OtakuBoards

When would you rather be?

Kitchen Sink

This is not a double of that "Where would you rather be?" thread with a typo, although the wordplay is intedned, of course. ;)

If you could choose what period in time to live out your life, what would it be? Would you live amongst early civilisation? Perhaps you'd like to live in the more advanced age of the 2050's, or beyond!

What, if anything, do you expect will be different about the way your life works in that period?

[font=Verdana][size=2]I'd live in the not too distant future, say, the 2050's. While I suspect I will eventually see those days, I'd like to be 16 then and have my life ahead of me, catch my drift?[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]I selected the near future as opposed to the distant future to account for culture shock. In the 3050's we might not even look like what we look like now. Technology would have advanced to such a ridiculous point I'd never get my head around it. It pays to be cautious about such things.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]My second choice would be the 60's, with man walking on the moon and making giant leaps for mankind being one of the prime examples as to why I'd enjoy checking outthat decade. Of course, option 2 is only appealing if I don't know of the time I'm living in now. It would feel like a bad TV rerun otherwise.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Discuss.[/size][/font]

Taking into consideration that I'm Asian American, I'd have to go to the future. Reason is because if I were in Asia in the past and present, or the West in the past, I'd be oppressed either way, hehe.

I'd choose to be in the not-too-distant future as Kitchen Sink suggests; this is only if I'll have my current memories. The culture shock is taken into consideration. If I have new memories, then any future will do, I guess.

Oh, the possibilities. =P

I'd say like, way way future XD Cowboy Bebop future would be awesome!

Maybe like 5689? (random number :animesmil ) It would be cool to see what Earth would be like, and if we've found other life in the universe, if we've inhibited other planets, how much of the Milky way we've Divcovered too!!

Great now you got me started :animeswea

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmmm......well, unlike several of you, i'd like to live in the Dark Ages. And the reason is quite simple, which would be the fact that I would love to be a knight. Just the glory and honor of being a knight and charging into battle and such. It all really sound's pretty interesting to me, especially the part where I get to boss some knight's around. And yes, I know about all the negative thing's about the Dark Ages too, so please don't try to sound "smart" by giving me little detail's about the downside of disease's and such. Anyway's, that's basically the time period I would probably be most interested in. And if not the Dark Ages, then maybe the year 3000? I mean, maybe there will be some cool hover car's or something.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I'd like to either be around in the mid eighteen hundreds protesting slavery and maybe getting arrested for voting like a famous citizen of my city did in the 1850's (Susan B Anthony) or in the 1960's campaigning for equal rights and getting into trouble.

The new millenium has nothing for me and I would have loved to be one of those 'uppity' women. It fits me. Honestly I can see myself getting into one of those sufferagettes' parades wearing purple and gold or handing out flyers. Anything that would annoy the conservatives at that time would be fine with me. I just want to cause some trouble for a good cause.

Or at the very least you could stick me in the 1940's and maybe I'd join up as an Army nurse. I'm just not cut out for this millenium no matter how often I use the internet and drive my car like a crazy lady.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Kurayami Oji][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmmm......well, unlike several of you, i'd like to live in the Dark Ages. And the reason is quite simple, which would be the fact that I would love to be a knight. Just the glory and honor of being a knight and charging into battle and such. It all really sound's pretty interesting to me, especially the part where I get to boss some knights around.[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Awesome. I'm kind of with you there. Except, most of the weapons are rather cumbersome (and so is the armor), so tha's a small drawback.

I'd personally like to live somewhen where swordplay is appreciated and widely used; past, future, it doesn't really matter.

I kind of feel I was born in the wrong era anyway.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Allamorph][font=Arial]Awesome. I'm kind of with you there. Except, most of the weapons are rather cumbersome (and so is the armor), so tha's a small drawback.

I'd personally like to live somewhen where swordplay is appreciated and widely used; past, future, it doesn't really matter.

I kind of feel I was born in the wrong era anyway.[/font][/QUOTE][COLOR=#503F86]I'd rather not say the Dark Ages as such- too little's known about it to know for sure what it was like. I'd prefer anything post 1400's, personally. That's probably the golden age for knights and plate armour (even though they've been around since well before then). But then you need to consider the considerable difference in body strength between them and us if you were to go back (knights were trained from the ages of 8 upwards don't forget, and people had to practice archery every Sunday- technically it's still law in the UK)... I'd love to be able to use my swords properly, but I know I wouldn't stand a chance if I actually went back.

Now [i]Japan[/i] in the 1400s... that's an incredibly different story.

I wouldn't mind going back to the Georgian era. Then you can still have duels (albeit illegal ones), plus you get some fantastic clothing.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]It all depends on if what I do in the past affects the future. I'm assumming it would but if it didn't I'd take automatic rifles back to the Revolutionary War days and see what happens to them Brits then!

