OtakuBoards

Gods vs Goddesses [PG-VL]

Xerxes

I was thinking of an rpg that gods and goddesses would fight against each other. It's kind of like boys vs girls but everyone is a god or goddess. The story is about an on-going war between gods and goddesses on account who is stronger. Humans on earth are the ones who become the gods or goddesses that fight in the war but they don't really know about it until they reach the age 15. There will be a special part, a leader of the gods, and a leader of the goddesses. The way humans become gods or goddesses is if they recieve a ring that could transform them into a god/goddess. Well, if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to post.

That sounds like a neat idea, but I have a few quastions.First of all, do the humans turn into Gods when they put on the rings and back into humans when they take them off ,or do they just stay Gods forever?Second can you be existing Gods like Hefestus or Hades? And if so can it be from anything like roman, greek, norse, and egyption or what? And do you (if you make up your own God) have to be the God of something ie.peace, love, or greed.Or its just like 'your a God kill the other Gods, or get killed yourself.'.And on that note, how will we know who's stronger if all gods are immortal and invincable?

OK thats pretty much it answer those and I'll probobly sign up.

[QUOTE=bodhidharma]That sounds like a neat idea, but I have a few quastions.First of all, do the humans turn into Gods when they put on the rings and back into humans when they take them off ,or do they just stay Gods forever?Second can you be existing Gods like Hefestus or Hades? And if so can it be from anything like roman, greek, norse, and egyption or what? And do you (if you make up your own God) have to be the God of something ie.peace, love, or greed.Or its just like 'your a God kill the other Gods, or get killed yourself.'.And on that note, how will we know who's stronger if all gods are immortal and invincable?

OK thats pretty much it answer those and I'll probobly sign up.[/QUOTE]

1st: when the humans put on the rings, they can become a god/goddess and they don't have to take them off to change back. They change back on their own or when they want to.

2nd: yes, you can be existing gods/goddesses from any place. You can also make up your own god/goddess and you don't have to be a god/goddess of something if you don't want to but if you post then at least put what you're strong in and weak in.

3rd: some gods/goddesses can be stronger than others because of what power they have. Gods and goddesses may be immortal and invincable but they all have a weak point. Like I said, they are also humans and when they change back, all of their wounds would hurt more as a human than as a god.

I don't understand why you have to involve humans with magic rings to this? Why can't it just be real gods versus real goddesses?

And it would be good if you'd build up some tension between the gods and the goddesses, meaning [i]why[/i] they fight against each others? What are their motives? Just showing off who are stronger is kind of childish... Maybe they should have something to fight over (a special mortal, a relic/treasure of some sort, maybe ambrosia that keeps them immortal like in the Greece mythology).

But as I always say when I deal my advices on this forum, it's [I]your[/I] RPG and [I]you[/I] make the choices. ;D

[size=1]It sounds rather cheesy so far if you ask me. It's lacking storyline completely. And it indeed makes no sense that humans become gods by using rings. It's like the power rangers, except that pink and yellow fight blue and black instead of resizable monsters. But Power Rangers had a storyline.

Really, you need a storyline and you need to think it over a bit more.[/size]

[QUOTE=Boo][size=1]It sounds rather cheesy so far if you ask me. It's lacking storyline completely. And it indeed makes no sense that humans become gods by using rings. It's like the power rangers, except that pink and yellow fight blue and black instead of resizable monsters. But Power Rangers had a storyline.

Really, you need a storyline and you need to think it over a bit more.[/size][/QUOTE]

I agree. If you get a decent storyline I'd most likely sign-up for it.

[size=1]It sounds like it's got a good premisis, but I don't think the humans should be fifteen. Even eighteen would be better than fifteen. You're leaning more towards a kiddy idea if you have them too young (unless that's what you want, then by all means, go for it). I just think you get more of a realistic and thrilling story when the people are older. You don't usually see fifteen year olds killing gods or what-have-you (but then again, you don't see adults do it either ;) Hehe).[/size]