OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Beretta' date='11 August 2010 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1281553053' post='699253']
Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece yes. Psyren on the otherhand, chapter 130 came out yesterday/today :sly:
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]*Cough*

That was last week's chapter Ber.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Definitely sure. Read it Sunday morning. Would've replied to the Psyren thread but I thought I had the last reply there already.

[spoiler]I'd forgotten actually how awesome Oboro is any time he appears.[/spoiler][/size][/font]

[quote name='Beretta' date='08 August 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1281295301' post='699098']
[IMG]http://a.imageshack.us/img18/1774/tbtperasquads.jpg[/IMG]

Incase other people wanna see.

Someone's missing.
[/quote]

Hey yeah...no vice captain for squad 10 and a whole squad is missing. Where is squad 11's captain and vice captain. I dont know if the captain is the same guy Kenpachi killed but its probably likely. This squad had to be without a vice captain since Yachiru took that spot...maybe this was Isshin's spot and then he got promoted to the Royal Guard.

Also, Im guessing that all the characters from the photo that aren't vizards that we haven't seen are part of the Royal Guard as well. If so....Aizen look sto have some trouble coming his way if he gets to the Royal Guard. Some of those guy look too bad@#$ to be toyed with.

[quote name='Humaru' date='14 August 2010 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1281780635' post='699390']
Hey yeah...no vice captain for squad 10 and a whole squad is missing. Where is squad 11's captain and vice captain. I dont know if the captain is the same guy Kenpachi killed but its probably likely. This squad had to be without a vice captain since Yachiru took that spot...maybe this was Isshin's spot and then he got promoted to the Royal Guard.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Nope the dark-skinned guy next to Ukitake was the 11th Division Captain (and very likely the same one Kenpachi killed to become the division's captain). 10th is still a mystery although Kubo did talk about them during the interview the names of those involved, and any info which might hint at their identities have been replaced with blanks. [/size][/font]

Supposedly an interview with Kubo

[quote]PAGE 1

Q: Around what time did you come up with the Arrancar arc?

A: I really don't remember (laugh).

Q: In the story, just when Ichigo obtained bankai, we learn that Aizen is the mastermind of all this. Then, the Hougyoku got removed from within Rukia. So you thought that the next series would have Aizen as a foe?

A: I think so. While drawing the final stages of the Soul Society arc, I felt that Aizen wouldn't die here. From that point, I've imagined a story that will unfold in the world of the hollows.

Q: In the early stages of the story, during the times Ichigo defeated Grand Fisher, an arrancar appeared during its medical treatment. During that time, were you simply drawing what represented the world of hollows?

A: Yes, the world of hollows. There were no establishments for arrancars. Just that during that medical treatment, the line "remove the mask" was spoken and I've depicted it as such literally. While drawing/writing the manuscript, I've remembered it and I've thought of doing a battle between a "hollow that removed its mask" and a "shinigami that put on a mask".

Q: Did the Vizards born from that?

A: Yes. And very timely, Ichigo put on a mask and hollowfied, I thought that it would be interesting if it will be a battle with both parties trying to destroy the fence of the other party. I wanted to create a company that was in the same position as Ichigo.

PAGE 2

Q: Was the appearance of Hirako as a Vizard naturally come up during the battle of the arrancars in the world of hollows?

A: No, I have always thought of introducing Hirako to the point I've drawn him in the color spread of chapter 1. Just that, I haven't decided on his role yet. Then, while thinking of the next series (arc) I thought "oh, I think it's good to make him appear here". Moreover, I was very hooked on the imagery of the next arc, that's why I was able to decide that the role of Hirako be a Vizard.

Q: Don't tell me, you've also thought of ... from way before...

A: Originally, during the time I started drawing Bleach, I've resolved Orihime's story [Sora chapters], next was Sado's story [Parakeet]. In fact, I was planning on resolving the stories of the classmates first before moving to the next story. That's why I drew every classmate in the spread. From it, I've imagined Hirako to be the new transfer student-ish role that will come in along the way.

Q: Were there no possibilities of him appearing as a shinigami?

A: I didn't have the shinigami image (on him). From the start, he was to be a member of the Real World team. It's just that, originally I had an image of him being a new transfer student, or like the outsider type. Hirako's character's personality, (I've put) his personality into how he speaks. But then I didn't get to find any significance so..

[Hikaro speaks Osaka dialect which is not the normal nor formal Japanese; it's like a slang]

Q: How did the organization called Espada come to be?

