OtakuBoards

Junk Food

Claire

[FONT=Arial]I was just glancing around my room when I noticed there are a lot of empty soda cans lying around. This could show that I'm just messy and lazy, but I never realized how big of a soda junkie I could be.

It's not just one type of soda. There's Cherry Coke, Vault, and Code Red Mountain Dew. I'd even be willing to bet there's Sprite or Rootbeer cans under my bed from months and months ago. (I'm just afraid to look).

I guess it's not some horrible trait I have. I don't drink soda in the morning before I go to school, and I hardly ever have money to spend on the eight zillion vending machines my school has. (A dollar for a snickers bar! That's outrageous!) I'll sometimes steal a sip or two of Mountain Dew if one of my friends has one, just to wake up, but I usually go until I get home from school without soda.

Then I'll drink one because I'm tired and thirsty. If I eat dinner before six, I'll have another soda. On weekends, I have at least four or five a day. (Though I can never stay up past 3 AM). I really love all kinds of soda, except diet, and I'd probably drink a lot more if I had more. Right now, I have a box of Vault and Code Red Mountain Dew. I might even have a few Cherry cokes left.

The sad thing is I don't plan on cutting back.

So, how big of a junk food lover are you? [/FONT]

[COLOR=Sienna]Junk food comprises around 90% of my diet, the other 10% being bacon sandwhiches and poutine. Soft drinks are probably my favourite incarnation of junk food; assuming there are any in the house, I'll have 1 or 2 cans a day, usually a Coke or a Rootbeer, although Canada Dry Ginger Beer has become my favourite for it's bite and taste, as well as the lack of availability.

If I can, I like to get the locally brewed soft drinks, because they taste better, but they're more expensive and harder to find, so I usually just drink the mainstream stuff. Personally, I hate Pepsi the most... It's like Coke that's a few weeks old and watered down that somehow contains more sugar... It's a loss on all fronts.

Aside from soft drinks, I love chips and granola bars and... well, if you stand a high chance of dieing from it, I probably like it. The exception is fast food - especially McDonalds - which I cannot stand based soley on the fact that fast food tastes like ****. I'm a huge junk food junkie and my computer desk is covered in old wrappers and crumbs...

Speaking of which... I could sure go for some Doritos right now...[/COLOR]

It really shocks me how people can consume so much unhealthy foods. When I look in the back of American snacks I usually see a zillion ingredients, half are the same as the ones on every other box. When I look on the back of asian snacks, usually 4 or 5 basic ingredients plus MSG hehehe... I think that in the American market, there's just so much junk food, junk food galore, and it's just so easily available and easy to eat/make. I also think that the foods are usually extreme in something. Like really salty, really sweet, really cheesy, and people have become very tolerant to these flavorful ingredients. I know a lot of people that come to America and wonder why their food is so sweet/salty.

I guess it just depends on your taste and control. As for me I usually give in to my cravings, and I don't have a lot of unhealthy cravings. I probably consume a can of coke a week, and that's actually a big increase from how much soda I consume since I was in high school, like once a month!

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Junk food...yeah, I'm glancing around my room as well, and...
lessee there's Dr.Pepper, Sprite and a few Mountain Dew's here and there.
Yess, I am big on sodas.
I have tried cutting back...but it's not working.
And... as I look around more...I see lots of other things...
that I hadn't noticed.

Not sure if I'm planning on stopping anytime soon...
I know, I know
I should.
But it'll be preeetyy hard for me.[/FONT]

[font=arial][size=1]Soda doesn't affect me much, it makes me a bit on the hyper side sometimes.

However, candy gets me really sick if it's anything more than a small amount. Icing on cake makes me... well, want to pray to the toilet. I'm not a big snacker and I usually just make a small meal-ish thing when I can. I can eat some fattening foods, but I usually don't eat much in one sitting. I'm really finicky about food in general, but yeah...

Candy makes me sick. :-/

[b]EDIT:[/b] I agree with Indifference with Ranch dressing, that stuff is good on anything. I use it for pizza mainly. I hate it on salads, ironically.[/font][/size]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I?m not much of a junk food eater. I don?t care for soda since the carbonation or perhaps it?s the syrup they use just makes me sick to my stomach. I?ve never cared for potato or corn chips as they usually are terribly salty. And candy is just to sickeningly sweet. Occasionally I?ll have some cake, minus the frosting since it too is just a sugar fest. Blech!

Probably my biggest thing I like that?s fattening and probably not that good for you is Ranch dressing. I just love that stuff on salads, veggies and even crackers. I don?t know if you would consider salad dressings junk food, but it?s probably the most unhealthy thing in my kitchen. [/COLOR]

It's quite rare that I consume junk food. And even if I do I normally end up doing some exercises very soon after. I enjoy it mind you, but healthy living is a passion of mine. Things like pasta, mashed potato, vegetables are normally the first thing I will opt for.

What annoys me is the food that we enjoy, are normally quite bad for us. But the foods we dislike, [B]are[/B] good for us! It's a cruel balance...

