OtakuBoards

Statitory rape....

Vegitto4

OK y'all, This migt be to personal for this forum, i dont know how the admins will react. But here goes.

My friend dated this girl, and then had sex. Her parents found out. He was 15, she was 13. A freshman Sophmore relationship. In Texas, Statitory rape is a 3-year minimum, if you are not a minor/ Her parents are going to press changes if a phone call from his parents is not made by the 6th. Do you think that what they are doing is lawfull?

Well, yeah. Sorry for your friend, but it's still breaking the law. It doesn't matter if the girl said 'yes' or whatever..... she's still 13.... 13!! That's considered to be a child still, and she is. Her parents have the right to press charges.

well rape is forced sex...so the question is did he force this girl or did she do it willingly? Besides that they're both under age anyway so he shouldnt get into anymore trouble than her.

I dont know if my parents are just really chilled or what but being honest here, I first had sex shortly after my 14th birthday...and I'm still 4 months 2 days (exactly :)) from being 16. The guy I was dating was nearly 15 cause he's 6 months older than me, but neither his dad nor my parents cared much as they realized we were being careful and that he wasnt just using me (we ended up having a 17month relationship)

er....okay i'll shut up now until i know fully what im on about...

Wow...I mean...[SIZE=4]Because she said yes, he can be arrested?[/SIZE] This makes no sence! I mean, who's the retard that made laws like this? Those senators should think before passing laws!

*grumbles*[SIZE=1]Stupid laws screwing up innocent men...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by velvet paws [/i]
[B]well rape is forced sex...so the question is did he force this girl or did she do it willingly? Besides that they're both under age anyway so he shouldnt get into anymore trouble than her.

[/B][/QUOTE]

That's Forcible Rape. This situation is dealing with Statutory Rape. The two are different in that with statutory rape, consent isn't an issue. If the person(s) involved are below a certain age, it's illegal, regardless of whether or not they say it's okay. For example, most of the states view the age of 13 as still being a child- which is true, they're certainly not adults- and are not mature enough to truly know what they are letting happen to their bodies. That's where all of these children giving birth to children situations are coming from. They are simply not responsible enough to handle the consequences. Therefore, If someone has sex with a minor in that offense (boy or girl) it is statutory rape, and statutory rape can be tried as a capital offense in some cases. Very serious...

i don't think that just bcuz a thing is lawful or not automatically makes it right or wrong. i don't have the background to really have an opinion on the statutory rape thing, i just know that 13 and 15 is just too :angry2: early to have sex, i did it @ 17 and now i REALLY regret it, but that is a dif story :babble:

Yeah but he is down there in Texas, anything could happen in that Redneck State (J/k). And rape is when 1 person forces the other person. Stagitory Rape is when both 'parties' are willing. I though that one person had to be opver 18 though for it to be Stagitory Rape, but like I said above, this is in Texas a Redneck State, hehe.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]Wow...I mean...[SIZE=4]Because she said yes, he can be arrested?[/SIZE] This makes no sence! I mean, who's the retard that made laws like this? Those senators should think before passing laws!

*grumbles*[SIZE=1]Stupid laws screwing up innocent men...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Those senators did think, and it's a damn good thing that they have those laws passed. Point of the situation is: [b]it doesn't matter if she says yes or not. [/b] I know some of you here are 13 and you might think that you know a lot and can handle this and that and you're mature and whatever else. But you're still kids! What if this girl gets pregnant? Her body is nowhere close to being able to handle a birth [i]or[/i] an abortion. And it's just sick. That's my opinion right there, but the law makes sense. Kids don't have the right to go screwing up other kids' lives with such a magnitude.

Statutory rape doesn't have to be forced, and is still considered rape. If you want proof, go look it up. I'm taking Law right now and have studied this months ago. I know what I'm talking about.

In my opinion, u guys shouldn't have allowed Bush to be governor! Hell, while he was governor, over 150 ppl were put to death, and half of them were later found innocent cause they caught the real criminal! Personally, I would take back all the laws bush passed, review them to see if they are even worth being called laws, and get rid of the crappy ones! And by national law, 14 year olds can be tried as a Adult, so it's 14. And I think this is really stupid! I had a friend who did it with his g/f, he's 16, she's 13, and her parents dun give a crap bout it! They know she's on the pill, and all, and they know he uses protection! So, it's ok with them, besides, the way I see it, if i was a judge, i'd be like "What the hell is ur problems? I dun give a crap bout what the law says, u stick two lovers in a room, and u know what they'll do, this ain't no case! Get the hell outta my sight before I hold u in contempt!!!" Thats what I would be saying!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]In my opinion, u guys shouldn't have allowed Bush to be governor! Hell, while he was governor, over 150 ppl were put to death, and half of them were later found innocent cause they caught the real criminal! Personally, I would take back all the laws bush passed, review them to see if they are even worth being called laws, and get rid of the crappy ones! And by national law, 14 year olds can be tried as a Adult, so it's 14. And I think this is really stupid! I had a friend who did it with his g/f, he's 16, she's 13, and her parents dun give a crap bout it! They know she's on the pill, and all, and they know he uses protection! So, it's ok with them, besides, the way I see it, if i was a judge, i'd be like "What the hell is ur problems? I dun give a crap bout what the law says, u stick two lovers in a room, and u know what they'll do, this ain't no case! Get the hell outta my sight before I hold u in contempt!!!" Thats what I would be saying! [/B][/QUOTE]

Of course, thats why I'm not going to be allowed to be a judge:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]

