Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I have five basic quotes/philosophies that I live by and 2 are from metallica songs/album titles

"kill em all"=never leave any one opponent unattended no matter how weak he is and how close you are to winning

"so what?"=do not be awed by things others have beacause they are worthless when they die and do not take any unpleasant things said to or about you to heart beacuse words are meaningless t oyou if they do not help you in any way

"that boys got alot of quit in em"=hey if it's pointless and looks too hard screw it.

"run forest run!"=don't be afraid to run soemthings in life are scary and will do you nothing but harm ex. prostitutes,drugs,and gangs

"no no no no baby no no no no don't liee ie"=never lie to yourself sometimes you might lie to others but NEVER to yourself for it will supress your emotions which leads to bad things ex.mass murder, suicide, and going crazy

Quotes from
Metallicas first album
Garage inc from metallica
ron white you can't fix stupid
forest gump
Black eyed peas song
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Itachi Sanada
Posted
one of my favored quotes is:
"Don't thank me. Hate me, detest me, and survive in an unsightly way"
from Uchiha Itachi in the Naruto manga series...so cold and mysterious, yet a helpful asset.

And:" A time for peace & a time for war"... a quote that i made up an live by ;there is something similiar to it somewhere in the bible or something, i think , but it is I who made it and it is on all my sigs on all the forums i am a member of..
Posted
[color=#b0000b][size=1]Here's another from me.

[b]Make your mark heavy and dark. If you must erase, erase completely.[/b]

The first time I took a Scantron test, I thought this direction was stupid. If you make your mark "heavy and dark," you [i]can't[/i] erase completely! Years and years of standardised tests later, I embraced it as a motto. Don't live life halfway!

Be bold, be brave, make a big noise--and if things go wrong, kill everyone who saw you try. =][/color][/size]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I have found another Quote, and I love it!!!! This one is From my Neighbor and beloved sensei, Sensei Pete! This is what he said, and is struck me as true! "Pain is just the weakness leaving your body." This is one of those thing that I will remember and live by for the rest of my life!
Posted
'All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you.'
I originally heard this one from the Lord of the Rings series, I thought about it for a while and it really hit me with reality.

Another one that I came up with a few years ago was; 'Faith is the belief of something that can't be proven.' Some of you may have heard this before but I didn't until it popped into my head.
Posted
Ah, Im glad this is back cuz I've been making a lot of quotes lately, all though my two favorite are ones I didn't make up myself and at this time (prolly not in a day or so) are in my sig.

"I'll take organized chaos over the chaotic organization of man anyday"
- Serj Tankian

"The abscence of evidence is not evidence of abscence"
- Gin Rummy
Posted
And I have more. These were said by Vollitare, "Common sence is not so common."
Also, "If there are two religions in a land, they will slit each other's throats. But if there a thirty religions, they will dwell in peace." And, "One great use for words is to hide our thoughts." And finally, "A witty saying proves nothing."
Posted
The quote I currently live by is "don't let your sadness rule your life." I'm a happy person and people are always asking me why I'm always like that. I tell them that I don't let the sadness in my life stop me from enjoying life as it is. We may have our ups and downs, but it's up to the person to make the best of things as they come by. ;)
Posted
And yet another quote I have found. I don't live by it, but I like it.

"Somehow, I don't quite think that 'I told you so' can cover it!"
Reminds me of a close friend....
Posted
[size=1][color=darkorchid][font=arial]Well, this is a quote that many live by, and so do I...in a sense. You've heard the quote "A friend will bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be right next to you, saying 'Man, we really &$@! up!' or summat?

Well, I find that completely false. A friend would bail you out of jail, but a best friend would stop you from committing the crime to begin with!

So, it's a modded quote that I live by. XD[/size][/font][/color]
Posted
Oh! Oh! I have another one. I like this one, and I made it myself. And yes, I do lve by it.

"Don't make me beat the smirffing smirf out of you."

