OtakuBoards

Pirates or Ninjas?

Lava Lamp

[SIZE=1]Wow, this is getting pretty contentious, hard to believe that could happen with a topic as innocuously titled as Pirates or Ninjas.

My vote however still lies with the pirate camp, a lot of people have brought up how pirates are smelly, unwashed and generally drunk. However you need to remember that these guys were sailing the seas back when it was still something that could quite easily kill you, they also trained to handle pistols, rifles and cutlass. Sure ninjas have the whole stealth thing, but a well trained pirate would nail him with a rifle before he ever got within range of being able to throw a shuriken. Pirates are also generally bigger and stronger than ninjas, making a sword confrontation rather more dicey, sure a ninja has skills, but brute strength as unrefined as it is still plays a major role.

Taking away the combat segment, pirates also have better digs, better chicks and generally better lives, someone called a pirate dirty, I'll bet you ninjas didn't exactly have access to running hot showers everyday either. Plus after all the stuff they do, pirates can become privateers and everything becomes legal, a ninja can't exactly kill someone legally.[/SIZE]

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE=Papa Smurf]The standard ninja is as boring as batsh-t. Standard pirate is fun as hell.

Your example, like so many of the pro-ninja arguments, just fell flat on its face. lol

If you don't think standard ninjas are boring, then let me ask you: when's the last time you heard of a ninja relaxing on a nice tropical island with some good alcohol, great fishing, and absolutely gorgeous bright blue water on the beach?

You want to talk about standard examples...dude, the standard pirate just ganked your ***. lol[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I suppose you think physical deformities like hooks for missing hands, missing eyes covered with patches, and peg legs are "fun as hell". What's the point of relaxing on the beach if you're suffering from several diseases at the same time?

And dude, no one really cares whether you deem the pro-ninja arguments as acceptable. Don't flatter yourself.

Ninjas live through thrills man, day in and day out. Look at Bruce Wayne. Millionare playboy by day, cold-hearted crimestopper by night. Who wouldn't love to drive that Batmobile around, I ask you...

Yeah, I know, not all ninjas are millionares. But they don't necessarily have no lives either.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Your Mother']I suppose you think physical deformities like hooks for missing hands, missing eyes covered with patches, and peg legs are "fun as hell". What's the point of relaxing on the beach if you're suffering from several diseases at the same time?[/quote]
Okay, if you want to play with the cliches? What's so appealing about a cliche ninja? There's absolutely nothing compelling about the cookie-cutter-"STEALTH IT!"-OMFG KATANA BLADE AND SHURIKEN11!!1!-Japanese ninja LOVE-ninja.

Oh, and talking about disease...Dread Pirate Roberts came back from being mostly dead, and healed to 100% within an hour. Show me a ninja who can come anywhere close to that, and who's friends with Billy Crystal, Carol Kane, and Andre the Giant, to boot.

[quote]And dude, no one really cares whether you deem the pro-ninja arguments as acceptable. Don't flatter yourself.[/quote]
Don't get your panties in a twist, and post an actualized point next time, and then I won't judge your rebuttal as half-assed or unacceptable. You want ninjas to be taken seriously here, you're going to need to provide more than just "Dude, get over yourself." lol. If you don't like that, tough. It's how things work, mate.

[quote]Ninjas live through thrills man, day in and day out. Look at Bruce Wayne. Millionare playboy by day, cold-hearted crimestopper by night. Who wouldn't love to drive that Batmobile around, I ask you...[/quote]
Batman is a ninja only insofar as he's got ninjitsu training and implements stealth into his techniques. The Batmobile is not ninja-like at all, so I don't see how it could ever factor into this discussion.

Plus, if we're talking vehicles anyway...dude, pirates have got the Jolly Roger, the Black Pearl, the ship of Dread Pirate Roberts...I think pirates have got ninjas completely spanked in terms of travel.

[quote]Yeah, I know, not all ninjas are millionares. But they don't necessarily have no lives either.[/QUOTE]
Try only one ninja-esque character is a millionaire. The rest are poor as hell and/or god-modded to the extreme. lol

[font=Comic Sans MS]Okay...this is getting sort of convoluted, isn't it?

