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Sure, zanpakuto's outer forms change during the transition from shikai to bankai but we've never been given any indication at all that a zanpakuto's "spiritual", for the lack of a better word, form changes and to be honest I find the whole thing to feel like a traditional ass-pull from Kubo to try to spice things up.[/size][/font]

You may be right. Tensa Zangetsu is a huge twist. But we all know Kubo, it isn't good enough for Ichigo to learn something new without fighting whats inside him and it being really hard for him to do so. But I feel like Ichigo will defeat this challenge just like the other ones, he will struggle with Tensa Zangetsu for awhile and then realize that he is friends with his Tensa Zangetsu and will learn the final Getsuga Tensho.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Spoilers for this week: [spoiler]Shirosaki returns wearing Ichigo's horned mask and Tensa (because he is unworthy of the name Zangetsu) tells Ichigo he's sick of him being a mopey, depressed little wuss and is going to kick his ass until he either grows a pair or dies.[/spoiler][/size][/font] Edited by Gavin