A: More than wanting a certain number of members, I wanted a corps that was directly under the command of Aizen. So, I thought of how many people would the group comprise. I wanted a name for it so I looked for a Spanish word, and came across "espada" which meant "sword". If it were to become 10 sets of swords, I also had an image of the fact that every Shinigami also wield swords, so I've decided on that.

Q: Which character did you decide on first?

A: I think it was definitely Ulquiorra. The first time that Ulquiorra appeared, the establishment of an "Espada" wasn't made yet. The reason I made the number of Espada "10", and the the word "Espada" into kanji, like Soul Society, I wanted to make the character (the word) fit for the kanji. The character "10 (kanji)" for me was the most western-ish character, and it felt like the Cross. I had kind of image in my head so it can be put into comparison with the Shinigami, that's why I made it to 10 people. But the first time I drew, I only had the image of Yammi and Ulquiorra in my head. Even during the time he stood in front of Aizen in Hueco Mundo, I've only made them (the other espada) into shadows to shade them off.

[Jyuu (ten) in Japanese is written as 十]

Q: From there you were able to establish how many people there will be?

A: In reality, I was only supposed to limit it to the people that were there in that scene, but I felt like it was too small a scale.

Q: Was the concept of "Espada", the symbolism, the number already decided?

A: I haven't decided on their ranks yet. I was so undecided to the point of interchanging Zommari and Hallibel's numbers till the last minute, halfway through the story.

Q: For Sensei, I know every character is obviously strong, but is it in a rival leaders (warlords) sense? [LOL, don't know how else to phrase this D8]

A: In sense/imagery, more than fighting over control, everyone has their own ambition, there's also this image of it being replaced. Like Luppi.

PAGE 3

Q: We do not know where Zommari's rank number is located. What about it?

A: I didn't think about it (laugh). I only think about it when the character will show his/her rank number (laugh)

Q: "Like the part where Ulquiorra showed his rank number?"

A: "I was thinking of the best place to put (the rank number) according to the scene, and if that place is right for that character. I've imagined it according to the last part of volume 27's poem: "The 5th lies in where the heart is" <- this part, and the fact that Ulquiorra's number is in where his heart is. Though I have forgotten on which I decided on first.

Q: Nnoitora has his on his tongue.

A: In reality, I think of a place where you feel "it has to be here (no where else)". For the arrancars, it's a big deal to be able to receive numbers.

Q: If it's for a shinigami, it's like being a captain, or a vice captain, am I right? Speaking of shinigami, Isshin appeared in shinigami form. I remember being shocked from that.

A: I can't say anything detailed (laugh).

Q: That kind of suggestive line and sight, is it because you are thinking of drawing him after this?

A: Yes. To draw or not to draw. Some foreshadowing lines and such, will for sure be tied together one day. That is, closer to "coming around (the idea)", and "remembering it" than "thinking of it". In the beginning, I myself do not know the reason but "this is best for this", "there's nothing but this", those thoughts run through my head and (I) decide on drawing that for the character. If I do that, while drawing the following [next/future] story, I'll definitely come across that scene thinking "was this thing I drew from that time for this?". That is similar to the feeling of "remembering something about a person you knew from the start" or "discovering a new side/angle of a person you just met". That's why in the TBTP arc, for example, Hisagi's "69", which is that of Muguruma 9th squad. (Muguruma's spelled with a 6-> muttsu's MU)

Q: You don't normally put "69" right?

A: Right. At first, my intention was that to make it a questionable number (laugh). It has a meaning but I thought to make it a word a kid won't ask his/her parents about, so I made it "69" (laugh). His first appearance, when Jidanbou came out, Hisagi and Izuru were behind (the wall), during that time there were no depictions that they were vice captains. After that, at the time the vice captains came together, it's the first time it became clear (laugh). If it's only from that, you won't know he's a vice captain but he was. Then, they are 3rd squad's and 9th squad's vice captains. Then, the 3rd squad's and 9th squad's captains were Aizen's subordinates. That's why the 3rd squad and the 9th squad were headed that way.

Q: AMAZING!

A: That's how it is connected.

PAGE 4

Spanish and the Names's Origin.

Q: Spanish frequently comes up but is it to contrast them from the Shinigami?