I know it may not be funny, but I like it, so shut-up.
Posted
The quote that I live by is like a pretty long quote from the song "what are you waiting for" song by Gwen Stefani

"Take a chance you stupid Ho"[/COLOR]

Like an echo pedal, you're repeating yourself
You know it all by heart
Why are you standing in one place?
Born to blossom, bloom to perish

Your moment will run out
Cuz of your sex chromosome
I know it's so messed up how our society all thinks (for sure)

Life is short, you're capable (uh huh)
Oh... oh ohhh

LOOK AT YOUR WATCH NOW!
YOU'RE STILL A SUPER HOT FEMALE!
YOU GOT YOUR MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT!
AND THEY'RE ALL WAITING FOR YOUR HOT TRACK!"

This song inspires me to be great because I have so much potential and I'm free to let it explode into something greater this song tells me not to put up with humanities crap and see the positivity in the world I live to his song and I'll perish to it if I'm lucky. Sometimes it takes the negativity in your life to make you create soo much positive energy!!!!! So watch me as I live a kick *** life!!!! (Within Moral reasoning) :catgirl:
Posted
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I live by "curiosity killed the cat." Kinda scary to me since I'm a mew......(and that's y i gotta watch out for my curiosity passions :animeswea [/COLOR]
Posted
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]This is one of many quote's I live by.

[CENTER]"When walking through a melon patch, don't adjust your sandals"
(meaning: That when things get really bad, you have to try to remember what's important.")[/CENTER][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
I don't think it was meant to be a quote, but I caught these lines out of one of my favorite song choruses and it appealed to me as a quotre which easily conveyed my theory of the unioverse in a simple, laid back matter.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Some may say,
But who's to know?"[/COLOR]
Posted
[URL=http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/Shane12_01/eagle_scout_promise.jpg][U]Link[/U][/URL]

I hope this isnt to big... :animeswea

Anyway its not really a quote, but a promise that I made when I had my Eagle Scout Ceromony, on sunday. :animesmil
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT]Next time just make your picture a link like I did as it's easier for members who use a dial up. ~SunfallE[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Guest Ichibi-Shukaku
Posted
My favorite quote is from the old man general at the ending fight in vandread"dieing is easy,living is the hard part".
Posted
hmm.. i should say.... "Fantasy can never fulfill you as much as Reality can" yea... it's very clear but it can have several meanings. one that i understand is that i shouldn't dwell on my fantasies but start acting on them. :animeshy:
Posted
I have another. This is from my closest friend in the world. When she said it, it was directed at me, so it's special. I often use it.

"If you don't stop, I will beat you down with everything I've got. I will make you see what you are doing, then you will have to stop. Please don't make hurt you."
-Samantha King

Samantha, I love you, and I will always think of you.
Posted
[COLOR=Sienna]"The truest slaves are those who do not see their shackles."

Doubtless it's been said before by many people, but in this instance I came up with it. It reflects my opinion that we're all being fooled into thinking we have freedoms and that the Suits pretty much control everything.

"When fantasy and reality clash, it is rarley reality that backs down."

That's fariy self-explanitory.[/COLOR]
Posted
[B][COLOR=Purple]"If you keep thinking bad things will happen, then they most likely will." -Rinoa -FF8-
"You never know what you have till it's gone." -Chiken soup for the teenage soul-
"Don't put off for tomarrow what you can do today."-Chiken soup for the teenage soul-
Follow your heart, never your mind, your mind has regrets and doubts; but your heart knows what it's talking about." -My great Grandmother-
"If you feel like there was more you could have done then there probably was." -My brother-
"If it's raining, go out and dance in it. Being impulsive is part of making life worth living, onve you lose that impulse then you lose the imuse to make life worth living and you then grow old and soon after die of boredom." -My Grandfather-
"Life moves to quickly to think on sudden desicions, the single worst thing you can do is try to determine the best path. Go with what feels right, if not you get left behind to think and then are lost for the rest of the journey thourgh life." -Me-
"I run, I hide, I never lie." -Duo Maxwell-

All of these I live by in some way or another.[/COLOR] [/B]
Posted
[I]"Wherever you go, there you are"[/I]
[FONT=Tahoma]
Short and sweet, as well as silly if applied correctly. All of these are points that mirror my personality and therefore make it a quote I live by.[/FONT]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I have another one that I don't live by, but it's fuunier than anything else. Of cours, you had to be there.

"It FREAKING applies!!!"- by our very own, Aceburner.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...