OtakuBoards

Your Most Recent CD Purchase?

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR=DarkRed]The last CD I got was:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkRed][B][SIZE=2]Gnarls Barkley-St.Eslewhere[/SIZE]:[/B] This album is pretty good. Most of the songs on it are pretty funky and catchy with really nice beats, and it has an overall 'feel good' atmosphere to it. You should pick it up if you're in to bands like Gorillaz and Beck.

Before that I got [B]Dangerdoom: The Mouse and the Mask [/B] which was also a really good album. I like the way MF Doom raps, it's unlike anything I've every heard from any other rapper. He often uses words that you wouldn't expect to hear in a rap album, and and he really articulates and pronounces his words.[/COLOR]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=2]The last cds I got were given to me for Easter. [/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=2]Culture Club, Greatest Hits: Yes I like Cultrue Club. I love most of the songs on the cd but some of them are the really slow sad songs. [/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=2]The 69 Eyes, Devils: This cd is really good, if you like gothic rock. Again I love most of the songs. The weridest part about this band is that they think they are vampries and some of the songs express that. For example Lost boys. Lost Boys was made into a music video was directed by Bam Margera. This video was only on for a week when Bam was hosting T-minus Rock on MTV2. [/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=2]Panic! At The Dico, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out: Most people have heard them by now. The first time I heard them was on T-minus rock when again Bam was hosting the show. (Just like with The 69 Eyes) This was before they were really popular. [/size][/font]

[SIZE=1]I recently bought four CDs:

The Fray - How to Save a Life: Soaring vocals and brilliant lyrics make this CD for me. I love the tracks "Over my Head", "All at Once", and "Trust Me". Quite nice, I'm glad I found out about this band. I don't think there's any song I honestly don't like.

All American Rejects - All American Rejects: Yeah, I'm making up for lost time, I only got into contemporary music recently. Gotta love "Swing, Swing" and "The Last Song" which I had been listening to on the official site. I was pleasantly surprised that all the rest of the songs on the CD were quite good too, especially "Why Worry", "Don't Leave me", "Drive Away", and just about all the rest ^_^.

Falling Up - Crashings: Christian rock, good stuff. "Escalates". Enough said. Nice music, I bought their second CD first, and though this one has some good songs, such as New Hope Generation and Falling in Love, I probably enjoy Dawn Escapes a bit more. A little tired of both though.

Imogen Heap - Speak for Yourself: A big fan of hers after first hearing "Must Be Dreaming" which was on her CD of her previous band Frou Frou. Had to follow up. I don't listen to it as much as the others, but it's nice to finally own the songs I do listen to. "The Moment I Said It" and "The Walk". Nice.

I'm broke, so these four will have to hold me for quite a long time.[/SIZE]

Guest leyoko
[COLOR=Purple]Keane[/COLOR]-[SIZE=1]I had this CD marked on my calender,this is truly on of the best bands in the world and the cd is way more awesome than their first one.Though there is a song that is like six minutes and the singing is for like three minutes,but overall it's fantastic.[/SIZE]
[COLOR=Purple]The Fray[/COLOR]-[SIZE=1]I have no idea why I bought this CD cause I used to always turn the channel/radio when their song came on.Once I listen to 'Dead Wrong',my view of them changed.They're great cause they remind me of Keane.[/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I've bought a few CDs lately let's see if I can recall my most recent:

[b]Wicked- Broadway Soundtrack[/b]- I heard the song Loathing and was hooked. This is one of my favorite CDs

[b]Natasha Beddingfeild- Unwritten[/b]- I liked the title track and also Single is good.

[b]Pink- Not Dead Yet[/b]- I heard Stupid Girl back in February and had to get the CD. Mr. President and You and Your Hand are really good. Bummer for me- I got the edited version, but hey I can listen to it with my daughter.

[b]Rascal Flatts- Me and My Gang[/b]- I went to see them in concert back in February and decided to get their new CD. It's a must listen to.

