OtakuBoards

When would you rather be?

Kitchen Sink

[quote name='lostvoice']Oh and i'm 14! not as young as the other dude but still pretty young. I have an older body and mind for my Age though( I'm more developed in brains and body than most poeple my age.)[/quote]
[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Tahoma]Dude? No no, I am a [I]chick[/I]. There's a big difference between "chick" and "dude".

Aaaand I have another time I want to add. I think it'd be cool if I could watch the world blow up in a fiery mass of incandescent gas in a million years. Plus, it'd be nice and warm, and in this weather I'd welcome that.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]I can't really think of any other time I'd rather live in than now. My AP world history class is probably responsible for this; I've learned a lot about how poorly women were treated in a lot of cultures for a really long time. Also, I love technology a bit too much, and I don't think I'd be willing to give it all up just for a chance to live in a different era.

If I could live during a time without worrying about my rights or not having technology, though, I'd probably have to say the Victorian Era. Something about that has always intrigued me...most likely the fact that it inspiried gothic music and fashion.

Actually, a thought just popped into my head. I absolutely adore around 1900-1950, for the clothes, music, films, and general awesomeness during those times. I think the musicals Annie and Chicago have probably shaped that interest, being set around the 20's and 30's. I also think it would be pretty cool to be around when Wizard of Oz first came out in 1939...

...but watching it on DVD is a little bit more appealing. =/

The 80's seem sort of fun, too. There were some really good goth bands then, such as Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Joy Division, and Sisters of Mercy. Some of my favorite movies (Clue, Labyrinth, the Princess Bride) were made in the 80's, too. [/FONT]

Dude, I never thought of those times . Wow i must have been tired. those sound like grand times two. In fact, the fifties inspiered some of our gothic aparrel too, like the pants and make-up and the eighties acually brought alot of punk and rock to the scene.Along with that techno and dance originated from there I beleive.

1900-1950? Hummm.... the plays would be nice but I wouldn't want to be in the time of the holocoast. (thats the era,right?) I couldn't deel with that.

[size=1][color=slategray]I wouldn't want to live in the later past, only because I'm a girl. It would be HELL to deal with your period. I have a hard enough time as it is with pads and being drugged up on Pamprin.

Ahaha.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]I wouldn't want to live in the later past, only because I'm a girl. It would be HELL to deal with your period. I have a hard enough time as it is with pads and being drugged up on Pamprin.

Ahaha.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]...I want to be about five minutes before I read that.[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]...I want to be about five minutes before I read that.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]

[size=1][color=slategray]You need to face reality some day. ;)[/color][/size]

[quote name='Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]You need to face reality some day. ;)[/color'][/size][/quote]

Yup' sure true. Hey Dead didn't you state in one of your past sigis you'd do anything for love? I'm assuming with woman. And women do have those dreadful issues. So if your gonna' do it with some chick keep in mind that life every1-2(because of pre menstraul syndome) weeks of the year, will be hell for you and her.

Guest Shirtless
Maybe in the B.C.'s . In Egypt, that would be cool.^^ Or in Meiji Period in Japan. Or the 1800's. PPL there were a lot more saphysticated. AND HAD BETTER SPELLING!!

[quote name='Shirtless']Maybe in the B.C.'s . In Egypt, that would be cool.^^ Or in Meiji Period in Japan. Or the 1800's. PPL there were a lot more saphysticated. AND HAD BETTER SPELLING!![/quote]

Dude, I's is a guoode spler! That comment was not very nice!(umm...to who ever it was directed to....i'm not sure. But in case it's me.....well you read it.)

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][quote name='Shirtless]Maybe in the B.C.'s . In Egypt, that would be cool.^^ Or in Meiji Period in Japan. Or the 1800's. PPL there were a lot more saphysticated. AND HAD BETTER SPELLING!![/QUOTE]And using PPL instead of people and saphysticated instead of sophisticated is better because? [QUOTE=lostvoice']Dude, I's is a guoode spler! That comment was not very nice!(umm...to who ever it was directed to....i'm not sure. But in case it's me.....well you read it.)[/quote]Or I?s is a guoode spler! Instead of I am a good speller? Or i'm instead of I?m?

