OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Yup, looks like it'll be a few chapters before we get the whole story about what's happened post-fight. Ichigo's flip-out should also be quite interesting, most fans are betting Shirosaki is back,[/size][/font]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Phenom' date='01 October 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1285953324' post='700837']
I always thought Shirosaki and Zangetsu were one in the same, at least that's what I remember Shirosaki saying the time when Ichigo was training to take control over him.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Indeed, that's my own thought process but you know how Kubo feels about logic.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Well spoilers for this week are out and [spoiler]the maxim of No Good Guys die in Bleach remains firmly in place, apparently Rukia has also forgotten about gigai to visit Ichigo from time to time and we're treated to a three-week break while Kubo comes up with new material to make the ending look like something other than a blatant FMA rip-off.[/spoiler]

Whoopee. >_>[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]He should've had Ichigo kill Aizen after he said "I'll end this in an instant" when he was actually capable of doing so instead of continuously baiting Aizen and allowing him to evolve to the point Ichigo was pushed to use something as flawed as Mugetsu. Sealing Aizen away instead of actually killing him, and robbing Ichigo of all his development, in addition to making Urahara the true hero, just felt so pointless in the grand scale of things.

At this point we know we're going to see the introduction of the Royal Guard in the next arc, and probably a training arc for Ichigo as he regains his old/acquires new powers for the inevitable showdown with the big bad. After Deicide though I can't see a logical path for Bleach to take that makes any sense that doesn't involve some tremendous asspulls.

On the even worse side, apparently Hinamori survived the events of FKT, either that or Hitsugaya has completely lost the plot. The Old Man being alive bugs me as well because it's a blatant Status Quo move.[/size][/font]

No Aizen, you don't get to be cocky anymore. You don't even have the right to have that smug look on your face anymore. Whiny villains lose those rights.

Yama-ji's alive.. Even though we've been in the know now this is still rather pathetic. A sacrifice is not really a sacrifice unless that person, you know, dies... This is some rather poor stuff here. And then this guy got the nerve to throw a hissy fit over losing clothes...? I do like they Kenpachi, Shunsui and Byakuya's answers though. That's funny. And to hear that Hinamori's alive and see Ukitake still kicking is rather tedious as well. You know, I don't know why I just realized it but apparently holes in the center of the chest is not a fatal.

The next time we see Toushiro I'm kinda expecting him to be a beast for some reason. Mainly because we know Kubo listens to his fans now.... >_>

And then we have Ichigo Inc. Hard to say if that was suppose to be sad or not. "Shrugs" 2 week break. I'm hoping we get some much needed answers when that break is over.

I'm rather mixed on this chapter. The parts with Rukia departing was good, but some of the other stuff was disappointing.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I'm genuinely wondering where this new Central 46 came from (or why Yama even bothered to revive the organisation), though Aizen's smugness is understandable given his immortality and I'd be quite curious how many others there are on Level 8 already. You'd think given how flawed an organisation C46 has proven to be Yama would use the opportunity to replace it with something a bit more transparent, although his general intractability regarding rules is probably the reason.

Yama and co. antics were vaguely humorous, I'm amazed Byakuya has found the ability to speak back to the Commander and Shunsui's face was pretty funny throughout. Ukitake's appearance having had a fist driven through his chest cavity without apparent long-term damage was a bit annoying too, perhaps Orihime was involved. I am still bothered that Soul Society took no losses at any time during FKT, made the entire Arrancar arc feel overhyped and well boring. Status Quo is God.

Moving to Ichigo and co, yeah I agree that was the only decent part of the chapter (aside from Orihime being her retarded self as usual). The explanation of why Ichigo's dangai trip is no longer in effect doesn't really make any sense but then Kubo has given us his view on logic. Ichigo and Rukia being unable to see one another has been dealt with but the parting moment was pretty sweet and hopefully a sign that Kubo has picked one major pairing over the other conclusively.

3 weeks to the next chapter, I'm expecting something new at least. [/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Gavin' date='07 October 2010 - 09:58 AM' timestamp='1286441919' post='700952']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]3 weeks to the next chapter, I'm expecting something new at least. [/size][/font][/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]...Which to be fair to say is what we've got.

[strike]Apparently we've had a several month time skip in which Ichigo's powers have not returned and instead the manga will focus on Karin's emerging powers along with helping Afro-San defeat Karakura's hollows. There's mention of a bag and a thief and that's really it for translated spoilers. Oh and people have different haircuts.

Somehow I'm not really surprised Kubo has trolled us like this, Ichigo has had no real demonstrated closure on any of his major plot points (Grand Fisher for instance) so I'm hoping the switch over to Karin is only a temporary thing.[/strike]

Better translated spoilers out.

It's been seventeen months since Aizen's defeat, Ichigo is still without powers while Karin has been developing her own. Ichigo claims to be happy without powers but it's pretty obvious in his attitude that this is not the case. Rukia has not visited Ichigo either in the preceding time period. Towards the end of the chapter Ichigo helps retrieve a backpack from a thief while demonstrating his reflexes are still top notch. The owner removes a Shinigami Representative Badge from the retrieved backpack after Ichigo has left and comments on what a wary man Ichigo is (so in essence similar to Shinji's meeting).