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I don?t really drink soda as it tends to make me feel wired. Occasionally I?ll have some sprite or root beer, but rarely more than twice a month. I don?t really eat candy either as it too makes me feel wired. And like indifference mentioned. Sugar shock! Some of it?s so sweet that it?s kind of gross.

The one thing I do love is the crunchy cheetos. And I do like to occasionally have the double stuff Oreos. Though usually one small bag of either one is enough that I?m not interested in them again for a while. I guess when it comes right down to it I?m not really into junk food.

I would guess it?s because not only is my mom diabetic but I?m hypoglycemic myself, so I?ve always grown up eating pretty healthy. So most junk food tastes kind of gross to me.

Oh and one other exception, I love candy corn. Though by the time Halloween is over I?m usually sick of it too. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]I've always loved junk food... and I'm quite big on it actually! :animeswea

Every Thursday, my mom goes Grocery Shopping. After I get home from school, I instantly grab a soda and a bag of chips or something and plop in front of the T.V. It's a rather sad life actually.

And my school doesn't help any either. There are tons of soda and candy machines, and a "Snack Window" for the people who can't afford to buy a normal lunch. They sell chips, cookies, fruit snacks, you name it, they probably have it. :animesigh

I'm not sad, though. I'm not really willing to cut back on snacks. They're delicious. Well, at least to me. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

I love junk food. I have literally hundreds of Mello Yello bottles lying on my floor. I crave fast food and I regularly pig out on KFC or McDonbald's when I can.

Chips, sweets, donuts.... I love them all, and a good school lunch isn't complete without at least one of these ingredients.

You wouldn't know it though. I'm one of those few lucky people with such a high metabolism, I can eat, eat, eat and not gain an ounce of fat. I eat tons, but I'm still a skinny little runt. It's bizzare, but I'm not complaining. :p

Junk food isn't the biggest part of my eating ritual, but I should try and limit it. Most of my junk food is either dark chocolate (yum!) or something really, really salty like french fries, popcorn, etc.

I always exercise after eating junk food because even though my fast metabolism burns a lot of the calories, it takes longer and longer as I get older and older to do so.

The bottom line is junk food is probably about 37% of my my diet.

if i could eat only junk food for the rest of my life i would. *sigh* too bad that most no wait all junk foods are really unhealthy, and if i did eat only...say bacon cheese burgers, and mountain dew, for a month...i probably would be twice my size. scary thought. oh well, i guess i'll just have to make do with whoppers and diet pepsi. *sigh*

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Well I don't suppose i'm that much of a junk food eater, although I do drink a lot of Monster's(an energy drink for the insane). And I eat a occassional donut and a pop-tart every now-and-then. I also eat a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos every couple of day's. And that's about all the junk food I eat, so, am I a real big junk food lover? No. So yay me.:bdance: [/COLOR][/SIZE]

I use to be a soda junkie. It started when I worked at my first job at a movie theater where one of the employee perks was all the free fountain soda you could drink. I just got into the habit of drinking soda. I have been slowly weening myself off of the stuff. I have *gulp* worked my way down to diet soda and will eventually get off the stuff all together. Until then it's stuff like Diet Dr. Pepper for me!

If I have a craving for other snacky junk food it's usually something salty. I love potato chips. I really need to get off those. But the oh-so-tasty salty goodness...it's going to be a really hard junk food habit to break.

Sweets I am okay with. Now my hubby on the other hand has a killer sweet tooth. This time of year is really tough. Just today I went shopping for Halloween candy for the trick-or-treaters and he is already saying things like: "Oh, look, this one has the wrapper coming off, I should eat that." I've had to hide the candy from him since he will eat it.

I wonder if there is a 12 step program for Halloween candy junkies? lol

I thought I ate a lot of junk food, but it turns out that I'm sitting at the computer eating squash. Does spaghetti with salad croutons for breakfast count as junk food? Where did all my junkfood go?...Oh yeah! I lived on cup'o'noodles last week! Ramen really is junk food, because to get it all dry, they fry it in some sort of oil. It's also got quite a lot of sodium in those flavor packets...But I love it anyway! :blah:

[color=#56995e][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]As for where I am with Junk Food. Its an iffy thing for me. I will want it sometimes then not want it at another time. My biggest Junk Food would have to be Soda though, if it is around then I will probably drink one. I usually only drink one just after walking home from school since I feel parched by then, and mabye one for dinner if I don't have some kind of Juice instead.

As for treats I am not to drawn to chocholates as I had used to, now Its more along the lines of things that are gummy or fruity tasting. Yet even then I rarely eat those, since now I seem to be eating more [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_pear]Asian Pears[/URL] than I can count. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Green]I used to be obsessed with candy and stuff... like less than a year ago. Kinda sad, really. I'd actually go around my room, searching for chocolate and sweets. Anything to rot my teeth. I guess I kinda turned myself off of the stuff recently. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy making my many cavities scream wtf at me, but overall I don't eat as much as I used to.
I'll eat the occasional cookie, but I try to stay away from the type that has the chocolate filling, and the chocolate outside and the chocolate frosting... like they serve at school. :p [/COLOR]