Before either one of you start pointing fingers in regards to spelling or other grammar issues I?m going to point [B]both[/B] of you to this section of the rules:
[INDENT][B]Incoherent/Sloppy Posts:[/B] At OtakuBoards, we greatly emphasize the concept of having clear, easy to read posts. This includes correct use of spelling, grammar and punctuation. If a member is posting with very poor quality, they will be asked to clean up their future posts.[/INDENT]
Both of you need to work on your posts as they are filled with all sorts of spelling errors and using abbreviations doesn?t cut it either. Try using something like word to spell check your posts, then simply copy and paste them. If you don?t have word, you can use the spell check in Hotmail. Which by the way is free.

As for the actual topic, I really don?t have a desire to be in another time. Unless you are talking about visiting one briefly, if that?s the case I?d love to visit all sorts of different eras from the past to the unknown future. Personally I?d love to find a time where we are out among the stars instead of being bound to Earth, or rather being one of the many here who will never go out into space in their lifetime. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
Both of you need to work on your posts as they are filled with all sorts of spelling errors and using abbreviations doesn?t cut it either. Try using something like word to spell check your posts, then simply copy and paste them. If you don?t have word, you can use the spell check in Hotmail. Which by the way is free.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Tahoma]Thank you. I love you.

Now, back on topic. Another time I'd like to live is way, waaay back when MTV was just music videos. When was that, the 80's?

Also, I want to go back into the 60's and be a dead-head. Just to make my dad jealous.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sojiro47']WHAT?!?!?!?! That's pertty cool, having a 12-year-old on the boards..[/quote]
I'm 13 years old..is that weird? how old is everyone else? :animestun
anyways...i guess i would live in the future so i could have a laser sword
and internet access inside of my head! Or live whenever the song Safety Dance came out...the 80's right?

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]You need to face reality some day. ;)[/color'][/size][/quote]
It's not so much not facing those realities, it's more only wanting to face those realities when it's absolutely necessary, ie, when I'm involved. Facing them outside of those circumstances is something to be avoided, and falls under the "Umbrella of Too Much Information".
[quote name='lostvoice']Yup' sure true. Hey Dead didn't you state in one of your past sigis you'd do anything for love? I'm assuming with woman. And women do have those dreadful issues. So if your gonna' do it with some chick keep in mind that life every1-2(because of pre menstraul syndome) weeks of the year, will be hell for you and her.[/quote]
Been there, done that. You make the assumption that I'm a virgin who's never had a longterm relationship; ohoho, how wrong you are.

I'm pretty sure, right now, I want to be about three days ago. My Grandma was still alive then.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Phaedrus']i would live outside the bounds of time, because time is a human fabrication.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Umm, no. [I]Measured[/I] time is a human fabrication. Time [I][B]is[/B][/I]. My statement doesn't translate well into writing, but I'll say it anyway. I mean 'is' as is the verb [I]to be[/I] ? it just is.

Nice shot at nonconformity, though.[/FONT]
[quote name='DeadSeraphim][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]I'm pretty sure, right now, I want to be about three days ago. My Grandma was still alive then.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Ooh. Sorry, man. Jays, that's rough. I might have to deal with that myself here in a few years; I hope your grandmother died peacefully.

Along those lines, I might actually like to be back about twenty years. My grandfather died the year I was born, and I'd really like to meet the guy that made my dad such an awesome man.[/FONT]

I?d like to go back in time and hear some of the greatest classical music when it was originally performed. Or rather meet those who were responsible for writing it.

If not that, then definitely the future, one where as SunfallE put it, we are out among the stars. Now that would be interesting and quite the experience.

Or can I be selfish and have the option to travel to many different times and check them out before I decide?