OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy X (Yes, another thread)

James

[color=orangered][size=1]I've read two reviews of Final Fantasy X so far (one at GameSpot and one at IGN).

It seems that most are already hailing this game as being the best in the series so far. All the scores I've seen have been above 9.5 out of 10 (some sites scoring the game as high as 10).

The revamped and much improved battle system, the epic storyline, the fleshed out characters (unlike some of the more forgettable ones) seem to be really pushing FFX as being a huge hit.

Some of the biggest changes are apparent, too. The game has more contemporary music (some areas have rock and pop styled music) and more music with lyrics. Overall, I feel a LOT more excited about this game now than I did only a month ago.

Also, Final Fantasy X is a big game for another important reason: it will be Hironobu Sakaguchi's last FF game.

For those of you who don't know, Sakaguchi-san invented Final Fantasy. He has directed every single game in the series, from the first game on the NES...to the latest on PS2.

After this game, there is the medieval styled Final Fantasy XI, which will be 100% online. And then Final Fantasy XII, which will be mostly offline (like FFX), but will be designed by a new designer.

While this might be Sakaguchi-san's last FF game, rather than dwell on nostalgia and stagnate (like FFIX), the latest game marks a turning point (for the better) in the series.

I'm just wondering who here plans to buy this game? And based on reviews you've read, do you feel that Final Fantasy is going in a good or bad direction in terms of game structure and art style.

I urge you to read the review over at [url]http://ps2.ign.com[/url]

The new battle system in particular is being called a "revolution" in the series and one which actually improves the game quite a lot, making it less frustrating.

It'd be cool to hear people's thoughts on the future of Final Fantasy and Hironobu Sakaguchi's departure as director of the series...[/color][/size]

Augh... I have to sign-up for some account thing there... Damn... not enough time... Oh-well... i guess i have something to look forward to tomorrow :).

I don't think I'll be buying FFX.

Well, not until I get a PS2... Which (I bloody hope) might not be too long as I previously thought... But dang, PS2 games are costly... If I do ever play it, I'll either buy it once it comes down in price, or I'll just hire it out...

Before reading the reviews and visiting PlayOnline, I thought FFX was going to be dull.... After watching all the CG movies in the Japanese version (which I didn't understand and it's kinda hard for my sister to translate the whole thing, due to the fact she's a fan of the Japanese pop group SMAP and always finds the time, or makes up time just to watch their music videos etc...) I see Tidus walking around some kind of dungeon holding some kind of glowing ball, doing something with it (later I found out it's for Yuna to learn or acquire summoning beast *don't know what to call them, GF perhaps*. And another fact that the voices for the English Version are kinda 'not' in place, Seymours voice is supposed to be deep, evil kind of voice similar to the Japanese Version, and Lulu's voice is too [SIZE=3]light[/SIZE] to be someone as cold-hearted as her personality. I would think that the japanese voice cast are much better than the english voice cast.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Single H [/i]
[B]*don't know what to call them, GF perhaps*. And another fact that the voices for the English Version are kinda 'not' in place, Seymours voice is supposed to be deep, evil kind of voice similar to the Japanese Version, and Lulu's voice is too [SIZE=3]light[/SIZE] to be someone as cold-hearted as her personality. I would think that the japanese voice cast are much better than the english voice cast..... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Actually, I would prefer no voices at all. Voices ruin it for me -- I prefer to read the text and imagine the voices myself...like with a good book.

Oh well, I really hope that you can disable the voices in the game. Some voices are apparently very good (IGN commented specificially on Lulu and that big hairy dude...I forget his name).

By the way, the summons in FFX are called [b]Aeons[/b]. :lecture: [/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Actually, I would prefer no voices at all. Voices ruin it for me -- I prefer to read the text and imagine the voices myself...like with a good book.

Oh well, I really hope that you can disable the voices in the game. Some voices are apparently very good (IGN commented specificially on Lulu and that big hairy dude...I forget his name).

By the way, the summons in FFX are called [b]Aeons[/b]. :lecture: [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Do you? I allways read the text and would like that better, but i never really imagine the voices, i just read the text, exept for barrets. "That money 's for marline's schoolin' !" *Shakes fist* Heh

I would really like to get FFX,when it comes out.Now that the ATB Battle system is out of the game,it will give me more different kinds of moves,strategies to use,than having all the time i want to decide on my next move.Which to me makes the game more interesting.

I don't really care much of the spoken dialogue,as long it still gots the text to read its fine with me,kinda like Grandia 2 my it had some great voices in the game hope its the same for FFX.
Oh yeah,I would like to try the new water sport in the game,"Blitzball" i heard its fun.
And it would be great to see whats the story in the next series of the FF game,new characters,the new highly detailed environment.:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]Now we'll be able to memorize each and every word a character says much more easily... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah that will be handy. I won't mind the voices on FFX, infact i will probebly like them. But adding voices to a FF game i have played before would just be scary :nervous: because it would just be SO wrong.