But on a serious note, I'd really like to check out the 1970s. My mom and my dad lived through those years and alot of things happened in the 70s. If you think about it, it was kinda the dawn of modern culture. Videogames, fashion trends and so on so forth. Of course I would take plenty of clothes so I wouldn't have to look like a dork.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]I'd want to be a teenager right around '69. Why? Woodstock. I love the whole hippy deal. Awesome music, promiscuous sex, drugs a plenty, no known consequences, weed. C'moooon! That sounds freggin' awesome!

Some of my favorites bands of all time were around back then. Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Eric Clapton, Judas Priest, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and a bunch of others. Plus then right now i'd be one of those old hippies with like the long white hair and the tie die shirts. I'm sorry, but that's much better than being a traditional old person.

Besides that period of time i wouldn't mind living in the period of time where we learn things by taking pills and the world is in peace...and technology is so advanced that every person can pretty much live out their life in complete happiness. Or maybe a time where there's a lot of chaos, but i would be born into a situation where i would learn how to fight incredibly early on, like Vash the Stampede in Trigun or the way Gene and Mougen fight in Samurai Champloo. I think it'd be fun to get into some gun/sword fights. Plus the chicks'd dig me. Oh baby, oh baby. =D

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=DimGray][b]1991[/b].

The rave scene was at its peak, red boxing still worked, The Addams Family hit theaters (not to mention T2), not even going to go into the music...

So many good things about that year.

Although, '88 was the year that hip hop was hip hop...

Oh well.

[/color][/size][color=DimGray]
[/color]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Tahoma]I'd like to live in 2018, because that's the year I turn 21, and I plan on celebrating by pouring a large glass of the finest champagne and falling asleep upside-down with my clothes inside-out on a large waterbed.

Ah, it's good to be the blacksheep of my family.

EDIT: I meant 2015... My mind was not working.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Lava Lamp][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Tahoma]I'd like to live in 2018, because that's the year I turn 21, and I plan on celebrating by pouring a large glass of the finest champagne and falling asleep upside-down with my clothes inside-out on a large waterbed.

Ah, it's good to be the blacksheep of my family.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=slategray]You're nine? O.o[/color][/size]

WHAT?!?!?!?! That's pertty cool, having a 12-year-old on the boards.

As for the topic, I'd like to live in the Age of the Samurai of Japan. More spicificly, towards the end of it, during the Bakumatsu and revelutionary war of Japan. Why? Simple, it's a good place to go to learn about what real chaos is. Think about it, men covered in blood running around with swords, killing in the name of their ideals. The amount of blood shead in that war would have been enough to run the Red Cross for at least a year. It was an amazing time, the death of the Samurai.

[quote name='Sojiro47']WHAT?!?!?!?! That's pertty cool, having a 12-year-old on the boards.[/quote]
[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial][i]You're twelve?[/i][/font][/color'][/size][/quote]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Tahoma]Uhh last time I checked, my age was 12, is that a bad thing?...And yes Sojiro, I am cool. You should feel lucky that I joined the OB.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Lava Lamp][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Tahoma]And yes Sojiro, I am cool. You should feel lucky that I joined the OB.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
Oh, I feel very lucky. And here I thought that the youngest member of the Boards was Tical Blue.

Back to the topic:
I would also like to be back in the begining of the OB. I hear things about those days, but I konw nothing.

[QUOTE=Sojiro47]Oh, I feel very lucky. And here I thought that the youngest member of the Boards was Tical Blue.

Back to the topic:
I would also like to be back in the begining of the OB. I hear things about those days, but I konw nothing. [/QUOTE]
[COLOR=SeaGreen]
[FONT=Tahoma]Nah, there's a bunch of young people on the board, you just gotta look for them.

So anyways, I think another time I'd like to go back to is when JFK was president, because I'd like to have a [strike]smart[/strike] better president in office while I am alive. Also, because JFK's death intrests me a bit, and right this moment I don't fully understand it and I think I'd understand it more if I was there when he was shot.[/FONT] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Sojiro47]Oh, I feel very lucky. And here I thought that the youngest member of the Boards was Tical Blue.

Back to the topic:
I would also like to be back in the begining of the OB. I hear things about those days, but I konw nothing. [/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]That's what Otakupedia is for!![/font][/color][/size]

I'd like to live in the victorian times. Such beautiful dresses at that time. Major damage to your inerds with the corsets though. The future(deep future) would be nice. I however am only curious as to what it holds. I suspect dismal times for man kind and its surrounding species.

Oh and i'm 14! not as young as the other dude but still pretty young. I have an older body and mind for my Age though( I'm more developed in brains and body than most poeple my age.)