Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I can't stand Japanese music too much, except Guitar Wolf, Loudness, and X-Japan.
I accept the fact Japanese music is just like American music with less English. Take Namie Amuro's "I can't sleep, can't eat, I'm sick," for a spin and you'll see what I mean.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[quote name='Kanariya][size=1][font=georgia][b]Do As Infinity[/b'] are a nice band too listen to also; Tomiko Van has a wonderful voice and it sounds really good with the melodies and instruments. I only bought two albums, but hey, I can't get everything.][/quote]


oh, yeah! that group who did those songs from Inuyasha! they're good too!


[[quote name='Kanariya][b]Peelander Z[/b] would count too; those guys are [i]crazy.[/i][/font'][/size][/quote]

i saw them on Most Extreme Elimination Challenge(MXC), that import physical challenge game show from Japan. they are [B]too[/B] weird. but nonetheless, they rock out loud! :animesmil
Posted
I am a Japanese music [B]addict[/B] =]
I love J-rock!::
I've been listening to a lot of Kagrra, lately-their music is amazing.
Miyavi has been my favorite since I started listening to Jrock.
Gackt has some great music too.
I just recently bought a cd by L'arc~en~ciel that sounds great.
Gazette, Alice Nine, Panic Channel, and D'espairs Ray have some really good music

I love a lot of Utada Hikaru's music
&&Yoko Kanno is just amazing.



:catgirl:
Posted
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Indigo]Currently, I listen mainly to JRock.
My favourite Japanese band right now would be Polysics... I would create a thread specifically for them, but I'm not sure that enough people would know about them to warrant that XD

I'll let Wikipedia take over for me here.

"Polysics are a Japanese new wave/synth-pop/J-Rock band, hailing from Tokyo. The band started in 1997, but got their big break in 1998 at a concert in Tokyo. They create high energy music, fusing conventional guitar music, with synthesized and computer generated sound to create a unique mixture of punk and pop, heavily inspired by the American band Devo. Their song lyrics often consist of Japanese, broken English, or just plain gibberish ("Space Language"). The band has been noted for their extremely energetic live performances and their wild gimmicky outfits."

I have never heard a more insane band than Polysics. I've watched some of their concerts via youtube and the energy they have is incredible.. they make any cover song they do completely their own. My favourite songs by them include I My Me Mine, Baby Bias, Electric Surfer Go Go, Black Out Fall Out and Domo Arigato Mr Roboto. If you're looking for something different, and you haven't listened to them yet, I definitely recommend you check them out.

Other favourites are:
AKFG: Come on. The standard for any JRock fan. Ridiculously catchy. I'm in love with the singer's voice =3 Kimi to iu Hana is and always will be my favourite.

AnCafe: Mm. pretty boys. Miku has the cutest voice. It's not exactly pretty, but I love him no matter what.

Alice Nine: Again. I'm a sucker for pretty boys. The lead singer for these guys has a much prettier voice.

Ellegarden: They do quite a bit of singing in English. And that's what it is! Hardly engrishy at all. Many people wouldn't be able to tell they're even Japanese!

Tons more but it's late and I'm tired XD[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
yay i like polysics :)

I could not name the Japanese bands i have liked or currently do like.

I'm a huge Dir en grey fan. For those of you not up on current concerts, they will be playing with Korn on the Family Values tour this summer, tickets still available for $10 :)

I also like move, pop/trance/dance/whatever...

I've seen Psycho le cemu and Despair's Ray live. I've been a DR fan since they were playing small clubs in Japan. Their music was so good and still is. I wasnt a big fan of Psycho, but i got the chance to see them live, and I really liked their live performances. Great stuff.

Other bands i either own CDs of or like would be: L'Arc~en~Ciel, Luna Sea, Favorite Blue, PENICILLIN (look at avatar) Porno Graffitti, Hakuei, Chisato, Gackt, hide, Kagrra, Kagerou, and probably a good 20 more i cant name off the top of my head.

It seems so that Hot Topic will now be carrying some Japanese paraphenalia... They already carry a Dir en grey, Despairs Ray, and Phantasmagora shirt, plus the Dir en grey album [i]Withering to Death[/i]. SO expect to see more Japanese bands hitting American soil very soon.
Posted
Dir en Grey, L'Arc En Ciel,The Pillows,Nami Tamaki & Gackt are probally my favorites. I don't really listen to much J-pop, so I can't really tell you there (though The Pillows have a much lighter sound than most of jappanese rock) But music in general, I would have to put Yoko Kanno up there O.o She's just too good!
Guest Akihabara
Posted
The genre is very catchy i find myself loveing evry j-rock song that I hear. Its a great genre.
Guest meguru
Posted
[B][COLOR=Blue]I really like DeG, their music is awesome and their one of my fav bands, others are Utada Hikaru, Alice Nine, Phantasmagoria, BIS, Gazette, Gackt, Malice Mizer, La:Sadies, Pennicillin, Ayabie, An Cafe, and a million more I could name but since there is too many I'll just stick with those for now. [/COLOR][/B] :D
Posted
[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Ah yes... all kinds of different Japanese music are my favorites because I just love the words and the whole feeling when you listen to it. Kind of like it teaches you something about life or whatever. XD I might have to say I like it a little more than American music. *Gets kicked and her American rights taken away* XDD

Well, I mostly love songs by Utada Hikaru because she has such a lovely voice and the softness and roughness of the different sounds in her music attracts me. Also... because her songs are on the KH games!! XD

