OtakuBoards

R american radios bashing anime?

Guest ~*fire maiden*~

Guest ~*fire maiden*~
[SIZE=4][/SIZE] :bawl:
ok guys, i was listining to my local christian radio station (dont ask why:devil:
And they were totally bashing anime for no reason! :demon: They said that Pokemon was evil (ok i agree it is a poor excuse for anime) :bellylaug
but then what I freaked the most about....get ready to hear this....they said that Gundam Wing was evil and was involving whichcraft! A guy even wrote a book on it!!! :eek: HE obviously has to much time on his hands! Well what do you think? I thinkt hey seem to be picking on anime for no reason! And where the **** does it say in the Gundam Wing series that they are refering to or using whichcraft.???
:wow: that is soooo not fair and sooo not cool!:help: Do you suport me?? ill just show them something...hehehe:naughty:
-:flaming:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~*fire maiden*~ [/i]
[B][SIZE=4][/SIZE] :bawl:
ok guys, i was listining to my local christian radio station (dont ask why:devil:
And they were totally bashing anime for no reason! :demon: They said that Pokemon was evil (ok i agree it is a poor excuse for anime) :bellylaug
but then what I freaked the most about....get ready to hear this....they said that Gundam Wing was evil and was involving whichcraft! A guy even wrote a book on it!!! :eek: HE obviously has to much time on his hands! Well what do you think? I thinkt hey seem to be picking on anime for no reason! And where the **** does it say in the Gundam Wing series that they are refering to or using whichcraft.???
:wow: that is soooo not fair and sooo not cool!:help: Do you suport me?? ill just show them something...hehehe:naughty:
-:flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

Whoa, thats pretty harsh. Like all that Harry potter bashing, harry potter is the devil, and so on.
I be thinking those people from the radio station havn't actually watched Gundam Wing, and seen how cool it is. Witchcraft, Psshhh.. that's just stupuid Mofo cause the christians an't got nutin to talk about . Y2K, the end of the world has Come and Gone, were still here. Now the christians are just looking for something else to ramble on about being evil.

I don't genralise christians here, i am saying the people who do the radio station. Not the entire religon.

I guess it's all their own interpretation...but Anime and all of those things are original creations...not neccisarliy that of the devil...personally, even though I'm a christian...I'm mature and well versed enough to not listen to extra things, telling me what's good and what's bad. I know it's wrong if it hurts anyone...which harry potter and anime do not.

I think the thing is, once something gets so popular and someone loves it, they think it's the devil. Because they like it, it's bad. I just see it that way. Because Harry Potter is totally not anything witchcraft, if you read the story, you'd understand. And so why isn't every single Disney movie witchcraft because of magic being used? It just loses me.

And Gundam Wing being witchcraft? That's about the lamest thing I've EVER heard...

Ughh............... :flaming: WhYYYYYYYY are some people so...... rgh!!! :cussing: pull your head out of your rear!!! I mean geez, people are always putting the blame of faults on things instead of the people themselves. It's the people that dictate how they live and if theycan handle something or not. A book/video, does not reach out and strangle the person viewing it; if the person is weak-minded and has issues, then they ought to fix their heads instead of bashing material objects. It's like insulting the human race saying that we fall victim to simple [i]things[/i] and that we can't think for ourselves- we're being ruled by everything but us. So therefore, let's just get rid of or protest anything and everything. blah, I don't even know if that made sense... I just had to rant....... OH! Tori, did you know that there was this man SITTING ON THE CURB of regal cinemas with signs out saying that Harry Potter was of the devil or something, and to CALL HIM for HELP from watching the movie?!! I was like.......... :cussing: DUMMY!!!! :drunk: okay..... shutting up...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~*fire maiden*~ [/i]
[B][SIZE=4][/SIZE] :bawl:
but then what I freaked the most about....get ready to hear this....they said that Gundam Wing was evil and was involving whichcraft! A guy even wrote a book on it!!![/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]What area are you in? Or rather, what radio station was it?[/FONT]

Amen to everything you just said Anna.

And NO, you never told me about the guy. I was so surprised that there wasn't people at the theatre when we went on the first day. But that is ridicilous! *In a zombie like trance* Oh, Satan, I worship now, since I have read Harry Potter and seen the movie! I will never be able to control my actions again!

NOT! Geez Louise. I think people KNOW what they want, and that if they have FAITH, then what they do shouldn't matter if they do it RIGHT.

never seen gundam, but the bashing of anything kids like, by saying it is the devil, is absolutely idiotic! I mean if everything they said was the devil, became the devil, ther would be about 20 devils alive in the world. The thing that gets me though, is that the anime that they bash, usually promotes friendship, peservierance(sp?) and all that good stuff. Does that mean that they're saying all those things are evil?

[SIZE=1]:blulaugh: Those christians never stop do they!?? (no offense to any of you peoples out there) I'm mean come ON! GW??? Witchcraft??? That has to be the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard! Don't they make references to "god" in that anime? Oh my goodness... that gave me a good laugh.. they've reached an all time low.. *sigh* ya that was great, lol :toothy:[/SIZE]

There would be much much more than 20 devils running around...and everything would be banned and forsaken. It's just so gosh darn annoying. And yes, Treize makes a whole speech about God in one episode. So what's up with that?

And now that I think of it, GW does promote friendship and perservence. So what's up with those people? And so does Harry Potter now that I think about it!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]:blulaugh: Those christians never stop do they!?? (no offense to any of you peoples out there) [/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]::groans:: None taken....

It's a bit depressing to be grouped with these people....

Ah, well.

Some people on a radio show were freaking out, saying that they'd never let their kids read/watch Harry Potter because of the witchcraft/satanic influence/whatever.

Harry Potter is [i]fantasy[/i].