A: During the the time the Menos Grade came out, I was thinking I wanted to use a language that had a good meaning yet sounds bad/evil. If it's evil, Indian sounds evil, but I had an image of something that sounded very cool and cool-headed. Similarly, Spanish has this devil-ish, and sexy sounding and a dark* sound to it which I liked, that's why I have chosen Spanish. [*don't know the right word]

Q: Did you first decide on the names of the attacks in Japanese, or did it first occur to you in Spanish?

A: The names of the attacks in Resureccion form are mixed up. It's like vaguely deciding on an image. For Nnoitora, it was decided quickly. I had a image of a praying mantis. It was whether a snake or a praying mantis. I was tie-dyeing on both, so I looked it up in the dictionary and chose which sounded better.

Q: So you decide on an image on the character's outward appearance?

A: More than from the outward appearance, it's while thinking of the outward appearance along with the personality, and more than anything else it's whether there will be an appeal to it. And there're also some things I take from the 7 deadly sins. Like the one now, who are the espadas? Barragan, Aroniero's "Gluttoneria", Zael Apollo's "Fornicaras", and the same applies for Yammi. Those are the early days of "Espada". In the early stages of Espada, there were only 7 people. It's "Espada" with 7 swords but, it increased gradually and became the "Espada" of now. That's why there are some more of the 7 sins I haven't used. While drawing Aaroniero, he had the power "to eat" so I've got the "Gluttony" from the 7 deadly sins. But I also didn't want to just get stuck with the 7 sins. That's why there are times I don't use them on purpose and leave them be. Like for the early days Espada that survived (laugh).

Q: That's nice.

A: Maybe they were pushed aside. Maybe they disappeared/died by themselves. That kind of story.

Q: So it's like you're not limiting the names of the characters to Spanish.

A: That, I'm getting everything from designers. Designer or architect or an interior designer. Wonderweiss was from a designer named Maricel Wanders. From that I've reversed and made sort of an parody out of.

Q: Everyone? Like Jaggerjack?

A: That one I've put on conveniently. "Jagger" is a peculiar spelling isn't it? I've named it according to a clock named "Jaeger-LeCoultre". Originally, "Grimmjow" was from an architect named "Nicholas Grimshaw". "Grimshaw" sounded cool, so I used that. But Nicholas didn't come out nicely so (laugh). Then, I've made it into "Grimmjow" that sounds nicely and fit the spelling into it.

Q: Also Stark?

A: Stark is from "Stark" Philip Stark. There's also one for Ulquiorra. It's from a woman named "Patricia Ulquiorra".

---------------

Q: For the Real World team, "Kurosaki" and "Ishida" and the likes are familiar surnames.

A: Yes. For the Real World members, I thought to make them a common name. But as much as possible, I thought (of their names) while thinking I wanted them to make an impact. Mostly it was based on sound and the design but I thought it would be nice if the somewhere in the sound would get people hooked. Like Ichigo whose name is weird for a guy. And the "hime" in Orihime would have us asking "What/Hmm?". In Sado, the "tora" in Yasutora. Lastly, as much as possible, I wanted as many strokes in the Kanji as possible (laugh). It's a matter of design when I put the kanji together.

Q: I'll return to the story, when Ryuuken saw Isshin's Shinigami attire and said "So it came back", I was thinking that it meant they knew each other from the past. So if Isshin is a shinigami, it means that he once was in Soul Society, right?

A: That's right.

Q: In reality, Quincy and Shinigami hate each other but, they are surprisingly friends. Will that be clear in the future?

A: That part, it's still a secret (laugh).

Q: I'm looking forward to that. Is the Past Chapter over with that? (TBTP)

A: I want to draw about the stories that happened around the Past Chapters (TBTP). Because I've finally introduced the Lieutenants and stuff.

Q: Like how Oomaeda's father wasn't able to make it to Captain class? (laugh)

A: I think so (laugh), if I get the opportunity, I want to draw about it.

Q: Can Sasakibe ever become a captain?

A: As long as Genryuusai lives, I don't think he can be one (laugh). [/quote]

And then there's this:

[quote]New info from the Databook:
1. Kubo said the next arc will be in the real Karakura and a new character older than Ichigo will appear
2. Unohana's "true face" will be revealed soon (I think he means her real power)
3. Kubo wants Ganju Shiba to appear again in the manga
4.All the members of The Royal Guard will appear
5. Kubo only shows characters if they have a lot of fangirls, his example of this was Hisagi beaten Tosen
6. None of the good guys have died, also one character whose name starts with "S" is dead (Kubo said "he or she isn't dead") but no more details were given.[/quote]

I'm assuming that's they guy's take on the summary, but their are some questionable stuff. I might've been reading too fast or things just might not have been sinking in.