Some other bands I love are Orenji Renji, UNDO, L`Arc~En Ciel, T.M. Revolution and way more. I guess I'm pretty obssessed with it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]After listening to JRock for many years now, I still am obsessed with Gackt more than ever. Malice Mizer is the band that I first heard of JRock, and I like them pretty well. Gackt really enjoys the music of Mr. Children, so you should check them out if you want to hear really good JPop. Gazette, Kagrra, Glay, Pierrot, and Miyavi are all very good. So check those out. Gackt is definitely the best of all in my opinion. A good site to go to is [URL=www.fiyaa.com/gackt]www.fiyaa.com/gackt[/URL] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]
Guest Macha
Posted
all thats on my mp3 player is japanese music :animeswea i luv most of the music by Yuki Kaijura
Guest sasuka_#1wife
Posted
I Love Japanese Music that half of the music on my computer but I love Utada Hikarau,Ayumi Hamasaki,BOA,CHEMISTRY,Crystal Kay,Hide,Home Made Kazoku,HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR,Skoop On Somebody,Skoop On Somebody,Sakamoto Maaya,Namie Amuro,Midicronica,UVERworld and many more
Posted
I love GACKT CAMUI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's my Fave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he';s hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


i also like L'aec~en~ciel Luna sea w-inds x-japan yoko ishida Hyde (without his band.) Bi Kattun Kinki kids and much more. :animeswea
Posted
Hmm...japanese music

+Ayumi Hamasaki
+Dir-En-Grey
+Le-Arc-En-Ciel
+Flow
+Asian Kung Fu Generation
+Utada Hikaru
+Oranges
+Gackt
+Dagashi Kashi
+Duel Jewel
+UVERworld
+HYDE

those are probably my favorites right now..or the ones that i CAN remember,lol.
Posted
I don't listen to a lot of Japanese music because usually I'll hear a band, and listen to them a lot until I find another band. I do hear pretty cool songs here and there.

[U]I do like[/U][list]
[*]KAT-TUN
[*]Gackt
[*]w-inds.
[*]NewS(Mostly Yamapi)
[*]Utada Hikaru
[*]L'Arc~en~Ciel
[/list]

As you can see, a lot of the bands I like are j-pop.
Posted
Cool cool. Japanese music rawks my life. some japanese bands i listen to alot

1.Orange range
2.Asian kung fu generation
3gackt
4.gazette
5.Janne da arc
6.Miyavi
7.Kagerou
8.High and mighty color
9.Flcl
10 the pillows.

Those are my top ten bands :animesmil
Guest Yami Malika
Posted
[SIZE=1]I really like J-Pop and J-Rock! Some artists/bands (J-Pop/J-Rock) that I have listened to over the years are:

- L'Arc~En~Ciel
- X-Japan
- Malice Mizer
- Gackt
- Utada Hikaru
- Namie Amuro
- Ayumi Hamasaki
- Koda Kumi
- Mika Nakashima
- Maaya Sakamoto

I'm sure that there are so many more, but those are all the ones that I can think of off the top of my head! :animeswea

I personally enjoy listening J-Pop or J-Rock because I feel it's very relaxing most of the time. More so than some of the other music I listen to.

(By the way, I'm new... :animeshy: Hello! ^_^)[/SIZE]
Posted
Hey any one like W-inds? I love Ryohei!!!! W-inds being how I put it a wonderful band though my sister thinks their dances are dorky! I think their dances are awsome!!! So if your a fan let's discuss about them Oh I belive Ryuichi is so silly but funny! Keita is kool.


Keita=lead singer

Ryuichi=back up voice/dancer


Ryohei=Back up voice/dancer



oh keita's mom is supposibly a big fashiion designer, hmmm.....does she design w-inds costumes and wardrobe?


[SIZE=1]
[COLOR=Indigo]Merged the threads. Thank you for fixing your post. -Marsh[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
W-inds. Ah, yes, I remember I thought this band was so cute when I was in high school many moons ago. My sister and I even bought 2 of their albums, and all their songs are pretty good. They're all upbeat and makes you feel positive. I think the only reason why I can stand their pop songs is because they're not singing in English, something about pop songs in a language you can understand, cheesy... And some of their songs that have English verses, are quite ungrammatical.

They have an interesting voice, sqeaky and scratchy, and pubescent. Haha. As far as their dancing, well, it's been a long time since I've watched them, so I can only remember their dancing to be alright. Like any other Jpop or Kpop band. Though it's been a while since I've been into the J-music scene, I still pop in a W-inds cd when I'm in the mood.
Guest yumenokoyume
Posted
La li ho! I like Nami Tamaki since she participate to do the opening for gundam seed. Checkot her video,[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ftiW5hajfM]belive.[/URL]
Posted
I love anything that catches my eye... errr.. ear? o well.
Here's a short list on my favs:
-Aozu
-Arashi
-Cap to Bin
-Utada Hikaru
-Sakamoto Maaya
-L'arc en Ciel
-Younha
-The Pillows
-Bump of Chicken
-Ayumi Hamasaki
-Takacha
-Snorkel
Oh... oops.. heh.. my bad :animeblus :animesmil anyway... if you don't know the singer/band... i suggest you look for their music. :) It wouldn't be too hard since some of em sings for the animes.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I like most of the songs Yoko Kanno does. I think she has worked on Cowboy bebop, Ghost in the shell, and Wolf's Rain. I really want to get the GITS:SAC OST.

Also I like the Pillows. I would like to have some suggestions of what to listen to.
Posted
I like Utada HIkaru.She did the openings for the KH games 1 and 2.And I like her song Sakura Drops.

Also i really like L'arc~En~ciel.Their song READY,STEADY,GO.It's probably my fav song of theirs.And I like Hydes solo cd.
Posted
i LOVE Japanese music. i go on the Japan iTunes page all the time

my favorite artists are Do As Infinity, Utada Hikaru, Aikawa Nanase, mihimaru GT, L'Arc~en~Ciel, Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA, Every Little Thing, V6.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...