OtakuBoards

Oh my god! YOU are HIM???

2010DigitalBoy

Okay, so a lot of the time I'll be on OB and talking in one of the threads discussing peoples' names and realize someone is someone and I never knew.

For example, when I first joined OB the first person I ever talked to was Double B Daigo who was so nice as to let me join his Trigun RPG even though not only did I never sign up, but it was already 3 pages long. Anywho, I practically idolized him. He knew Tai-kwon-do, did awespme battles, and was fun to talk to. When I stopped hearing from him about 3 years ago I was sad and always wondered what happened.

And then 2 days ago I found out he's The Boss and has been here THE WHOLE TIME!!!

Also, I had wondered for a while who was Athena/Goddess because everyone seemed to know her and I had never even heard of her, then lo-and-behold, she turns out to be Annie who I used to RP with!

Did any of you have similar experience? I mean I only just found out that Gavin was Red XIII... mayybe I'm just behind, but someone else musta gone through this!!!

Similar experience but different Forum, this gal under the name "darkened_girl" was practically the first person I met on that Forum the "us.playstation.com forum" I was on for quite a while and we stopped PMing each other around 2 years ago, and about 3 months after that I was online, chatting in a room this girl IMed me slightly with a slightly familiar name "reisha_darkenedgirl" and after some time it ended up that she remembers me and i had no idea it was her, now i left that forum and came here we communicate through IM now, it's nice when you stick to one name all the time hehe

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I'm trying to think of any times when it's happened but I'm drawing a blank, mostly I'd say this is down the that I'm either aware the person changed their username or I've not yet realised Member A was Member B from way back when. I think a lot of Oldies have kept their original usernames or at least kept to an older username so that makes them easier to distinguish.

However if I'm to include times when people recall me by my previous username then it happens every once in a while, one of the more memorable ones I can recall is probably Outlaw when he realised that I'd been Red XIII, or was it Outcast... Anyway it was funny as I'd always thought he'd known that I had changed my username and we had a bit of a laugh about it.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Tical']Did any of you have similar experience? I mean I only just found out that Gavin was Red XIII... mayybe I'm just behind, but someone else musta gone through this!!![/quote]

[SIZE=1]I suppose I should bring up Tical that I was Red XIII back between late 2001 and mid 2002, and that the name was chosen again by other people so I may not be who you're thinking of.[/SIZE]

[size=1]Gavin...
Why are you advertising already? I haven't even begun to work out a plotline. :D

Anyway, when I switched my username from my original DarkOrderKnight to KnightOfTheRose, not only did I confuse a lot of people by thinking they didn't know me, I was also mistaken for a woman quite a bit more.

Way back in the golden age, when I first started RPing with Gavin (I think he was Outkast at that time), I had no idea he was Red XIII (a member I had always admired). I've known Annie through all her incarnations simply because we share the same birth date, a year apart however.[/size]

[color=#b0000b][size=1]I have a hard time keeping track of a lot of people, especially because several people have changed their usernames multiple times. There's a whole group of people with one-syllable names who are all just a blur to me, even though they'e been here for a couple years now.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Navy]Um, how about you all just make it easy on me and always private message me when you change your name and you know that I am a friend of yours. You know. It kind of sucks to try and keep track of people, I guess that I just gave up. Only those that still bother to talk to me I guess is all I have to worry about. Yeah, friends come and they go. When I came back, I was good friends with Braidless Baka, KKC, and the like. I wonder what they are up to now. Oh well.[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=slategray]Yeah, I went through the same thing just a few days ago when I was reading through the "Usernames and set personalities" thread. I think I now know why I lost track of all my buddies and stopped PMing people. XD Damn name changes and new accounts. I guess I can't talk, though, I've had two name changes. But I always tried to make it obvious that it was still me. By putting a little note in my signature for a few months, you know.

Actually, Tical, I used to talk to you back when you had your Kyo no Ryu account. In fact, I still have that account name on my buddy list. XD I was probably Conna_da_fox back then. I don't remember.

Also, I had no idea that Athena used to be animangademon. I'd exchange PMs with her occasionally back then. Then again, I hadn't known that she'd switched her name from animangademon up to Annie, either.

I was a little suprised by The Boss, too. I hadn't known he'd gotten a new account off of Double_B_Daigo. Because that account is still on my buddy list too. XD

You people need to stop with the new accounts. A name change here and there is fine... but getting a completely new account just confuses all.[/color][/size]