OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I think the other Failbringers were just down for getting a boost from Ichigo's powers, they don't seem to have had anything against him. I'd actually say it was the same with Ginjou given he was prepared to leave Ichigo alive after having stolen his powers, right now though he understands he can't get out of that situation without taking down the Shinigami group so he's doing what he has to. I was kind of disappointed Chad and Inoue (less so regarding the latter) were taken out of the fight, but we did get to see Tsuki's rapeface which was pretty terrifying. I suspect once the other Failbringers prove unable to overcome the captains we'll see him steal their collective powers for himself before Resolve Bankai Ichigo delivers something resembling a final blow.[/size][/font]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, Renji's a badass once again. He finally beat someone without struggling. It's been how long now? Oh wait, he hasn't beaten anyone easily at all. But it's definately overdue for him since, well, it's not fair to have folks like Yumichika, Rukia, and Kira looking like they're stronger than him when he has bankai. He finally match his look.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Not a chance, someone over on Narutoforums claimed the Failbringers were all Espada/Captain level and was pretty much laughed out of the thread. Sure some of them have pretty ungodly hax abilities (the late Giriko comes to mind) but their actual combat capability is fairly low.

Decentish chapter this week, though to be honest watching the Failbringers continuously lose to the Shinigami is getting less entertaining. Hopefully next week will focus on Ichigo and Byakuya's fights.[/size][/font]

Agreed. Seeing each bringer go down one-by-one is starting grow thin, but at the same time, it's a good thing these fights are only lasting a chapter. It would be a repeat of the VC's and the fracciones if it weren't and we don't need that again. But truth be told, I'm sick of these fullbringers already. I'd like to move on from them.

And you already know, Gavin that Byakuya and Ichigo won't take place next. You still have Rukia (yawn).

Edit:

You called it Gavin. Byakuya vs Tsuki this week. Kinda shocking too, since Tsuki is the 2nd big baddy of these folks. At the same time, I didn't really think much of this chapter either. This looks like one of those chapters that'll be better when animated. But still, Tsuki's abilty is very dangerous, being able to do stuff like that. I'm actually curious to see how Byakuya is gonna get out of this, considering he never loses, but to see how he thinks his way out of the situation is what makes me like Byakuya the most. Edited by Magus

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Haha yeah I was expecting Rukia vs Riruka same as everyone else so it was a bit of a shock for them not to feature at all. Tsukishima was downright frighteningly competent, and I think we can fairly accurately assume Kubo having each of the other Failbringers drop like flies in the last few chapter was intended to accentuate Byakuya being completely out-fought. Lord knows how dangerous Tsukishima would be if Ginjou had given him so of Ichigo's powers on top of what's already there. All I can say is I can't wait for next week.

Ikkaku and Moe was also pretty epic too. Funny thing is though, I'd never have thought Kenpachi willing to die for his subordinates. Sure, he'd cut in in a fight for them but I can't see him literally telling any of them outside of perhaps Yachiru to bail on him if it looked like he wasn't going to make it. It's a nice thing to know though.[/size][/font]

• 5 weeks later...
Umm... Is it just me or was this overall fight between Byakuya and Tsukishima flatout boring? I don't know if it's because Tsukishima became tiresome, or if it's because Byakuya didn't really live up to my expectation during this fight. Part of it was because I really thought Byakuya was gonna end up one-shotting Tsuki. I mean, Byakuya basically said he'd kill him before his sword'll reach him. I should've known better though, because Kubo never follows through with words like that, but still, I was expecting more from Byakuya. I'm beginning to think Urahara should've fought Tsukishima instead, just to see the reactions on his face when he fight gigai's.

Shocking for me to think Renji shined the most out of everyone.

I sort of agree Magus. I thought the fight would go much longer than it did. But it was a typical Byakuya fight in the sense of him declaring a bold statement in the beginning and then not really following through with it. He did continue his legacy of being a BA as he dealt with someone who I thought was going to be around alot longer. He always lets his enemies talk about a so called weakness of his but he then exposes it as a strength in the end just like he did against Zommari. He is still my favorite character.

Well, I actually thought the fight would've ended quicker, but at the same time it was interesting to see Byakuya in a situation like that. I was expecting a better outcome instead of just a stab in the chest. Nevertheless, Byakuya remains to be my favorite though.

