OtakuBoards

Disney Movies Anyone?

Minako

Well, looking back, I first posted this thread two years ago last January, so I thought, that there must be a new group of new people that didn't see this thread way back then, so I thought I'd resurrect it.

So, to make this thread interesting, what's your favorite Disney movie (animated or live-action), and why is it your favorite?

I have several favorites:
[COLOR=Indigo][B]Lion King[/B][/COLOR] - It has WONDERFUL art as well as it makes me cry every time, heh heh.
[COLOR=Indigo][B]Finding Nemo [/B][/COLOR] - also has wonderful graphics, and I just love the bright colors
[COLOR=Indigo][B]The Incredibles[/B][/COLOR] - I love the whole super hero thing. Hopefully it will give the people of today a reminder that there ARE heroes (well..not super heroes) but you know what I mean.

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=Minako]Well, looking back, I first posted this thread two years ago last January, so I thought, that there must be a new group of new people that didn't see this thread way back then, so I thought I'd resurrect it.

So, to make this thread interesting, what's your favorite Disney movie (animated or live-action), and why is it your favorite?

I have several favorites:
[COLOR=Indigo][B]Lion King[/B][/COLOR] - It has WONDERFUL art as well as it makes me cry every time, heh heh.
[COLOR=Indigo][B]Finding Nemo [/B][/COLOR] - also has wonderful graphics, and I just love the bright colors
[COLOR=Indigo][B]The Incredibles[/B][/COLOR] - I love the whole super hero thing. Hopefully it will give the people of today a reminder that there ARE heroes (well..not super heroes) but you know what I mean.[/QUOTE]

hmm my favorite id say the goonies

ahaha that funny look at my name it matches the forum completly[that D though doesnt mean disney]

[color=dodgerblue]Ooh! I watched all three Lion King movies this past week, and ah, the sweet childhood memories of popcorn and bashing people over the head with pillows and little mermaid videos ^_^

o_O;; Anyways, I love most Disney movies. I did love Finding Nemo, but I also loved Aladdin, The Sword in the Stone, The Incredibles, The Little Mermaid, Beauty & The Beast, etc, etc. Lol, my fav. Disney character would have to be Donald Duck ^_^[/color]

[size=1][color=hotpink]I personally love some of the older ones, such as [b]The Little Mermaid[/b], [b]Cinderalla[/b], and [b]Robin Hood[/b] (<3 <3 <3), but then some of the newer ones are just absolutely HILARIOUS. My two favorites of the newer variety would have to be [b]The Emperor's New Groove[/b] and [b]Monsters Inc[/b]. I am ALWAYS up for a Disney flick. Good cuddle movies. ^_^[/size][/color]

[size=1][font=georgia]Oh my goodness, I love this Disney stuff.

Well, as long as I can remember, my favorite Disney movie has and probably always will be, [b]Bambi.[/b] That movie always touched me, and it had blends of romance, tragedy, and all that good stuff that made me really like it. I remember having a Bambi plastic figure once, and every time I would watch Bambi, I'd hold that little plastic toy in my hand close to me. It's in my room somewhere now, probably behind some dresser though.

Runner ups to my favorites have to be [b]Pirates of the Carribean,[/b] [b]Hercules,[/b] and [b]Dumbo.[/b][/size][/font]

[size=1][color=slategray]Those Disney folks are perverts. XD
I can't say that I really like the newer Disney movies, quite frankly, they are running out of ideas. But, when it comes to the old stuff, I'm all for them. I adore [B]Bambi[/B]. It's always been one of my favorite movies, Thumper is by far one of the best characters ever. That movie always makes me sad, and I love the songs, such as "Little April Showers." HA... that was the first song I listened to the year of 2006. I was downing Sparkling Cider blasting Disney songs with my older sister. XD

Anyway, [B]Beauty and the Beast[/B] is another. I don't know, something about Gaston prancing around in his manly boots trying to woo Belle, haha.

