OtakuBoards

Resident Evil Series

Guest Zombie Hunter

I think that might be associated that you were hunted by Nemesis in 3. He popped up when you least wanted after you first encountered him. Once he jumped through the window in the Police Station at me started to run after me. If that isn't actiony then I don't know what is.

• 5 months later...
[quote name='Crazy Kev']I am probably like one of the biggest RE fans out there! I've played 2,3,4, dead aim, and I think more that I forgot. Dang, RE is one of the best video games series ever made, EVER!!!!!![/quote]

[color=darkred]My friend, I'm sure you like Resident Evil a lot, but your posts are going to need more elaboration than that if it's going to subside to OtakuBoard's standards. Try commenting on why you like the series so much, or who your favourite characters are, or whatever. That way, you stand a chance of generating discussion and conversation rather than creating an idol post which will most likely be skimmed through.[/color]

Resident Evil is one of my favorite games that Capcom ever made, but now I have a question to ask. Out of all of the RE games out there, which one do you think had the hardest boss battle? To me it was Resident Evil Outbreak: File1, When you had to fight the Elephant Zombie in the zoo area. So, which game do you think had the hardest boss battle? :animestun

Aahh gotta love that moderator. Just goes to show you that big brother really is watching you?.

Anyway back on to the topic. I don?t remember that many boss fights :animeswea (its been a long time since I could play the old RE games) I think part two had some of the harder bosses but on the second version. You were pretty much already outta ammo :animeangr [spoiler]when you had to fight that blob thing?[/spoiler] :animeangr

Also there was one part in RE4 that scared the bejesus :animenose outta me. [spoiler]I don?t know how many of you guys know about it but when before you fight that big fish boss(I forgot his name) go ?fishing? with your handgun before you get on the boat. Its hard to get those fish so I was there for a bit of time.[/spoiler] :animesigh

Besides that I was never really scared in that game. I had more adrenalin pumping in me cause there were so many freaking enemies at some points. I consider this game to be an action/horror game cause it wasn?t as hard or scary as the original two. (I still haven?t really been able to beat RE1 with chris?. You can only carry 6 item?.. :animesigh )

[size=1][color=dimgray]Hey, buuuuddy. It's cool that you remembered spoilers but just be a little more careful with where you put them. Better safe than sorry, right? - White[/size][/color]

Frankly, I'm surprised anyone finds any of the games in this series to be "scary". There's kind of a difference between feeling anxiety and fear as opposed to being surprised when some thing jumps up suddenly... and, really, the latter is about all RE has ever really offered.

There was only one thing in the entire series I thought was genuinely creepy... that was the story of that girl that was added to the RE remake on the Gamecube. Mostly the motivations of those involved, I suppose.

[quote name='Generic NPC #3']Frankly, I'm surprised anyone finds any of the games in this series to be "scary". There's kind of a difference between feeling anxiety and fear as opposed to being surprised when some thing jumps up suddenly... and, really, the latter is about all RE has ever really offered.[/quote]

[color=darkred]I know. That's why the games are only really fun when you play them the first time through, because you have no idea what to expect. They're only good on replay value if you're into unlocking secret stuff.

On the other hand, if you play the games to death they become extremely boring. I discovered the trick to walking backwards in Resident Evil 1 when you first encounter the dogs, where they come crashing through the windows in that narrow corridor, after my second attempt at it. And having to shift crates or boxes at a very slow pace loses its appeal after a while. Then again, I suppose if people just wanted to extract the action elements from the series, they'd play Resident Evil 4 instead.[/color]

I love Outbreak: File 1m i think the fact that they are 20 bucks new since GC did the remakes also works.

I like the fact that they are hard and you have to beat your infection ticking time bomb at some point.

There was another...Survival i think? It was another RE game that really didn't hold true to the franchise.

Dead Aim.....that game does not exist....to me anyway. ;)

Guest Xxw00txX
[QUOTE=vegeta rocker]I love Outbreak: File 1m i think the fact that they are 20 bucks new since GC did the remakes also works.

I like the fact that they are hard and you have to beat your infection ticking time bomb at some point.

There was another...Survival i think? It was another RE game that really didn't hold true to the franchise.

Dead Aim.....that game does not exist....to me anyway. ;)[/QUOTE]

sighs eh dont remind me of dat game survival.. i luv resident evil but wen i first played it i was like 12 or 13 i rented for ps1. dat game scar'ed me for life xD its so bad i played it for 5 mins an never played it again

[quote name='Xxw00txX']sighs eh dont remind me of dat game survival.. i luv resident evil but wen i first played it i was like 12 or 13 i rented for ps1. dat game scar'ed me for life xD its so bad i played it for 5 mins an never played it again[/quote]
[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=DimGray]Hey, Xxw00txX. Just a reminder, you should probably read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]rules[/url] before posting again. Your grammar and spelling is off and that needs to be changed.[/font][/color]
[color=dimgray][indent][size=1][b]Incoherent/Sloppy Posts:[/b] At OtakuBoards, we greatly emphasize the concept of having clear, easy to read posts. This includes correct use of spelling, grammar and punctuation. If a member is posting with very poor quality, they will be asked to clean up their future posts. If the member persists in posting poorly, they will be banned from the site.[/size][/indent][/COLOR]