OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

You bring up some good points Ikillion. I just always thought the hero was suppose to be the over powered character... lol.

Back to what division [spoiler]his father[/spoiler] was the captain of though.

Here's what some people said and some of it sort of makes me wonder a bit more...

[quote][spoiler]. He is a Shinigami in the Captain Class.

2. He knowns more than he lets on.

3. He has a history of some kind with Urahara Kisuke.

If you are basing your evidence off the fact that Ichimaru Gin is the Fairly New Captain of the 3rd Division then you can just as easily say that Kurosaki Isshin was the Captain of the 6th Division; as Kuchiki Byakuya was promoted to that rank at around the same time Ichimaru became the the 3rd's Captain.

You could also say that he was the Captain of either the 8th or the 13th because, as you recall, Ukitake Juushiro and Kyouraku Shunsui weren't always the Captains of those Divisions either. Or that he led the 5th Division before Aizen Sousuke was around since they never specify exactly how old he is.

Then there were the previously stated 11th Captain who faked his own death and the 10th Captain before Hitsugaya Toushiro.

My point is that there is no evidence to support which squad he was Captain, Vice-Captain, Third Seat or even in at all. This is all conjecture on our parts which I freely admitted to by calling my theory just that, a theory.

The only way we can find out for certain is if Kubotite, the creator of Bleach, gets around to telling us. Until then it's all just theory. [/quote][/spoiler]

[quote][spoiler]Yoruichi was hidding for 100 years and Urahara got exiled around the same time maybe? Isshin stated the last time he went into Shinigami form was 20 years ago. If he indeed was a Captain, the changes in Captains would have to be VERY recent.

1st - Nope

2nd - I have a strong feeling Yoruichi was Captain then left and Soi Fong took over right after.

3rd - Possible, so are most of the other divisons.

4th - He is a doctor after all...

5th - When Hinamori first started training Aizen was Captain of the 5th, it would've taken a long time to get up to Vice Captain. Hinamori is good but not that good... I have a feeling Aizen was a Captain for quite some time.

6th - Byakuya probably had a Captaincy reserved for him or something, he's strong and of noble family. But it's still a possible choice.

7th - Possible

8th - Kyouraku was the first.

9th - Possible

10th - Hitsugaya is indeed the youngest Captain, I could see as a possiblity. But I think he would've recongized Ichigo's last name or seeing his predeccessor.

11th - Kenpachi did defeat the previous Captain but they never stated how long ago he did this. Tousen was disturbed by Kenpachi's fight still.. so if it was long ago and he's still uneasy about it... I don't know, I have a feeling it was pretty recent ^^;;

12th - Already talked about it.

13th - Ukitake was the first.

We know too little information to give him a definate spot but I'm liking all the speculations and theories =) [/quote][/spoiler]

They bring up some nice points that makes me go hmmm..... Now I gotta put my brain to work..... But I'll do that after I see the next chapter.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=Trebuchet MS]Satisfy your Bleach lust with the manga instead. It's getting really good again, after a faily dull sub-arc.

And my theory in my above post is utterly wrong, because we've been told by Urahara that [spoiler]the vampires are humans with powers, like Quincy, and Baiken, the bad guy in Sealed Sword Frenzy, is a Shinigami[/spoiler].
[/font]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS]Satisfy your Bleach lust with the manga instead. It's getting really good again, after a faily dull sub-arc.
[/font][/QUOTE]

It pretty much well has anyways. I mean with [spoiler]Ichigo going off to train with the Vizards, I really don't know what kind of training that Sado is doing with Urahara, I am just thinking that his armor or whatever the thing is, is either going to be on both his arms now or maybe cover his full body. Ishida is going of training with his father to get his powers back, I am hoping when he gets them back its more like the power he had when he found Mayuri even I know that its highly not possible. and...I really don't know about Orihime, she may be training herself.

As for what is currently happening, with ichigo's training he is just with the vizards for now, trying to control his inner hollow. He got transported back to his world (the thing witht he building thats sideways) and is fighting his inner hollow.[/spoiler] Thats all that has been said, I don't like cliffhangers.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
I agree this last chapter is a serious cliff hanger but the story is quite good I finally got caught up on the last few episodes of the anime too and was unimpressed vampires are just not the best way to go in this type of show what next werewolves?

Back to the manga 218 [spoiler] was extremely hard to wait for but sadly I read through it too quickly and now no I will be waiting at least another couple weeks before this fight ends. On the plus side I've been waiting for this for a while so it's well worth it hollow Ichigo looks like he's going to put on a show in the real and spiritual realm now we get to see more of the new teams moves.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE=Ben Holiday]I agree this last chapter is a serious cliff hanger but the story is quite good I finally got caught up on the last few episodes of the anime too and was unimpressed vampires are just not the best way to go in this type of show what next werewolves?

