OtakuBoards

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja

azn099

Naruto Ultimate Ninja is finally coming to PS2 also known as Narutimate Hero in Japan. It has a rpg story mode and a 1v1 fighting mode. It has 14 playable characters from Naruto's first season. You can switch to different environment planes to fit your tactical needs. It's in english with the dubbed voices and the releases date is on June 20th.

[B][U]Release Date June 20th[/U][/B]

[URL=http://www.animegalleries.net/naruto.php]Naruto Ultimate Ninja Trailer[/URL] << Click here to watch trailer!!!

[IMG]http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4298/91865120060512screen0057fl.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3868/91865120060428screen0023tc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4872/91865120060308screen0031cp.jpg[/IMG]

^^The game should look somewhat like this.^^

I fell in love with the Narutimate Hero series at the second installment.

It's a great series, but it'll be hard for me to regress when the English versions come out. Especially since I'm already used to Narutimate Hero 3. Going from wonderful graphics to something a few years old is hard enough but from 50 to 15 characters...?

I'll pick up this game; it's the only one I don't have the Japanese version for. The thing I'm looking forward to the most is playing it in [b]English[/b]. It's hard to play with a dictionary in hand. xD

-r2

The DUB series is only at around episode 40 and the chuunin exams end around 70 something. I'll take maybe 8 months or more for the 2nd one to come out. Considering they release one DUB episode per week... Yeah I'm looking forward to the english too.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]FINALLY I'll get to play this one...I've only been able to play the Gekitou Series for the Gamecube, so I've been looking forward to this for a long time. :D

English voices? Ha! It won't bother me because I actually watch the dub. :cool: [/FONT][/COLOR]

To me the PS2 games are def better then the GC games. If it weren't for the fact that NH3's RPG and story modes are in japanese i'd like to get the import since it has the same gameplay engine as the UN game and pretty much all the characters revealed in the anime. Not to mention 95% of naruto sounds better in japanese than english. So i suppose i'll be getting UN when it comes out since it pretty much has most of my fave characters minus temari and itachi...too bad bout the limited moves though.

I would keep my expectations nice and low. Every anime game save 1(gungrave) were aweful so far. I'm pretty sure gungrave was a gaem first as well. So if this does turn out to be decent it will be a nice suprise.

[quote name='Avenged666fold']I would keep my expectations nice and low. Every anime game save 1(gungrave) were aweful so far. I'm pretty sure gungrave was a gaem first as well. So if this does turn out to be decent it will be a nice suprise.[/quote]

No offense bro but Gungrave sucked. Short , simple , repitive in every sense of the word. Im saying this as a huge fan of the anime. Your entitled to like it but I thoguht it was God Awful they couldnt even afford cutscenes.

[quote name='Hunter DX']No offense bro but Gungrave sucked. Short , simple , repitive in every sense of the word. Im saying this as a huge fan of the anime. Your entitled to like it but I thoguht it was God Awful they couldnt even afford cutscenes.[/quote]
Which one did you play? The first one or the one wit hthe long name? The very first one came out about a year or 2 before the actual anime came out. And if the one you don't like is the one I like well oh well. Also the one I played had great graphics and great cutscnees and was very hard to play(without cheats). Anyway I really do hope that this Naruto game will be good. It most likely won't be but I hope it is. I played some gamecube Naruto game in a gamestop thsi weekend and it sucked. I beat the same guy 15 times all i did was press the same button over and over again.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]You must be refeirng to Gungrave Overdose.I thoguht you meant the first piece of #### game.OD was decent nothing mind blowing .The cutscenes were all chacters inside little boxes with horrible VA.

As for Naruto like Avegened said dont get to excited.Since its most likely going to bomb. Seeing how bad the GC versions of the Naruto franchise have been. Maybe Naruto has a better chance on the PS2.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Hunter DX][COLOR=DarkGreen']Seeing how bad the GC versions of the Naruto franchise have been.[/COLOR][/quote]The GCN version of Naruto and PS2 version of Naruto are very different. It's like comparing SSB gameplay style to Soul Calibur gameplay style.

Clash of the Ninja (CotN) plays with a 2D fighting style in a 3D environment. (Think Soul Calibur, DOA, or Tekken. You and your opponent are on a 3D stage, but the camera always rotates so one of you will be on one side, and the other on the other side.)
Ultimate Ninja (UN) plays on a 2D playing field with 2 layers of fighting, but encorperates 3D fighting. (Think Guilty Gear. You play on a 2D stage, but can 'teleport' over to the other stage in the background. Though, even if someone is on the other stage, you can throw weapons at them as an attack.)

CotN has a basic ring that you fight in.
UN has a variety of stages that you can jump on, run through, fly across, tight-rope walk on, and even hang from walls.

CotN tries to be "Naruto: The Fighting Game" with better fight mechanics than UN.
UN tries to be "Naruto The Anime Game" with injokes for fans from the Anime, Trivia, and a pretty good RPG to boot.