[b]Dixie Chicks- Long Way Home[/b]- I don't own this CD yet, but I own their other four. I plan on getting it for my birthday next month.[/color][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Mr. Maul][font=Garamond][color=Green]Who buys CD's?

[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

I buy CDs (as opposed to downloading) for a few reasons:

1. Because I listen to Metal, it's difficult to find the music I love. These bands are in desperate need of every penny they can get, because the true Metal scene in the USA is so minute that barely anyone is buying albums and merhandise. If you just download their stuff, they're not recieving anything. It's not to say I don't download, because I do. But I [I]always[/I] buy the actual album if I like it. I own 60% of the albums I've downloaded. The other 40% I don't buy because I don't like it.

2. Bands put a lot of time, energy, and thought into a CD package. The CD artwork, the printed lyrics, even the order in which the songs are placed is all there for a reason. When you simply download an album, you're missing out on an entire aspect of that music.

3. There's something utterly rewarding in having a real CD collection. I go through my friends CD cases (if they even have one...) and see CDR after CDR. It's so characterless and lifeless. When I go through all my CDs, it feels great! It's expensive, sure, but it's worth it to me. My CD collection is something I'm very proud of, and I wouldn't return a single album I own for cash.

[QUOTE=Mr. Maul][font=Garamond][color=Green]Who buys CD's?

[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] The poor people (IE myself) who can't afford iPods because they have to spend money on dumb things like rent and diapers.

I like my CDs I can play them in my car- or my parents' vehicles... and depending on which ones I bring I can play them in my friends' vehicles as well. [/color][/font]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Umm, ooh wow, it's been a while. Oh yeah, [i]Miasma[/i] by The Black Dahlia Murder. That was when I went to their show here in San Diego. (Awesome show, by the way.)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote=Jakehammaren][size=1]1. Because I listen to Metal, it's difficult to find the music I love. These bands are in desperate need of every penny they can get, because the true Metal scene in the USA is so minute that barely anyone is buying albums and merhandise. If you just download their stuff, they're not recieving anything. It's not to say I don't download, because I do. But I always buy the actual album if I like it. I own 60% of the albums I've downloaded. The other 40% I don't buy because I don't like it.

2. Bands put a lot of time, energy, and thought into a CD package. The CD artwork, the printed lyrics, even the order in which the songs are placed is all there for a reason. When you simply download an album, you're missing out on an entire aspect of that music.

3. There's something utterly rewarding in having a real CD collection. I go through my friends CD cases (if they even have one...) and see CDR after CDR. It's so characterless and lifeless. When I go through all my CDs, it feels great! It's expensive, sure, but it's worth it to me. My CD collection is something I'm very proud of, and I wouldn't return a single album I own for cash.[/size][/quote]
[SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Here here.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Sienna][B]Dire Straights[/B] - [URL=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000DGUY/qid=1152256827/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-8217022-4346223?s=music&v=glance&n=5174]Sultans of Swing: The Very Best of Dire Straits[/URL] would be my latest CD purchase.

You can't get any better than their guitarist, unless, perhaps, you listen to Santana...I was quite pleased that the CD had some of their less heard songs on it, such as [b]Romeo and Juliet[/b] and [b]Calling Elvis.[/b]

...I sound like I'm trying to sell it. >> [SIZE=1]Buy the CD, y'all. Nothing better than it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=Garamond][color=SeaGreen]When I said "Who buys CD's," I was refering to the purchasing of the media platform, not the downloading of music. I don't buy CD's, I buy vinyl. Of course, I do download occasionally, but only when necessary.

And ChibiHorsewoman, are you saying that I'm rich? If so, would you kindly direct me towards my misplaced moolah?

[/color][/font]

[QUOTE=Mr. Maul][font=Garamond][color=SeaGreen]
And ChibiHorsewoman, are you saying that I'm rich? If so, would you kindly direct me towards my misplaced moolah?