Back to the manga 218 [spoiler] was extremely hard to wait for but sadly I read through it too quickly and now no I will be waiting at least another couple weeks before this fight ends. On the plus side I've been waiting for this for a while so it's well worth it hollow Ichigo looks like he's going to put on a show in the real and spiritual realm now we get to see more of the new teams moves.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

amen to that. And i can't wait for the next chapters.

Edit: Just watched episode 72 and I must say that it's going even further down hill. It almost seems as if their just setting up a reunion of characters from the second arc for no reason what so ever. There are random interjections in each ep at the moment which are completely separate to the Bountou arc (or so it seems).

• 2 weeks later...
[color=darkslateblue] Bleach manga chapter 220: [spoiler] *shifty eyes* I like Shirosaki. I said it. I'll go hide in a corner now. When I reached the last page, I made an audible sigh... for some reason Bleach chapters seem to be pretty short.

I hope Ichigo gets beaten down a bit by Shirosaki, just because I don't want him becoming all-powerful or anything. I also hope that it's not a 'If Ichigo wins we never see hollow!Ichigo again' situation...although I doubt that, seeing as it's such a big thing. [/spoiler][/color]

[spoiler]Shirosaki?[/spoiler] Are people just coming up with random names for this guy? I've heard people say [spoiler]Hichigo and Hollow Ichi[/spoiler] Is that his name or is it just another made up name?

[quote name='lunox][spoiler']I hope Ichigo gets beaten down a bit by Shirosaki, just because I don't want him becoming all-powerful or anything. I also hope that it's not a 'If Ichigo wins we never see hollow!Ichigo again' situation...although I doubt that, seeing as it's such a big thing. [/quote][/spoiler]

[spoiler]Judging by how ch 220 ended, I'm going to say that the beatdowns for Ichigo is over. It's more like the tides are turning.... you know, like in all the other shows how a hero gets pummelled in the beginning and near the last little bit they get this sudden burst of power or something of that such.[/spoiler]

[COLOR=#656446]Oh. I was wondering [spoiler]who Shirosaki was. "Ikasoruk" I get, but I really thought Shirosaki was the spectacle-girl.[/spoiler] Hehe.

Nah, I don't think [spoiler]we're gonna see the last of Shirosaki once Ichigo beats him. I'm guessing he'll be incorporated into Ichigo's Bankai or something. Since Ichi's got an insanely powerful opponent, injecting more god-mode juice into his Bankai seems like the only way he can get more powerful.

He won't exist as a single, independent entity at least.[/spoiler] *shrugs* That's what I think.[/COLOR]

hi im daredevilsdad what chapter are you talking about is it 220 when [spoiler]ichigo gets stabed by the ichigo in white clothes(evil ichigo) and his sword changes into his own if that makes any sense anyway i dont get who Shirosaki is and the (evil ichigo) says he is zangetsu(his sword) but what happened to the other guy the who trained ichigo and made him get bankai [/spoiler]. can someone plz explain this to me

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='daredevilsdad]hi im daredevilsdad what chapter are you talking about is it 220 when [spoiler]ichigo gets stabed by the ichigo in white clothes(evil ichigo) and his sword changes into his own if that makes any sense anyway i dont get who Shirosaki is and the (evil ichigo) says he is zangetsu(his sword) but what happened to the other guy the who trained ichigo and made him get bankai [/spoiler']. can someone plz explain this to me[/quote]

[color=dimgray] [spoiler]Well, basically Ichigo and hollow!Ichigo are fighting for dominance over their physical body (Shirosaki is hollow!Ichigo). It doesn't really have anything to do with Urahara or Yoruichi. [/spoiler]

In regards to chapters 221-223:[spoiler] The fight between Ichigo and hollow!Ichigo was surprisingly short. I was sort of let down by it, but I guess things picked up when Hitsugaya and Matsumoto learned more about what Aizen was going to do. I'm guessing that's it's spring in the Bleach manga right now, so they'll be training until winter for the big fight. Hopefully Ichigo was start training with the vizards.[/spoiler][/color]

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=dimgray] [spoiler]Well, basically Ichigo and hollow!Ichigo are fighting for dominance over their physical body (Shirosaki is hollow!Ichigo). It doesn't really have anything to do with Urahara or Yoruichi. [/spoiler]

