OtakuBoards

I

Guest Pixie_rich

[QUOTE=Cygnus X-1][COLOR=Sienna]I'm curious; didn't you learn anything in biology class or sex ed or anything? I mean, ask your partner or use a condom or, as the case may be, don't use dirty needles!

I'm really sorry for you but seriously, this is the kind of thing that happens when your not responsible for your love life.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1]How do you know that Pixie_rich wasn't born HIV positive? It's not like this stems from people who don't use condoms -- it has to come from somewhere in order for it to be spread, right?

Honestly, you don't need to sound holier-than-thou after they came and confided in us for support. How about shutting up, keeping your biting opinions to yourself, and offering Pixie some goodwill instead?

Anyway, my heart goes out to you, Pixie. I really hope that you can live your life to the fullest and not waste a second of it.[/size]

[quote name='Pixie_rich']sorry for shouting before I dont usually use caps lock but I felt it nessecary.[/quote]

[color=crimson]That's fine, lol. I would have done the same thing if I were in your shoes.

Listen to these fellows, they all care and are hoping for the best for you no matter what kind of situation you are in. My pessimism is miniscule when compared to all of this support.[/color]

[QUOTE=Retribution][QUOTE=Cygnus X-1][color=Sienna]I'm curious; didn't you learn anything in biology class or sex ed or anything? I mean, ask your partner or use a condom or, as the case may be, don't use dirty needles!

I'm really sorry for you but seriously, this is the kind of thing that happens when your not responsible for your love life.[/color][/QUOTE]

[size=1]How do you know that Pixie_rich wasn't born HIV positive? It's not like this stems from people who don't use condoms -- it has to come from somewhere in order for it to be spread, right?

Honestly, you don't need to sound holier-than-thou after they came and confided in us for support. How about shutting up, keeping your biting opinions to yourself, and offering Pixie some goodwill instead?

Anyway, my heart goes out to you, Pixie. I really hope that you can live your life to the fullest and not waste a second of it.[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] Thank god that Retribution said something before me, because my reply probably would have been incredibly nastier. Even if Pixie_rich wasn't born HIV positive and had gotten some other way, you're still don't know anything about Pixie_rich and you're making yourself look like a fool by judging people too quickly.

And to Pixie, I have no idea what you're going through. I just hope that you have good people around you to support you and help you through anything, and that you find it in yourself to find happiness in life anyway. [/color]

I'm surprised to see that quite a few people don't know much about HIV. AIDS was a big problem here in the late 80's and early to mid nineties but now the rate od infections here has dropped drastically. From primary school straight throughout grade 12 here we are always being educated and given information on HIV/AIDS. AIds and everything to do with it is basic common knowledge.

Pixie are your really sure you have HIV. Who knows, maybe there was some mistake. If you do have it I wish you the best. Why don't you take a vacation down here if you are feeling down.

Peace

[quote name='Crazy Ace']Pixie are your really sure you have HIV. Who knows, maybe there was some mistake. If you do have it I wish you the best. Why don't you take a vacation down here if you are feeling down.[/quote]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yeah, There is no cure to HIV/AIDS yet.

Well Pixie assuming that you didn't get HIV from any kind of sexual intercourse or through blood in any kind of way. If you had gotten it from your parents through birth than why did it take you so long to actually find out that you had it? If not then yeah.

As said many times before hand in this thread I am sure. You don't have to get all crazy/radical and try to do everything you ever wanted to do in the next week or so. As long as HIV stays HIV and doesnt become AIDS, you can still live a lot longer as long as you take a drug cocktail to keep the HIV in check for the most part.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][QUOTE=Crazy Ace]I'm surprised to see that quite a few people don't know much about HIV. AIDS was a big problem here in the late 80's and early to mid nineties but now the rate od infections here has dropped drastically. From primary school straight throughout grade 12 here we are always being educated and given information on HIV/AIDS. AIds and everything to do with it is basic common knowledge.

Pixie are your really sure you have HIV. Who knows, maybe there was some mistake. If you do have it I wish you the best. Why don't you take a vacation down here if you are feeling down.

Peace[/QUOTE]Actually infection rates have increased not decreased. Part of the problem is that about one third of those who are infected do not know that they are. As a result even more people are getting infected since they don't know they have HIV yet. Just take a look at this that I found here: [URL=http://www.avert.org/worlstatinfo.htm][COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Worldwide epidemic statistics[/B][/COLOR] [/URL]
[INDENT][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]During 2005, some 4.9 million people became infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which causes AIDS.

The year also saw 3.1 million deaths from AIDS - a high global total, despite antiretroviral (ARV) therapy, which reduced AIDS-related deaths among those who received it. Deaths among those already infected will continue to increase for some years even if prevention programmes manage to cut the number of new infections to zero. However, with the HIV-positive population still expanding the annual number of AIDS deaths can be expected to increase for many years, unless more effective provision of ARV medication begins to slow the death rate.[/COLOR]
[/INDENT]
The biggest problem is lack of education on how serious HIV/AIDS really is. Also there are ways to be infected beyond unprotected sex, mother to child or sharing needles when doing illegal drugs.