I have to say that I too didn't see this coming. Who knew that Juushiro could be so sly...but its really the perfect disguise. I bet he is insanely strong as well which is hwy we never see him fighting too much. In fact, Juushiro, Shunsui, Yoruichi with her zanpakuto, and Kisuke are all insanely strong. I really want to see where this new story is going, hopefully we get a taste of these 4 awesome powers.

I can't say I expected it, but at the same time when you think about it it's not really much of a shocker considering all the other things SS have done in the past.

With that said, I don't know what to believe anymore though. Kubo, you sly devil.

I am more interested in next weeks chapter considering I'm anticipating Ichigo's look in bankai form now (and then I want to know what is actually the truth, and where does ISSHIN FIT INTO ALL OF THIS!!!!!????)

EDIT:

Guess there was no need for the spoilers since the chapter came out minutes after posting the spoiler.

Anyway, I actually enjoyed this chapter a lot more than the previous chapter. More than likely it's because of the bankai's, but whatever the case, hopefully this'll come to an end soon because I've pretty much had it with these Xcution folks.

And are my eyes deceiving me or am I seeing hollow-like eyes coming from Ginjo? Edited by Magus

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I'm more curious to be honest about how Ginjou has activated bankai. I don't really buy into Ishida's "He stole all your powers yo!" because if that was the case logically Ginjou's bankai would look identical to Tensa Zangetsu (or whatever it is now). He hasn't left his body or overtly activated a shikai or anything so it's rather puzzling.[/size][/font]

Can't say that I empathize with Ginjo, but at the same time to hear that Soul Society were actually planning to kill the substitutes, yeah, I've always questioned SS's antics or whatever, but even I have to admit that's really low.

Anyway, while I can't say that I enjoyed the chapter that much, I did like the artwork. Still not a fan of Ginjo's design, but I like Ichigo's new bankai design, and Ishida still proves to be just a waste of space. Honestly, what was the point of him being there in the first place other than to trying to get Ichigo to do things more rationally? Edited by Mark

[quote name='James P. Galvatron' timestamp='1324009043' post='710606']
I didn't really care much for this ark in the series none of the people associated with Ginjou really connected with me. I did find the guy with the jackpot knuckle to be a funny character.
I want to see Ichigo's father be brought back into the manga I want more history revealed about his time in Soul Society.
[/quote]

You're not alone. The only character I actually liked out of those fullbringers was Tsukishima and even he was beginning to get tiring. Ginjo, while I have nothing against him, it's like there's something missing and it caused me to not care for him. As for the ark itself, man, I can remember when this arc first started. I was pretty heated because the last arc ended with no answers to the questions that were in my head, and to kick it off with that boring stuff was a bad move imo. I will admit that when Ichigo started his training and Tsukishima came into the picture that I was way more intrigued than I should've been, because, well, let's face it, Kubo's at his best when it comes to fights and for the most part he tend to deliver in that category even though I may be disappointed with the outcome.

Speaking of which, this latest chapter, and the way this fight ended was definately disappointing. I'm hoping that SP will deliver the quality of animation that was in the last filler arc or at the very least, give us the same quality that was in the Zanpakuto filler, because reading this fight and the Tsukishima vs Byakuya was on the boring side.

At this point in the manga the only thing I can hope for is answers to everything. People constantly say be patient... How patient does one have to be in order to get those answers.

[size=1]Oh how I miss Psyren and Fullmetal Alchemist. Perhaps it's time to get back into Soul Eater and pick up D-Grayman afterall.[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Wow, in the space of one chapter Kubo managed to pretty much annihilate any development which had occurred at all and make this arc utterly pointless outside of "Ichigo got his powers back".

The Fullbringers despite having had so much potential as characters, even as recently at the previous chapter have all been utterly neutered into the standard "I was alone, but now I realise I had friends" and "The Heart" that we've seen occur with God only knows how many villains already in Bleach. Pretty much all of them surviving outside of Giriko and Ginjou (and possibly Tsukishima depending on how the final scene is viewed), especially Jackie who actually had a poignant death scene, ruins damn near any meaning at all their characters had, especially when apparently despite being a collective of misfit psychos and sociopaths with superpowers they're being allowed to just roam free with no repercussions.

It's just maddeningly irritating because yet again Kubo has chickened out of giving an arc a meaningful end where characters die and stay dead. [/size][/font] Edited by Gavin