In regards to chapters 221-223:[spoiler] The fight between Ichigo and hollow!Ichigo was surprisingly short. I was sort of let down by it, but I guess things picked up when Hitsugaya and Matsumoto learned more about what Aizen was going to do. I'm guessing that's it's spring in the Bleach manga right now, so they'll be training until winter for the big fight. Hopefully Ichigo was start training with the vizards.[/spoiler][/color][/QUOTE]
[spoiler]I would assume it's still summer. 4 months of training, and the fight starts in the winter, which is in December... count 4 months back, it's between either July or August.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]If Aizen succeeds, Ichigo and company will have a crappy Christmas. I wonder if that spirit king fellow they mentioned would show himself around that time.... [/spoiler]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ha! I always though there was a kind of a similarity between bleach and naruto. The whole[spoiler] "you have until winter to train your bodies! use the time well" Doesn't that seem alot like in Naruto when they did the EXACT same thing..only they had three years to do so instead of a couple of months. Yet here are my predictions on how everyone is going to develop.

[list]
[*]Inoue: She will some how be able to advance her little.fairy things. Maybe even find a way to use them along with a sword, or EVEN! find a way to fuse them with a sword
[*]Ishida: I am pretty sure that when he gets his power back after breaking the spirit wall stuff in the room which he is training with his father. He is going to be able to get a new bow that looks like the one when he fought with Mayuri.
[*]Sado: He will develop his armor so that it will cover his whole body and then he can really start to kick some ***
[*]Ichigo: He will get a new sword ability and maybe find a way to go higher than Bankai.
[/list]

Yet those are only my predictions. If any of them actually turn out to be, then I can freaking see into the future! I still don't really get about the key thing though. I am guessing that Azien wants to become the new king for..something?[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
[list][spoiler]
[*]Ichigo: He will get a new sword ability and maybe find a way to go higher than Bankai.
[/list]

Yet those are only my predictions. If any of them actually turn out to be, then I can freaking see into the future! I still don't really get about the key thing though. I am guessing that Azien wants to become the new king for..something?[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[spoiler] Actually, I think Ichigo will have to catch up on some of the basics. It seems as if he rushed through the whole natural process of training, so he doesn't know some fundamental things. Like hiding your spirit power, for one. :3 I think he'll learn the basics he's missed, and then discover some mad cool move with in Bankai.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Lunox][spoiler'] Actually, I think Ichigo will have to catch up on some of the basics. It seems as if he rushed through the whole natural process of training, so he doesn't know some fundamental things. Like hiding your spirit power, for one. :3 I think he'll learn the basics he's missed, and then discover some mad cool move with in Bankai.[/spoiler][/quote]
I want to agree with that because [spoiler]Ichigo still needs to learn demon arts.... that is if they'll ever have him to use it.[/spoiler] But I don't think going over all the basic fundamentals will be necessary. Probably because [spoiler]Aizen is probably well aware of them knowing his plans by now.... And so he should know that they're preparing for war. (Atleast he should know, if not, I'd be highly disappointed)[/spoiler] So there would be no point in teaching Ichigo to surpress his powers at this point.

Honestly, I don't think they're going to show much of Ichigo's training, but then again they showed most of his training [spoiler]when Ichigo and company was preparing for Soul Society[/spoiler]

I wonder if [spoiler]Tatsuki[/spoiler] is going to play any type of role at this point.

What else.... hmm.... oh... [spoiler]I want to see Gin and Aizen's Ban-Kai[/spoiler] /random note.

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=dimgray] [spoiler]Well, basically Ichigo and hollow!Ichigo are fighting for dominance over their physical body (Shirosaki is hollow!Ichigo). It doesn't really have anything to do with Urahara or Yoruichi. [/spoiler]

In regards to chapters 221-223:[spoiler] The fight between Ichigo and hollow!Ichigo was surprisingly short. I was sort of let down by it, but I guess things picked up when Hitsugaya and Matsumoto learned more about what Aizen was going to do. I'm guessing that's it's spring in the Bleach manga right now, so they'll be training until winter for the big fight. Hopefully Ichigo was start training with the vizards.[/spoiler][/color][/QUOTE]

thanx i get it now :animeswea and the story has finally started to get interesting again cant wait for 224

So chapter 224's been out for a bit. I didn't really care much for this chapter.... I guess it's because it's slow or something. And [spoiler]Hinamori[/spoiler] probably spoiled it for me. Not saying she's a bad character or anything. I just hate it when people get indenial about other people and can't face the facts.

At the end of the chapter. When [spoiler]Orihime[/spoiler] showed up, is that a skinny person standing next to her? [spoiler]Ishida?[/spoiler]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I think that's just a piece of twisted metal or something. As far as we know, Ishida's still [spoiler]getting beaten up by his dad[/spoiler].