Much better than the previous translation's plot. As I said before I'm surprised Ichigo hasn't tried to regain his powers if he does indeed want them back because so much of his previous plot motivations remain unresolved though I imagine the reacquisition of his powers will occur soon.[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

• 2 weeks later...
This was another chapter that I didn't care for. While I don't mind some of Bleach's downtime (when they actually get them) but I just hate it when time is spent on majority of the side characters. Tatsuki is a nice character (I prefer her over Orihime) and all but seriously, they don't even need to be shown since they're not important. But I suppose, I'd rather take seeing her over Keigo and what's his name... I'll say this too. The new hair looks don't fit. Orihime look decent, but Tatsuki and Uryuu.... NO.

But yeah, a boring chapter for me. I want answers and at this rate I'm bout ready to toss in the towel.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I have to admit I'm quite enjoying the slice of life style to the arc (although I get the feeling that's ending soon). After the horrific pacing of so much of the last arc, it's nice to have things flow properly along with the humour which has been missing/horribly timed for a long time. The whole thing feels like early Bleach which makes me enjoy it more I guess. [/size][/font]

Honestly, I never really cared for Bleach in the early days. It had its moments, but it really didn't pick up for me until Byakuya and Renji showed up. I guess that's why I'm not feeling these chapters because of that feel of the earlier chapters and the fact that I'm not getting my answers.

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]OK I've got to admit I'm getting a little bored with the pacing of stuff at the moment. Hopefully this week Ramen Guy is going to just spill his identity to Ichigo and what he actually wants from Isshin rather than the cloak and dagger deal for the last few chapters.

You know I'm genuinely trying to think back and remember if Kubo's pacing was this bad originally.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Maybe, I guess the difference this time around is I can't just blitz through a hundred or so chapters (actually probably two hundred if I remember correctly) which would make bad pacing far, far less obvious.

Bah still no spoiler script for this week, one thing that struck me though is that Ichigo is surprised at Karin going to Urahara. Guess that means he doesn't know she's developed her own powers further in the interim. Should be kinda interesting.[/size][/font]

Bleach seriously needs to get itself started again. This is insane it's become so slow. The manga has never been this bad in terms of pacing. It's building up slowly but once we see what it is I have a feeling it will be underwhelming .

At least it's begun to raise suspicion about [spoiler] Urahara[/spoiler]

If he becomes an antagonist that would be quite a twist

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Urahara being a villain has been tossed around since Aizen's initial reveal as a the series Big Bad and to be honest I think it was more likely back then before we had all the stuff about the Vizards and the reasons for his exile. If Kubo does actually play the villain card for Urahara now I don't think it will make any sense unless he's been plotting far, far longer (pre-Aizen) than any of us realised, which is a bit too similar to Aizen for me. Added to that, Ramen Guy and his cohorts definitely give off a dodgy vibe.[/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
Calling cards and strange telephone operators, this is how Psyren started! Maybe bleach dude read Psyren realized how wonderful it was and borrowed some tricks in an attempt to have bleach bounce back. Also, why not have Inoue heal Ishida's wounds that way he can yell as loud as he wants without worry of ripping any stitches? I am ready for this arch to pick up a little bit, but at the same time I want this arch to be really good so if it needs 10 weeks of build up I guess I will endure it...

The only thing I see that's even remotely close to Psyren is Ichigo calling Xcution (Really, Kubo?) and I really don't see many comparisons in that either. Xcution seems more like an organization, whereas Psyren was the future, at least that's my take on it.

As for the chapter, um, I suppose things look like they're about to pick up but at the same time I'm seeing another training arc very reminisce to the Vaizards and, well, the repeats can go now. Of course I'm just speculating but still, given Kubo's history, it's not out the question.

[quote]I am ready for this arch to pick up a little bit, but at the same time I want this arch to be really good so if it needs 10 weeks of build up I guess I will endure it...[/quote]

I want this arc to be good as well but to start this slow and ending it with Aizen the way he did with no answers? Answers should've been the 1st thing we got after that 2-3 week break. It's bad enough we had to endure a long arc with nothing but fights (I don't mind fighting btw) but we didn't get anything out of those fights. Now we must endure another 2-10 weeks before we get something about Aizen/Isshin/Urahara? That's a lot. If anyone were to drop this series I would definately understand why (I'm on the verge as well).

[quote name='Magus' date='12 December 2010 - 08:11 AM' timestamp='1292141472' post='702672']
The only thing I see that's even remotely close to Psyren is Ichigo calling Xcution (Really, Kubo?) and I really don't see many comparisons in that either. Xcution seems more like an organization, whereas Psyren was the future, at least that's my take on it.[/quote]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]
Really ? Maybe it's just because I've started reading Psyren again recently but the last chapter certainly had a similar feel to the first few chapters of Psyren (though obviously Kubo is nowhere near as talented a mangaka as Iwashiro) with the inherent mystery and the card.[/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...