GameFAQs.com had a lot of friction between fans of the Gekitou Ninja Taisen (CotN) series and the Narutimate Hero (UN) series. CotN fans played their game for the fighting, and called UN fans Naruto Anime fanboys. UN fans played their game because they thought it was more fun than CotN, and loved the connections to the Anime. Though, they called the CotN fans names too. :rolleyes:

-r2

That concept sounds similar. DBZ budokai anyone? That sounds alot like their premise. waht happened to their games? Well execpt for 3 (and maybe the new one I don't know since I haven't plaed it) all of them were kind of lame. So no matter what anyone tells me I'm expecting this to suck. If the game comes out and proves me wrong than great but I doubt it will. dunno maybe im just being pessimistic beacuse the recent Samurai Champloo game sucked and I had high hopes for that. But regardless I think I will be right. [COLOR=DarkGreen]Oh and off topic but nope I never played OD I was talkin about he first one which you apperently don't like so we can agree to disagree. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]FINALLY I'll get to play this one...I've only been able to play the Gekitou Series for the Gamecube, so I've been looking forward to this for a long time. :D

English voices? Ha! It won't bother me because I actually watch the dub. :cool: [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

well, all the more reason for me to get PS3! man, the Ultimate Ninja series looks mad awesome!!!! i mean, the ultimate attacks [B]actually[/B] have real cutscenes!!! moreover, this game has a lot more characters than Clash of Ninja. but i have Gamecube, and i'm desperately trying to save up for PS3.(cuz there's no point in getting a PS2 now)

overall, it looks awesome. i [B]will[/B] get PS3, and i [B]will[/B] get Ultimate Ninja!!!!

Naruto Ultimate Ninja is just a translation of Narutimate Hero in Japan. If you have ever played Narutimate Hero then it's almost the exact same thing except in english and with 2 new characters. I really want to get it too, but usually fighting games like this and DBZ Budokai get old really fast.

I find that it depends on who you're playing with, just like Mario Kart. Because the Narutimate Hero games are pretty short (unless you include trying to collect tons of money and all the items), and the computer ai isn't great, the biggest part of the game is the versus mode.

If your friends can make the vs mode fun, the game can last you a while. If you have nobody to play with, the game can get old fast.

[quote name='KyuubiKhaos]i [B]will[/B] get PS3, and i [B]will[/B'] get Ultimate Ninja!!!![/quote]But Narutimate Hero is for PS2 8).

-r2

Yes, these games do get old fast. D:
But since this series has more characters, it might be more fun.
I loved Narutimate Ninja 2. ( i think, not sure of the number..) Maybe because the game wasn't mine and only played for 5 minutes.. >.<
But the American release should be good enough for me. :D

14 characters isn't really alot compared to 42 in Narutimate Hero 3 and over 100 characters are gonna be in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2. Yeah if I have a friend play with me then it lasts a few weeks longer.

What's wrong with the post quality? We're just talking about the elements of Naruto Ultimate Ninja? Like how many characters there are and how fast it can get old. Except for that time where the two people were talking Gungrave...

[quote name='azn099']What's wrong with the post quality? We're just talking about the elements of Naruto Ultimate Ninja? Like how many characters there are and how fast it can get old. Except for that time where the two people were talking Gungrave...[/quote]

[color=darkred]Yes, there are predominantly good posts in this thread, but there are also those that don't quite match Otakuboard's standards, as in the ones which lack material, which only urges others to follow their lead. People posting about how awesome the game will be, or how they can't wait for it doesn't cut it. But, for some reason I deleted your last post regarding the characters in the game, which is a valid post, so I'll look into restoring it. Sorry about that.

Oh, and I did intend to mention the off-topic Gungrave fiasco, just in a very in-direct manner. I never noticed it at the time, which is, granted, my omission, otherwise I would have said something, but seeing as nobody has mentioned it up to now, I figured it must have blown over.

However, my post regarding post quality still stands, and I'd like for things to pick up in this thread. If you want to talk about this any further then you can send me a PM.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Just a quick note on thread closing here:

Threads such as this shouldn't be closed just because a few people are posting spam in it. If there are also good posts being made, the bad ones should simply be weeded out by deleting them and, if need be, sending warnings to those people via PM. Threads that have already been going for a bit with decent discussion happening should only be closed if a great majority of what's being posted in it has turned to spam.

After all, closing a thread won't really stop spam, because the next thread to come along will face the very same problem. Warnings and bannings, however, will.[/color]

[QUOTE=Bombu][color=darkred]Yes, there are predominantly good posts in this thread, but there are also those that don't quite match Otakuboard's standards, as in the ones which lack material, which only urges others to follow their lead. People posting about how awesome the game will be, or how they can't wait for it doesn't cut it. But, for some reason I deleted your last post regarding the characters in the game, which is a valid post, so I'll look into restoring it. Sorry about that.

Oh, and I did intend to mention the off-topic Gungrave fiasco, just in a very in-direct manner. I never noticed it at the time, which is, granted, my omission, otherwise I would have said something, but seeing as nobody has mentioned it up to now, I figured it must have blown over.

