OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]SUPER SENTAI ICHIGO!

Yeah, this was a pretty interesting chapter all things concerned. Isshin, Urahara and this mysterious Shinigami need to make their appearance soon because as you said, Isshin has some serious questions to answer.

Tsukishima is a boss as usual, dude has to be Aizen's bastard child, there's no way he could be that laid back, trollish and awesome at the same time without it being the case.

Ichigo's new look is pretty rocking too, love the sword, totally badass.

Oh, apparently based on the 3rd Databook Unmasked, Halibel and her lackies are the only confirmed survivors of the Espada forces. Grimmjow is unconfirmed (still!) and all the others are dead. Apparently she's also forgone the opportunity to rule Hueco Mundo because Aizen's "peace" was false and a real peace needs to establish itself (How exactly?). I suspect the next time we see Grimmjow he'll have told Hali to GTFO and become King of HM himself, at least until another Vasto Lorde comes in and has some cat food. I've always found Halibel to be a pathetic character the more her origins are explored, she's a gigantic hypocrite (seriously, a VL saying they shouldn't eat other Hollows, bit late there love).[/size][/font]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Weird, translation I read over on Mangashare confirmed him dead. As far as I recall the "Orihime standing over them" bit was in reference to one of Halibel's fraccion..[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

Wow. While I don't think Tsukishima can fight Ichigo straight up if he had his original powers (although I don't know what he's capable of now), but I would think that's a trait straight out of Aizen's book. Attack them mentally/emotionally. Hmm.. I kinda see where this is going, especially if Ichigo can't trust anybody he's normally around. If he don't run into Isshin or Urahara I'd think we're about to see a familiar face soon.

Complete 180 for Tsukishima this week. I think I'm starting to like this guy.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Wow, just wow. Now that is a ******* chapter Kubo. Talk about being on the edge of my seat the whole way through those twenty pages. Man the wait till the next one is going to be brutal.

If that is Tsukishima's ability, then only BankAizen could be more haxx.[/size][/font]

So does he need to run people through with his sword to insert himself into their memories or is [url="http://manga-access.com/manga/B/Bleach/chapter/446/15"]this[/url] enough? Either way I feel like this whole chapter was a waste... we got no new information and no fights broke out.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Based on what we've seen I'd hazard a guess that he has to actually stab into an opponent, but it wouldn't be a surprise from Kubo that any physical contact at all would be enough. It could be entirely within Tsukishima's nature to have Ginjou hide the fact that he's under control until they're within the manor and Ichigo has nowhere but forward to go. I'd say we got plenty of information in this chapter though, and it's the first time we've seen a really furious Ichigo which was pretty spooky/cool.

@Magus: Yeah, kind curious about that myself. No levity either between Urahara and Isshin so they're definitely out on business. [/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
I love when the difference in power between two characters is so great that one can just lop of parts of the others body. I guess it doesn't really matter though since Tsukishima now has a healbot with him. I am going to assume that someone is going to come and save the day because Ichigo seems pretty out matched- especially if he decided not to hurt those Tsukishima has messed with. I was kind of wondering about Ishida since it showed him a few chapters back. I guess i was wondering because he was slashed and actually injured but Orihime wasn't physically damaged so I guess I'd like to know if he "remembers" Tsukishima too.

I also kind of would like it if killing Tsukishima doesn't end Book of the End's effect... Anyways, I liked this chapter. Edited by Lawliet

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Yeah, not really surprising to see Chad and Orihime turn up but I still would've preferred to see Ichigo and Tsuki scrap a bit more (even though Ichigo pretty much WFTPWNed him), kinda surprised that Ichigo only lopped off an arm when he's stated his intent is to kill Tsuki, he's probably still not at the point where he can comfortably assassinate someone in one shot.

More than likely we'll see Uryuu pop up making it 2 vs 2 while Ginjo and Tsuki square off in the background. Hopefully Isshin and Urahara aren't too far off either.[/size][/font]

This chapter was quite something. I'm definately convinced that Tsukishima cannot fight Ichigo in a 1-on-1 fight, but this situation pretty much nullifies that altogether. I don't even see how Ichigo exploding with more power will do anything unless he plans on fighting Chad and Orihime (Because I'm mean, I'd like to see him take them both out).