Anyway, I definately don't like the idea of going by fan votes and whatnot. That really just gets on my nerves. And then as long as you have an entire healing squad, of course it's impossible for characters to stay dead. Still proves Yama-ji is an idiot.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]*Sighs*

Well there goes the last villain I gave a damn about.

**** you Butterflyzen.

[b][Edit][/b] I'd read most of that interview before but there were a few details which caught my eye. A new character older than Ichigo sounds potentially interesting we sould be getting near that point now. Unohana showing her true face may indeed mean her true power, but it could also mean her true colours, yet another traitor ? As for "s" is not dead, could be either Starrk or Shigekuni Genryuusai Yamamoto, with the latter being the more likely case IMO.

Nice to have him finally admits he keeps characters like Hitsugaya around because they're popular rather than the fact they're genuinely good characters. Hisagi joining in the Tousen fight never made a jot of sense.[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

I have to admit that I do still like Aizen but not as much as I used to. The "just as planned" can only go so far, and by the time he used it on Ichigo with the whole "I knew about you since the beginning" I was beginning to grow tired of Aizen. It's a shame too, because I used to like hearing/seeing Aizen talk. It revealed most if not all of the plot points. Now it's just coming out as random jumbo.

Anyway, yeah, Gin. I was beginning to take a liking to Gin. He's like Toushiro and Sasuke to me. (Don't trip Gav :biggrin: ) I never had anything against his character, but I was never really a fan either. (Neutral) But, yeah, shame to see him go.

[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/30kat84.jpg[/IMG]

Let's just hope he's smarter. (That pic looks bad### though)

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]*Shrugs*

It's just dull. Yet another power-up for Butterflyzen, and retcons to support it and Gin being needlessly sacrificed in order to create the situation to give him that power-up. He was already God-Tier so I'm guessing the Royal Guard are going to be composed of Yamamoto-level Shinigami for there to be any kind of interesting drama created when Butterflyzen faces them. Ichigo finally showing up was nice, and Rangiku and Gin's last lines together did feel well written. Hopefully things will pick up a bit next week.[/size][/font]

Im really hoping the action picks up like you guys said. I kinda miss seeing some real fighting. Although I thought Gin would be a bit tougher to get rid of but I guess I was wrong. Ichigo's return was really awesome looking...let's hope his abilities match up to the awesomeness laid before him. But if we have seen before, we wont see actually fighting between Aizen and Ichigo for a couple of weeks probably due to the explanation of his training. At least we will get to see Ichigo fight his zanpakuto and hollow form to the full extent. Also with the Royal Guard I hope to see some real soul reapers. The 13 court guard squad captains are cool in their own right but these Royal Guards guys must be juggernauts....at least I hope they are. See Aizen actually have a challenge.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]As much as I don't want to say it out loud I've got a distinct feeling that next week's chapter is going to be at least 50% talking as Butterflyzen comments on Ichigo's growth and we get an explanation of how he beat Tensa/Hichigo fusion and the effects of that victory. Probably get a comment from Aizen that Ichigo has finally mastered his bankai fully now, or at least to the level of most captains and his strength has grown to surpass all his previous limitations. Ichigo comments on Gin and Matsumoto and then of course with the final panel Ichigo will charge.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='21 August 2010 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1282405976' post='699693']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]As much as I don't want to say it out loud I've got a distinct feeling that next week's chapter is going to be at least 50% talking as Butterflyzen comments on Ichigo's growth and we get an explanation of how he beat Tensa/Hichigo fusion and the effects of that victory. Probably get a comment from Aizen that Ichigo has finally mastered his bankai fully now, or at least to the level of most captains and his strength has grown to surpass all his previous limitations. Ichigo comments on Gin and Matsumoto and then of course with the final panel Ichigo will charge.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

I predict that you are absolutely right about that. I can just see it now....useless pages of nonsense speaking and no fighting.

So I'm currently reading the earlier chapters. (Soul Society arc... I can't stand some of the events in the beginning chapters) It's a shame at what happened to Renji. Grimmjow is what Renji used to be. He lost that bad boy persona and turned into some form of comedy relief. It's a shame, too, because I used to like Renji. He was my favorite amongst the vice captains. Even with a bankai it's like he's just a worthless character because other vice captains (and lower seats) are making him look pitiful. His fight with Ichigo was so great to read (I hated it in the anime), and to see what he is now one has to wonder what the heck happened?