[B]I saw parts of the new abilities system, it looks amazing. It's some kind of board game which you move characters around to get an ability on a certain square (e.g fire). As for the CGI movies- All i can say is tha---- *Gargles and falls over just thinking about em*[/B] :hippy:

[QUOTE]
Yasumi Matsuno's takeover of executive production is a mild concern. I could compare disasterous turns for series' when others take over, such as in the Twisted Metal series and Crash Bandicoot. However, I don't think it's all that drastic. Final Fantasy has always been a huge team effort, and the same company will still be making it. I'm sure that Matsuno will do Sakaguchi proud.
Well, that's it for my tangant.[/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Well, there are considerable differences between Final Fantasy and Twisted Metal, in the sense that Twisted Metal went to an entirely different development studio.

Final Fantasy X is still being produced by Square's internal studios and many of FFX's designers were responsible for programming and various other aspects of older games.

Matsuno-san's expertise should really help the Final Fantasy series in the future, as he has been responsible for some of Square's most unique games in the past.

Final Fantasy XI is already looking stunning. It's design is similar in many respects to the earlier FF games on the SNES console, but in 3D. I'm looking forward to seeing this game and in particular, I'm looking forward to seeing how Square will implement storytelling with an online "real" world.

(Sorry for deleting your post, CWB. I accidently clicked "edit" rather than "quote" and thus, it screwed up. You can repost your original post if you want to).[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud_Strife [/i]
[B]FFX is out now, but I haven't bought it yet. Has anyone played it? And if you have please tell me what the battle, magic and summoning systems are like. But one thing I'm not looking forward to, are the graphics, they're similiar to those of FFVIII and I hated it! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes I got to play it. I borrowed it from a friendwho got it but won't be getting a PS2 till Christmas. I love the sphere grid system. It's so much more fun than the lvl up/ experience system of old

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]p.s. the final fantasy games are [I]the [/I] best ever... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=red]You figured that out when? :p[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=orangered][size=1]I've read two reviews of Final Fantasy X so far (one at GameSpot and one at IGN).

It seems that most are already hailing this game as being the best in the series so far. All the scores I've seen have been above 9.5 out of 10 (some sites scoring the game as high as 10).

The revamped and much improved battle system, the epic storyline, the fleshed out characters (unlike some of the more forgettable ones) seem to be really pushing FFX as being a huge hit.

Some of the biggest changes are apparent, too. The game has more contemporary music (some areas have rock and pop styled music) and more music with lyrics. Overall, I feel a LOT more excited about this game now than I did only a month ago.

Also, Final Fantasy X is a big game for another important reason: it will be Hironobu Sakaguchi's last FF game.

For those of you who don't know, Sakaguchi-san invented Final Fantasy. He has directed every single game in the series, from the first game on the NES...to the latest on PS2.

After this game, there is the medieval styled Final Fantasy XI, which will be 100% online. And then Final Fantasy XII, which will be mostly offline (like FFX), but will be designed by a new designer.

While this might be Sakaguchi-san's last FF game, rather than dwell on nostalgia and stagnate (like FFIX), the latest game marks a turning point (for the better) in the series.

I'm just wondering who here plans to buy this game? And based on reviews you've read, do you feel that Final Fantasy is going in a good or bad direction in terms of game structure and art style.

I urge you to read the review over at [url]http://ps2.ign.com[/url]

The new battle system in particular is being called a "revolution" in the series and one which actually improves the game quite a lot, making it less frustrating.

It'd be cool to hear people's thoughts on the future of Final Fantasy and Hironobu Sakaguchi's departure as director of the series...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yeah, it's a real good game. I haven't gotten very far though, but it is real good. But I don't think it is as good as FF7. It has not alot of game at (FF10) at the begging, but as you get farther in the game you will have a lot to do. There, graphics are a big inpovement of the other ff games. Now if you have played a Gamecube a lot you probaly will think the graphics are not as good as the gamecube. The synamaseens are real good though. When you get it I'm sure you will love it.[/SIZE] ;)

[COLOR=royalblue]Well since I'm too poor to but a PS2 at the time:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: ... I guess that I'll just have to go downstairs to my frinds apt. and use his....:excited: But I did get a chance to look at the game last night..and boy all I got to say is that it's freaking awesome. It looks so much better graphics wise and the voices are awesome, a lot better than the previos FF games....

And the story line is great too. But the things I loke most of all is that the aeons..Known as GF or eidolons in the last FF's can actually fight in place of the characters....YEAH!!! But once he is done playing it. I shall have to play it also...but all I have to say for FFX from my own eyes.....IS THAT IT ROCKS!!!!! :cool: [/COLOR]