I'm really hoping Urahara and Isshin pops up, but this really looks like it's setting the stage for Rukia's return, considering Ichigo can sense reiatsu now. I'm no fan of hers, but I wonder if she got any taller...

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]"Don't you remember Tsukishima helped you rescue Rukia and [b]defeat Aizen[/b]."

Oh Lord, if Aizen ever catches wind of that he's going to make Tsukishima pay so dearly. Bad enough being beaten by someone who's clearly surpassed you in a fraction of the time it took you to do it but to have some no-name scut with a bastardised version of your own powers try to pull it... Yeesh.

Decent-ish chapter. Bit heavy on action when a little more conversation would've been nice. Tsuki was pretty impressive still being able to keep up with Ichigo's new powers, though again it seems strange he'd have left himself open when you know, Ichigo might've just killed him with that first attack. I'm just of surprised Ichigo didn't just retort by asking Orihime or Chad exactly how Tsukishima helped, clearly if they both didn't give the same answer then it should've hinted something was up. Or you know, get them all to tattoo on their arms "Tsukishima is a lying bastard, don't trust him" a la Memento.

Need Shinigami soon plox.[/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
A couple of questions arises with this chapter.

Was Ginjo actually cut down or is he also under the same influence as everyone else?

Same thing about Uryu. I guess the only difference here is Uryu was actually hospitalized while Orihime and Chad weren't. I think I wanna know more about Tsuki's abilities.

I can see this going in a couple of directions. One I'm thinking that everyone is under Tsuki's influence and will eventually team up on Ichigo, and then we'll get a bail out, but I suppose that's a little too obvious, but at the same time it happened in the Hueco Mundo arc, so maybe we'll see it again.

Also, I'm beginning to think that Tsuki is working for someone else. As err... I don't want to call Tsuki's ability dangerous since if he were to fight someone who don't care (Kenpachi) that ability could backfire, but for an ability like that and the way he's talking, it almost seem like he's working for someone else.

So Ichigo's using Getsuga Tensho now... Will he ever be in the robes or will this be the look for good?

Anyway, I need Shinigami now... This is kinda starting to drag.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Apparently Bleach has slumped down into the bottom seven of WSJ so hopefully Kubo will take notice and pick up the pace a bit.

Honestly I didn't think much of this chapter at all. Tsukishima's powers lose more and more flavour as time goes on, or maybe it's just Ichigo's complete lack of capacity to meaningfully think of a way of countering them is annoying me. Ichigo's whole deal has been as much out-thinking his opponents, or working out how their powers work and how he can overcome them as it is "lawls, I got a power-up *****!". For all his speaking to Jackie about being able to read opponents, Tsuikishima is really playing him far too easily, or maybe it's just the fact Chad and Inoue and everyone else trust Tsukishima more apparently than they trust Ichigo (I know it's the nature of his power but it's still lame as hell they don't even think about it).

I suspect Ginjou may turn in front of Ichigo, thereby showing him Tsukishima's powers right from the beginning but that Uryuu's Quincy powers will have left him less affected and able to offer some kind of aid. Even if Isshin and Urahara are out of the picture I'm questioning where Ryuken is during all this, someone stabs my son I'm not exactly going to sit down and do nothing. I swear if this turns out to be a shadow training arc I will drop Bleach.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Well holy **** wasn't this a turnaround. Lot of people apparently saw it coming (specifically that Uryuu was actually attacked by two people) but I have to admit this came as a shock to me. Next week really can't come quickly enough to see how things progress.

My God though, Ginjo's rapeface almost made me jump back from my computer.

[center][img]http://i998.mangareader.net/bleach/458/bleach-2510001.jpg[/img][/center][/size][/font]

I hate that tune. I cringe everytime I heard it, especially when whoever that was trying to sing.

