OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Not really, I would really find that scene funny in an ironic way.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

true, but that seems like it might be a bit much... [spoiler]imean she DID already have to kill him once... twice is just... a little cruel maybe? but maybe that's been part of aizen's plan all along?[/spoiler]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler]Maybe it was Gin's plan all along? He seems to have a morbid fascination for taunting the poor girl.

If it turns out he was an enemy all along and Rukia just kills him, then bringing him back into the story in the first place would be utterly pointless in story terms. He'll survive for a while yet.

More importantly, Noitora's going after "some massive reiatsu" ... Ichigo's going to have another dangerous run-in fairly soon, methinks. Unless the Kenpachi parallels continue and Noitora's sense of direction is terrible. But then, he found Chad ...[/spoiler]

[color=darkblue][size=1][b]Tsk, tsk. Someone's slipping with the spoiler tag use... -Kei[/color][/size][/b]

[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]^I wouldn't think so,[/color] [spoiler]since soul burial was used on plus' and the souls in Hueco Mundo aren't plus' I think.

And even if she could, she would have to get close enough to use it without being skewered or whatever'd by his swords' power.[/FONT][/SIZE][/spoiler]

[color=#656446]Ah, [spoiler]even Hollows in the Karakura can go to Soul Society. That's what Rukia said after Sora Inoue slashed himself with Zangetsu.[/spoiler] What I mean was, [spoiler]since Hueco Mundo's neither in Soul Society nor in Ichigo's world, will the souls inside the Hollows/Arrancar go to Soul Society after being cut up by a zanpakutou?[/spoiler] What do you think?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Raiyuu]Actually, ch263 pretty much clears it up. [spoiler]The Hollow that attacked Kaien was programmed by Aizen to return to Hueco Mundo on dying so he could study it. The Hollow fused completely with Kaien, so he went with it to Hueco Mundo. But it turned out his personality was in the dominant - although that looks to be only a half-truth, as his other persona shows through right at the end there[/spoiler].

The only part of the explanation that bothers me is [spoiler]"so I switched places with one of the Espada". You'd think Aizen would notice, even under the PC-tower mask, and how did he manage to dispose of the previous number 9?[/spoiler]

I'm just incredibly glad it wasn't a [spoiler]shapeshifter[/spoiler]. That would have been a hella cheap plot device.[/QUOTE]
With all that being said, and according from what I read of ch.264, I'm wondering if all of that was a lie. This seems like something [spoiler]Gin[/spoiler] would pull off. Seeing how he likes to toy with Rukia and whatnot.

Gin certainly is toying with people - it looks like he's [spoiler]moving the corridors around to bring certain people together (Rukia and Kaien, for example)[/spoiler].

And yes, the new chapter throws some doubt on things - but I'm still going to believe [spoiler]Kaien's explanation (i.e. that he is a fusion of Kaien and the Hollow) for the time being. The only variable right now is whether it's Kaien or the Hollow in control, or whether any of Kaien's consciousness remains at all[/spoiler].

The other thing this week: [spoiler]Espada number 8, Zael Apollo Grantz. Not only has KT given us another Espada rank, but this guy's last name is the same as the Arrancar Renji cut up in Night of Sledgehammer (a battle that'll happen in the next couple of episodes of the anime, on a related note). Yet more evidence that Gin is manipulating who fights who? And if he is, is it to give the heroes an easier ride, a harder ride, or simply to amuse himself? Rukia vs. Kaien round 2 and Renji vs. a poentially vengeful member of Ilforte's family would certainly be interesting for him to watch[/spoiler].

And on a side note, I love how unimpressed Renji looks in the final panel. I'd be annoyed if I did my big self-important entrance through the settling dust and got [i]that[/i] reaction.

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][spoiler]Upon reading 266, it probably isnt Kaien anymore but ..what madballs in a testube, they even got tattoos.

Yet probably this still confuses more and it still doesnt change the minds of others who still think it's Kaien. Then again, it could have be an illusion or a shapeshifter in the end.
Kubo, you've done it again, with surprises and mindfreakery. Heh, totally wasnt expecting that. .[/spoiler] [/SIZE]

Lol, Madballs good stuff now I don't feel so old. Seeing Rukia's attacker true face was interesting. I can't wait to see what comes of this.

[spoiler] I wonder if one of those shrunken heads is Kaien and the other head the hollow that possesed him?[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
[font=times new roman][spoiler]At this point I am expecting either Soul Society to step in somewhere, or a quick save from Urahara and Youruchii. (sp?)[/spoiler] Seeing that there's always been some type of quick save in desperate situations. Maybe I'm taking Ichigo a bit too lightly, but then again, I just don't think he can beat [spoiler]Ulquiorra[/spoiler] at the moment.[/font]

[quote name='Phenom][font=times new roman][spoiler]At this point I am expecting either Soul Society to step in somewhere, or a quick save from Urahara and Youruchii. (sp?)[/spoiler] Seeing that there's always been some type of quick save in desperate situations. Maybe I'm taking Ichigo a bit too lightly, but then again, I just don't think he can beat [spoiler]Ulquiorra[/spoiler'] at the moment.[/font][/quote]

You make a good point...I can actually see that happening. o_O If that did happen though, I'd be really disappointed.