I'm in love with [B]Mulan[/B] and [B]Mulan 2[/B]. Best. Disney. Movies. Ever. They are hilarious and bring up a wonderful struggle point. I have to admit, [B]Mulan 2[/B] is very cheesey, but I still love it... just because it's so funny. "I saved the fruit!" ... "...And I saved you..." He sounds like such a child predator. XD

And who can't love [B]Nightmare Before Christmas[/B]? I didn't even realize that it was a Disney film until a few weeks ago when I was looking at the cover. Haha.

There are so many good ones, mainly the older ones, though. Like, [B]Hunchback of Notre Daum[/B]( I can't spell that worth crap... oh well.) and [B]Little Mermaid[/B], [B]The Emperor's New Groove[/B](LLAMAS! >>)... etc.
I need to dig through my VHS collection one of these weekends and do some Disney recollection.[/color][/size]

Guest Arellasan
Ah, Disney movies. Such childhood memories they can bring, and some pretty recent ones, too. Some of my favorite golden oldies are 101 Dalmatians, Robin Hood, and Lady and the Tramp. Some recent ones I think are great are The Lion King, and Mulan and generally the ones done with Pixar Animation Studios, such as Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles. These are wonderfully done, very colorful and very funny.

[font=garmond][size=2][color=navy]Well I didn't see that anyone had this one yet... I love [b]Sleeping Beauty[/b] and I also like [b]Pirates of the Carribbean[/b] and there are many other ones that I enjoy, but those are the ones that I like. So yeah... it is always a good time for a Disney movie... I would definately have to agree with Queen Asuka.[/font][/color][/size]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Where to start! I love Disney movies....Ok not all there are some bad ones but there are lots and lots of good ones too! Oh I have lots so My favorites....Well Here are some of my favorite ones of all time......

[B]Peter Pan:[/B] Because I'd love to never grow up! I use too ( still do) Wish I could fly away to Never Never Land and live there forever and never grow -up! Never get old and have fun! It's true and sad that when many people grow up they lose their sense of fun adventure, sillyness...IMAGINATION!

[B]Bambi:[/B] TEAR JERKER! Of course the book is even sadder than the movie! Disney tonned it down a little but it's still sad! I love animals! I've always liked it...expect when his mom dies! Evil HUNTERS! Stupid humans!!!!!! Why is it that if it's Disney and there is animlas in in...it usually SAD!?

[B]Bambi 2: Bambi and The Prince of the forest:[/B] Ok so normallY I find Diesney's seqeuls especially the made 50 years after the original and brought straight out to video not so good! But with this I was so sruprised! It's so funny! It's so good! Honestly it's like the best one of it's kind...and they did it so well. It could have been made right after the fisrt one. Only thing is it's alittle too short. I think it could have been longer. And no one dies! But they still put in a sad tear jerker part..of course!

[B]The Incredible Journey[/B]: It's so close to the book. Very well done,...cute animals...and they don't die! I'm talking about the original 1960's version. Ya it was made around that time. Good movie.

[B]The Incredible Journey: Homewardbound:[/B] Now this is the newer version still based on the same book. I really like it too. The adding of the voices to the animals adds lots to it. This one has moredifferences in it from the book. Best of all the pets don't get killed.

[B]The Incredicle Journey: Lost in San Fransico:[/B] So the seqeul here is actually good. Just made up not based on a book same pest difdernt adventure. Oh ya no one dies either! :)

[B]The Lion King:[/B] I remember seeing this when it came out..a few times! Ok a big step with them showing Mufasa's death too. I mean before in Disney cartoons "deaths" weren't shown as in Bambi where hey you hear it and it's understood. For a little kid movie this was I know pwople were upset when it came out and they showed. But I love this movie.

[B]
Snow Whit and The Seven Dwarfs:[/B] Well based a a classic fairy tale and it's a classic. The fisrt full lenght cartoon movie ever! A big step...everything that has come since it and everything to come is because of it! Walt Disney was an amazing person with an awesome imagination! His name means, magic,fun,adventure,fantasy,heors,rides,believing.....still being a kid!