[B]Contact with an infected person's blood [/B]
If sufficient blood from an infected person enters the body of an uninfected person then it can pass on the virus.

[B]Use of infected blood products [/B]
Many people in the past have been infected with HIV by the use of blood transfusions and blood products which were contaminated with the virus - in hospitals, for example. In much of the world this is no longer a risk, as blood donations are routinely tested.

[B]Retribution [/B]makes a good point lets not assume that [B]Pixie_rich[/B] is at fault without truly knowing what happened. And [B]Cygnus X-1[/B] some states, like Utah, do not have sex education in their schools. They teach their kids to just not have sex instead of informing their teenagers of the danger. No education on the dangers of unprotected sex whatsoever. [/COLOR]

:animedepr I don't know... how to comfort you pixie_rich. Having a serious disease (not as much as AIDs) that weakens your immune system is horrible. A slightest cold can be harmful to you can't it? It must've been shocking and depressing for you to find out that you've got HIV. you may be struggling to cope with this but one thing I can tell you is, not all HIV patients will die but possibilities. HIV is not deadly as AIDs but there is a risk that can turn into AIDS. But worrying about this won't solve a thing. Like most of the OB member post said, you're not gonna die tomorrow. Make the most of it while living. We all need to live today like as if it is our last day because who knows what could happen? This isn't easy and you may be emotionally trying to cope with it but think to yourself, is it really worth thinking about how much you're going to suffer from HIV ? Will it do any good? Feeling like the end of the world will only make the situation worse. Instead of feeling sad and wish you've never got them, think about what you could do NOW that you've diagnosed with this disease. There is no complete cure for HIV/Aids yet but think about what you could do to make yourself stronger living with HIV. Life is too short to be feeling this way forever. I don't know if you were born with HIV,spreading from blood or the result of sex, but we can't turn back time no matter what. My friend's friend told me that there was this guy who have lost both of his leg from accident (or was it a disease? Can't remember) but he encouraged himself to be happy and doing his best no matter what. He is currently teaching now with a big smile!:animesmil There are people who appreciate their life and never waste what they're given. It is unfortunate for you to be diagnosed with HIV but I hope my advice can help you in some way.

Wishing you all the best

Hey, sorry to hear about that pixie. A close buddy of mine was medically discharged from the service a couple months ago because he contracted HIV, and unfortunatley i didnt really know what to say to him at the time either. I guess all i can say to you is, just because life dealt you a ****** hand it doesnt necessarily mean your life is over. Just suck it up, drive on and don't give up without a fight.

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Actually infection rates have increased not decreased. Part of the problem is that about one third of those who are infected do not know that they are. As a result even more people are getting infected since they don't know they have HIV yet. Just take a look at this that I found here: [URL=http://www.avert.org/worlstatinfo.htm][COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Worldwide epidemic statistics[/B][/COLOR] [/URL]
[INDENT][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]During 2005, some 4.9 million people became infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which causes AIDS.

The year also saw 3.1 million deaths from AIDS - a high global total, despite antiretroviral (ARV) therapy, which reduced AIDS-related deaths among those who received it. Deaths among those already infected will continue to increase for some years even if prevention programmes manage to cut the number of new infections to zero. However, with the HIV-positive population still expanding the annual number of AIDS deaths can be expected to increase for many years, unless more effective provision of ARV medication begins to slow the death rate.[/COLOR]
[/INDENT]
The biggest problem is lack of education on how serious HIV/AIDS really is. Also there are ways to be infected beyond unprotected sex, mother to child or sharing needles when doing illegal drugs.

[B]Contact with an infected person's blood [/B]
If sufficient blood from an infected person enters the body of an uninfected person then it can pass on the virus.

[B]Use of infected blood products [/B]
Many people in the past have been infected with HIV by the use of blood transfusions and blood products which were contaminated with the virus - in hospitals, for example. In much of the world this is no longer a risk, as blood donations are routinely tested.

[B]Retribution [/B]makes a good point lets not assume that [B]Pixie_rich[/B] is at fault without truly knowing what happened. And [B]Cygnus X-1[/B] some states, like Utah, do not have sex education in their schools. They teach their kids to just not have sex instead of informing their teenagers of the danger. No education on the dangers of unprotected sex whatsoever. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

dude when i said that the infections had gone down I meant in the Bahamas.

Sorry to hear that dude...
The only thing you can do now is take good care of your body.
If you take good care of yourself, eat lots of healthy foods and take all the necessary medications you can buy yourself some time and prevent it from progressing into AIDS.

Your life isn't over yet. Just take it one day at a time and take care of yourself.