[quote name='Phenom][font=times new roman]I just don't think he can beat [spoiler]Ulquiorra[/spoiler'] at the moment.[/font][/quote]

yeah, i don't think he's strong enough yet... even though he does tend to pull through at the last moment a lot of the time... even so, everyone's getting pretty beat up right now, and it's abut time for some more reinforcements like yoruichi-san and urahara or someone..[spoiler] i wonder what urahara's doing with tatsuki and that other dude? he wouldn't have just let them in w/out some kind of plan about making them useful somehow...[/spoiler]

I doubt we'll get reinforcements. If anything, this arc is tending towards [spoiler]a sound defeat and retreat by our heroes. Chad's down, Rukia's down - and unlike the Soul Society arc, as far as we can tell they're just being left where they are. I can't see the Espada bandaging them up and throwing them in jail. And if Ulquiorra is half as powerful as it's been hinted he is, Ichigo has his work cut out, helpful hacks from Nell or not[/spoiler].

If Hueco Mundo is suddenly overrun by Vizards or Captains it'll be a bit *yawn*. The good guys need to lose this one, so they have more invested in the winter war.

[QUOTE=Raiyuu]I doubt we'll get reinforcements. If anything, this arc is tending towards [spoiler]a sound defeat and retreat by our heroes. Chad's down, Rukia's down - and unlike the Soul Society arc, as far as we can tell they're just being left where they are. I can't see the Espada bandaging them up and throwing them in jail. And if Ulquiorra is half as powerful as it's been hinted he is, Ichigo has his work cut out, helpful hacks from Nell or not[/spoiler].

If Hueco Mundo is suddenly overrun by Vizards or Captains it'll be a bit *yawn*. The good guys need to lose this one, so they have more invested in the winter war.[/QUOTE]
[font=times new roman][spoiler]While a defeat is at hand, and it is about that time for a retreat, but I can't see anyone retreating outside of Ishida. Ichigo and Renji are too rash and stubborn to know when it's time to bail.[/spoiler]

But if they do smarten up and [spoiler]decide to retreat, I don't see the espadas actually letting them go either :), although Aizen made it pretty clear that they're not worth the time, so maybe they will let them go.[/spoiler] (But that don't sound right or smart at all.) So I have to stick with my speculation of a rescue (2nd rescue) or something.[/font]

[font=times new roman]Now 270 is a rather interesting chapter. Here we have Ichigo [spoiler]fully powered, over powering Ulquiorra (maybe I am underestimating Ichigo a bit.), but Ulquiorra looking as calm as ever, not to mention, unreleased yet.[/spoiler] I've never been interested in the rankings of the Espadas, but now I'm kind of wondering Ulquiorra's rank.

I think I have to retract a few statements. [spoiler]One in particular, the espadas not letting Ichigo and friends leave, or perhaps Ulquiorra's just too nice, lol.[/spoiler]

I look forward to the next chapter.[/font]

[spoiler]as far as Ichigo's strength goes, Ulquiorra did say that Ichigo's reiatsu was, at it's highest point, a lot stronger than his, so he already had the potential to be that strong, the question was whether he'd trained enough to actually be a match for him or not... and this chapter proves that he had... even if Ulquiorra isn't totally defeated next chapter as I suspect...

a side note.. Ichigo on feeling Chad's reiatsu dwindling: "must believe that he's ok!" On hearing Rukia's supposedly dead: "i'm going to save her"... :) not unexpected, but still kinda funny..[/spoiler]

[spoiler]So Ulquiorra's ranking is finally revealed. Number 4, so does that mean Noitora is #1 since he stated it? I haven't seen an Espada that lies yet, lol, so...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Poor Ichigo, stabbed in the chest yet again.[/spoiler] Isn't that where his powers lie or something like that? [spoiler]I still stand with a quick save or reinforcements coming around. Sure, Nell can heal Ichigo, but I don't think that'll actually at this point.[/spoiler]

Neutra likes to tell anyone that's listening that he's the strongest. Ergo, he isn't. If he was number one he wouldn't need to run around looking for strong people to prove himself against.

Conclusion: Neutra is full of hot air.

[font=comic sans ms]I'm just going to keep my mouth shut from now on when trying to predict the outcome of mangas. Now I have to eat my words about Ulquiorra (or Espadas in general.) not letting Ichigo just up and leave, but then again, I guess I should've seen it coming, oh well.

I was beginning to wonder what was going on with Grimmjow seeing how he's been absent for quite some time. [spoiler]Perhaps another betrayal? Like with Renji in the Soul Society arc.[/spoiler]

What was the deal with [spoiler]them girls at the end of the chapter beating on Inoue?[/spoiler] Jealousy?[/font]