However, my post regarding post quality still stands, and I'd like for things to pick up in this thread. If you want to talk about this any further then you can send me a PM.[/color][/QUOTE]

Oh ok. I'll just post longer more detailed posts then. I'm only 14 so I'm not exactly great in grammar but I'll do my best.

On another note, Naruto Ultimate Ninja's release date is now June 26. Which really doesn't help me beacuse I don't have enough money anyways. Go to [URL]http://naruto.namcobandaigames.com/[/URL] if you want a more detailed and cooler explaination of the game.

[size=1]I'm really excited about this game, but I have a few concerns that end up true for these sort of fighting games (*coughbudokaicough*).

Will it get repetitive? The cut scenes looked nothing short of amazing, but if you do a three-hit combo every time you hit X-X-X, it would be ridiculously dull after ten minutes.

Will it be more of a command-punching game? Budokai felt cumbersome and slow - it was only a contest to see who could punch in the most combos.

Will there be a heavy tactical element to it? If not, it's just not staying true to the story of Naruto. [spoiler]Without having to seriously strategize around Shikamaru's shadow attack thing, or have to do trap someone to do the Chidori or Rasengan on them, it would be dull at best.[/spoiler]

Basically, I'm just worried that the game won't maintain story fidelity -- the fluidity of combat, the intense and strategically involved nature of these banners, etc. Many games end up being interesting for a couple minutes, but go flat from repitition.

And as an interesting sidenote, I sort of wish it were something like a Super Smash Bros. fighting game. I think that way, you could move with more freedom, set up traps, etc.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]LOLOMGWTF! I have waited for this *as of everyone else* for awhile dude I see enough pics for this to show how much it rocks yes it will be from the first season of Naruto but it's satisfying enough the Gamecube was ok Dragonball Z Budakai did'nt do pretty hot either but Clash of Ninja was more better looking & fluid now, Ultimate Ninja will it be on a rampage & [I]maybe[/I]*again*[I]maybe[/I] beat the Dragonball Z game frachise?...well we will see for ourselves won't we now?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

:animesmil

[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]Will it get repetitive? The cut scenes looked nothing short of amazing, but if you do a three-hit combo every time you hit X-X-X, it would be ridiculously dull after ten minutes.

Will it be more of a command-punching game? Budokai felt cumbersome and slow - it was only a contest to see who could punch in the most combos.[/size][/QUOTE]Once again, I'm speaking in terms of the Ultimate Ninja series, since I've only played the sequels of the same mechanics. There is only one attack button, (circle) but since the screen is so large, and items are involved, strategy is a big part of the play. This is especially true because a lot of combos can be practically nullified with a well placed [i]kawarimi jutsu[/i]. [b]If you run out of chakra it will turn into an unfair combo fest[/b] but that's why chakra management is such a big part of the game.

[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]Will there be a heavy tactical element to it? If not, it's just not staying true to the story of Naruto. [spoiler]Without having to seriously strategize around Shikamaru's shadow attack thing, or have to do trap someone to do the Chidori or Rasengan on them, it would be dull at best.[/spoiler]

Basically, I'm just worried that the game won't maintain story fidelity -- the fluidity of combat, the intense and strategically involved nature of these banners, etc. Many games end up being interesting for a couple minutes, but go flat from repitition.[/size][/QUOTE]My friends and I usually play Soul Calibur 3. The reason we switch over to Ultimate Ninja 3 every so often is because UN has such quick and wild gameplay that games like Soul Calibur can feel slow and clunky.

Also, strategy is really important in the game.
A friend of mine uses Itachi and abuses the traps/items in the game (especially the caltropes) to take advantage of the opponent. Since Itachi, is fast, he's able to collect items on the stage before the opponent gets a chance to.
I use Hinata and I'm particularly adept at draining my opponent's chakra, so they can't use jutsu/ougi/kawarimi. So my strategy usually relies on getting my Byakugan out, or smashing my opponent against walls or the ground.

Specific characters also require different strategies.
Shikamaru [spoiler]has his shadow jutsu, but it's not a strategic thing that you can control. He can, though, lay pretty heavy traps that I love to ambush my friends with. They're easy to avoid unless you place them in the proper locations and use them in combination with your throws/attacks to have your opponent trip them.[/spoiler]
Chidori [spoiler]and Rasengan are charge attacks. You can charge them to make them stronger, or release them right away at their weakest point. This requires a lot of strategy to use because your opponent can easily predict your trajectory and dodge the oncoming attack when they see you charging.[/spoiler]
Even the Ougi attacks (the ones that are cinematic) are triggered by a somewhat slow move that needs to be 'activated' first. So this would require fancy combo maneuvering, or at least a keen eye and quick thinking to catch your opponent.

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']And as an interesting sidenote, I sort of wish it were something like a Super Smash Bros. fighting game. I think that way, you could move with more freedom, set up traps, etc.[/size][/quote]That's the game it's usually compared to. It's a wide open stage and you're not always facing your opponent. You can run back and forth, and set up traps and items. There are exploding tags, teleportation scrolls, poison bombs, caltropes, shuriken, and lots of other ninja goodies.

-r2