[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Well I didn't mean you in general. But hey if you find your missplaced money- I'm single. :D [/color][/font]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][color=indigo][size=1][font=arial]I imagine that'd make your life difficult. Just how many bands bother to put new releases on vinyl these days (or for more than a limited run)?[/font][/size'][/color][/quote]

I was going to say "you'd be suprised", but then I read "or for more than a limited run". Plenty of bands release vinyl (hell, I found Immortal's [I]Sons of Northern Darkness[/I] album on vinyl), but it's usually only for a limited run.

And I apologize, Mr. Maul. Usually when someone says "who buys CDs?", they're referring to the idea that you shouldn't buy CDs when you can download for free. I jumped to a conclusion. Sorry about that. :animeswea

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]I just saw Panic!At The Disco in concert on Saturday.
So I snapped up their CD at the tour booth.
It was steal, so I couldn't pass it up.

I have nothing to really say about it because I listened to the entire thing at friend's houses.
Except that the lyrics booklet was really unorganized.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I haven't bought any new CDs recently- I almost bought Dixie Chicks new one- The Long Way Home. But then I remembered that I have a birthday coming up.

I am desperately seeking Knock on the Sky by SheDaisy. I used to have that CD but I wore the hell out of it last year and stopped playing tracks 4-9.

I honestly now think the last CD I bought was Wicked the soundtrack of the broadway musical. And I listen to it so much I think I may have to buy another copy.[/color][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms]In true hardcore glory, I've purchased the new album from Iwouldetc. I Would Set Myself On Fire For You [u]Believes in Patterns[/u]. Bands with long names just can't pull off that kind of album title, unlike Say Anything [u]Is A Real Boy[/u].

Anyways, the album is really amazing, the recording is top-notch, and they added together so many random instruments as well as synth beat interludes. I just wish there was more energy in it like their previous album. It sounds like they were just try to be artsy for the sake of being artsy and that's just not them. I did enjoy that Lindsey had a lot more time on the album, with both her voice and her viola. The cd sounds a lot like their live show, which is very cool. Their first album was more listenable, though, while this one is better suited for background music.

I'm really not sure which one I like more. :-/ [/font]

I just picked up a copy of [B]Lumsk[/B]'s album [I]Troll[/I]. I'd almost be lying if I called this Folk Metal, seeing as the album as a whole is very mellow. I would [I]definately[/I] be lying, however, if I said that it wasn't mesmerising, haunting, beautiful, enchanting, and all-out incredible. This album is very intricate and deep, one of those discs that takes repeated listens for it to all sink in. The haunting folk melodies accompanied by the occasional chug of electric guitar coupled with vocals that couldn't be more perfect for this style if sung by the Gods themselves. Stine Mari Langstrand is, officially, my favorite female vocalist. Her voice is delicate yet powerful, beatiful yet haunting... I could listen to her sing all day. Andreas Kjerkol Elvenes (technically he's not an official member of the band, but he did all the male vocals on the album) has a very dynamic and dramatic voice that also brings a lot to Lumsk's sound.

My favorite cuts on the disc are "Trolltind" and "Perpålsa". "Perpålsa" is one of the heavier tracks on the album, with great, catchy riffs and vocals that just make you want to fill ye horn with yon mead and swagger. "Trolltind", on the other hand, starts with a simple piano line. Stine Mari comes in with that gorgeous voice of hers and utterly pulls you into a trance. A string section and a trombone solo are then added to the mix, which slowly builds to the climax of the song, in which an incredibly epic chorus comes cascading down the already perfect music, making for an experience that brings you to the point of tears. It really is an incredible song that I will never tire of.

This really is the folk metal album for people who don't like metal. I strongly reccommend it to anyone and everyone that appreciates brilliant music, Norse folklore/mythology, or something to really set one of those "mystical lost culture" atmospheres. This album is pure gold.

• 2 weeks later...
NOFX Greatest Hits: I love NOFX and this cd has ALL of their good songs on it. I love this cd. It saved me the trouble of buying all their cds for the good songs. Also, unlike most greatest hits, every song is great.

Reel Big Fish, Cheer Up!: I lost this cd a while ago so I got it again. Its a really good cd. It always put me in a good mood when I listen to it. One of my favorite cd's. :)