OtakuBoards

Moderators

Lt.Zero

A good place to start is not asking to be one.

Only when there is a need, will new moderators be chosen. And even then, it is the Site Director, Team Leaders and such who collectively decide who they think would be best fit for the position.

At least, that's how I remember it when I was a mod here.

Think of it like a job promotion. It might be a while before you get it, but all you can do until then is be the best employee you can and hope you get noticed.

[color=#4B0082]That's basically it. If a new moderator is needed I'll look around and consult with other staff about who would be good in the position. Then, when I decide who I'd like to hire, I get a confirmation from James before sending them a PM to ask if they'd like to join the staff. So it's pretty much a, "don't call us, we'll call you," sort of thing.

Oh, and this should go in the main forum, not the tech support sub-forum. *shuffles it up a level*[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]That's basically it. If a new moderator is needed I'll look around and consult with other staff about who would be good in the position. Then, when I decide who I'd like to hire, I get a confirmation from James before sending them a PM to ask if they'd like to join the staff. So it's pretty much a, "don't call us, we'll call you," sort of thing.

Oh, and this should go in the main forum, not the tech support sub-forum. *shuffles it up a level*[/color][/QUOTE]

Sorry 'bout that.

[size=1]According to my various informants, a 100% effective method of [i]ensuring[/i] that you become a Moderator is to send pictures of yourself in spiky plastic underwear to all the administrators, who then convene to examine said pictures, and nominate you for Moderatorship.

It's that easy.[/size]

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]According to my various informants, a 100% effective method of [i]ensuring[/i] that you become a Moderator is to send pictures of yourself in spiky plastic underwear to all the administrators, who then convene to examine said pictures, and nominate you for Moderatorship.

It's that easy.[/size][/QUOTE] :stfu:

[color=#4B0082]I prefer spiky leather kthxbai.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko]:stfu:

[color=#4B0082]I prefer spiky leather kthxbai.[/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial]How on earth did I make it with my gold coin panties, then? Mm?

Be creative. Use healthy materials. Stay away from wool. Good luck.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Desbreko]:stfu:

[color=#4B0082]I prefer spiky leather kthxbai.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Great, I might as well just delete those revealing photos of myself as a Roman gladiator...[/SIZE]

Guest Metal Dragon
I know!
*whispers to Kioky*in the dead of night when everyone is asleep and there is no light out me and you shall go and destroy all of the monitors... and if we get caught... say we found them that way...

[QUOTE=Metal Dragon]I know!
*whispers to Kioky*in the dead of night when everyone is asleep and there is no light out me and you shall go and destroy all of the monitors... and if we get caught... say we found them that way...[/QUOTE]

*whispers back to Metal Dragon* Okay. Sounds good. But first: I'll go get the wooden baseball bat full of rusty nails, and you go get the sledge hammer.