Ok I could go on forever..LOl but that's agood note to leave it on.[/COLOR]

the only thing that i am baffled by here is that only (i think this is correct) 2 people have said anything about nightmare before christmas by tim burton. Could it be the fact that people just dont know that that is a disney movie cuase if so then this goes out to all those people out threre. nightmare before christmas IS a disney movie :catgirl:

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][quote name='Senko']the only thing that i am baffled by here is that only (i think this is correct) 2 people have said anything about nightmare before christmas by tim burton. Could it be the fact that people just dont know that that is a disney movie cuase if so then this goes out to all those people out threre. nightmare before christmas IS a disney movie :catgirl:[/quote]
Probably because 'Disney movie' is usually associated with their animation (not their claymation), and the fact that The Nightmare Before Christmas was distributed through [b]Touchstone Pictures[/b]. While Touchstone Pictures is owned by Disney, movies released through it aren't really considered 'Disney' movies.

Anyway, my favourite Disney movie is... Finding Nemo. I've never really seen many of the older films, so I can't comment on the 'classics'. I can say, though, that the 3D stuff Disney create with Pixar is usually fantastic. 'Cars' doesn't look amazing though, but we'll see.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest Stafal-chan
haha umm okay Lion King was my all time fav as a little kid...umm i liked Pocohantus only becuase the racoon was hilarious and jumping from the top of a waterfall seemed really cool...oh adn the willow tree was cool...i dun think i realyl cared about the storyline.. ^_^ uhh a newer one would be Pirates of the Carribean....okay but that could just be b/c i think Orlando Bloom is HOT :animesmil and Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow was f*ing hilarious..

oh the Nightmare Before X-mas was oen of my fav's too...but haha probably 'till i was like 10 i watched all of the Disney Movies made... heyy is the movie the Princess and the Goblin a disney movie??? cuz that was a fav too ^_^

[QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]
Probably because 'Disney movie' is usually associated with their animation (not their claymation), and the fact that The Nightmare Before Christmas was distributed through [b]Touchstone Pictures[/b]. While Touchstone Pictures is owned by Disney, movies released through it aren't really considered 'Disney' movies.

Anyway, my favourite Disney movie is... Finding Nemo. I've never really seen many of the older films, so I can't comment on the 'classics'. I can say, though, that the 3D stuff Disney create with Pixar is usually fantastic. 'Cars' doesn't look amazing though, but we'll see.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

true true i see where you are coming from but still teechnichly it is a disney movie still :p. :catgirl:

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Plum]Some of my favourite Disney movies have to be

Peter Pan
Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
and
Anastasia

those are all the movies i really remember loving...just a quick fact for all you Finding Nemo lovers, the word 'nemo' in Laitn means 'no one' so the whole joke about the movie Finding Nemo is "Finding No One"...[/COLOR][/FONT]

I can quote just about every single line in [B]Aladdin[/B] and [B]Finding Nemo[/B] and I do it frequently! It scares/amuses my friends. I can't help it. I've seen both movies so many times that they've grown on me! The most memorable Disney characters (protagonists) for me are [B]Genie[/B] and [B]Dori[/B]. Oddly enough my favorite villian was [B]Maleficent[/B] (can't spell right now ><;) from...(duh!) [B]Sleeping Beauty[/B]. I liked her character design and I dunno...I just always thought of her as a classy evil woman. ^-^

I'm glad to see how many Disney lovers there are!!

I must add [B]High School Musical[/B] to my list of favorites, I think. The songs are so catchy and nice.

And, [B][COLOR=DarkRed]LadyKnight[/COLOR][/B], Anastacia is [I]not[/I] a Disney movie, that one's made by someone else. (It's one of my all time favorite animated movies that's not by Disney) It's a common misconception, no worries :D

Ah, the good ol disney movies....
I have to admit that I rarely remember them because it's been that long, and I also know that I would only watch a few of them nowdays.

But my favorites were Pirates of the Carribbean and Lion King.

Pirates of the Carribbean ~ Where's the rum or why's the rum gone? I swear, I wouldn't know or remember too much about Johnny Depp if it wasn't for this movie. (That and Once Upon a Time in Mexico) I was almost in tears laughing at his little comments. (They may have seem corny, but for some reason they were funny to me.)