That's Forcible Rape. This situation is dealing with Statutory Rape. The two are different in that with statutory rape, consent isn't an issue. If the person(s) involved are below a certain age, it's illegal, regardless of whether or not they say it's okay. For example, most of the states view the age of 13 as still being a child- which is true, they're certainly not adults- and are not mature enough to truly know what they are letting happen to their bodies. That's where all of these children giving birth to children situations are coming from. They are simply not responsible enough to handle the consequences. Therefore, If someone has sex with a minor in that offense (boy or girl) it is statutory rape, and statutory rape can be tried as a capital offense in some cases. Very serious... [/B][/QUOTE]

Okies thanx for clearing that up for me. I dont want to put my area down but we dont have any of this trouble round here cause once you hit 13 your almost expected to be thinking of when you're first gona have sex with someone. To be honest half the kids at my skool who are 13 arent virgins anymore (we had a case of year 8's (12-13 year old) boys trying to gang rape a year 8 girl!) 14 is a relatively respectable age as long as you dont sleep around....and when you're 15+ you're just expected to already have or to be really fussy about it.
I duno what's happening to the world anymore. I dont regret it...but once I broke up with the one guy that I still feel I love, Im not going to do it again until I find someone else very specail to me.

hey, don't bash bush. i like him. o well. yes, i think that if your under age (ie 18 below) you don't have a say wether u have sex or not. you can't, it's illegal. even if both people consent, it's still illegal. like if someone tells you to shoot them in the head, and u do, it's still murder and u will go to jail. it's not ok just cause they agreed to it. well, i had my first sexual exprience with a girl when i was 14, but, it's kinda hard not to when her friends tie u up to a bed then leave you alone with her. so technicaly she raped me. but i got to admit, it was kinda fun. and she's my g/f to this day. I LUV U ASHLEE!:love2: now your all gonna say i'm a sick bastard or something, but guess what! I DON'T CARE!!! damn, i had too much alcohol....:alcohol: :alcohol:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]

Dangit! You'd make a fine judge! Better than Judge Judy, that's for sure! [/B][/QUOTE]

Why thank u, but I think Anna would be singing a different tune!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]hey, don't bash bush. i like him. o well. yes, i think that if your under age (ie 18 below) you don't have a say wether u have sex or not. you can't, it's illegal. even if both people consent, it's still illegal. like if someone tells you to shoot them in the head, and u do, it's still murder and u will go to jail. it's not ok just cause they agreed to it. well, i had my first sexual exprience with a girl when i was 14, but, it's kinda hard not to when her friends tie u up to a bed then leave you alone with her. so technicaly she raped me. but i got to admit, it was kinda fun. and she's my g/f to this day. I LUV U ASHLEE!:love2: now your all gonna say i'm a sick bastard or something, but guess what! I DON'T CARE!!! damn, i had too much alcohol....:alcohol: :alcohol: [/B][/QUOTE]

1.If there's something I hate about laws, is what you said. I mean, if you want to die, then die dammit! If you and you gf want to have sex, do it already! If both people agree. how is that bad?

2.Weird, my bro had exactly the same experience...Kindred souls...:alcohol:

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]FYI... in texas youngest you can be and not have statatory rape is 17... and then only if the other party is UNDER 20... so yes he can have charges pressed against him... and the girls parents would win weather or not she was willing... if she were older... his parents could press charges... they may be able to as well... im not totally sure on that part since i was 18 when i moved to TX so that part of it would help me ;)... but it FL it depened on the age... there were different laws if you were 12, 14, 16, and 18... and different penatlys depending on the persons age... FL is worse than TX... tx just has one flat rule... much ezier lol[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

the only thing this whole topic screams out to me is "bad parenting"...

Whether or not the poor boy can be charged with Statitory rape, the sex was probably consentual... but the law sucks, esspecially in texas. The only thing I see are the girls parents wanting some excuse.... they are in disbelief that their daughter would do such a thing at a young age... they are bad parents and they need a scapegoat. From the stats I see, it wasn't rape unless the girl went to the cops, and then they'd have to proove it from testings... and I doubt that happened... and it was probably consentual... so... the parents are the ones to blame... they might possibly ruin this boy's life and their own daughters life... way to go parents, you can go to hell.

[QUOTE][b]Why thank u, but I think Anna would be singing a different tune![/b][/QUOTE]

Heh, naw, it's your opinion. :)

[QUOTE][b]just so you guys know, the parents can't press statutory rape charges after the person is 16. the only one who can press the charges is the actual person who had sex.[/b][/QUOTE]

Yeah, typically after like, 16 or something the individual is considered to be more capable of thinking like an adult and therefore can act as such, releasing a lot of the parents' hold as guardians. But in this case, the kid is only 13, and her parents are still responsible for her... kind of own her still, in a sense (she [i]is[/i] their daughter afterall) and so they can still press charges.

[QUOTE][b]im sorry but i beliee ppl should be allowed to have sex whenever they feel ready regardless of age.[/b][/QUOTE]

True, but is a 13 year old really ready? Let me restate the question: Is a child really ready? They can think they are, but I wouldn't want them to have to carry the same consequences and burdens at that age rather than when they are older and have matured more. It's not fair to them, whether they 'want it' or not. My younger sister could really really want to go shoot up heroin. She could know how to strap her arm and cook up batches of heroin like the best of them and all that stuff. Would I really care about her if I said, 'well, you seem to know what you're doing, okay go ahead, this is what you want'? She might go and do it anyway when she's older, but at least then her body would be a little better able to take care of itself, and hopefully by that time she wouldn't want to anymore, 'cause she smartened up and saw what a stupid thing that would be.