OtakuBoards

Christmas Banner Contest

James

[font=arial]It's that time of the year again, everyone. We've got about a month to go until Christmas day, so I thought that would be plenty of time to open the floor for all you budding artists out there to produce a Christmas banner for OtakuBoards.

For those who have never seen these threads before, let me just quickly explain how it works.

Over the coming weeks [i]any[/i] member can submit their own Christmas banner to be used at the top of our site. The winner will have their banner put on the site during the Christmas period. As you can see, it's all pretty simple, but there are a few basic guidelines to give your entry a better chance of success:

[b]Banner Size & Border[/b]

I've attached a PSD (Photoshop) file on this post, which anyone can save and use. I recommend that you use this file, as it's the file I use to design new site banners.

Basically, it contains a white background layer (for you to put your design on) and a foreground layer that contains a black border.

You [b]must leave the black border in place[/b] - this will ensure that the banner fits the site correctly and correlates with the rest of the page's borders.

And of course, the size must remain as-is.

[b]What needs to go on the banner?[/b]

You can really include whatever imagery you want on the banner (whatever you feel is appropriate), but there are a few things I will require:

[list]
[*]The banner [b]must[/b] contain the word "OtakuBoards" somewhere. It's an inter-capped word (rather than "Otakuboards"), but you can choose whatever font or color you like for it, as long as the site's title is clearly displayed.
[*]If you like, you may include your name/signature somewhere on the banner...but please keep it relatively small and unobtrusive.
[*]You can also use any colors you like, but I recommend sticking with between two and three colors so as not to make the banner look too busy or awkward.
[/list]

That's about it, really. You can include a "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Christmas" message on the banner, but that's entirely up to you.

[b]Other Stuff[/b]

You can submit as many entries as you like (but please avoid double-posting) and you can also work on banners in teams if you want. It's really all up to you - whatever you think will result in the best banner.

At the moment I am not really setting a deadline, but I'm probably going to allow roughly two weeks or so for submissions.

I think that's about it for now. You may attach your submissions on OtakuBoards if you want, but you can also host them elsewhere and use the IMG tag to put several in a single post.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here! :catgirl: [/font]

[size=1]... Don't look at this banner as how it is, but what it was meant to be. The idea was okay. The snow on the houses and the mountain needs some shaping up at least. And adding snowflakes is obviously not my strongest point.

[IMG]http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5429/banner001w00txmaslolzombn6.png[/IMG][/size]

[QUOTE=James][font=arial]

[list][*]You can also use any colors you like, but I recommend sticking with between two and three colors so as not to make the banner look too busy or awkward.
[/list] [/font][/QUOTE]

Well James, I've only got one color for you: [B]black[/B]!

[CENTER][IMG]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7669/obheadercopyuz1.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]

As you can see, the blue in the "OtakuBoards" logo would match the liquid skin perfectly, so it would be a nice fit.

:crosses fingers:

[quote name='James][font=arial]Forget a Christmas banner...we need a [i]whole skin[/i'] with that theme! The "last post" buttons could be made of chrome and we could have fuzzy dice hanging off the banner or something.[/font][/quote]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5948/rho6pxgf1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]I've never made a banner from scratch before - let alone for something as big as this; hopefully, though, my simplistic piece will win - or at the very least get recognition.[/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/OB-Banner-to-be.png[/img][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]I was going for something simple, christmas-like, and with the humour of how we - as members - act, even around Christmas time.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Hope you all like it. :animesmil [/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Dagger]If we lived in Massachusetts, Sara, that would be my cue to ask for your hand in marriage. :animesmil

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
[size=1]You live in Massachusetts, Sara? I could have sworn I was sending my letters to you somewhere else all these years.

Also, I think we should all take a moment to think about Dagger and Sara being married. Mm.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]You live in Massachusetts, Sara? I could have sworn I was sending my letters to you somewhere else all these years.

Also, I think we should all take a moment to think about Dagger and Sara being married. Mm.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE][COLOR=maroon]She doesn't. She lives in #####, exactly where you think she lives. She does go to school in #####, though. I think Dagger was just saying Massachusetts as a reference to something none of us get/know about.

I don't even think Dagger is in Massachusetts. I remember thinking she's more in the VA-DC-MD area.

Anyway, that was a priceless typo and "fix" by Sara.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sara][size=1][color=#b0000b][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25945&stc=1[/img] [URL=http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25945][linky][/URL] [/size'][/color][/quote]
[SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]That's exactly what I thought when I saw that banner, lmao.

But anyways, I will be attempting one, so I'll be back in a bit with a few tries, hopefully I can stick to the simplistic non-over coloured cluttered look.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][quote name='Charles']If you edit it to put your dog in you'll have my vote![/quote]I?m going to add reading people?s minds to your list of superpowers! I actually have a cute little Christmas outfit that I got the other day and both SunfallE (as she baths and grooms her) and Mariskah (since she has a nice digital camera for taking the pictures) are going to help me get her cleaned up and ready for pictures in front of the Christmas tree! That's actually what I'm going to be doing tomorrow.

The pictures are mainly for Christmas cards, but I had been planning on taking one of them and making a banner for OB just for fun. And now that you've mentioned it I'll have to edit the original submission and put one in of it too! ^_^[/COLOR]