The question was...which would you prefer to be? Not...which one has a certain set of fighting techniques and who's got scabies.

There are still pirates. And I'm quite certain they aren't hobbling round on peglegs, suffering of scurvy.

Screw POTC. I'm basing my original answer on the reality of pirates from ancient history to date... not on a damned Disney movie, thank you very much.

I also find it amusing that you'd presume all pirates are fat slovenly bastards. That made me laugh. You have any idea how much strength it takes to raise an' drop sail an' haul in the slack an' anchors on a tall ship? Try loading a cannon sometime. I sort o' doubt there were a lot o' fat (nor even adequately fed) pirates back in the day of tall ships.

And, going along with my original answer... there's a reason there aren't ninja running amock in Asia anymore. Because they were a political tool.

Look into the "politics" of piracy, and therin lies my reasoning.
[/font]

[QUOTE=elfpirate][font=Comic Sans MS]I also find it amusing that you'd presume all pirates are fat slovenly bastards. That made me laugh. You have any idea how much strength it takes to raise an' drop sail an' haul in the slack an' anchors on a tall ship? Try loading a cannon sometime. I sort o' doubt there were a lot o' fat (nor even adequately fed) pirates back in the day of tall ships.
[/font][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Why, shivering timber, arr. [url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=I0yI2MQf8Tk&search=pirate%25][color=indigo]You[/color][/url] truly [url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=I0yI2MQf8Tk&search=pirate%25][color=indigo]are a pirate[/color]![/url][/size]

[quote name='Papa Smurf']Okay, if you want to play with the cliches? What's so appealing about a cliche ninja? There's absolutely nothing compelling about the cookie-cutter-"STEALTH IT!"-OMFG KATANA BLADE AND SHURIKEN11!!1!-Japanese ninja LOVE-ninja. [/quote]

[SIZE=1]
Maybe that's your opinion, and I still have to accept it.?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Papa Smurf']Oh, and talking about disease...Dread Pirate Roberts came back from being mostly dead, and healed to 100% within an hour. Show me a ninja who can come anywhere close to that, and who's friends with Billy Crystal, Carol Kane, and Andre the Giant, to boot.[/quote]

OMG! ALL PIRATES HAVE SUPER-REGENERATIVE POWERS! Can they fly too?

[quote name='Papa Smurf']Don't get your panties in a twist, and post an actualized point next time, and then I won't judge your rebuttal as half-assed or unacceptable. You want ninjas to be taken seriously here, you're going to need to provide more than just "Dude, get over yourself." lol. If you don't like that, tough. It's how things work, mate.[/quote]

[SIZE=1] Hey, you know what? When you stop sounding like a smug, condesecending little prick on her period, maybe I'll take your whining seriously. All right? I just told you, I - don't- GIVE A FLYING F**K whether [I]you[/I] think my rebuttal is acceptable or not. Everyone else here respects the opinions of others, maybe you should try it too!
[/SIZE]

[quote name='Papa Smurf']Batman is a ninja only insofar as he's got ninjitsu training and implements stealth into his techniques. [/quote]

[SIZE=1]Your point being..? Shinmaru already discussed that.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Papa Smurf']Try only one ninja-esque character is a millionaire. The rest are poor as hell and/or god-modded to the extreme. lol[/quote]

[SIZE=1]
Yeah. I suppose you work as a teller at the First National Ninja Bank.[/SIZE]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][i]It makes you look silly[/i].[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
[size=1]Especially since this fred isn't serious at all. :^D

[b]For post below:[/b] Fred is cool language for thread. :)[/size]

[font=trebuchet ms]Ding ding! Time, gentlemen, please!
[quote name='Your Mother][font=verdana][size=1]Hey, you know what? When you stop sounding like a smug, condesecending little prick on her period, maybe I'll take your whining seriously. All right? I just told you, I - don't- GIVE A FLYING F**K whether you think my rebuttal is acceptable or not.[/size'][/font][/quote]Hear that siren? That's the personal attack alarm and you just triggered it. Strike one, Mother.

I think that was the final indication that this thread was way out of hand. And just because I get the last word and I like to take advantage of stuff like that, I'll declare that pirates have come out of the debate with the upper hand...

[b]Thread closed.[/b][/font]