[quote name='Crazy Ace']dude when i said that the infections had gone down I meant in the Bahamas.[/quote][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Hmmm...considering this:
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][INDENT]HIV infection rates in the Caribbean are the highest in the world outside of Africa, with an estimated prevalence of 2.1%. By the end of 2003, UNAIDS estimates that approximately 430,000 individuals were living with HIV/AIDS in the Caribbean, compared with 330,000 individuals at the end of 1998; this same report cites that the true number living with HIV may be as high as 760,000.[/INDENT][/COLOR]Then the infection rate there must have been horrendous back in the 80's.

Anyway, others in this thread have already expressed it better than I can but I'll echo their sentiment. Don't give up. ^_~ And like SunfallE said, definitely do some research as I am sure there is all sorts of support groups and probably even government programs out there that exist for helping people who are infected with HIV.
[/COLOR]

Dont worry. Relax and get a second test. Because if you have been keeping up with Fox news @ 5 you wouldve seen the report saying that SOMETIMES people are diagnosed in correctly and have been shown with a disease they do not have.

[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Hmmm...considering this:
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][INDENT]HIV infection rates in the Caribbean are the highest in the world outside of Africa, with an estimated prevalence of 2.1%. By the end of 2003, UNAIDS estimates that approximately 430,000 individuals were living with HIV/AIDS in the Caribbean, compared with 330,000 individuals at the end of 1998; this same report cites that the true number living with HIV may be as high as 760,000.[/INDENT][/COLOR]Then the infection rate there must have been horrendous back in the 80's.

[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

the caribbean is like over 20 countries. The Bahamas is small and while it was relatively bad here then its pretty good.

[quote name='OtakuCat89']Dont worry. Relax and get a second test. [/quote]

Yeah I agree with OC89 ^.

The chances of that happening is 1 out of 10 though.

But it might have been one of those times!
So, go get another test. I shouldn't hurt.
If it hurts anything it would be your wallet!

So, I suppose you should go and try that!

Guest D. Resurrected
[quote name='Pixie_rich']Ive just came back from my fifth trip to the doctors/hospital in the last month and I've been told that I am HIV positive. My life feels like its ending :( please be safe, I'm going to watch some anime to take my mind off this horrible news I wish it would go away :animedepr[/quote]

Im sorry to here that and I hope you the best.

Guest Pixie_rich
[quote name='D. Resurrected']Im sorry to here that and I hope you the best.[/quote]

hey resurrected thanks for the support.....do you think you could make me a banner with a pixie on saying PIXIE_RICH>AIDS or something? :animesmil

Guest tanukioh
[quote name='Pixie_rich']Ive just came back from my fifth trip to the doctors/hospital in the last month and I've been told that I am HIV positive. My life feels like its ending :( please be safe, I'm going to watch some anime to take my mind off this horrible news I wish it would go away :animedepr[/quote]
O_O Most crappish!!!!

>.> I'm going to be praying for you, and doing some charms. :) Hopefully, all goes well and the HIV goes away. o.o cause I think they are close to a cure. O.o (could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure they are)

[quote name='Pixie_rich']hey resurrected thanks for the support.....do you think you could make me a banner with a pixie on saying PIXIE_RICH>AIDS or something? :animesmil[/quote]

So, how did you "contract HIV?" I'd like to know.

[COLOR=maroon]HIV is the virus' name, AIDS is the disease that arises when the virus successful frags all your CD4 T-cells (most of which are helper T-cells, which recruit the rest of the immune system via cytokines).

Anyway, I wanted to tell you that although I'm no scientist, I strongly feel that a cure is on the horizon (by horizon, I mean tens of years - 10, 20, 30, etc.). There are people who are immune to HIV, apparently descendants of those who had the bubonic plague and survived. They have messed up CD4 receptors. HIV uses correct CD4 receptors to target and enter T-cells. Messed up CD4 receptors mean that the HIV can't enter and infect.

Mark my words: the answer is in stem cells. Although hindered, more and more stem cell research is being done. It's only a matter of time before we take down this juggernaut of a epidemic.[/COLOR]

Guest Pixie_rich
[quote name='Charles']So, how did you "contract HIV?" I'd like to know.[/quote]

If i knew how I contracted it do you not think I would have avoided it in the first place you fool?

[quote name='Pixie_rich']If i knew how I contracted it do you not think I would have avoided it in the first place you fool?[/quote]

LOL.

Just what I expected from a joke account. You're unable to answer any detailed inquiries about your "condition" because you lack the imagination needed to fabricate it. I hope you've had your fun with this.

By the way, I'll bet that you're the same person as your spam-partner Prick Wizard. Even the join dates match. Not everyone here was born yesterday.

The only thing you've been diagnosed with is a case of--fraud.

[quote name='ashwolf']I have to say that some of the *ahem* responses on this thread are immature and very disrespectful. [/quote]

Hey, contact me via private message. I have cheap insurance plans and some prime real-estate I can sell you.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I?ve already talked to you about using the report bad post button if you feel a member is out of line [B]Pixie_rich[/B]. At this point I think this thread is not really going anywhere so I say we put it to rest as it is degenerating into a pointless debate of whether or not Pixie_rich is telling the truth.

~SunfallE

[B]Thread Closed[/B][/COLOR]