Anyway, BOUT DAMN TIME. Gotta say I wasn't expecting him to gain his shinigami powers like that, but I knew Rukia was going to show up. Kubo is almost too predictable. First thing I noticed was the haircut on Rukia... Err.. The style looks better than that other style she had, but she still look kinda stupid. I also noticed she's a lieutenant now. If Renji's not a captain, man, do I feel really sorry for the guy.

Ichigo's new sword and new look, I like it, but I don't. I like the X's, but I don't like it around the neck. His sword, yeah, not sure how I feel about that thing yet. Now we're gonna see if these fullbringers can actually fight on-par with captain level shinigami's.

Now all I need for me to really back Kubo on anything is Isshin's story (and perhaps Shunsui and Yamamoto's bankai) and I'll be completely satisfied.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Heh, well we all knew it was going to happen but the execution (pardon my incredibly lame and unintended pun) was quite good IMO.

Someone over on BA pointed out Rukia's new style is pretty identical to Nozomi from the current filler arc, and given Kubo's homogenisation of character faces, that may be why I'm not completely bowled over by Rukia's new do (really don't like Nozomi). Honestly given she's had the same haircut practically her entire life up (about 100+ years) until her reappearance I find the fact she too got in on the "new timeskip do" club a bit silly. It's not bad per sae but I want to see a few more panels of it before I decide one way or another, though I do at the current time waaay prefer her old hairstyle.

Ichigo's new sword looks pretty awesome but I'm not digging his Fullbringer Xs that much, they just seem a bit off with the rest of his Shinigami ensemble.

Renji better not be a captain unless he's prepared to shed his post-SS pussification and become a badass once again, and grow a beard, definitely growing a beard.[/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm... I'd definately like to see Ginjo or Tsukishima take on any one of those caps/VC (Ikkaku looks like he's a VC now) there, just to see where how they stack up because I'm still not convinced fullbringers are all that strong/great. After the latest chapter I'm even more convinced that they're nothing.

Anyway, I'm not really sure how I feel about the chapter. The classic comedy in awkward moments returns but it feels old, and none of it was funny to me.

Seeing the return of the fan favorites was nice, but it didn't feel epic like it usually do. I guess, if anything it just felt entirely too predictable. I don't want to take away from Kubo and whatnot because I'm glad that we have the shinigami's back but the setup was just all too predictable.

I hope Renji's bad@$$ look make him look more deserving of his position as well as Toshiro. Kenpachi look like he been through a bit as well.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I still find it hilarious in the two years timeskip they've all changed their looks despite having worn practically identical looks for decades previous to it. Renji definitely does look better without that damn pineapple 'do he was sporting for years,, and Byakuya's new pimp collar is pretty awesome.

I thought the slapstick was a bit much for the chapter, contrary to what she said, this probably was Ichigo's worst moment of despair. While it was good to know she can still kick his ass into resolve something a bit more gentle might've been better. Ichigo's GT looks like it's about equal to what his dad pulled against Aizen so I'm figuring he's had a fairly distinct power-up but not quite back to Dangai level.[/size][/font]

Good chapter this week, but I am curious, did they forget about Tsukishima? I see Rukia, Isshin and Urahara aren't in the same area, so I'm going to assume those 3 are keeping him company.

And thinking about it now, with Ginjo being the first, how far back does this go for him to have a beef with Ichigo?

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Honestly, I think he's scarpered because he realises just how ****ed they were when Ichigo went all resolve on them. I suspect even Ginjou's going to stick to his Fullbringer powers for a while before Ichigo curb stomps him badly enough to push him towards using his Shinigami powers. That said, I'd better not see him yell bankai because we know for a fact Ichigo is the first human/hybrid to achieve it.[/size][/font]

Hmm... Don't know what to say about this weeks chapter. It wasn't bad, but I've seen better setup chapters.

I can kinda see what Ginjo's beef with Ichigo would be (jealousy?), but for everyone else.... O_o????

Anyway, we get to see just how well these folks stack up against shinigami's.