Reading some of these chapters haven't lost its steam either. Ichimaru's appearance at the gate was as great as ever. And then there's the comedic moments that happen in serious situations that Kubo once had a knack for. Ichigo vs Ikkaku was a nice little slug fest, but yeah, I'm currently reading Ichigo vs Renji (chapter 96).

I still appreciate Bleach, and prefer it over both Naruto and One Piece, but there are lots of questionable stuff that Kubo's been coming out with.

Originally I had planned to read from the very beginning to see if any of Aizen stuff matches up, but like I said, I didn't feel like reading Orihime's or Chad's part of the story, nor do I feel like going through all that Don Kanoji crap.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Aye, seeing what happened to Renji over the course of the manga is such a shame. Chances are he's the most powerful Vice Captain but the way Kubo has him jobbing fights and acting like an idiot really doesn't help. [/size][/font]

You're most likely right about Renji being he strongest vice captain but it does not seem that way at times. Kira and Shuhei are pretty beast...that may be due to their attitudes. Kira is like a manic depressant and then turns very cold when defeating enemies. Shuhei probably had a dark past as he was growing up to have a deadly zanpakuto like Kazeshini and you can see glimpses of it when he's fighting as well.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]To be fair though Humaru Renji was portrayed as being as, if not more powerful than both Hisagi and Kira originally. His shikai's entending ability allowed him to keep enemies at a distances as well as serate through them when the opportunity arose. Compared so say, Ikkaku's shikai it's pretty damn dangerous for a melee type. Then of course kidou became a pretty central part of the Shinigami's fighting abilities and Renji had to of course suck at it for teh lulz despite jumping from what, 6th Seat of the 11th Division to Lieutenant of the 6th Division, which seems to have been a pretty impressive thing to do, especially within a hundred years of becoming a Shinigami. [/size][/font]

Actually, I think I'd like to see Renji face off against Hisagi one time. Mainly because Hisagi handles almost all of his fights without releasing his soul cutter. I definately do think Renji's the strongest of the VC's because he has acquired bankai, but given how others fight, I'd definately wouldn't consider him as the strongest (probably top 3) if he didn't have bankai.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Funnily enough Ber I think he's actually weakened considerably since he got his bankai because it has become the primary method of attack for him. In comparison to regular Zabimaru, Hihiou Zabumaru hasn't been shown to be particularly effective. It's basically just a gigantic club, or at least that's what it's degenerated into as against his regular Shikai which was shown to be a lot more versatile in combat.

I'd like to see Hisagi vs Renji myself.[/size][/font]

Yeah....