I liked this chapter much more than 223, which was overly full of exposition. Kubo Tite's proven himself to be an incredibly capable writer, so an entire chapter of explanation seemed a bit off to me. That information could easily have been revealed gradually, rather than dumping a great big massive block of new facts on my head all at once. [spoiler]Hinamori[/spoiler] was as annoying as ever, obviously, but the first half of the chapter was saved by [spoiler]Yama-jii sending her to sleep[/spoiler]!

Looks like the next few chapters might concentrate on [spoiler]Chad's training with Bankai Renji[/spoiler], which would be All of the Awesome.[/FONT]

Speaking of [spoiler]Chad's training[/spoiler]. I hope they reveal alot more. Because of what [spoiler]Urahara[/spoiler] was thinking to himself has me intrigued. [spoiler]Chad being able to use the power of Ban-Kai....[/spoiler] This is just saying he can use the power instead of going through the [spoiler]transformation of a ban-kai[/spoiler] right?

Urahara's an interesting fellow.....

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Yeah, I assume Urahara's comment is referring to power levels rather than [spoiler]the actual process of Ban Kai; Chad will gain power equivalent to Ban Kai, without actually having one[/spoiler].

Even more interesting in this chapter is Urahara's little insight into his own Ban Kai. I think the Manga7 translation has him saying: [spoiler]"the ability to train or lend power to people ... my Ban Kai just isn't capable of such things"[/spoiler]. So what I infer from this is that his Ban Kai is either [spoiler]a sneaky sideways one like Aizen's Hypnosis, or it's so uber-destructive training against it would kill you[/spoiler]![/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I am so far behind all of you. I only just started reading Bleach and just finished chapter 70 where Ichigo, Orihime, Chad & Uryu are entering the [spoiler]gate to the Soul Society in order to rescue Rukia. [/spoiler]

I wasn?t sure what to expect when I started reading it but so far I?ve been enjoying it quite a bit. My only regret was to realize that it?s not available on DVD here in America yet.
[/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][quote name='SunfallE][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]My only regret was to realize that it?s not available on DVD here in America yet.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]I believe it starts airing on Adult Swim sometime this year.

I'm interested to see where KT takes Bleach next. He's given us his long-range plans, i.e. that [spoiler]Aizen will attack in about four months and everyone should train up[/spoiler]. But the Soul Society arc covered two or three months, story time, and took [I]years[/I] to conclude in real world time. So these four months of training can't only contain training, surely? After all, [spoiler]Ichigo's already powered up, and Chad and Renji are getting there[/spoiler]. So something has to go pear-shaped in order to keep the story interesting.

I'm anticipating [spoiler]an Ichigo-Grimmjow rematch, for one thing. Grimmjow pwned Ichigo before, but Ichigo wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders - he was essentially trying to fight Grimmjow without letting Wichigo out. So I suspect when they fight again, Grimmjow will underestimate him spectacularly - and I'm especially looking forward to his expression when Ichigo's mask comes out[/spoiler].[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I believe it starts airing on Adult Swim sometime this year.

I'm interested to see where KT takes Bleach next. He's given us his long-range plans, i.e. that [spoiler]Aizen will attack in about four months and everyone should train up[/spoiler]. But the Soul Society arc covered two or three months, story time, and took [I]years[/I] to conclude in real world time. So these four months of training can't only contain training, surely? After all, [spoiler]Ichigo's already powered up, and Chad and Renji are getting there[/spoiler]. So something has to go pear-shaped in order to keep the story interesting.

I'm anticipating [spoiler]an Ichigo-Grimmjow rematch, for one thing. Grimmjow pwned Ichigo before, but Ichigo wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders - he was essentially trying to fight Grimmjow without letting Wichigo out. So I suspect when they fight again, Grimmjow will underestimate him spectacularly - and I'm especially looking forward to his expression when Ichigo's mask comes out[/spoiler].[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Yuppers, starts this fall. Can't say that I'm not stoked about it, but I also feel it's going to be a little rushed.... "shrugs"

I can't really say anything about where the story will go from here within the 4 months of training. (I've never been good with predicting things) Seeing that there will be no chapter to be released this week. (source from Bleachexile) There is a new volume though with [spoiler]Uliquiorra (sp?)[/spoiler] on the cover... so maybe they'll reveal something dealing with him.. "shrugs"

As far as the [spoiler]Ichigo and Grimmjow rematch[/spoiler], I don't know. He does seem like the type to underestimate people. Maybe he'll give a bigger reaction than [spoiler]Byakuya[/spoiler] ^^