Lion King ~ Don't have much to say about it. I just liked it.

And I'm not sure if Spirit was a disney movie or not, but I liked that one too.

I loved Disney movies, especially animated. However, after the Lion (my favorite of the bunch) and not counting their Pixar collaborations, Disney hasn't done much of anything that has caught my interest (save for Mulan).

I'd love to see Disney regain the fire it once had, when it was the innovator, not another follower (as it did when it jumped on the anime bandwagon to produce "Atlantis" and "Treasur Planet") Some may not like it, but dang it, I want my cute, singing animals back.lol.

I was raised during the peak of Disney, before all the CG animation came around. I was definately a Disney Kid.
Personal favorites of the old days:
[B]The Little Mermaid-[/B] I seriously wanted to be Ariel.
[B]Beauty and the Beast-[/B] I also seriously wanted to be Belle.
[B]A Goofy Movie-[/B] I sang to that soundtrack constantly, it probably drove my parents nuts.
[B]101 Dalmations-[/B] Cruella DeVille, Cruella DeVille, If She Doesn't Scare you... something something something...
[B]The Lion King-[/B] I remember my mom crying, but she cries at almost every Disney movie. Again, I sang to that soundtrack all the time. I even organized a "Broadway Musical" with my little sister and next-door neighbor. Being the diva I am, I [I]had[/I] to have all the main roles.
[B]Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs[/B] The wicked witch scared the poop out of me, but Dopey pwns.

Then there's all the other classics: Peter Pan, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Lady and the Tramp, The Fox and The Hound, Cinderella, The Incredible Journey: Homewardbound.

As well as the more recent favorites: Finding Nemo, Ice Age, The Emperor's New Groove, Lilo and Stitch, The Lion King 1 1/2, Hercules, Brother Bear, Monster's Inc, Toy Story, Pirates of The Carribbean, Mulan, Nightmare Before Christmas....

God the list just goes on. Definately gotta say that once a Disney Kid, [I]always[/I] a Disney Kid.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]
A Walt Disney movie I really enjoyed was Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Most of the animated films are all damsels in distress themes, or the heroic types. Same-o, same-o. There's nothing new any more, except maybe the digtal ones like Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, or Chicken Little. However, there is one Disney movie I'm forward to this summer and it's Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. Other than that I'm good.

Please tell me I'm not the only guy who answered this thread because it would be very embarassing if I was.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Shadow Blade][SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]

Please tell me I'm not the only guy who answered this thread because it would be very embarassing if I was.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

no worrys you arent :animesmil

[SIZE=1]Disney movies always bring back such good memories. I remember seeing The Lion King in theaters when I was little. I feel old. ^_^

Some of my favorites are as follows, no particular order.
- Aladdin
- The Return of Jafar
- The Lion King
- Robin Hood
- 101 Dalmations
- A Goofy Movie
- Cinderella
- Peter Pan
- Lady and the Tramp
- Mulan
- The Fox and The Hound
- Hercules

Among a few others. I really don't like most new Disney movies, or most crappy Disney television shows.[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]I still watch Disney movies. I actually just watched "Freaky Friday" on Saturday.
I have so many favorites.

[B]Lilo and Stitch[/B] - I have the entire movie memorized. Songs, including the opening credits theme in Hawaiian, and dialouge. Hurrah me.

[B]Fox and the Hound[/B] - I would always cry when I watched this movie. When whatsherface leaves Tod (the fox) in the woods. And when his mom gets shot or whatever.

[B]Nightmare Before Christmas[/B] - I watched this all the time with my friends when I was younger. I have bad memories of watching it at a sleep-over in the 4th grade though.

[B]Mulan[/B] - I love Japan, and I just loved this movie.I remember watching it with my friend when she was sick.

[B]Beauty and the Beast[/B] - This was one of the two movies I watched at least 10 (and I am not exagerating) times a day when I was like 3.

[B]The Little Mermaid[/B] - This was the other one. I would always watch the part where Eric and Ariel would get married the most. I don't really know why.

There are probably so many more I am forgetting.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]