[spoiler]ç?¡äº?é?²å??にæ?å??è?º
Ichigo has successfully evolved without harm.
親ç?¶ã«ç¤¼ã??ã?ã?è?º
He thanks his father.
親ç?¶å??ã??てã??
Isshin collapses.
ã?¿ã??ã?­ã?ã?±ã?¤ã?´
Tatsuki and Keigo:
ã?ã??â?¦è?ºã ã??なï¼?ã??なã??で髪伸びてã??ã??だï¼?ã??髪のã?ã?ã?è??伸びてã??æ°?ã?â?¦ï¼?
"Is that...Ichigo? How come his hair is all long? Is it because of his hair that he's overreaching himself?
è?ºå?¨ã??ã??è¦?渡ã?ã??ã?«ã?ªã?³ã??ã?のç?¡äº?ã??確認ã??
Ichigo looks around and makes sure Karin and Yuzu are safe.
è?ºã??ã?¿ã??ã?­ã??ã?±ã?¤ã?´ã??æ°´è?²ã??æ?¬ç?ã??観é?³å¯ºâ?¦
ã?¢ã??ã?ã??è¦?てã??ã?¤ã?¢å±±ã?ã??
[I don't know what Ohana is trying to say here. This is basically just a list of everyone's names and not a complete sentence.]
ã?¢ã??ã?ã??突っ込ã??
Afro-san interrupts.
è?ºã??みã??なそã?にã?てくã??ã??そのままã?っとã?ててくã??
Ichigo: Everyone, go over there and stay there.
ã?±ã?¤ã?´ã??どã?ã?ã?æ?å?³ã ã??ã??è?º
Keigo: What do you mean, Ichigo?
ã?¿ã??ã?­ã??ï¼?ä½?ã??æ??ã?なã?ã??ã?ã?ã?ã?ã??ã??ã?ã?つã?ã??ï¼?ã?¢ã?¤ã?¼ã?³ï¼?はæ?¼ã?つぶã?ã??ã??å??ã??ã?ã??ã?ã??の に
è?ºã?ã??はã??ã??ã??ä½?ã??æ??ã?なã?なã??てï¼?
Tatsuki: (I can't feel anything. It's strange. I can feel that guy's (Aizen's) crushing power,
but from Ichigo I can't feel anything.)
æ??æ??ã??é»?å´?è?ºã??æ?¬å½?にå?はé»?å´?è?ºã?ï¼?
Aizen: Kurosaki Ichigo, is that really you?
そのæ§?子ã??ã?æ¯çµ¶ã?絶ã?è¦?てã??é??
A dying Gin looks at Ichigo.
è?ºã??どã?ã?ã?æ?å?³ã ï¼?
Ichigo: What do you mean?
æ??æ??ã??æ?¬å½?にé»?å´?è?ºãªã??ã??落è??ã?ã?ã??ä»?のå?ã?ã??はé??å?§ã?å?¨ãæ??ã?なã?
å?はé?²å??に失æ??ã?ã?
Aizen: If you really Kurosaki Ichigo that I'm disappointed. I can't feel your reiatsu at all.
Your evolution failed.
é??ã??ï¼?ã?ã?ã??å¼·ã?ç?¼ã«ãªã£ã?ã??è?¯ã?っã?ã??ä»?のã?­ã??になã??ã??ä»»ã?てã??ã?ã?ã??ï¼?
Gin: (Yeah, you've developed a strong eye. I'm glad. If that's what you've become I can leave things to you.)
æ??æ??の話ã??遮ã??è?ºã??ã?ã?ではæ?¦ã?ã?くなã?ï½?ï½?ï½?
Ichigo interrupts Aizen. "I don't want to battle here...)
æ??æ??ã??ç?¡é§?だï½?ï½?
Aizen: "It's pointless."
è?ºã??æ??æ??のé¡?にæ??ã??置きã??ã?きなã??ã?¿ã??ã?¯ã?«ã??å??ã??ã??æ??æ??
Ichigo puts his hand on Aizen's face and suddenly tackles him. Aizen goes down.
ã?«ã??ã?ªã®å?¢ã?で吹っé£?ぶæ??æ??ã??
Aizen is blown away with considerable force.
è?ºã??ä¸?ç?¬ã§çµ?ã?ã??ã?てã??ã??
Ichigo: I'll have it finished in an instant.
çµ?ã?ã??ã??ã?µã?¼ã?»ã?¤ã??
The end.[/spoiler]

[img]http://i34.tinypic.com/2iu8ec2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/er9xqr.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i34.tinypic.com/245xcb6.jpg[/img]

We're going to have to get Ichigo to stop saying "I'm going to finish this instantly" or some type of "quickly" notion because he never delivers. If Ichigo really can finish Aizen off in an instant then he'll get the "best" shonen protagonist award. Edited by Beretta

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Haha yeah, I have to admit the second I read that line my thoughts jumped instantly to his fight against Yammy. Still, if he's actually mastered his bankai now, and I'm beginning to think what he's actually done is mastered controlling his reiatsu (leading to Aizen's "I can't feel your reiatsu" line) along with his bankai then that should make him a formidable opponent even against Aizen.[/size][/font]

Honestly, even though not much happened in this chapter I have to say that this chapter was pretty good. Ichigo just had that dominating pressence (sort of like the pressence that Byakuya, Itachi and Hiei gives off) where he's like, "you don't want any" (he just don't have to say it). He have a calm demeanor. Had a hint of humor still left in him. Heck, it eve seem like some of his arrogance has returned. (That time where Renji first came into play and Ichigo took a swing at him in the middle of a sentence)

And then there's the face grab. People have been saying that Aizen's face was priceless during his slaughter against Soul Society. I didn't see anything special about his face during those times. When he got his face grab, THAT was priceless.

I used to be a fan of Ichigo especially in the earlier chapters. He slipped off quite a bit during the Hueco Mundo arc. I was even at the point of not liking Ichigo at all during those times, but now I'm a fan again. His pressence just amazed me. If he's like that throughout the rest the of the manga he would definately be favorite protagonist in shonen (or 2nd to Yoshina Ageha) that are still running, or at the very least, give me hope in male protagonists again.

But like I said, nothing happened but I enjoyed it.