OtakuBoards

Is online love real?

woody

[color=indigo]I liked the pinky question...anyway I don't think online love can be real. It is possible that you find someone that you relate to well, but I don't think that you can really know someone well until you meet them. Although if you think you are in love with someone online and you get along with them incredibly well you should try to arrange to meet them:2women:[/color]this smiley rocks

[color=deeppink]My automatic response is no -_-.

I could elaborate on my answer...like how you could start to love someone you only know online without being able to touch them or just be with them (in a tangible way) then you really have no idea what you're involved in.

Online, people lie.

Though talking to someone you're "attracted to" (you're merely attracted to their ability to use their words wisely) [i]can[/i] be nice...it's not beneficial at all.

Real life love is something I look forward to very much...I'm still brooding over the fact that I don't have a boyfriend *throws random object* but I know some day he'll be there.

There [i]is[/i] one person I let get away...and I regret that :(...wait! This is turning into a love thread, isn't it? :shifty:[/color]

[color=orangered][size=1]Actually, it's funny you ask this.

My younger sister found her b/f on the 'net. They were chatting on ICQ for about three months...then they started talking on the phone every single night..and finally they met (my mum went along to make sure he wasn't an axe murderer lol).

They haven't been together all that long, but it's really worked out for her.

They still talk on the phone every single night...and so I think that meeting online first meant that they weren't overcome by superficial stuff. I mean, they got to know each other and became friends...and then took it further in the "real world".

My sister is very beautiful...and she looks a lot older than she is (she probably looks older than me lol), so I think a lot of guys would judge her on face value...but she doesn't have a picture on the net, and so whoever she talks to really has to like her for who she is.

So from that aspect...it can be a good thing I think. [/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=orangered][size=1]Actually, it's funny you ask this.

My younger sister found her b/f on the 'net. They were chatting on ICQ for about three months...then they started talking on the phone every single night..and finally they met (my mum went along to make sure he wasn't an axe murderer lol).

They still talk on the phone every single night...and so I think that meeting online first meant that they weren't overcome by superficial stuff. I mean, they got to know each other and became friends...and then took it further in the "real world".

My sister is very beautiful...and she looks a lot older than she is (she probably looks older than me lol), so I think a lot of guys would judge her on face value...but she doesn't have a picture on the net, and so whoever she talks to really has to like her for who she is.

So from that aspect...it can be a good thing I think. [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I knew someone like that, but she took one step further. She move in with the guy (he's my brother friend). She's in CA and he's in NY. They knew each other in the chat room, and she left her family. I don't know if they work out OK.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]wait! This is turning into a love thread, isn't it? :shifty:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
this is not another love's thread, there're several love's thread already

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=orangered][size=1]Actually, it's funny you ask this.

So from that aspect...it can be a good thing I think. [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah i know what your saying. One of my g/f's i met On-Line, but she was a friend of a friends, so it was all good, i knew she wasn't some 60-year-old guy. But anyway, we went out for about 6 months, after talking for about a month on the net, it was good because when we finally met, it wan't like just looks count, and superficial stuff like that, so i agree with James that under some circumstances on-line love can be ok.

Babygirl doesn't have a B/f!! Jumps off computer and starts running towards Michigan.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]
:(...wait! This is turning into a love thread, isn't it? :shifty:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]No not a love thread, sugary feeling sinking in, followed by a feeling of inadequecy...I agree with[/color] [color=deeppink]Baby Girl[/color][color=indigo] I think you have no idea who you are really talking to because people tend to lie when there are no consequences... [/color]:bawl:

[SIZE=1]If it was strictly online stuff I would say no, but like in James' post, if you meet the person it can be different and stuff. I don't believe in online relationships because I like to be able to see and touch the person of whom I'm interested in. You can't really do that online. And like BabyGirl said, most onliners do lie. It's not that hard to sound like a really nice person. Trying to find a mate online is basically gambling your emotions and whatnot. Though a special few are truthful to who they are :p take me for example, lol(not to boast or anything), what you see is what you get as the saying goes. You see these words that I'm typing, and you get what I'm like in person. Myself in the real world and myself online are the same person.

And BabyGirl, I know you'll find that perfect guy some day! Don't worry, be happy :)[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]

He's *Huff*....On *Puff*...his way.... *Huff, Puff*

*Continues to run towards michigan* [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Silly boys! You make me laugh :rotflmao:

BUT I think I've actually met my sole mate...though...I don't think either of us quite know it yet...bah...so hard to explain -_-

Though...I wouldn't mind Ewan McGregor! *sees how many times she can mention his name in one night*[/color]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]as most of you know... me and kittie are very very close to each other... i think it is as real as you let it be... like i beat the crap outta one of my friends for dating one of my ex's from on here... and while there IS a change the person isnt real... when you talk to them on the phone and all that it is hard to fake it... but while i love kittie to death... i havent met her... and dont plan to till the summer (US summer not the summer that starts in 3 days for yall south hemisphere peeps) anyway... it is very real to me... thou i can tell when my friends think they are in love and arent... so i know it can be just as fake as it is IRL as well... so it all depends on everything lol

jenna single... dang... kittie has me wrapped around her finger or id be hightailing it to her house and asking her to the new lord of the rings movie that starts in an hour ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[B]

Whoops, sorry. there is no way to tell with the avatar, and the name :P [/B][/QUOTE]
An example of confusing on the net.
Kuja, you're in love now, so online love work out well for you.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B]

[color=indigo] Woody isn't a guy?(misleading name), now I understand the whole pinky question, Anyway don't trust dirty, filthy men on the internet...wait a minute, trust us, Trust Us!!![/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA It's so true, were so old and seedy. (But lets not tell them that)

[B]

[color=indigo] Woody isn't a guy?(misleading name), now I understand the whole pinky question, Anyway don't trust dirty, filthy men on the internet...wait a minute, trust us, Trust Us!!![/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

there's nothing special about the pinky question, I don't know why you guys make it so complicated.
HC, you're a guy?

Too much confusing :huh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by woody [/i]
[B]

there's nothing special about the pinky question, I don't know why you guys make it so complicated.
HC, you're a guy?

Too much confusing :huh: [/B][/QUOTE]

Name...
...Guy

Simple as that, just like you look a Guy, with the avatar and name.

[B]

Name...
...Guy
Simple as that, just like you look a Guy, with the avatar and name. [/B][/QUOTE]

I turn out to be a girl. If I flirt with someone online who I thought to be a guy (according to name/avatar) and it turn out to be a girl, that would be himuliating.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by woody [/i]
[B]

HC, you're a guy?

Too much confusing :huh: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo] Yeah I'm a guy, I know my names a little misleading. When I was younger I used to draw comics, and my favorite charecter was Hell Storm, the guy was one bad dude, I am kind of the opposite, pretty easygoing , so I puned the name Heaven's Cloud, the opposite of a Hell Storm. And us guys tend to make things complicated because it makes it seem funny :drool:[/color]

I had to edit this twice, god is my punctuation horrible

[B][color=indigo]Yeah, I guess so, it depends on how much you two seem to have in common[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
If it's within the country, than it won't cost that much. What about one person from U.S and the other from Australia. I actaully know someone who has an dreaming or illusion disease (I just make up the name). He met her online, she lived in Australia. He desparately want to hear her voice and called her. Once a day is not good enough, he call everytime he has a chance. He's shock (not yet dead) when the he saw the phone bill.