I'm sorry--but if your child does not know the difference between fantasy and reality, then you have failed as a parent.[/FONT]

[color=indigo][i]...No one suspects the spanish inquisition...[/i]--Monty Python

Those crazy Christians do the darndest things, don't they. First they said that bands like WASP and Winger were pawns of the devil (come on, do you think the devil would listen to WASP and Winger). Now they are bashing anime. Granted, I am not a Pokemon fan, but the few episodes that I have seen portray the hero as a positive role model (although he imprisons his pokemon in really small balls). I can see why some extremist Christian groups don't like Gundam, its violent, but I don't think I have ever seen an episode that has witchcraft in it. These extremist Christian groups are beginning to piss me off. I think next sunday, I am going to commandere the church organ and play [i]Call of Cthulu[/i] for everyone:devil: [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]I'm sorry--but if your child does not know the difference between fantasy and reality, then you have failed as a parent.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

bwahahahaha! i never thought of it that way before, very good point Cera:laugh:

about pokemon and digimon, i think the reason why its bashed is that the bashers can't contemplate monsters being friendly. its a very medieval view (i had to a subject last semester on it) all monsters or non-human things, besides animals, were evil demons or creatures to be vanquished in folklore, never to be tamed or loved. Even if you wrote a story in that period about a unearthly creature being cared for by a human, you would be branded a witch, on the charges of keeping a familiar of the devil.
Bah, I hope i make sense to some peeps. .

this has nothing to do w/ radio, everything to do w/ closed minded religious people...

one of the worst things i've heard was how jerry fallwell said kids shouldn't watch the teletubbies b/c one of them was gay. i watched it on purpose after that, for as long as i could stand it anyway.

& there is nothing on gundam wing that even remotely resembles witchcraft. please, people, grasping at straws here. i think some people just sit around trying to think up stuff to bash. they have no lives. this reminds me of how my parents wouldn't let me watch scooby-doo.

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]I guess it's all their own interpretation...but Anime and all of those things are original creations...not neccisarliy that of the devil...personally, even though I'm a christian...I'm mature and well versed enough to not listen to extra things, telling me what's good and what's bad. I know it's wrong if it hurts anyone...which harry potter and anime do not. [/B][/QUOTE]

i agree with r.t. and its the same with me( even though my mom dosn't really like the fact i like anime but knows i like it and have my own mind). but it is weird how they could put gundam w and witch craft together.

Hah. Gundam Wing sucked anyways.

After putting up with other people's opinions for this many years, one gets used to listening to utter BS all the time.

One thing though. It's freedom of speech, which is perfectly legal, stupid as it may seem. Two, it's a Christian station, and everyone knows that those people are going to bash anything that doesn't strictly follow the Bible word for word.

Yeah, it's stupid that someone would suggest the idea that Anime is evil, but whoever thought of that is stupid as well, and you shouldn't even pay attention to it.

If anything in this world is evil, it's religion.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stormbringer [/i]
[B]Two, it's a Christian station, and everyone knows that those people are going to bash anything that doesn't strictly follow the Bible word for word.
[/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]I resent that. Christian though I may be, and I'll never try and hide it--this stuff is ridiculous. Please, please, please, don't make harsh generalizations.[/FONT]

[color=crimson]I totally agree with the whole "if you don't know the difference between fantasy and reality then your parents failed" thing. That's exactly what I believe. And if your child actually WANTS to read this day in age, you should LET THEM! Especially a children's book such as Harry Potter. All kids want to do is play videogames and watch TV. What they read in a book can never amount to all the horrid stuff they're submitted to on television.[/color]

:rotflmao: Fanatics are so pathetic! I'm a christian and I have my own mind. If there's something in the Bible that goes agaisn't my beliefs, I won't obey that. If a bunch of fanatics come to my door and condem (sp?) me for all eternity, I'll laugh, get watever they are blaming this time and watch/drink/eat/play with it...:blah:

Okay, in response tothe whole Christian generalizations:

I myself am very devoutly religious (Queen Asuka can vouch for me on that one), and am Christian. I have read the bible and other scripture as well, and I follow them pretty close to the line. I'm not the modernized extremist though. Not all CHristians are bent on forcing their OPINIONS on other people. What a lot of extremists push or voice are their OPINIONS. These few or so do not make up the entire group of Christianity.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]Okay, in response tothe whole Christian generalizations:

I myself am very devoutly religious (Queen Asuka can vouch for me on that one), and am Christian. I have read the bible and other scripture as well, and I follow them pretty close to the line. I'm not the modernized extremist though. Not all CHristians are bent on forcing their OPINIONS on other people. What a lot of extremists push or voice are their OPINIONS. These few or so do not make up the entire group of Christianity. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson] Yeah, Anna, I agree with you, but I don't think they really do mean all Christians when they say it on here. There are some messed up Christians out there, though, but still. The generalizations aren't necessary. [/color]

lol

Ofcourse American anything will bash anime.... they (by "they" I mean some certain Americans) will bash anything that is foreign and popular... they are just afraid because they are weak. They are bad parents who can't raise their children to watch what the tell them to watch so they have to band up together and bash it publically cause they have nothing better to do with their worthless lives.

And all those people who say whatever has witchcraft... JESUS! Grow up you pathetic slime! This isn't the 1700's or 1800's... What promoted witchcraft is the fact you imbosiles talk about it every god damn second of every god damn day! And it's NOT REAL, unlike the hangings you people committed during the early 1800's... should we talk about what is real? I'm so sick and tired of those people... why don't they just go run in front of bus so they can get to "heaven" faster and we smart people don't have to deal with their complete idiocy for the rest of our lives.

heh, and they say religion doesn't corrupt.... i think we have all the proofwe need to say it does for SOME people. This post was only meant for the radical religious idiots out there, not anyone else.