OtakuBoards

the most powerful wusses around

Lady Macaiodh

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]i saw this on dbz today. they're all on the planet of darkness & goku hits his shin on a rock b/c he couldn't see it. he immediately grabs his leg in pain & says "owww, that hurt!" then, on midnight run, gohan & goten are running & videl's plane flies over them. the wind it generates knocks them flat on their faces. & earlier, goten falls from, like, four feet in the air & starts to cry.

now, this kind of crap happens all the time. i can't think of any other examples, but there are tons. here you've got these great warriors who have been pummeled nearly to death by the worst villains in the universe, who knock away enormous ki blasts w/ one hand, & are able to lift buses & stuff, & here they are whining every time they stub their toe & getting knocked over by wind.

does that make sense to you??? i figured if gohan could withstand a kamehameha from cell, then some wind wouldn't be able to knock him over, etc., etc.

i know they aren't really wusses, but jeez. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats what makes it so funny, that they are so powerfull that they can defend the universe, and then they will all of a sudden do something stupid, and complain because it hurt.

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]What Gohan was saying makes some sense. Think of it in terms of real life. If you get into a fight, you are ready to be hit, you are ready to be kicked, and sometimes bit, scratched and stabbed sometimes ^_^ Guess that is being a bit harsh, but you get what I am saying. Sure they will hurt afterwards, but at the moment, you really don't have too much to worry about, since your hormones have taken over, and you are expecting to get hurt.

When you are just walking around the comfort of your house, the last thing you would expect is to slam your shins into the side of a table. It will hurt like none other simply because of the fact that you are not expecting it and you don't have your guard up for it.

Just an example here (obviously not a good one, since I am giving it). But walk up to a table, and kick it with your shin, and I bet it wouldn't hurt as much as if you just walked into one not expecting it. . . yeah, now that I typed that out, it IS a stupid example. . ^_^ Works for me though . . so there! LOL [/SIZE][/COLOR]

One word sums this up completely...

Toriyama

Honestly, Akira Toriyama has one hell fo a sense of humor.. you REALLY know this if you watch the DBZ episodes on the International Channel...

Toriyama did that so that we will want to watch the episode when they aren't in the middle of battle

[B]Have you ever seen another anime- Tenchi for example, or Pokemon, people fall over when they hear stupid statements, or hit their toes off tables etc. It's the same with DBZ, it wouldn't be funny if Krillin threw the stone at Goku and it just shattered on his face and he just stared at Krillin, gloating about the fact that he can withstand a rock. That isn't funny![/B]

Guest BulmaVegeta1
I really think that Vegeta is the only one that dosen't goof off and get hurt like the other guys. But the reason that they do that is sort of for comic relif. The creator, Akira Toriyama, made the characters do that because he wants his audience to laugh. I mean, it's just like joking around. Surely, when you think of big strong Goku reflecting all of those power blasts and then you see him freak out when he sees a little needle you have just got to laugh! See, it's just there for comedy.;)

MARITAL ARTS RULES!!!!!!!!:D

Vegeta: Servant woman! Get me a drying cloth!
Bulma: Drip dry, you jerk!
That is like one of my favorite parts. In the Japanese Version of that episode, I think you can sort of see him in
the shower!:blush:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]

Stone Cold Steve Altron says:

One, there is no word as powerfulest, WHAT?!, I said there is no such word as powerfulest, now if you want SC Steve Altron to open a can of whoop *** on shibatku gimme a hell yeah!

Crowd: HELL YEAH!!!!
Altron: WHAT?!
Crowd: HELL YEAH!!!!

Two, Gokou concentrates like crazy during a fight, the adrenaline is rushing. When Gokou is relaxing he isn't concentrating making him as vulnerable as anybody else, WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?!

*gives Shibatku a Stone Cold Stunner*
Commentator: STUNNER!!!! STUNNER!!! STUNNER!!!!
SC Steve Altron: WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! And that's the bottom line, WHAT?!, cause the WWF CHAMPION, Stone Cold Steve Altron said so!
WHAT?!

-Stone Cold Steve Altron [/B][/QUOTE]

HELL YEAH!!!!

like when vegeta knocked out goku when he got all happy like they were gonna actually buddy up and beat someone.

i love the perverted master roshi! he put his face in betweens 18s breast and said "i love girls" then she twisted his neck. master roshi grabbed her left boob and squess it a couple times and then got pushed into the ship and said "that was great"

I WAS PISSING MY PANTS FOR HOURS!!! the uncensored stuff is soo funny! toonami was hiding it from all along.